Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 40 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 
man these dems are sharp...

Judging by the crowd at the “stop the steal” rally on January 6th, only about 15% of the trumpsters in attendance believe in wearing masks. The subset that looted the Capitol building was more like 5%.

California, strictest mitigation efforts and still cant control the virus. Vermont also not doing so well after Fauci praised them on their success in early December, they have not change mitigations. UK on lockdown and still having increases in deaths. Japan who was applauded for masking being the reason for a low number of cases, is now experiencing exponential growth of positive cases.

Pretty easy to understand that locking people in their houses is more detrimental to their health than going about life. Short time not contact results in a very low viral low, even more so with a mask. Lock people in a house, during winter time, little ventilation, and dry air makes a lot of sense.

May Cuomo, JB, and others are figuring out this isn't going away. Both have also botched the roll out of vaccines on their respective states and killed thousands in LTCs due to their actions (Cuomo) or inaction (JB).

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:17 am

Teetime wrote:The subset that looted the Capitol building was more like 5%.

"Looted" What a hoot. Pelosi's laptop and a lectern. It's not like they destroyed a hundred private businesses on their way to the capitol.....

I never like to generalize, but really, Trump-like people in the red states have, what? 300+ million guns? And ammo? What happened on Jan 6 was bad.. but it was not in any way an "insurrection" or "coup." When conservatives "coup," you'll recognize it.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

"Looted"   What a hoot.  Pelosi's laptop and a lectern.   It's not like they destroyed a hundred private businesses on their way to the capitol.....

I never like to generalize, but really, Trump-like people in the red states have, what? 300+ million guns?  And ammo?   What happened on Jan 6 was bad.. but it was not in any way an "insurrection" or "coup."  When conservatives "coup," you'll recognize it.....

agreed
i did not see any fires, buckets of urine, commercial fireworks, frozen water bottles et al. they may have been there but i didn't see them. i'm thankful (real) terrorists and warriors did not show up at the capitol on that day. if they had, there is a good chance that parts or most of that building would not be standing today. thankfully it was mostly blowhards (like trump) who had no real plan and no real intent. i still do not condone the actions of the people who broke the law that day.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:09 pm

dusty7 wrote:
California, strictest mitigation efforts and still cant control the virus. Vermont also not doing so well after Fauci praised them on their success in early December, they have not change mitigations. UK on lockdown and still having increases in deaths. Japan who was applauded for masking being the reason for a low number of cases, is now experiencing exponential growth of positive cases.

Pretty easy to understand that locking people in their houses is more detrimental to their health than going about life.  Short time not contact results in a very low viral low, even more so with a mask.  Lock people in a house, during winter time, little ventilation, and dry air makes a lot of sense.
We've been doing this for a year now and their best answer is STILL just to lock you up. Even though it obviously doesn't work. The virus has still spread, it's still killing people and they've moved their goal posts a million times about what the lockdown is supposed to be accomplishing.

This isn't about the pandemic anymore. If it ever was.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Pretty easy to understand that locking people in their houses is more detrimental to their health than going about life.  Short time not contact results in a very low viral low, even more so with a mask.  Lock people in a house, during winter time, little ventilation, and dry air makes a lot of sense.
We've been doing this for a year now and their best answer is STILL just to lock you up. Even though it obviously doesn't work. The virus has still spread, it's still killing people and they've moved their goal posts a million times about what the lockdown is supposed to be accomplishing.

This isn't about the pandemic anymore. If it ever was.

It's the same with the whole idea of extending shutdowns for an extra few weeks back in May with the belief the virus would've gone away if we just stuck with it for a few more weeks. Now some of the Blue states are realizing that you can't stay closed forever and are changing course and now saying we have to figure out how to live with the virus. Many places around the US have learned how to live with the virus. Regardless of what we do, I think it has been proven that the virus is here to stay and death is not 100% preventable no matter how many precautions, mitigations, etc., are in place.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 pm

dusty7 wrote:Regardless of what we do, I think it has been proven that the virus is here to stay and death is not 100% preventable no matter how many precautions, mitigations, etc., are in place.  
One of my favorite parts of this entire episode with the rona has been the boundless arrogance of man in thinking they can control or know more than nature and God.

We aren't in control of anything. Never have been.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

tps wrote:Andrew Cuomo- genius gov of NY - what a novel idea.
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

i'm gonna throw out a crazy prediction. NY will open on Jan 20 or Jan 21.

genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 

lightfoot - time to open
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/lightfoot-says-restaurants-should-reopen-quickly-possible

tps
Bee-otch

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 pm

tps wrote:
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 

lightfoot - time to open
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/lightfoot-says-restaurants-should-reopen-quickly-possible
Of course it is...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:

lightfoot - time to open
Of course it is...

A few days early isn't it?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:58 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:

lightfoot - time to open
Of course it is...

A few days early isn't it?
Well, by the time you apply pressure Thurs and Fri, and then the three day weekend for JB to get away to Wisconsin, and then a mid morning arrival by him Tuesday back to the capital in Chicago to make his announcement he's opening stuff back up the next day puts us at what date?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Next Friday.

In other news, just keep spending money we don't have and ever recover - Biden unveiling $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus plan, including $1,400 stimulus checks

fox32chicago.com/news/biden-unveiling-1-9-trillion-covid-19-relief-plan-including-1400-stimulus-payments

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:28 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Masks, I tell you!  masks!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349746886257893380

Do you wear a mask when out in public?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 am

lefty120 wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:Masks, I tell you!  masks!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349746886257893380

Do you wear a mask when out in public?

I carry a mask wherever I go.. which is basically nowhere. I live in the middle of a National Park (which is basically deserted in winter), in a closed gated community, in the mountains of East Tennessee. We currently have 180 cases in our county, maybe 30 deaths, all with severe co-morbidities . Our only real employer just published a full page help wanted ad in the weekly paper. Other than they locked us out of the bluegrass jam at the nursing home in February, life is pretty much normal here.

Mrs BW's best friend is an ER doc in PA. She spends a week every month here when she's off-shift. In PA, at work, she's totally N95'd and psuedo-hazmat. That's cuz she's in close contact for prolonged periods indoors with 100 people per shift. Here, she goes maskless.

Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:27 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:48 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:

"Looted"   What a hoot.  Pelosi's laptop and a lectern.   It's not like they destroyed a hundred private businesses on their way to the capitol.....

I never like to generalize, but really, Trump-like people in the red states have, what? 300+ million guns?  And ammo?   What happened on Jan 6 was bad.. but it was not in any way an "insurrection" or "coup."  When conservatives "coup," you'll recognize it.....

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/pro-trump-mob-caught-looting-items-during-capitol-siege/

Oh...you forgot the dead police officer.

We will recognize the conservatives coup, but it won't be for the reasons you think. Are you saying the cop killers in the Capitol building were conservatives and not Trumpinista?

-------

https://turk190.aforumfree.com/viewtopic.php?t=5729

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40