Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus IV

+19
4a(6afornet)north
Horsefeather
sammy hagar
19delta
mc140
ging
Ghengis Khan
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
net
general maximus
OSUBucks
ramblinman
dusty7
tm
tps
Head Idiot
BirdWatcher
23 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Coronavirus IV Empty Coronavirus IV

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:50 am

"souvenirs..." Meh.   I guess there were no Nikes or big screen LCDs in the capitol.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus IV Empty Re: Coronavirus IV

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Random thought I had yesterday during our CPR training that we spent some time talking about coronavirus in corrections-

The instructor was talking about how weird it is that the virus hits some people really, really hard and some people it barely makes a dent. I wondered to myself if anyone has looked into the possibility of the difference in effect it has on people having anything to do with people's exposure to animal populations that have coronaviruses themselves such as cattle. Where, you might still get COVID 19, but your level of illness will be less severe because you've been exposed to like the bovine coronavirus?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:51 pm

I can definitely see why my last post enraged someone to the point of hitting the red mark button...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:
tps wrote:Andrew Cuomo- genius gov of NY - what a novel idea.
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

i'm gonna throw out a crazy prediction. NY will open on Jan 20 or Jan 21.

genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 
man these dems are sharp...

lightfoot - time to open
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/lightfoot-says-restaurants-should-reopen-quickly-possible
Of course it is...

A few days early isn't it?
Well, by the time you apply pressure Thurs and Fri, and then the three day weekend for JB to get away to Wisconsin, and then a mid morning arrival by him Tuesday back to the capital in Chicago to make his announcement he's opening stuff back up the next day puts us at what date?

H.I., you omniscient sob, we inched a little closer today
http://dph.illinois.gov/news/regions-across-illinois-advance-tiers-state-launches-surge-staffing-program-support-hospitals

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm

However the politics works, I'll take it at this point. The "surge" stat hasn't made any sense to me anyway. My region (Cool had a stretch of 19 out of 20 days the total hospitalized decreased, but the surge stat stayed flat and actually got worse. It was the stat that was holding a lot of regions back. Now it's completely gone from the "metrics map". I'm sure the timing is a complete coincidence.

To keep it relevant to turk's, I'm not sure it helps get football back for a spring season, but definitely helps many of the other sports.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:17 pm

tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."

genius president elect. - when i take office we will wear masks for 100 days. he must have been in his basement while the rest of us were wearing masks since what, June? 

lightfoot - time to open
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/lightfoot-says-restaurants-should-reopen-quickly-possible
Of course it is...

Well, by the time you apply pressure Thurs and Fri, and then the three day weekend for JB to get away to Wisconsin, and then a mid morning arrival by him Tuesday back to the capital in Chicago to make his announcement he's opening stuff back up the next day puts us at what date?

http://dph.illinois.gov/news/regions-across-illinois-advance-tiers-state-launches-surge-staffing-program-support-hospitals
We jumped from Tier 3 to Tier 1 in one day today.

And thank you. Politicians are nothing if not predictable.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:

lightfoot - time to open
Of course it is...

WHO changing the definition of what a 'case' is. lol
https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05
https://freepress.ie/2021/01/pcr-tests-are-a-total-scam-world-health-organisation-finally-admits-it/
since we just rejoined the WHO, how long until we change as well...
CNN has removed the death count ticker from their broadcast.
DC is now allowing in person dining.

HI the Omniscient!

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:Wait, it's here to stay?  I thought it was going away.  I'm so confused!

I guess it wasn't the election but the inauguration that was the key to killing the virus.

The Peak was January 8 - 300,594 new cases with a 259,564 7-day average.
As of yesterday - 190,630 new cases with a 7-day average of 188,110

We are now seeing the sharpest decline since we started keeping data (with the exception of low testing due to Thanksgiving and Christmas).

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+covid+cases&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS861US861&oq=US+Covid+cases&aqs=chrome.0.0i433i457j0i395i433l3j69i64l3j69i61.2741j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 pm

tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:

lightfoot - time to open
Of course it is...

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05
https://freepress.ie/2021/01/pcr-tests-are-a-total-scam-world-health-organisation-finally-admits-it/

HI the Omniscient!

From July 6 through January 21, the U.S. was not a member of WHO.  So, the WHO announcing whatever the hell it was that they announced on January 20 means that whatever work that went on behind the scenes to refine their guidance with respect to testing and positive cases happened without any official U.S. input at all. To allude that this has anything to do with U.S. politics is ludicrous.

