Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:40 am

Head Idiot wrote:Recent Macon County numbers-
Friday- 0 cases
Saturday- 86
Sunday- 20 cases
Monday- 20 cases
Tuesday- 58 cases

WTF?
Wednesday- 46 cases
Thursday-90

Meanwhile, at the prison- we're down to only 2 positive staff members and 14 inmates. Haven't had an inmate in about a week.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:07 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Recent Macon County numbers-
Friday- 0 cases
Saturday- 86
Sunday- 20 cases
Monday- 20 cases
Tuesday- 58 cases

WTF?
Wednesday- 46 cases
Thursday-90

Meanwhile, at the prison- we're down to only 2 positive staff members and 14 inmates. Haven't had an inmate in about a week.

Statewide, Illinois exceeded one million cases on Thursday.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:51 am

Moderna came out yesterday and said they believe their vaccine will have efficacy for 1-2 years...obviously time will tell for sure...but that's encouraging. Both companies also believe strongly that their vaccine's will work against this new variant that has emerged in the last few weeks.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 am

ramblinman wrote:

But to put that over 1 million cases in the correct context, we have conducted over 13 million tests.

Total Tests - 13,803,946
Total Cases - 1,008,045
Positivity - 7.3%

Hospitalizations are stable and not increasing.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:09 am

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

But to put that over 1 million cases in the correct context, we have conducted over 13 million tests.

Total Tests - 13,803,946
Total Cases - 1,008,045
Positivity - 7.3%

Hospitalizations are stable and not increasing.  

This is a serious situation; but these stats tell a story that says we can and should be doing more to live with this than we are. JMO.

lefty120
Bee-otch

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

lefty120 wrote:

This is a serious situation; but these stats tell a story that says we can and should be doing more to live with this than we are.  JMO.  

Absolutely we can but it is just too damn hard.  It's easier to just keep businesses closed and locked up than it is to figure out to do things safely. We've been told that the end game was a vaccine, we have it, but we are having one hell of a time distributing it.  We have proven treatments that are not being used because it's too difficult (https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/06/953946994/doctors-encouraged-by-antibody-treatments-for-covid-19).

We are going to have to figure out how to live with it and I would argue we have figured out how to live with it but some people refuse to accept that for whatever reason. Our hospitals have proven they can handle surges, schools have proven they can open safe, businesses have proven they can open safely, sports have proven they can be played safely. Of course, some people are going to get sick and die but we need to stop acting like all of these deaths were preventable.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:54 am

i heard a doctor on the radio this morning talking about a way to get a faster rollout of vaccines. instead of getting the booster 3-4 weeks after shot 1, get the booster 2-3 months after shot 1. this allows more time for additional manufacture/larger rollout. he said the moderna vacc is 80-90% effective after one dose. evidently data exists on this and the FDA would have to approve. do it.
another option was to halve the dose. not enough data exists on this approach.

he also said with covid, heard immunity happens when around 70% of the population has antibodies.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Here's the problem...there's no reason to mess with the dose size or the timing...we have plenty. The government, both Federal and States, have put in place such rigid restrictions on who can get it and when, there's no wiggle room. Just another example of us not being able to get out of our own way to make something happen; and it's generally political; Trump is an asshat who shouldn't be in charge of anything, and Democratic Governors are f'ing this up to try to make him look worse instead of just getting the thing done. I'm moving to Australia! Smile

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:18 pm

lefty120 wrote:Here's the problem...there's no reason to mess with the dose size or the timing...we have plenty.  The government, both Federal and States, have put in place such rigid restrictions on who can get it and when, there's no wiggle room.  Just another example of us not being able to get out of our own way to make something happen; and it's generally political; Trump is an asshat who shouldn't be in charge of anything, and Democratic Governors are f'ing this up to try to make him look worse instead of just getting the thing done.  I'm moving to Australia! Smile

Exactly. We got word today that we (teachers) will likely have the vaccine available to us later this month. Our police officers were called by on the hospitals in Joliet asking if they wanted it because the had additional doses. Teachers in some of the more rural counties such as Iroquois have already been vaccinated.

I saw a funny meme that said "Train all Amazon drivers to give the vaccine on their deliveries.  Everyone will be vaccinated by Friday, Wednesday if you have Prime." I know its a joke but people can say all they want about how difficult the logistics are, but are they? I ordered brewing ingredients (I'm a home brewer) from a supplier in Texas at 3pm yesterday, it will be delivered by 3pm today, and it was free.

