Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by tps Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:44 am

dusty7 wrote:More news on the vaccine front.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covid-vaccine-cdc-should-warn-people-the-side-effects-from-shots-wont-be-walk-in-the-park-.html+

Will employers provide paid sick days for people to get the vaccine? Many of those who live in low-income neighborhoods where COVID has a higher rate of spread cannot afford to take days off work if they are experiencing the side effects. Most of us here have the privilege of having paid sick leave or are retired but many of those who need the vaccine do not have that privilege. I wonder if this will deter them from going and getting the vaccine?

Also, may have found people who have even more disregard for restrictions than JB - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hawaii-conference-backlash-coronavirus-restrictions-california

the above (hawaii trip) is a great example of information/misinformation 'the public' deals with. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE they say (people are 'cancelled' if they don't agree), scientific study comes out showing masks don't really work well but you should wear them anyway?  governor tells you to avoid crowds but attends party in the street celebrating biden. mayor of chicago does the same. CDC says that kids need to be in school, data shows that schools are not large contributors to the spread but we are going to shut them down anyway. football cannot be played safely in Illinois meanwhile hundreds of schools in neighboring states play without a hiccup. asymptomatic cases do not cause epidemics - shut it down anyway. BECAUSE, SCIENCE -  you buffoon - how can you be so flippant and selfish. JB did his daily brief from home. (we're tier 3 dummy, he's working from home...ya, which home?) another crazy conspiracy theory... this dumb hick doesn't get it.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:31 am

tps wrote:
The flu spread is very low this year because people are wearing masks and social distancing but covid is spreading because people are not wearing masks and not social distancing...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

#Science
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 am

tps wrote:
I'm curious what you mean "not as bad as it was in 2017 and 2018". Was she referring to the flu season in those years?

Yes the flu season that year. Especially the months of January and February and the age range of individuals who visited the hospital ranged from infants to elderly where currently she has only seen a few people under the age of 50. That is not to say there haven't been any but she hasn't treated anyone younger than that.

And here we are on the last day of school before Thanksgiving and I think we may be the only school in the area going full in-person. We have had some hiccups but we have pushed through with minimal student and staff cases within the entire district. Like many schools, we had a lot of students in quarantine which resulted in a lot of absences but I believe that as a teacher, even if 2 kids show up, we owe it to them to provide an educational experience.

People can say all they want about science and data but I have seen it with my own two eyes. Get the staff and the students to buy into the changes, follow through with as much of the guidelines and mitigations possible, and give students some credit for following the rules, you can successfully open schools. The responsibility goes beyond what happens within the doors of the school, limiting social circles, not going to large social events, parents not sending kids to school while they are sick, etc., but it can be done and it can be done safely with little negative impact on the education side. I know we can easily shift to remote at anytime and I believe at some point that will happen but our kids, staff, administration, support staff, and school board absolutely do not want to see that happen.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

tps wrote:
dusty7 wrote:More news on the vaccine front.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covid-vaccine-cdc-should-warn-people-the-side-effects-from-shots-wont-be-walk-in-the-park-.html+

Will employers provide paid sick days for people to get the vaccine? Many of those who live in low-income neighborhoods where COVID has a higher rate of spread cannot afford to take days off work if they are experiencing the side effects. Most of us here have the privilege of having paid sick leave or are retired but many of those who need the vaccine do not have that privilege. I wonder if this will deter them from going and getting the vaccine?

Also, may have found people who have even more disregard for restrictions than JB - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hawaii-conference-backlash-coronavirus-restrictions-california

the above (hawaii trip) is a great example of information/misinformation 'the public' deals with. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE they say (people are 'cancelled' if they don't agree), scientific study comes out showing masks don't really work well but you should wear them anyway?  governor tells you to avoid crowds but attends party in the street celebrating biden. mayor of chicago does the same. CDC says that kids need to be in school, data shows that schools are not large contributors to the spread but we are going to shut them down anyway. football cannot be played safely in Illinois meanwhile hundreds of schools in neighboring states play without a hiccup. asymptomatic cases do not cause epidemics - shut it down anyway. BECAUSE, SCIENCE -  you buffoon - how can you be so flippant and selfish. JB did his daily brief from home. (we're tier 3 dummy, he's working from home...ya, which home?) another crazy conspiracy theory... this dumb hick doesn't get it.

From a school teacher stand point, the flu in 2017 and 2018 was very bad.  I recall those winters included a lot more school absences than usual.  

