Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II Empty Coronavirus II

Post by 19delta Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 pm

ramblinman wrote:Hope you are right and I am wrong.

How laughable. You absolutely hope I'm wrong and you are right.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus II Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 21, 2020 2:12 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Illinois is considering borrowing 4.5 billion from the Federal Reserve. They are hoping to be able to pay it back quickly if Congress will come thru with a Federal aid package soon. The actual budget gap for the coming fiscal year is between $6-7 billion. The unemployment rate for April was 16.4%.
The state hasn't even been closed down for 3 months yet and this is the damage we're looking at.
Can you imagine what we'd be looking at if we continue the shutdown thru the Summer? When you get down to it this is why even left leaning states like Illinois, NY and California are opening things up. They feel that they are going to have to roll with the possibility of another spike in casualties because we've got to let people get back to work again.
That, and I think JB is realizing he's going to have to win at least more than Cook Co to win re-election.

When Naperville turns against you, you probably start to take notice.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu May 21, 2020 3:04 pm

holy crap. we were wrong. he has been working really hard to keep his horses healthy. poor dude has it rough.

https://youtu.be/k5-vNvJapZQ
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 21, 2020 3:15 pm

19delta wrote:

If I am right, I will have the satisfaction of saying I told you so, but that will be a classic pyrrhic victory because we will all be in a shitload of trouble in ways that are far worse than what we are experiencing now. If you believe I hope for us to be in a shitload of trouble, then Dbl flip
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Illinois is considering borrowing 4.5 billion from the Federal Reserve. They are hoping to be able to pay it back quickly if Congress will come thru with a Federal aid package soon. The actual budget gap for the coming fiscal year is between $6-7 billion. The unemployment rate for April was 16.4%.
The state hasn't even been closed down for 3 months yet and this is the damage we're looking at.
Can you imagine what we'd be looking at if we continue the shutdown thru the Summer? When you get down to it this is why even left leaning states like Illinois, NY and California are opening things up. They feel that they are going to have to roll with the possibility of another spike in casualties because we've got to let people get back to work again.
That, and I think JB is realizing he's going to have to win at least more than Cook Co to win re-election.

Naperville historically leans Republican.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

If I am right, I will have the satisfaction of saying I told you so, but that will be a classic pyrrhic victory because we will all be in a shitload of trouble in ways that are far worse than what we are experiencing now.  If you believe I hope for us to be in a shitload of trouble, then Dbl flip

Define "shitload of trouble".
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 21, 2020 4:05 pm

2268 new cases and 87 deaths today. Both down from yesterday. We've had crappy weather for most of May. If we ever start getting some good Summer like weather we should see more significant drops in casualties.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 pm

With a new record in number of tests, I thought we would have the highest number of new cases, but at a quick glance, this doesn't even reach the top ten. 7.7% positivity rate.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 pm

dusty7 wrote:With a new record in number of tests, I thought we would have the highest number of new cases, but at a quick glance, this doesn't even reach the top ten.   7.7% positivity rate.  

Right! If I didn't know any better I'd say that we're moving in the right direction. Wink
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu May 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Jamestown Regional Medical Center received $120,000 worth of Corona Virus stimulus money.....

Coronavirus II Jrmc_s10

Too bad they closed over a year ago.  Gawd I love the federal government!

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 21, 2020 5:07 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Jamestown Regional Medical Center received $120,000 worth of Corona Virus stimulus money.....

Coronavirus II Jrmc_s10

Too bad they closed over a year ago.  Gawd I love the federal government!

#TopMen
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Well tonight for the first time experts are saying that it's not easy to contract the virus from surfaces. For all of you who have been wiping down those Amazon packages you probably don't have to. Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Naperville historically leans Republican.
The county they are in was the 2nd biggest county Pritzker won in his election in 2018. They also voted 55-33% for Hillary in 2016.

Historically a lot of places WERE Republican. Heck, the South used to be solid Democrat. Times change.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 21, 2020 6:56 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Well tonight for the first time experts are saying that it's not easy to contract the virus from surfaces. For all of you who have been wiping down those Amazon packages you probably don't have to. Smile
That REALLY makes the return to sports advice look really, really stupid.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

If I am right, I will have the satisfaction of saying I told you so, but that will be a classic pyrrhic victory because we will all be in a shitload of trouble in ways that are far worse than what we are experiencing now.  If you believe I hope for us to be in a shitload of trouble, then Dbl flip

getting caught with a pound of crystal meth and pretending you didn't know it was in your vehicle along with 2 used syringes and 4 used meth pipes. at least that's a central illinois' definition.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 21, 2020 8:01 pm

net wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

getting caught with a pound of crystal meth and pretending you didn't know it was in your vehicle along with 2 used syringes and 4 used meth pipes. at least that's a central illinois' definition.

