Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus IV

+19
4a(6afornet)north
Horsefeather
sammy hagar
19delta
mc140
ging
Ghengis Khan
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
net
general maximus
OSUBucks
ramblinman
dusty7
tm
tps
Head Idiot
BirdWatcher
23 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Coronavirus IV - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus IV

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:57 pm

tps wrote:it appears that the mandate is being judged (by an actual judge) to be unlawful

If so probably a Trump supporter.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:it appears that the mandate is being judged (by an actual judge) to be unlawful

If so probably a Trump supporter.

probably. I'm assuming that's why sleepy joe wanted the case moved to a DC circuit court. lets go bran-don

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:56 pm

The kind of nonsense being discussed by the judge’s supporters is music to the ears of the conspiracy theorists.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Gottlieb saying that variant focused vaccines may not be the way out of this mess. Sounds an awfully lot like the flu.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/584395-gottlieb-variant-specific-vaccines-might-not-work-against-other
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:Gottlieb saying that variant focused vaccines may not be the way out of this mess.  Sounds an awfully lot like the flu.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/584395-gottlieb-variant-specific-vaccines-might-not-work-against-other

It’s possible he’s right, we just don’t know enough about Omicron yet.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:Gottlieb saying that variant focused vaccines may not be the way out of this mess.  Sounds an awfully lot like the flu.

Nm
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:38 pm

History has shown each variant is less lethal but more transmissible. I don't see any reason why that trend won't continue. That is how viruses work. But some media outlets like to hit the panic button right away for clicks and likes.

Also, the HS they shut everything down backtracked and are playing in competitions as we speak.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:31 am

virginia hs went to all remote today. kids were present in school yesterday and announced the change to remote learning DURING school. next 5 school days are remote. 5 days to stem the outbreak currently there doesn't make sense. 10 days remote makes more sense to me.

meanwhile, my school had a shooting threat related to the stabbing at lanphier last week. we had 249 kids out of 500+ kids not come to school yesterday.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:52 am

net wrote:virginia hs went to all remote today. kids were present in school yesterday and announced the change to remote learning DURING school. next 5 school days are remote. 5 days to stem the outbreak currently there doesn't make sense. 10 days remote makes more sense to me.

meanwhile, my school had a shooting threat related to the stabbing at lanphier last week. we had 249 kids out of 500+ kids not come to school yesterday.

Wow, what a damn mess!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:08 pm

I absolutely do not understand the panic that is happening right now. Too many knee-jerk reactions to a variant that we have been dealing with for a long time. I believe everybody expected to see an increase when the weather got colder, especially in the colder states, just look at the south, less spread happening there at this time.

I think many are buying into the omicron panic even though all experts are saying at this time it is less severe than Delta. I know they keep saying they "don't know at this time" which just feeds the panic.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211207-omicron-variant-almost-certainly-not-more-severe-than-delta-fauci-tells-afp

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:57 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
net wrote:virginia hs went to all remote today. kids were present in school yesterday and announced the change to remote learning DURING school. next 5 school days are remote. 5 days to stem the outbreak currently there doesn't make sense. 10 days remote makes more sense to me.

Wow, what a damn mess!

which? or both?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm

dusty7 wrote:I absolutely do not understand the panic that is happening right now.  Too many knee-jerk reactions to a variant that we have been dealing with for a long time. I believe everybody expected to see an increase when the weather got colder, especially in the colder states, just look at the south, less spread happening there at this time.    

I think many are buying into the omicron panic even though all experts are saying at this time it is less severe than Delta. I know they keep saying they  "don't know at this time" which just feeds the panic.  

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211207-omicron-variant-almost-certainly-not-more-severe-than-delta-fauci-tells-afp

i don't think it's panic. it's high numbers of staff and students that are quarantined. i was told this by someone in the know, but i can't confirm it, that wearing masks properly or at all was not a high priority.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 pm

With all of the focus on COVID, we are forgetting about so many other issues in our country. The one that we should all be more worried about than COVID is the mental health of our youth. The actions and policies of adults (and this goes way beyond just COVID protocols) are literally killing our youth.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-07/surgeon-general-advisory-youth-mental-health-crisis-looms

Some Quotes that Stand Out To Me:
Symptoms of depression and anxiety have doubled during the pandemic, with 25% of youth experiencing depressive symptoms and 20% experiencing anxiety symptoms, according to Murthy’s 53-page advisory. There also appear to be increases in negative emotions or behaviors such as impulsivity and irritability — associated with conditions such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD.

“It would be a tragedy if we beat back one public health crisis only to allow another to grow in its place,” Murthy said in a preface to the advisory. “Mental health challenges in children, adolescents, and young adults are real, and they are widespread. But most importantly, they are treatable, and often preventable.”

In Regards to returning to school..,
“A lot of people still feel like, everything is virtual, like, they act as if we can’t see or hear what they say,” Jesus said. “A lot of students have been less motivated to come to school, you know, miss school more. I’m noticing a lot more students start to leave class and take long bathroom breaks.”

“I’ve learned from my own small children — they’re very sensitive to disagreement around them, whether their parents are arguing or other people are arguing.”
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:25 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Wow, what a damn mess!

which? or both?