As for the schools, I think we have all agreed that schools are not a huge issue and that they should be open to in person learning.  I think we also agree for the most part that sports should be and should have been played.  We just recently went full remote for 2 weeks...any school in our area that has had to go full remote hasn't been due to the students.  They have staff out; we have 6 teachers out due to having it or close contacts.  We can't get subs in our area at all and thus have to go remotely.  That's the same story for all of our local districts that have had to go full remote.  I love people that make this out to be the adults / teachers trying to keep the kids out of the schools...I f*****g hate the way we are teaching right now and want nothing more than to have a class full of kids.  I believe it can be done safely.  I'm not in charge though.  

As for the science, it's been medically proven that COVID-19 is way more contagious than the regular influenza virus.  The way that it is made up makes it able to sustain itself outside the body for much longer.  I won't argue that we have dipshit politicians who make dipshit decisions and do dipshit things.  Our President is no different.  The southern hemisphere experienced a massive reduction in the flu season this past summer in comparison to other years; many medical experts say it is due to the mitigation's that were in place from COVID.  Is that true?  I do not know...but neither do you.  Anyone can find something on the internet that backs up their own narrative.  Whether it's me or you, there's always something out there...of which is almost always politically motivated.  The people I choose to listen to I have confidence in for the most part...they say wear masks...so my family and I do.  It's not this huge intrusion on our freedoms or liberties.  We still go to the store when we need to; we don't eat out right now, but we get take out whenever we can to support local businesses.  I've had many first hand experiences with COVID recently beyond my friends father, and it's not been good.  I'll choose to continue to base my information and attitude on what I see first hand in my own area...but you keep searching the internet for people who tell you what you want to hear.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OldTitan, newcom and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:30 am

tps wrote:the above (hawaii trip) is a great example of information/misinformation 'the public' deals with. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE they say (people are 'cancelled' if they don't agree), scientific study comes out showing masks don't really work well but you should wear them anyway?  governor tells you to avoid crowds but attends party in the street celebrating biden. mayor of chicago does the same. CDC says that kids need to be in school, data shows that schools are not large contributors to the spread but we are going to shut them down anyway. football cannot be played safely in Illinois meanwhile hundreds of schools in neighboring states play without a hiccup. asymptomatic cases do not cause epidemics - shut it down anyway. BECAUSE, SCIENCE -  you buffoon - how can you be so flippant and selfish. JB did his daily brief from home. (we're tier 3 dummy, he's working from home...ya, which home?) another crazy conspiracy theory... this dumb hick doesn't get it.

This dumb city slicker doesn't get it either.  I thought all this was going away after November 3.  Everyone knows that the shutdowns and the restrictions were created and implemented by blue states and blue counties and blue cities and blue mainstream media and blue social media and blue fake media and blue SCIENCE to keep Trump from getting re-elected.  I was all in with that strategy, because I thought it was only going to be a temporary inconvenience to take down the economy and make Trump look bad, but now I feel DUPED!  Didn't all those blue entities get the memo that Trump lost and it's okay now to stop pretending that the restrictions and shut downs are being done in the name of public health; that it's okay now to dump the masks and to stop treading on me?  Can someone please explain what's going on to this dumb city slicker?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime, lefty120 and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Dumb hick or dumb city slicker, I think it is starting to become obvious that some of those in power that have implemented these policies are not willing to sacrifice and follow the guidelines themselves.  When people see those in power not following the rules it makes it less likely they will follow the rules. These incidents are not isolated and starting to occur more often.  

Is JB in Illinois or Florida? Does it matter?  I guess he can make decisions away from Illinois but it sends the wrong message to the rest of the citizens of Illinois while he continuously berates the citizens for not following the policies that he has used his science and data to create. In NY, NJ, and every other state in the Union, they are not giving their pressers from home like JB.    

Like lefty, I am making my decision based upon what I have seen and what I have experienced. If someone wants to make the decision based upon the science and the data than they are free to do so and I won't judge.  But if you do decide to follow the science and the data, you should go All In and not pick and choose when you want to abide by the mitigation efforts.