The DC mayor now allowing in person dining in restaurants (at 25% capacity, a point you conveniently failed to mention) is equally ludicrous if anyone thinks it has anything to do with having a new president.  First of all, the mayor of DC knew when she instituted the restaurant ban on indoor dining on DECEMBER 23 that we would be having a new president.  When she announced on January 12 that indoor dining restrictions would be relaxed on January 22, she knew that we would be having a new president.  

All you Trump lemmings and conspiracy theorists who think these restrictions were made for the sole purpose of getting Trump out of office need to wake the eff up.  Trump's fate was sealed in early November.  If the restrictions were put in place before November to get him out of office, then it stands to reason they should have been lifted after it was clear in early November that he lost, and yet they remained in place.  If you think that restrictions were put in place solely to get Trump out of office, then why were local governments (like DC, for example) instituting them AFTER the election results made it clear to anyone with half a brain that Trump lost? Good God, people. Use your heads.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Ramblin,

I am not a Trump lemming but don't you think it's a little precarious how cases across the US have dropped at a time we were told "it was going to be a very dark winter?" Or some of Illinois regions going back 2 phases in 1 day? Why JB had relaxed mitigations when numbers are similar to when the mitigations started?

To a lot of people it is blatantly obvious what is going on, at least here in Illinois. JB even stated today that things have changed since Biden took office. I would love to hear your explanation on why the sudden change in the past 72 hours.

Last edited by dusty7 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:43 pm

dusty7 wrote:I am not a Trump lemming but don't you think it's a little precarious how cases across the US have dropped at a time we were told "it was going to be a very dark winter?" Or some of Illinois regions going back 2 phases in 1 day?  Why JB had relaxed mitigations when numbers are similar to when the mitigations started?

To a lot of people it is blatantly obvious what is going on, at least here in Illinois. JB even stated today that things have changed since Biden took office.   I would love to hear your explanation on why the sudden change in the past 72 hours.  
Macon County has been holding steady at around a 7 day average of positives of 42 since the first week of December. We had open ICU beds the week before Christmas. We dropped from Tier 3 to Phase 4 in 3 days.

Nothing fishy about that at all...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:55 pm

In the prison we've been on quarantine since November. Prisoners aren't to leave their rooms except shower and use the phone. We got off that yesterday as it's been 14 days since a positive among inmates. They're already planning to open up the gym, the hair salon, school, etc. Most of those haven't been open since March.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 pm

dusty7 wrote:Ramblin,

I am not a Trump lemming but don't you think it's a little precarious how cases across the US have dropped at a time we were told "it was going to be a very dark winter?" Or some of Illinois regions going back 2 phases in 1 day?  Why JB had relaxed mitigations when numbers are similar to when the mitigations started?

To a lot of people it is blatantly obvious what is going on, at least here in Illinois. JB even stated today that things have changed since Biden took office.   I would love to hear your explanation on why the sudden change in the past 72 hours.  

I'm still hearing that it's going to be a very dark winter.    The new UK variant, which is still relatively new to this country, has ripped through Ireland like shit through a goose.  They were at roughly 1800 new cases a day on Jan 1.  One week later, they exceeded 8,200 cases in a single day!  Renowned American epidemiologist Michael Osterholm was quoted a week ago as saying, "We have got to start working now to make sure that our healthcare facilities are geared up for what could be a terrible-terrible-terrible increase in cases in 6-8 weeks."  Biden is saying the pandemic will get worse before it gets better and the death toll will likely top 500K next month.

I have no clue about Pritzker and why he is doing what he is doing.  But, I fail to see the connection you think is obvious between him relaxing restrictions and the fact that Biden took office.  What possible difference does that make when Biden taking office was a foregone conclusion for the past 2+ months?  There was no political upside to keeping restrictions in place post election if his goal behind the restrictions was to contribute to Trump's defeat.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:51 pm

ramblinman wrote:I'm still hearing that it's going to be a very dark winter.
Of course it is.

Just like opening schools was going to cause a spike. Just like Easter.. Just like Memorial Day. Just like the 4th of July. Just like Thanksgiving. Just like Christmas and New Years. Just like...

Gotta keep that fear train running.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus, wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Ramblin,

I am not a Trump lemming but don't you think it's a little precarious how cases across the US have dropped at a time we were told "it was going to be a very dark winter?" Or some of Illinois regions going back 2 phases in 1 day?  Why JB had relaxed mitigations when numbers are similar to when the mitigations started?

