Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by lefty120 Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:26 am

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
As stated earlier, you don't have to dig to deep to find many medical experts, of which have no political horse in any race, that said our flu season could potentially be drastically reduced due to the mitigations from COVID-19.  The southern hemisphere saw a massive reduction in flu cases this past summer.  I'm not saying I agree with some of the said mitigations, but having people less likely to move around and when they do wearing masks has something to do with it.  It will be interesting to see our numbers in the spring regarding flu.  Of course, we are just starting that season in our hemisphere.  
You also can't have the flu irradiated by these measures, but then turn around and say COVID isn't being controlled because people won't follow the measures.

I'm not going to try to explain this outside my bounds, which I'll admit is very limited, but COVID-19 is fairly proven to be more contagious than the normal influenza virus. The way the protein? is made up makes it able to sustain itself much longer outside the human body. I agree though, if you're irradiating the flu, why can't we at least get a hold on this virus. I think the whole thing is perplexing and honestly, I'm still fairly convinced even the medical experts, regardless of what they're saying, aren't real sure yet it's so new.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:57 am

dusty7 wrote:This is just terrible.  Ruining the lives and the future of children.  Just a necessary cost I guess.  We just have no clue how schools can open, sports can be played, or kids can participate in activities. Anybody have Any ideas?

https://newschannel20.com/news/local/hospitals-see-high-rates-of-mental-illness-in-children-during-pandemic

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/politics/eviction-risk-protections-expiring/index.html

This is terrible as well.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Just another example of why Congress is a mess right now. I'm not smart enough to know the economics of the situation, and I'm certainly not in the crowd that believes in government hand outs...but many of these folks have lost their jobs due to their place of employment being shut down or hurting due to COVID mitigation's put in place by both Republican and Democratic leadership...and now Congress is unwilling to do anything at all to further help. Listen, my wife and I are lucky...we've continued to be paid for our jobs throughout this...I do not need another stimulus check. But neither do the many corporations who got money the first round. How can it be so hard for Republicans and Democrats in Congress to put something together for the small business's and the people they employ to help them out. Obviously, it's for many of the reasons already stated...they're ALL self serving pieces of shit who talk the talk but rarely walk the walk for the average every day citizen.

lefty120
Bee-otch

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Really? After the example Trump has set on masking, you think this proves some point? Biden is nearly always masked unless other mitigations are present.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:39 pm

dusty7 wrote:This is just terrible.  Ruining the lives and the future of children.  Just a necessary cost I guess.  We just have no clue how schools can open, sports can be played, or kids can participate in activities. Anybody have Any ideas?

https://newschannel20.com/news/local/hospitals-see-high-rates-of-mental-illness-in-children-during-pandemic

I don't have little ones around any more so I have no first-hand experience with this, but is it possible that kids are less mentally sound because they are around their parents more during COVID and those parents spend the whole day bitching and moaning about COVID and their lot in life?

I'm not sure what you mean about not "not having a clue how to open schools and play sports"...isn't that up to your local school board? I always thought if parents raised enough voices with school boards they were pretty responsive.

Admin

ramblinman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Teetime wrote:

Really? After the example Trump has set on masking, you think this proves some point? Biden is nearly always masked unless other mitigations are present.

Yes really. Except when he pulls down his mask, coughs in his hand and pulls up the mask. Trigger the furious google search of trump and supporters coughing without a mask.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:46 pm

lefty120 wrote:Just another example of why Congress is a mess right now.  I'm not smart enough to know the economics of the situation, and I'm certainly not in the crowd that believes in government hand outs...but many of these folks have lost their jobs due to their place of employment being shut down or hurting due to COVID mitigation's put in place by both Republican and Democratic leadership...and now Congress is unwilling to do anything at all to further help.  Listen, my wife and I are lucky...we've continued to be paid for our jobs throughout this...I do not need another stimulus check.  But neither do the many corporations who got money the first round.  How can it be so hard for Republicans and Democrats in Congress to put something together for the small business's and the people they employ to help them out. Obviously, it's for many of the reasons already stated...they're ALL self serving pieces of shit who talk the talk but rarely walk the walk for the average every day citizen.  

I think the bipartisan committee that was working on a compromise had an agreement on a relief bill.

It didn't include the tort reform that Mitch McConnell wanted so he nixed it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Teetime wrote:

I don't have little ones around any more so I have no first-hand experience with this, but is it possible that kids are less mentally sound because they are around their parents more during COVID and those parents spend the whole day bitching and moaning about COVID and their lot in life?

I'm not sure what you mean about not "not having a clue how to open schools and play sports"...isn't that up to your local school board? I always thought if parents raised enough voices with school boards they were pretty responsive.

Kids are not dumb. They see kids in wisc, ind, iowa playing sports and other activities and illinois is not.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:04 pm

tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Kids are not dumb. They see kids in wisc, ind, iowa playing sports and other activities and illinois is not.

Kids weren't dumb when I had them around, I wasn't assuming they were now.