If JB really wanted to do something to be remembered for, maybe he should look at doing more to help the nursing homes and long-term care facilities. But somehow I guess the following data is the fault of Illinois citizens not going ALL IN.
https://wirepoints.org/the-right-covid-policy-for-illinois-obsess-about-the-elderly-and-infirm-wirepoints/

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Head Idiot and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:the above (hawaii trip) is a great example of information/misinformation 'the public' deals with. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE they say (people are 'cancelled' if they don't agree), scientific study comes out showing masks don't really work well but you should wear them anyway?  governor tells you to avoid crowds but attends party in the street celebrating biden. mayor of chicago does the same. CDC says that kids need to be in school, data shows that schools are not large contributors to the spread but we are going to shut them down anyway. football cannot be played safely in Illinois meanwhile hundreds of schools in neighboring states play without a hiccup. asymptomatic cases do not cause epidemics - shut it down anyway. BECAUSE, SCIENCE -  you buffoon - how can you be so flippant and selfish. JB did his daily brief from home. (we're tier 3 dummy, he's working from home...ya, which home?) another crazy conspiracy theory... this dumb hick doesn't get it.

This dumb city slicker doesn't get it either.  I thought all this was going away after November 3.  Everyone knows that the shutdowns and the restrictions were created and implemented by blue states and blue counties and blue cities and blue mainstream media and blue social media and blue fake media and blue SCIENCE to keep Trump from getting re-elected.  I was all in with that strategy, because I thought it was only going to be a temporary inconvenience to take down the economy and make Trump look bad, but now I feel DUPED!  Didn't all those blue entities get the memo that Trump lost and it's okay now to stop pretending that the restrictions and shut downs are being done in the name of public health; that it's okay now to dump the masks and to stop treading on me?  Can someone please explain what's going on to this dumb city slicker?

us dumb hicks and the chickens didn't know...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 pm

dusty7 wrote:Dumb hick or dumb city slicker, I think it is starting to become obvious that some of those in power that have implemented these policies are not willing to sacrifice and follow the guidelines themselves.  When people see those in power not following the rules it makes it less likely they will follow the rules. These incidents are not isolated and starting to occur more often.  

Is JB in Illinois or Florida? Does it matter?  I guess he can make decisions away from Illinois but it sends the wrong message to the rest of the citizens of Illinois while he continuously berates the citizens for not following the policies that he has used his science and data to create. In NY, NJ, and every other state in the Union, they are not giving their pressers from home like JB.    

Like lefty, I am making my decision based upon what I have seen and what I have experienced. If someone wants to make the decision based upon the science and the data than they are free to do so and I won't judge.  But if you do decide to follow the science and the data, you should go All In and not pick and choose when you want to abide by the mitigation efforts.

If JB really wanted to do something to be remembered for, maybe he should look at doing more to help the nursing homes and long-term care facilities.  But somehow I guess the following data is the fault of Illinois citizens not going ALL IN.
https://wirepoints.org/the-right-covid-policy-for-illinois-obsess-about-the-elderly-and-infirm-wirepoints/

this x1000. 

who is going to 'obey' the rules when the rule makers don't?
my poorly explained point was - who/what should you believe? JB, trump, CNN, FOX, data?  you can find doctors, scientists, media, studies, leadership etc. on both sides of the covid issue.
some say they believe what they see. that is a good approach but make sure blinders are not involved.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm

tps wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Dumb hick or dumb city slicker, I think it is starting to become obvious that some of those in power that have implemented these policies are not willing to sacrifice and follow the guidelines themselves.  When people see those in power not following the rules it makes it less likely they will follow the rules. These incidents are not isolated and starting to occur more often.  

If JB really wanted to do something to be remembered for, maybe he should look at doing more to help the nursing homes and long-term care facilities.  But somehow I guess the following data is the fault of Illinois citizens not going ALL IN.

this x1000. 

my poorly explained point was - who/what should you believe? JB, trump, CNN, FOX, data?  you can find doctors, scientists, media, studies, leadership etc. on both sides of the covid issue.
some say they believe what they see. that is a good approach but make sure blinders are not involved.

When people in your community die and some can't get the care they need because the hospitals are to full, then it's wearing blinders? So the local Dr.'s, many of whom are trusted, are lying hoping that their patients die so a political narrative can be trumpeted? That's an awfully disrespectful thing to say.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime, ging and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:49 pm

This is why whatever Biden and his task force come up with, it can't be a lockdown. Our "leaders" no matter what side of the aisle have proven over and over and over again they won't follow the guidelines themselves. And, if the don't, the American people won't, nor should they.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:12 pm

dusty7 wrote:If someone wants to make the decision based upon the science and the data than they are free to do so and I won't judge.  But if you do decide to follow the science and the data, you should go All In and not pick and choose when you want to abide by the mitigation efforts.

What a crock of crap.