That is the greatest thing I have read on the internet in months. +1 to you, sir!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Well tonight for the first time experts are saying that it's not easy to contract the virus from surfaces. For all of you who have been wiping down those Amazon packages you probably don't have to. Smile
That REALLY makes the return to sports advice look really, really stupid.

Yep, they've been shooting from the hip on more than a few things from the very beginning. Speaking of sports the OSU players have been told to be back on campus on June 8. Now whether or not there will be a full season remains to be seen as well as how many fans will be in the stands.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

I believe that in terms of school and sports, it's all or nothing.  You can't split days for school because of the number of issues it raises especially with daycare.
You split days in school, where do the other half of the kids go?  What if a parent who does not have daycare options, just drops their child off at school?  Can you deny them the opportunity to be at school?  There are way too man questions and obstacles to changing how a school functions.  

How are they supposed to pay for the extra bus drivers (which they can't find any as is), extra nurses, PPE, plexiglass for dividers?  All this for a population that has been largely unaffected by the virus.  

How about moving kids from room to room?  Letting kids use the bathroom?  There are lots of obstacles that schools will simply not be able to enforce.  We will either be in session or it will be just like it is now.

Schools can save their students/parents sign a waiver saying, "By entering the school, you are putting yourself at risk for getting viruses and infections."  

Sports will be virtually impossible to social distance?  How do you tell a crowd to social distance when players are right next to each other competing?  It just doesn't make any sense.  

It's either all or nothing, that is the bottom line. Will there be another peak? Quite possibly but I think we have proven that our Healthcare system can make the adjustment and be prepare for a peak. We could always spend another $5 million for a new hospital at McCormick Place.

At some point in time we will need to roll the dice.

Last edited by dusty7 on Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu May 21, 2020 10:10 pm

In the continuing Illinois and Wisconsin saga

5/21 Numbers: (Change Using 5/15 as a Base)
Illinois:
Total New Cases -2,268 (-164)
Total New Deaths - 82 (-48)
Positivity Rate - 2,268/29,307 - 7.74% (-1.41%)
New Infection Per Capita -2,268/12,500,000 - .018% (-.003%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 2,107 (-635)
1,088 of 3,687 ICU Beds In Use - 29.5% (-1.0%)
609 of 5,727 Vents in Use - 10.62% (-2.53%)

Wisconsin:
Total New Cases - 472 (+62)
Total New Deaths - 6 (-5)
Positivity Rate - 472/8,938 - 5.28% (-1.49%)
New Infection Per Capita - 472/5,822,200 - .00030
New Infection 7 Day Average - 373 (+74)
126 of 1,395 ICU Bed in Use - 9.03% (-1.01%)
308 of 1270 Vents in Use - 24.25% (-1.62%)

Well, once again, not a significant change other than a large decrease in the 7 day average for Illinois.  The curve my friends is flat.  All of the data for the past 6 days shows no major increases in total overall cases, % of death, or % of ICU and Vents in use.  I may be wrong, but little to no change means flat, and it has been this way for about 10 days now.  This may be the new normal until a vaccine.

Also, I have heard that the COVID-19 Tests actually test for all Coronavirus strains, which includes the common cold, and because we have the anti-bodies for the corona family of the common cold, it could result in a positive COVID-19 test. Is there any truth to this?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Since May 10th, Macon County has tested 645 people. There have been 26 positives. There have been 2 deaths.

We have 105-110k people.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 22, 2020 9:44 pm

We've had 26 deaths in Sangamon. 23 of those were from elderly folks that lived in The Villas nursing home. Our first death was from a lady who was visiting from Florida who was infected before she arrived here. That leaves us with 2 deaths. We have 190k people. We haven't had any block parties either and I doubt if they have had them in Macon county either.
Biden has apologized for his dumbass comment from earlier today. He's ahead but I wouldn't underestimate Trump's chances just yet.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 pm

On Wed Rep Darren Bailey was removed from the Illinois House for not having on a facemask. In this picture from Thursday 4 of the 7 Reps pictured are either not wearing a mask at all or improperly wearing them. Think it has anything to do with Bailey's lawsuit against Pritzker?
Coronavirus II 5ec73010
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 pm

2352 new cases for Saturday
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun May 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Just read they're delaying the new Bond movie because of the virus.

The college basketball players association has asked that March Madness be played without fans in the arena.

100,000 deaths worldwide in 5 months. No fear mongering here...

This was the 5th post in this thread. It was posted on March 4th.

Someone really UNDERESTIMATED how long it would take to reach 100,000 deaths. The fear mongering fool missed it by two months.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun May 24, 2020 5:39 pm

66 deaths and 2508 new cases for Illinois today. 2 deaths and 596 new cases in Georgia. 4 deaths and 740 new cases in Florida. Still haven't seen the predicted spike down there yet.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next