I'm still hearing that it's going to be a very dark winter.    The new UK variant, which is still relatively new to this country, has ripped through Ireland like shit through a goose.  They were at roughly 1800 new cases a day on Jan 1.  One week later, they exceeded 8,200 cases in a single day!  Renowned American epidemiologist Michael Osterholm was quoted a week ago as saying, "We have got to start working now to make sure that our healthcare facilities are geared up for what could be a terrible-terrible-terrible increase in cases in 6-8 weeks."  Biden is saying the pandemic will get worse before it gets better and the death toll will likely top 500K next month.

I have no clue about Pritzker and why he is doing what he is doing.  But, I fail to see the connection you think is obvious between him relaxing restrictions and the fact that Biden took office.  What possible difference does that make when Biden taking office was a foregone conclusion for the past 2+ months?  There was no political upside to keeping restrictions in place post election if his goal behind the restrictions was to contribute to Trump's defeat.

If the British variant is so bad, why are US states relaxing mitigations? What were the testing numbers on those days? Has the variant proven to be more deadly? Need to remember, this virus has a 99% survival rate so just having a positive case does not mean certain death

Seems like they would follow science and data and learn from the mistakes from the past. Obviously the new administration is not using those lessons from Trump and the CDCs mistakes from last February. Of the situation is so dire and an expert says in 6-8 week we will be in a bad spot, why are they not listening? Fauci said yesterday it looks like the virus is plateauing.

If you don't see the connection between Biden taking office and states relaxing mitigations then you may need to look a bit closer. Everything has changed in the last 72 hours and the numbers are no better than they were in the fall. Of course states could have done it earlier but that would create the perception they agreed with Trump, which wouldn't be good for anybody.

Even you have to admit it, the optics right now look political. 72 hours and everything changes. National numbers are dropping drastically, what is causing that? Why such a drastic change when it was supposed to be so bad?

NY and IL relaxing mitigations, Maryland opening schools but 72 hours ago it was doom and gloom but now it's time to open. Throughout this entire pandemic, nothing changed for the better so quickly.

Last edited by dusty7 on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:06 pm

The numbers are far more dire now than they were in June, July and August.

But, there's not an election to win now.

Last edited by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus, wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:32 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:

lightfoot - time to open
Of course it is...

HI the Omniscient!

From July 6 through January 21, the U.S. was not a member of WHO.  So, the WHO announcing whatever the hell it was that they announced on January 20 means that whatever work that went on behind the scenes to refine their guidance with respect to testing and positive cases happened without any official U.S. input at all. To allude that this has anything to do with U.S. politics is ludicrous.

The DC mayor now allowing in person dining in restaurants (at 25% capacity, a point you conveniently failed to mention) is equally ludicrous if anyone thinks it has anything to do with having a new president.  First of all, the mayor of DC knew when she instituted the restaurant ban on indoor dining on DECEMBER 23 that we would be having a new president.  When she announced on January 12 that indoor dining restrictions would be relaxed on January 22, she knew that we would be having a new president.  

All you Trump lemmings and conspiracy theorists who think these restrictions were made for the sole purpose of getting Trump out of office need to wake the eff up.  Trump's fate was sealed in early November.  If the restrictions were put in place before November to get him out of office, then it stands to reason they should have been lifted after it was clear in early November that he lost, and yet they remained in place.  If you think that restrictions were put in place solely to get Trump out of office, then why were local governments (like DC, for example) instituting them AFTER the election results made it clear to anyone with half a brain that Trump lost?  Good God, people.  Use your heads.

never said the US had influence over WHO. we recently rejoined the WHO. (prediction) the WHO will have influence over the US and our 'administration' will change the definition of a positive case. and the positive cases will drop like a rock and biden will be the hero.

there are many examples of dems moving (removing) the goal posts.
timing is everything. you are the lemming if you can't (refuse) see that.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:52 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
(The added populations of France, Germany, Spain and the UK is 263 million people. 90 million less than the US. Combined, they have 178,000 rona deaths with the US at 276k. The point being you can't compare the US to say, France in numbers. France has about the population of California and Texas combined)
For some reason, I thought of this post and wanted to see updated numbers for this situation. These 4 European countries with 90 million less people than the US have 275,000 COVID deaths compared to 414,000 in the US.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:02 pm

dusty7 wrote:If the British variant is so bad, why are US states relaxing mitigations?

