Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 19 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:33 pm

724 new cases and 21 deaths for Illinois today. Positivity rate is now 2.6% Very good numbers.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:53 pm

828 new cases today, 33,090 tests in last 24 hours, positivity rate holding at 2.6%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:41 pm

So I heard some speculation that we are now seeing the start of the big wave. 40,000 new cases yesterday, maybe growing to 100,000 per day as we grind our way toward herd immunity.

Anyone want to comment on that? I'm assuming that's OK with most here?

There won't be any recognition of State boundary lines if we reach that stage, I'm assuming?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Dr Fauci said yesterday that he fears that we could hit 100,000 new cases per day. Arizona positivity rate is 22% worst in the country. Florida is 16% and Texas 14%. Those 3 states as well as heavily populated California with 6% positivity are fueling a big part of National increase in new cases. Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia all have positivity rates around 13%. Despite all these new cases we're not seeing the 1000+ deaths everyday like we were earlier in the Pandemic though we did see over 700 US deaths yesterday.
Illinois went to Phase 4 last Friday. If we see a spike from that we probably won't see it until next week. There are rumblings in state government that if we see a spike soon some regions may return to Phase 3.
Pfizer today announced positive results in vaccine trials and said they think they can have 100 million vaccines ready by the end of the year.
The US just hasn't been as disciplined in controlling the Pandemic as many other countries and our number of COVID19 patients speak to that. Many young people are going out to bars and concerts and other social gatherings now. The millions of people out in the streets protesting definitely has contributed to the spike too. They have every right to protest but given that it occurred during a Pandemic was really bad timing.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Teetime wrote:So I heard some speculation that we are now seeing the start of the big wave. 40,000 new cases yesterday, maybe growing to 100,000 per day as we grind our way toward herd immunity.

There won't be any recognition of State boundary lines if we reach that stage, I'm assuming?  
Yep
Me wrote: There's only 2 ways out of this- vaccine or herd immunity. Option 1 is going to take months if not years. Option 2 is going to require people to get it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 pm

OSUBucks wrote:828 new cases today, 33,090 tests in last 24 hours, positivity rate holding at 2.6%.
Macon County had 2 new cases today.

Look out.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Teetime wrote:So I heard some speculation that we are now seeing the start of the big wave. 40,000 new cases yesterday, maybe growing to 100,000 per day as we grind our way toward herd immunity.

Just two comments.

1. Deaths are declining. That is important to keep in mind.

2. If you are going to go out, wear your damn mask!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging and center like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:25 pm

I think the medical professionals have figured some things out in the treatment of the worst cases and found a drug that has successfully aided in that effort. From here on out fewer deaths when compared to hospitalizations in my opinion.

The absolute number of deaths is surely going to increase as all of these cases linger on. Deaths are a trailing statistic, but fewer deaths per hospitalization going forward.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:44 am

Teetime wrote:I think the medical professionals have figured some things out in the treatment of the worst cases and found a drug that has successfully aided in that effort. From here on out fewer deaths when compared to hospitalizations in my opinion.

The absolute number of deaths is surely going to increase as all of these cases linger on. Deaths are a trailing statistic, but fewer deaths per hospitalization going forward.

Remdesivir is the only antiviral drug that has been cleared to treat COVID19 patients. It is safe and fairly effective in reducing recovery time of patients. It is in limited supply and is much less effective when treating patients who require mechanical ventilation as part of their treatment. I have doubts that it would account for the decrease in fatality rate we are seeing with the recent explosion in infections in Southern states. There's another idea out there. Scientists have discovered that the virus has mutated fairly recently and perhaps it isn't quite as lethal in its present form as it was a few months ago.
Honestly I don't think the virus ever had a high mortality rate. I am confident in saying that at least 35 million Americans are already infected. Both Dr Fauci and the head of the CDC think that too. Dr Fauci thinks the real fatality rate is way below 0.5%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:02 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:I think the medical professionals have figured some things out in the treatment of the worst cases and found a drug that has successfully aided in that effort. From here on out fewer deaths when compared to hospitalizations in my opinion.

Remdesivir is the only antiviral drug that has been cleared to treat COVID19 patients. It is safe and fairly effective in reducing recovery time of patients. It is in limited supply and is much less effective when treating patients who require mechanical ventilation as part of their treatment. I have doubts that it would account for the decrease in fatality rate we are seeing with the recent explosion in infections in Southern states. There's another idea out there. Scientists have discovered that the virus has mutated fairly recently and perhaps it isn't quite as lethal in its present form as it was a few months ago.
Honestly I don't think the virus ever had a high mortality rate. I am confident in saying that at least 35 million Americans are already infected. Both Dr Fauci and the head of the CDC think that too. Dr Fauci thinks the real fatality rate is way below 0.5%.

The CDC is floating .26%.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 am

19delta wrote:

Just two comments.

1. Deaths are declining. That is important to keep in mind.

2. If you are going to go out, wear your damn mask!

3. positivity rate in IL continues to hover around 2.5%.  i don't know much, but i think that's a good number

(btw, my family and i have 3 more days of quarantine.  none of us have had any symptoms since being in contact with someone who tested positive.  THAT person has not had any symptoms either)
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 am

Remember when we were told that lock downs were just to prevent hospitals from being overrun?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:09 am

Head Idiot wrote:Remember when we were told that lock downs were just to prevent hospitals from being overrun?

Yes. That was correct.

The President was on board.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:16 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Remember when we were told that lock downs were just to prevent hospitals from being overrun?

Yes. That was correct.

Then, why the hair pulling now about it? We're well past that point, yet, we're still supposed to suspend life?

There are currently 3 people in the hospital in Macon Co with any coronavirus related problems.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Yes. That was correct.

Then, why the hair pulling now about it? We're well past that point, yet, we're still supposed to suspend life?

There are currently 3 people in the hospital in Macon Co with any coronavirus related problems.

Yes, we are way past that point in our state because of restrictions that have been substantially eliminated/relaxed. But you think we are still suspending life? In phaseeffing4?Rolling Eyes
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Then, why the hair pulling now about it? We're well past that point, yet, we're still supposed to suspend life?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not doing any hair pulling.

If your point is that the goal posts were moved, I agree.

If we are going to rush toward herd immunity, the Macon County hospitals will fill up sometime before we reach that point.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 pm

869 new cases and 30,262 tests in last 24 hours, positivity holding at 2.6%. The state hit a low of 1464 COVID hospital patients on June 27. Today it is 1651. Something to keep an eye on.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:869 new cases and 30,262 tests in last 24 hours, positivity holding at 2.6%. The state hit a low of 1464 COVID hospital patients on June 27. Today it is 1651. Something to keep an eye on.

cass county 6 deaths in 5 days. i think i heard 4 new cases yesterday.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

wolverine55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:18 pm

there's nothing like presenting scientific facts to stoke fear among the masses.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:46 pm

ging wrote:

there's nothing like presenting scientific facts to stoke fear among the masses.
1941- The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

2020- The only thing we have to fear, is could.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 pm

868 new cases, 34,318 tests and 18 deaths for Illinois today. Positivity rate holding at 2.6%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:42 pm

I forgot to mention in my earlier post but I went to Scheels today and ordered a new bow. There was a pretty decent crowd there. I'd say it was about 60/40 in favor of people wearing masks. I was a little surprised that there weren't more people wearing masks but not shocked. There are more ignorant folks out there than one might think.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

So the ignorant ones were the ones without masks?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next