It's just another example saying, "it's too difficult." Figure it out.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:16 pm

tps wrote:i heard a doctor on the radio this morning talking about a way to get a faster rollout of vaccines. instead of getting the booster 3-4 weeks after shot 1, get the booster 2-3 months after shot 1. this allows more time for additional manufacture/larger rollout. he said the moderna vacc is 80-90% effective after one dose. evidently data exists on this and the FDA would have to approve. do it.
another option was to halve the dose. not enough data exists on this approach.

he also said with covid, heard immunity happens when around 70% of the population has antibodies.

some of these comments make it sound like there is a shortage.
“With limited amounts of vaccine available at this time, it is important to prioritize individuals who are at greatest risk of exposure to COVID-19 and those at greatest risk of severe illness or death,” Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said in a statement.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/illinois-administers-over-200k-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-outside-chicago/2409335/

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Gov Reynolds in Iowa just released a statement saying she was lifting attendance restrictions on our sporting events.  Personally, I'm beyond thrilled we're still playing in Iowa but do hope we as a school decide to keep our restrictions in place.  Before she released this, two tickets per participant was the attendance guideline.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:50 pm

I call bullshit on that one...no, we can't just start sticking people anywhere and everywhere, but Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a guy I've come to trust in the information he puts out, said there have been 40 million doses sent out of the Pfizer vaccine in recent weeks; 5 million have been given. 35 million are sitting on a shelf or in a freezer somewhere...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:02 pm

i've also heard of a shortage of healthcare workers to give shots.
i remember in grade school standing in line in the gym with shirts sleeve rolled up getting a shot with a jet injector.  
my dad said they did the same in the military.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm

wolverine55 wrote:Gov Reynolds in Iowa just released a statement saying she was lifting attendance restrictions on our sporting events.  Personally, I'm beyond thrilled we're still playing in Iowa but do hope we as a school decide to keep our restrictions in place.  Before she released this, two tickets per participant was the attendance guideline.

Our AD said we are going to limit to 50% capacity...but our gym is a 1600 seat capacity and he says we haven't come close to 800 fans the last couple years under normal conditions...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:16 am

wolverine55 wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:Gov Reynolds in Iowa just released a statement saying she was lifting attendance restrictions on our sporting events.  Personally, I'm beyond thrilled we're still playing in Iowa but do hope we as a school decide to keep our restrictions in place.  Before she released this, two tickets per participant was the attendance guideline.

Our AD said we are going to limit to 50% capacity...but our gym is a 1600 seat capacity and he says we haven't come close to 800 fans the last couple years under normal conditions...

i'm sorry, but i had to giggle when i first read this.

is the cause bad fans or bad basketball?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:26 am

net wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:

i'm sorry, but i had to giggle when i first read this.

is the cause bad fans or bad basketball?

Honestly, a little bit of both but even when we have had good teams (the past two years plus a nice run from 2012-14) we don't draw well for whatever reason.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:01 pm

8.3% positivity for the past 7 days and lowest hospitalizations since Nov 1. No Thanksgiving or Christmas surge...in Illinois.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:05 pm

dusty7 wrote:8.3% positivity for the past 7 days and lowest hospitalizations since Nov 1. No Thanksgiving or Christmas surge...in Illinois.  

Experts missed it again.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Experts missed it again.

There are no "experts" with this thing....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:25 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Experts missed it again.

There are no "experts" with this thing....

You are correct. We have people who know more than others and we have blindly followed them and their every word, even when their words changed.

7.9% positivity rate
Hospitalizations continue to decrease

I may be wrong but the numbers are back to where we were in late October.

This is \"f\"ing disgraceful...he does this he should be recalled. He is responsible for the closing of these businesses. Just proves this fat ass doesn't care about the state. https://www.wcia.com/news/local-news/illinois-to-withhold-federal-tax-breaks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Just wait until Democratic owned businesses get first dibs to any bailout and they don't allow Republican owned businesses to get any relief.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:39 pm

dusty7 wrote:
This is \"f\"ing disgraceful...he does this he should be recalled.  He is responsible for the closing of these businesses.  Just proves this fat ass doesn't care about the state. https://www.wcia.com/news/local-news/illinois-to-withhold-federal-tax-breaks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Just wait until Democratic owned businesses get first dibs to any bailout and they don't allow Republican owned businesses to get any relief.  
Just saw this addition to your post.

The sad part is, this stupid ass state will still re-elect him. Not that the whole state is stupid, just that 104 of the counties don't matter when electing the governor. The other 4 are probably happier than pigs in shit with him.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Andrew Cuomo- genius gov of NY - what a novel idea.
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

i'm gonna throw out a crazy prediction. NY will open on Jan 20 or Jan 21.

genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 
man these dems are sharp...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:14 pm

tps wrote:i'm gonna throw out a crazy prediction. NY will open on Jan 20 or Jan 21.
If I ever said, or indicated that I thought this would "disappear after the election", this is along the lines of what I was referencing. The disease itself won't disappear, it's never going to disappear. What will disappear is the government and media driven panic.

Unless they can continue to use it to their political/economic advantages.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:i'm gonna throw out a crazy prediction. NY will open on Jan 20 or Jan 21.
If I ever said, or indicated that I thought this would "disappear after the election", this is along the lines of what I was referencing. The disease itself won't disappear, it's never going to disappear. What will disappear is the government and media driven panic.

Unless they can continue to use it to their political/economic advantages.

agreed

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 pm

tps wrote:genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 
man these dems are sharp...

Judging by the crowd at the “stop the steal” rally on January 6th, only about 15% of the trumpsters in attendance believe in wearing masks. The subset that looted the Capitol building was more like 5%.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next