Tell me, is the reverse of that crap crock true?  If you decide NOT to follow the science and the data, does that mean you should NEVER EVER wear a mask or that you should take ZERO precautions to keep yourself from spreading infection?  All in is all in, right?  Does it mean you walk into your Family Dollar without a mask and get all bent out of shape when they tell you to put one on?  Do you then leave without your two liter bottles of Shasta, or do you put on the mask?  If you put one on then you aren't all in, and your hissy fit doesn't make you any less guilty of not being all in. Only if you leave without getting what you came for, AND throwing the hissy fit while walking out, would you be faithful to being all in on not following the science or data.

I know that you are talking about Pritzker, and I certainly agree that someone in a public position like that should lead by example in order to be effective, but I'm talking about you lumping all people who want to try to follow science into one nice neat bundle and then say they must be all in or else they are some kind of hypocrite.  You say you won't judge, but you won't judge only if you perceive them to be innocent according to your interpretation of right and wrong.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm

lefty120 wrote:
When people in your community die and some can't get the care they need because the hospitals are to full, then it's wearing blinders?  So the local Dr.'s, many of whom are trusted, are lying hoping that their patients die so a political narrative can be trumpeted?  That's an awfully disrespectful thing to say.
Maybe I'm woefully ignorant of the US hospitals' ability to handle patients, but is the system that small that 85,000 people is overwhelming it? That's .02% of the population.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/24/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 pm

ramblinman wrote:I'm talking about you lumping all people who want to try to follow science

My in-laws think they're "following science" when they're really just following orders. They don't understand science.... as in, F = ma (Force = mass x acceleration)... or wear your damn seatbelt.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:35 pm

"But it's uncomfortable..."

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
When people in your community die and some can't get the care they need because the hospitals are to full, then it's wearing blinders?  So the local Dr.'s, many of whom are trusted, are lying hoping that their patients die so a political narrative can be trumpeted?  That's an awfully disrespectful thing to say.
Maybe I'm woefully ignorant of the US hospitals' ability to handle patients, but is the system that small that 85,000 people is overwhelming it? That's .02% of the population.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/24/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

I think it needs considering that 85,000 is a reasonable number...when just considering COVID patients. How many people are in hospitals receiving other types of care not COVID related? I don't know, but I'd say that is what is stressing the system. And again, as stated earlier, it's not all about how many patients or beds are available...you need staff to work those available beds. That is where many hospitals are falling short. If a COVID patient is going to be hospitalized, it's likely they will be or are already on a ventilator. Even if they're not, respiratory therapy takes a certain type of care that not all areas have available to them.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 pm

lefty120 wrote:
tps wrote:

this x1000. 

I meant no disrespect. 
Fwiw imo blinders = political ideology, confirmation bias and the like. Also, I don't think anyone is lying about anything.
In today's hyper-politicized climate i would imagine some folks might have blinders on and don't even know it.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:

I think it needs considering that 85,000 is a reasonable number...when just considering COVID patients.  How many people are in hospitals receiving other types of care not COVID related?  I don't know, but I'd say that is what is stressing the system.  And again, as stated earlier, it's not all about how many patients or beds are available...you need staff to work those available beds.  That is where many hospitals are falling short.  If a COVID patient is going to be hospitalized, it's likely they will be or are already on a ventilator.  Even if they're not, respiratory therapy takes a certain type of care that not all areas have available to them.  
Weren't a lot of that staff laid off in the first round of this because the hospitals were so empty?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:37 pm

ramblinman wrote:
I know that you are talking about Pritzker, and I certainly agree that someone in a public position like that should lead by example in order to be effective, but I'm talking about you lumping all people who want to try to follow science into one nice neat bundle and then say they must be all in or else they are some kind of hypocrite.  You say you won't judge, but you won't judge only if you perceive them to be innocent according to your interpretation of right and wrong.

If you know I'm talking about Pritzker, why are you assuming that I'm saying all science followers are hypocritical?

I'm just tired not seeing people want everything shut down and schools closed to stop hopping on airplanes and taking vacations and going to Florida, Arizona, or any other place for that matter.

I'm just saying not to be a hypocrite and if you tell people to follow the science you should follow it yourself. I am not saying all science followers are or are not all in or non followers are all out all the time.

Looks like the goal posts just might be moving a bit closer.

CDC considering shortening coronavirus quarantine period

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-considers-shortening-coronavirus-quarantine-period

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:32 pm

dusty7 wrote:

If you know I'm talking about Pritzker, why are you assuming that I'm saying all science followers are hypocritical?

I knew you were referring to Pritzker because of the context.   But, I firmly believe you were also lumping people who want to follow science in with Pritzker.  

