Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm

net wrote:baby steps. we still can't coach, but this is a start.

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/board/2019-20/Stage%201%20RTP.pdf

It is a start but you can't have a spotter even if both participants are wearing a mask. We can still go to a protest march though. Rolling Eyes
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:57 pm

So, the weight room limit is 10 people, including adults that must be pre-determined and cannot be swapped out.

It says that weight lifting exercises which require a spotter cannot be used because it violates social distancing. However, further up the list, it also says masks shall be worn when social distance cannot be maintained. So why can't you just make sure that spotters are wearing masks?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:33 pm

19delta wrote:

So, the weight room limit is 10 people, including adults that must be pre-determined and cannot be swapped out.

It says that weight lifting exercises which require a spotter cannot be used because it violates social distancing. However, further up the list, it also says masks shall be worn when social distance cannot be maintained. So why can't you just make sure that spotters are wearing masks?
You're also supposed to only have 25 contact days...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

OK. I missed that. That includes lifting?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:15 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

OK. I missed that. That includes lifting?

Ha! I see what you did there now.

Ok...now I'm tracking! Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:08 am

OSUBucks wrote:

It is a start but you can't have a spotter even if both participants are wearing a mask. We can still go to a protest march though. Rolling Eyes

Attending a protest march is a right guaranteed in the 1st amendment.

Having a spotter isn’t mentioned.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:48 am

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

But freedom to assemble is.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:31 am

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:34 am

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Yeah I know. People have the right to peacefully assemble. Peaceful is a key word here. There has been $50 million in property damage in Minneapolis alone. I just wish people could voice their opinions as directed by the constitution. There's nothing in there about burning law enforcement vehicles and burning down businesses, some which are black owned. There's nothing in there about all the looting either.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 am

OSUBucks wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Yeah I know. People have the right to peacefully assemble. Peaceful is a key word here. There has been $50 million in property damage in Minneapolis alone. I just wish people could voice their opinions as directed by the constitution. There's nothing in there about burning law enforcement vehicles and burning down businesses, some which are black owned. There's nothing in there about all the looting either.

I was just responding to Teetime's point that protesting is protected by the free speech clause of the First Amendment. The First Amendment also protects citizens from the government prohibiting peaceful assembling. The government CAN, however, (in both cases) impose reasonable restrictions on the time, place, and manner of the exercise of said speech and assembly.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:52 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

I was just responding to Teetime's point that protesting is protected by the free speech clause of the First Amendment. The First Amendment also protects citizens from the government prohibiting peaceful assembling. The government CAN, however, (in both cases) impose reasonable restrictions on the time, place, and manner of the exercise of said speech and assembly.

Agreed. another example is if protestors decide to shut down a busy highway law enforcement is within their rights to clear the road to insure commerce.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 pm

If there is no spike in cases in the next few weeks because of the protests, do the CDC and IDPH even take notice that large gatherings may not be as harmful as previously thought?

My guess is no!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:35 pm

dusty7 wrote:If there is no spike in cases in the next few weeks because of the protests, do the CDC and IDPH even take notice that large gatherings may not be as harmful as previously thought?

My guess is no!

Agree, I don't see Pritzker bumping up the date we go to phase 4 regardless of what happens. We didn't see the spike predicted by the media after the big party in the Ozarks. The protests are a much larger scale of people though. Today Dr Fauci seemed pretty worried about a spike coming as a result of the protests. I like Dr Fauci but he has been shown to be wrong on occasion. I hope he is this time but I wouldn't bet on it either way.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:14 pm

867 new cases for Sunday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:44 pm

OSUBucks wrote:867 new cases for Sunday.
But, it's too early to reopen. People dying. Doom. Gloom. End of civilization. Apocalypse...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Sure seems like the numbers are trending down. Hard to not be frustrated with the limited amount we are able to do with our student athletes. Seems like travel teams and coaches don’t have to adhere to the same restrictions. Crazy times.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:39 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:03 pm

As time goes on we continue to learn more about COVID19. It wasn't that long ago that a lot of experts were harping on all this testing and contact tracing and some still are, saying that it must be done before opening the economy. If asymptomatic people rarely infect others that's pretty much a waste of time. I think the WHO actually does a pretty decent job and I don't get the issues Trump seems to have with them. Our own CDC however deserves criticism.
Also only 658 new cases in Illinois today. Remember about a month ago when Pritzker said mid June was the projected peak? The way things are starting to look we might be fine going to phase 4 before June 26. If there is a spike from all the protesting we should be seeing it by next week. I'm not sure we will though. I think it's about burned out for this round at least.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:23 pm

Interesting article dusty...thanks for sharing. I think it will be interesting to see if Trump changes his tune with the WHO now that they're saying this. The fact that we were told that people who weren't showing symptoms yet could still transmit the disease frequently I think is what scared a lot of folks...and for good reason. This article will back up Trump's narrative a bit more for sure in his wanting to open up the economy.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:05 pm

I was very happy to have our first workouts for football today and I was surprised how excited our kids were Tom run and lift. However, knowing that it does not spread on surfaces as easy a previously thought and asymptomatic spread is very rare, when will our politicians admit that they were wrong and move us closer to normal?

The double standard between large gatherings and protests is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. The scientists our govt relied on were largely incorrect on this entire pandemic and have lost the trust of a lot of Americans and if there is no spike here in the next few days because of the protests, we need to open up and go back to normal.

Also, the stocks and economy are starting to pick up regardless of COVID and protests, which I am sure irks the democrats.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:41 pm

dusty7 wrote:The double standard between large gatherings and protests is getting a bit ridiculous at this point.  The scientists our govt relied on were largely incorrect on this entire pandemic and have lost the trust of a lot of Americans and  if there is no spike here in the next few days because of the protests, we need to open up and go back to normal.

Principals, not principles.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:The double standard between large gatherings and protests is getting a bit ridiculous at this point.  The scientists our govt relied on were largely incorrect on this entire pandemic and have lost the trust of a lot of Americans and  if there is no spike here in the next few days because of the protests, we need to open up and go back to normal.  

Also, the stocks and economy are starting to pick up regardless of COVID and protests, which I am sure irks the democrats.  

What double standard? When there are large gatherings now that are not protected by the 1st Amendment the violators are mailed a cease and desist order. Are you saying that there should be someone getting the names and addresses of the protesters that are protected by the 1st Amendment so that they can be mailed a summons?

I'm an admitted democrat (one of the few) and couldn't be happier that the economy is picking up.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 pm

dusty7 wrote:I was very happy to have our first workouts for football today and I was surprised how excited our kids were Tom run and lift.  However, knowing that it does not spread on surfaces as easy a previously thought and asymptomatic spread is very rare, when will our politicians admit that they were wrong and move us closer to normal? 
In Illinois?

About November 4th.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:46 pm

797 new cases for today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:30 am

Seems several states are seeing increased numbers since they’ve been reopening over the last several weeks. Several universities that have had their student athletes returning to campus are also reporting cases. This is not good. I unfortunately still feel fall football at the high school level in Illinois is 50/50 at best. In person school in the fall isn’t much better.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next