Good question.  Perhaps because the variant is not prevalent here in the US...yet.  Michael Osterholm is certainly sounding the alarm.

dusty7 wrote:Has the variant proven to be more deadly?

No, just more virulent. See Ireland example where the daily new case number increased by  350% over the course of one week earlier this month.

dusty7 wrote:If you don't see the connection between Biden taking office and states relaxing mitigations then you may need to look a bit closer.  Everything has changed in the last 72 hours and the numbers are no better than they were in the fall.  Of course states could have done it earlier but that would create the perception they agreed with Trump, which wouldn't be good for anybody.

Last spring, the Illinois virus numbers were crazy small relative to the current situation, yet JB took us into lockdown mode.  We lifted the lockdown when the numbers were much higher than they were when JB instituted the lockdown.  Why lift them then?  Why didn't that create the perception then that he agreed with Trump?  Answer:  He lifted them because of pressure from anti lockdown people.  SAME THING IS HAPPENING NOW.  

dusty7 wrote:Even you have to admit it, the optics right now look political. 72 hours and everything changes.  National numbers are dropping drastically, what is causing that? Why such a drastic change when it was supposed to be so bad?

If the national numbers are dropping drastically, doesn't it stand to reason that restrictions should be lifted?  Or do you think that it's all some big conspiracy to game the numbers?  It DID get bad, and now it's getting better  Have you read reports about California?  If we know anything about this virus is that it flares up and cools down, and it has been doing this from DAY ONE.  It doesn't impact everyone everywhere to the exact same degree.

dusty7 wrote:Maryland opening schools but 72 hours ago it was doom and gloom but now it's time to open.

Maryland has a two term GOP governor.  I assume he is in on the big conspiracy too, huh?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:07 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The numbers are far more dire now than they were in June, July and August.

Illinois' numbers in June were far more dire than they were in March when the governor initially locked us down.  Why relax them then if his party had an election to win?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:56 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The numbers are far more dire now than they were in June, July and August.

Illinois' numbers in June were far more dire than they were in March when the governor initially locked us down.  Why relax them then if his party had an election to win?

So I assume you think JB is doing the wrong thing opening things up?

Who do you trust more, this Michael Osterholm guy you speak of or Fauci? One says get prepared the other says we are plateauing, who should we trust?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:10 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Last spring, the Illinois virus numbers were crazy small relative to the current situation, yet JB took us into lockdown mode.  We lifted the lockdown when the numbers were much higher than they were when JB instituted the lockdown.  Why lift them then?  Why didn't that create the perception then that he agreed with Trump?  Answer:  He lifted them because of pressure from anti lockdown people.  SAME THING IS HAPPENING NOW.

Ummm, the anti-lockdown people you speak of have been applying pressure since the start and they have not stopped. I do not think he buckled in June, I think he saw numbers were low and we could get some things opened up. This wasn't giving in to lock-downers, it was in hope of getting people back to work and getting the economy rolling again.

Our situation now is worse than in June and he changed his mind. Explain that one. The anti-lockdowners were very vocal in November when numbers were the same as now when he chose to lockdown and he didn't buckle then, so why buckle now? Explain that one.

You are saying he changed the metrics to appease the anti-lockdowners after 11 months, is that correct?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:19 am

looks like cali opening.
newsome didn't want to share the data..."too confusing" ha ha ha
https://krcrtv.com/news/local/key-california-covid-19-data-kept-hidden-to-not-cause-confusion

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:42 am

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

So I assume you think JB is doing the wrong thing opening things up?  

Possibly. Only time will tell if what he is doing is right or wrong. As I said last spring, I feel it is better from mitigation standpoint to keep restrictions in place and ride the curve downward for a while than to relax the restrictions too soon after the curve has begun to flatten.

dusty7 wrote:Who do you trust more, this  Michael Osterholm guy you speak of or Fauci? One says get prepared the other says we are plateauing, who should we trust?

I don't trust one any more than the other. Looks to me like you think they are sending mixed messages, but they aren't. Nationally, the numbers right now are SUPER high, although it looks like we are starting to plateau...at a super high level. Fauci, Osterholm, and the CDC are now saying that it is looking like initial data regarding death rates of those infected with the new variant in the UK are slightly higher. Osterholm is saying we need to be prepared for the new variant which is also far more contagious (see Ireland).

In case you aren't familiar with "this Michael Osterholm guy", here is a link outlining his creds: https://directory.sph.umn.edu/bio/sph-a-z/michael-osterholm

Last edited by ramblinman on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next