You said, "If someone wants to make the decision based upon the science and the data than they are free to do so and I won't judge.  But if you do decide to follow the science and the data, you should go All In and not pick and choose when you want to abide by the mitigation efforts."  You didn't say Pritzker wants to make the decision. You used the word "you."

You also said, "I'm just tired not seeing people want everything shut down and schools closed to stop hopping on airplanes and taking vacations and going to Florida, Arizona, or any other place for that matter."  People is the key word here.  Plural, not Pritzker.

You want science followers to be all in -- your words, not mine.  Don't take a socially distanced vacation if you claim to follow science.  Don't hop on a plane (even though air travel has so far proven to be pretty safe).  Stay in your basements.  You can't take any calculated risks if you are a science follower because if you do then you are being two faced.  Either that, or you perversely don't want science followers to enjoy any the freedoms that non-science followers have because that is somehow letting them have their cake and eat it too. That is what you are basically saying, and that is what I call a crock of crap.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:52 pm

dusty7 wrote:I'm just tired not seeing people want everything shut down and schools closed to stop hopping on airplanes and taking vacations and going to Florida, Arizona, or any other place for that matter.  
It was Hawaii thank you.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hawaii-conference-backlash-coronavirus-restrictions-california
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:14 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

I knew you were referring to Pritzker because of the context.   But, I firmly believe you were also lumping people who want to follow science in with Pritzker.  

You said, "If someone wants to make the decision based upon the science and the data than they are free to do so and I won't judge.  But if you do decide to follow the science and the data, you should go All In and not pick and choose when you want to abide by the mitigation efforts."  You didn't say Pritzker wants to make the decision.  You used the word "you."

You also said, "I'm just tired not seeing people want everything shut down and schools closed to stop hopping on airplanes and taking vacations and going to Florida, Arizona, or any other place for that matter."  People is the key word here.  Plural, not Pritzker.

You want science followers to be all in -- your words, not mine.  Don't take a socially distanced vacation if you claim to follow science.  Don't hop on a plane (even though air travel has so far proven to be pretty safe).  Stay in your basements.  You can't take any calculated risks if you are a science follower because if you do then you are being two faced.  Either that, or you perversely don't want science followers to enjoy any the freedoms that non-science followers have because that is somehow letting them have their cake and eat it too.  That is what you are basically saying, and that is what I call a crock of crap.

Thanks for the English lesson Ramblin and I know exactly what I said. By the way By the way, than should be THEN, key word should be KEYWORD, two faced should be TWO-FACED, and Either that, should be EITHER THAT. No comma is necessary.  

If you scoff at those who are taking the risks associated with COVID but suddenly change your mind to justify your actions, you are being hypocritical. For example, a co-worker of mine is vocally against staff eating lunch together because of the potential of COVID spread.  Today, he was bragging about how he was leaving work early to pick up his brother's family, who has traveled from Arizona which currently has the 2nd highest increase in cases in the past 24 hours, and how excited he was for Thanksgiving dinner.  

Actual air travel may be safe but this definitely violates social distancing and not considered safe.  

Coronavirus III - Page 20 New_ai10

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : uploading the picture)
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm

dusty7 wrote:

Thanks for the English lesson Ramblin and I know exactly what I said. By the way By the way, than should be THEN, key word should be KEYWORD, two faced should be TWO-FACED, and Either that, should be EITHER THAT. No comma is necessary.

Just one by the way is sufficient.  Repeating it isn't required.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Interesting Tweeter thread about Illinois cases today...

https://twitter.com/youyanggu/status/1331341646928207873

Douche
Douche

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:55 am

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20201123/after-dealing-with-covid-19-springfield-teachers-find-lsquoblessingsrsquo-in-life

i teach with romer. i used to teach with corrina, coached her husband in football and track and currently have their son in class.

my school district is completely remote. we've had in my building 9 exposures and 5 positive cases..........remote. i had been going in 4 days a week all year. only went in 2 days last week. none this week. thinking i'm going to go 2 days a week until semester break.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:59 am

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2020/11/covid-19-pandemic-kids-mental-health.html?__twitter_impression=true

And some people think that keeping kids locked out of school is just a minor inconvenience and helping exacerbate the problem. If this article doesn't make you sick than you have a problem These decisions are ruining the future for millions of kid and setting these kids back in development.

It's easy for us to make decisions based upon what is seen, positive tests, hospitalizations, and deaths, but very difficult to understand the impact on what is not seen. Call me a science and data denier if you want to but kids need to be able to be kids and have school, sports, and a social life and some of the current policies do nothing to help the youth.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next