Definitely both.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:31 pm

i took my 1st cousin to my 101yo aunt's funeral today. she's a retired teacher and a current school board member in virginia. she agreed with what i posted re: everything.

she told me, and i believe her, she ripped the super and admin a new one for being so lax on the wearing of the masks. she also asked how 5 days of remote learning will stem the tide of covid spreading. there is a lot of covid in virginia.......again.

the jax paper reported 191 kids/staff out in their district.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm

net wrote:i took my 1st cousin to my 101yo aunt's funeral today. she's a retired teacher and a current school board member in virginia. she agreed with what i posted re: everything.

she told me, and i believe her, she ripped the super and admin a new one for being so lax on the wearing of the masks. she also asked how 5 days of remote learning will stem the tide of covid spreading. there is a lot of covid in virginia.......again.

the jax paper reported 191 kids/staff out in their district.

Springfield hospitals are filling up again, near 80% I was told today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:34 pm

I don't know this for sure, but what is happening in Beardstown and Jacksonville and Springfield has little or nothing to do with the Omicron variant. It's just Covid-19 and the Delta variant reigniting when the original measures are not enforced and people are back indoors.

I don't give a shit if people are tired of it...distancing, washing hands and masks properly worn are still the order of the day.

Lets stay in school and keep businesses open, but do all of the other things to help keep ourselves safe.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Yes, 99.9% of Covid cases are currently Delta. Omicron is gradually spreading though. It doesn’t look like Omicron is going to be as deadly as Delta. I heard today that The booster shots should provide good protection against Omicron.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:16 pm

If I am hearing this correctly, these schools stopped following the measures/protocols to stop the spread?  For us, these procedures have become second nature and I believe my district has proven that you can stay open safely with 100% attendance for 100% of the 180 days.  To stop the protocols when there is an increase in the spread is idiotic.

I'll be honest, when the spread wasn't running rampant, people may have eased up a bit on the distancing, mask enforcement, etc., but as soon as we see a rise we get multiple e-mails from multiple levels of administration reminding us to step up the enforcement.  And we have and even at this point, the number of kids we have out due to COVID positive tests is small in relation to surrounding districts. But we have lots of remote learners due to cases within families.  

With Delta the push was for people to get the vaccine, now with Omicron the push is for people to get their booster.  I fully expect in June/July, another variant will present itself and people will be asked to get another booster.  Repeat this process until the end of 2022, and we might see the end of this.  Gottlieb said yesterday that Omicron might push the transition from pandemic to endemic back a little but he sees 2022 as a transition year.

Already talk of a 4th booster...https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/08/omicron-pfizer-ceo-says-we-may-need-fourth-covid-vaccine-doses-sooner-than-expected.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 pm

Biden's Vaccine mandate for private businesses of 100+ employees shot down by the Senate. I know all of you will probably disagree with this move but this was a definitive example of the Federal Government overstepping the boundaries on private businesses. My view is that unless you receive government funding, the government should not legislate how you conduct business.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/senate-republican-push-block-bidens-vaccine-mandate-secures-democratic-support-2021-12-08/

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by sammy hagar Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Jacksonville has not reduced any restrictions. contact tracing has most of the kids out. My niece and nephew were both quarantined because of a case at a local daycare after school program. My niece became positive. Runny nose and congestion. We all got tested and were negative. Cancelled thanksgiving because of it. But, that one kid got 20 plus kids quarantine. If kids were vaccinated they wouldn't be out in most cases. I got my booster two days ago and it had me down for the count the entire next day.

Don't forget this is the time of the year most hospitals are full because of the flu, and people getting surgeries done before the end of the year and deductibles are met.

sammy hagar
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:08 pm

sammy hagar wrote:Jacksonville has not reduced any restrictions. contact tracing has most of the kids out.  My niece and nephew were both quarantined because of a case at a local daycare after school program. My niece became positive. Runny nose and congestion. We all got tested and were negative. Cancelled thanksgiving because of it. But, that one kid got 20 plus kids quarantine. If kids were vaccinated they wouldn't be out in most cases. I got my booster two days ago and it had me down for the count the entire next day.

Don't forget this is the time of the year most hospitals are full because of the flu, and people getting surgeries done before the end of the year and deductibles are met.

All very good points.

Are they not doing the "test to stay" program? I thought most schools in Illinois adopted this practice.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by sammy hagar Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Not as of yet. County Health Department runs the show.

sammy hagar
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Our numbers are on the rise up here in Grundy County. Our 80 bed hospital had 37 beds with COVID cases as of last weekend.

It will be interesting to see what the last couple weeks of the semester look like here.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:Biden's Vaccine mandate for private businesses of 100+ employees shot down by the Senate.  I know all of you will probably disagree with this move but this was a definitive example of the Federal Government overstepping the boundaries on private businesses.  My view is that unless you receive government funding, the government should not legislate how you conduct business.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/senate-republican-push-block-bidens-vaccine-mandate-secures-democratic-support-2021-12-08/

I think at this point most unvaccinated people aren’t going to change their minds and get vaccinated regardless of what the government does. Many of them don’t even know the facts on Covid but do believe some of the right wing conspiracy theories out there. The fact that unvaccinated folks are 11 times more likely to die from Covid than vaccinated people is enough to make me get the vaccine. If I told an unvaccinated person why they should get the vaccine most of them wouldn’t believe me anyway. I guess at this point I don’t have an issue with the Senate vote. I guess it should fall on state governments to issue the mandates anyway.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next