Being in school is a school district issue in Illinois. "Take that up with the school board" was my suggestion. Did you have a suggestion?

Are you saying that there is a glut of kids needing medical care for their mental health because that can't play sports but the kids in Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana can? If so, I'm thinking that is a little far fetched.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:10 pm

tps wrote:Yes really. Except when he pulls down his mask, coughs in his hand and pulls up the mask. Trigger the furious google search of trump and supporters coughing without a mask.

I don't think anyone really needs to Google that. Just turn on a TV.

I'm nearer to Biden's age than yours and I'm hesitant to cough into my mask. I'm afraid I'll cough up a loogie and have to find a clean mask somewhere.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:15 pm

lefty120 wrote:Just another example of why Congress is a mess right now.  I'm not smart enough to know the economics of the situation, and I'm certainly not in the crowd that believes in government hand outs...but many of these folks have lost their jobs due to their place of employment being shut down or hurting due to COVID mitigation's put in place by both Republican and Democratic leadership...and now Congress is unwilling to do anything at all to further help.  Listen, my wife and I are lucky...we've continued to be paid for our jobs throughout this...I do not need another stimulus check.  But neither do the many corporations who got money the first round.  How can it be so hard for Republicans and Democrats in Congress to put something together for the small business's and the people they employ to help them out. Obviously, it's for many of the reasons already stated...they're ALL self serving pieces of shit who talk the talk but rarely walk the walk for the average every day citizen.  

agree. its all bullshit politics. i guess we should just be numb to it by now
this isn't a new idea but what happens if that 900 billion +/- went directly to the taxpayer?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-coronavirus-relief-new-president

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Being in school is a school district issue in Illinois. "Take that up with the school board" was my suggestion. Did you have a suggestion?

Are you saying that there is a glut of kids needing medical care for their mental health because that can't play sports but the kids in Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana can? If so, I'm thinking that is a little far fetched.

they see what happens a few miles away over the boarders. its hard for them to process, mentally. that might make them "less mentally sound"

i did not mention not being in school - why change the subject?. i said not being able to participate in sports and other activities.  you said you don't have little ones. maybe you are out of touch with this situation.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 pm

tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:

they see what happens a few miles away over the boarders. its hard for them to process, mentally. that might make them "less mentally sound"

i did not mention not being in school - why change the subject?. i said not being able to participate in sports and other activities.  you said you don't have little ones. maybe you are out of touch with this situation.

Dusty mentioned not being in school and he started this conversation. It’s all right there in your post. I wasn’t changing the subject.

Yeah, it’s that part about kids seeing the Iowans playing sports and it drives them into mental health facilities that I’m not buying. Since I’m too old I’ll not opine on that again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Teetime wrote:

I was being sarcastic as we have been in school for 17 weeks and are now down to 0 positive cases throughout the entire district. Sports are being played around the nation.  

I really do not think its the kids parents moaning and groaning about COVID and their lot in life is making the kids less mentally sound. I think that is a very boomer type suggestion as to why these kids are experiencing the mental issues and is an illustration at how out of touch the older generation is with the younger generation. Just think back when you were a kid if you were not allowed to go to school or participate in sports or other activities for over an entire year? How would you keep busy? How would you develop healthy social skills? How would you learn coping skills? What do you think your mental state would be? Also you need to account for the fact that many of their kids do not have caring parents or family's and are going through all of this turmoil by themselves.

And COVID is not the only issue causing kids to experience the mental issues and what kids face in today's world if vastly different yours and mine.  Kids are helpless in this situation and the decision-makers are doing very little to look at the impact their decisions have on the younger generation

As I asked before and did not receive any answers, exactly how as this pandemic impacted you negatively? What have you lost that you will never get back from this pandemic? Kids and the lower class (as ramblin posted with the evictions) have had to deal with things that those of us who are lucky to provide for ourselves have not experienced.

Last edited by dusty7 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm

ramblinman wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/politics/eviction-risk-protections-expiring/index.html

You are correct this is terrible. As I have said, is the cost of stopping the spread worth the benefit?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:59 pm

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You are correct this is terrible.  As I have said, is the cost of stopping the spread worth the benefit?

The guy in this article is from Florida. They really aren't doing much there in the way of restrictions to stop the spread.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:56 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You are correct this is terrible.  As I have said, is the cost of stopping the spread worth the benefit?

The guy in this article is from Florida.  They really aren't doing much there in the way of restrictions to stop the spread.

This is a nationwide issue not just a Florida issue hence the article stating "With the pandemic as a backdrop, more than 14 million American households are currently at risk of eviction and have an estimated $25 billion in rental debt."

They may not be doing much now but they did at one point and this is an effect of what was done back in March and April.  The economy is so intertwined that a shutdown in one state affects economic activity in other states.  The supply chain is still recovering from March and April and the trickle-down effect is seen especially among the lower class.  Agriculture bin Florida has been hit very hard and the workers who make that money are not spending that money which stimulates the economy.  

https://globalagriculturalproductivity.org/florida-agriculture-faces-the-economic-impact-of-covid-19/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Open illinois. We have a vaccine and widespread testing.
https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/restore-illinois-phase-5

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:25 pm

tps wrote:Open illinois. We have a vaccine and widespread testing.

Testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state. ✓

Either a vaccine is developed ✓

Or a treatment option is readily available ✓

health care capacity is no longer a concern - each day looks to be improving

there are no new cases over a sustained period - this is an impossible goal as the virus is never going to go away

So at 3/5 and some would argue 4/5 but still waiting on the Thanksgiving surge which I guess is inevitable even if it's not until New Years Day.

Regardless of these goals, JB will change them or choose to only release the data that supports his cause which is making money off testing and getting a bailout.

This disease is not ever going to go away and until people are comfortable with understanding we have a new disease to live with things will not get back to normal. People will die from COVID today and people will die from it 20 years from now.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:19 pm

dusty7 wrote:
tps wrote:Open illinois. We have a vaccine and widespread testing.

Testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state. ✓

Either a vaccine is developed ✓

Or a treatment option is readily available ✓

health care capacity is no longer a concern - each day looks to be improving

there are no new cases over a sustained period - this is an impossible goal as the virus is never going to go away

So at 3/5 and some would argue 4/5 but still waiting on the Thanksgiving surge which I guess is inevitable even if it's not until New Years Day.

Regardless of these goals, JB will change them or choose to only release the data that supports his cause which is making money off testing and getting a bailout.

This disease is not ever going to go away and until people are comfortable with understanding we have a new disease to live with things will not get back to normal. People will die from COVID today and people will die from it 20 years from now.

Positivity numbers improving. 7 day average best since early November.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:14 pm

I think the Fall spike peaked around November 13 when the positivity rate was over 14%. Now we're at 8.7%. Of course some would argue that mitigation efforts have worked and are responsible for the decline in positive tests. There's been a big economic cost from the mitigation though. It's just terrible the number of folks who have been put out of work by the orders of their Government as well as the businesses that have closed. Sometime in 2021 all of our taxes are going up in an effort to dig ourselves out of this.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:51 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I think the Fall spike peaked around November 13 when the positivity rate was over 14%. Now we're at 8.7%. Of course some would argue that mitigation efforts have worked and are responsible for the decline in positive tests. There's been a big economic cost from the mitigation though. It's just terrible the number of folks who have been put out of work by the orders of their Government as well as the businesses that have closed. Sometime in 2021 all of our taxes are going up in an effort to dig ourselves out of this.

Still waiting on that surge, been 18 days and numbers still dropping across the board here in Illinois. Got about 48-72 hours to wait left to go according to some and another 4 weeks according to our Governor until the suge happens.

https://wirepoints.org/why-no-post-thanksgiving-covid-19-surge-wirepoints-quicktake/

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:20 am

Another night, another COVID ward. Last Monday it was the COVID wing of DMH, Friday night was the COVID wing of Carle in Urbana and last night was the ICU at DMH. Makes 3 of the last 4 nights I've worked I've been in hospitals (off Tuesdays and Wednesdays and took off Saturday and Sunday for the meet).

It's almost like they're trying to give it to me...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:59 pm

tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:Does anyone know the cycle threshold illinois uses for their tests? Fauci says if over 35 cycles test is not accurate

I don't know.

Is there a difference from state to state in that sort of thing?

I'm guessing that the Biden camp thought that the 100 days was a good number to get us past the most of the winter season and well into the vaccine season.

I'll bet when the 100 day are up, we get asked for "just one more sacrifice...sixty more days".

Some states publish it, but as dusty alluded to, it is not real easy to find. what is the reason for all the secrecy? what is the logic behind hiding information? what is the goal of doing that? i think the only answer to that involves some shady actions. whether money, or power, or other 'deep state conspiracy theory shit'...it's not in the best interest of 'the people'
BUT that test result is what we use to scare the shit out of people.  emergency! spiking! surging! 400% increase! blah blah. that is where it starts - a positive (maybe) test result. i am probably to cynical but one thing for sure, i do not trust our government. shame on me.

more info on covid PCR Ct and relationship with dates and deaths.  I think this is in Rhode island.

the one chart shows that as testing moved into May the Ct value went up. almost as if the testing organization wanted (needed?) more positive covid tests. why would they want MORE positives? what benefit would more positives serve? why increase the Ct count? what would happen if the positive covid count actually decreased?  hmmmm.
As the Ct went up, the deaths decreased...almost as if the people being tested as positive (with a high Ct) weren't really sick?
shame on TPS for being cynical.
https://twitter.com/TTBikeFit/status/1338698633336774657

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Haven't the deaths (as a percentage of cases and as a percentage of hospitalizations) decreased everywhere as the pandemic has gone from March to December?

There was some thought that it was evolving into a less deadly strain, or that the medical community was learning more and more about the best treatment game plan (ie less reliance on ventilators). I think the same has happened in other countries that were not having an election.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy?

What the hell is a cycle threshold?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next