Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 29 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am

Head Idiot wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:Now Trump wants to "delay" the election.....I keep looking behind trees and bushes for the cameras to come out and tell me I've been pranked since March WTF
This idea was originally pushed by Dems for primaries and gubernatorial races in March/April. Some also called for it for the election in November.

Now that Trump has suggested it, I'm sure it will be further proof of fascism, racism, whatever.
And here it is-
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:48 pm

What is you issue here HI?

It says in the Constitution when the election will be held and who can change it. There is no such Constitutional issue with the primaries. Those can be whenever the state chooses.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Teetime wrote:What is you issue here HI?

It says in the Constitution when the election will be held and who can change it. There is no such Constitutional issue with the primaries. Those can be whenever the state chooses.
My issue is that Republicans were murderers and worse by suggesting we don't delay elections in March and April, but now that Trump agrees, it's fascism and he needs to be impeached.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:18 pm

Given what's happened to the Marlins and now the Cardinals do you think baseball gets their season in? I'm about 50/50 right now. If it gets worse in the next couple weeks I think they'll pull the plug on the season.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:58 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Given what's happened to the Marlins and now the Cardinals do you think baseball gets their season in? I'm about 50/50 right now. If it gets worse in the next couple weeks I think they'll pull the plug on the season.
Who knows. Things seem to change by the hour, so I don't think anyone really knows.

I hope they do, but I doubt it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Given what's happened to the Marlins and now the Cardinals do you think baseball gets their season in? I'm about 50/50 right now. If it gets worse in the next couple weeks I think they'll pull the plug on the season.

I thought each team had a 60 man roster that they could draw from in order to avoid these stoppages.

Bring in the crappy guys and PLAY BALL.

Admin

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:28 pm

I understand these players tested positive but how many are actually showing any symptoms? Have they tested since last week or so they have to wait 14 days?

I guess I just struggling with the fact that people are told they are sock but they feel fine. I understand the possibility of spread is still possible cancelling what you have worked hard to achieve for a small amount of players testing positive and will be 100% healthy in a week is an overreaction in my opinion. This is going to happen in all sports and I imagine MLB is just going to roll with it.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Schedule is 60 games in 66 days.

We're going to be 11 days in and the Marlins and Phillies will have played 3 games each. Plus all the postponed games of the teams they were supposed to play. I'm enjoying the White Sox and Cubs games while they are on, but there is zero chance this makes it to the playoffs.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:03 pm

For Friday Illinois has 1941 new cases and 49,782 tests (a record number). Positivity rate for 7/24-7/30 is 3.9%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

My issue is that Republicans were murderers and worse by suggesting we don't delay elections in March and April, but now that Trump agrees, it's fascism and he needs to be impeached.

Right. Making people stand in line and hand each other documents in the heat of the first wave of virus transmission for a primary election that can be held at another time is dangerous and ignorant. It might have cost a life or two, but who cares.

That seems to have been the republican position.

"Republicans were murderers and worse", you said. I don't think they were worse...what would be worse?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:02 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Right. Making people stand in line and hand each other documents in the heat of the first wave of virus transmission for a primary election that can be held at another time is dangerous and ignorant. It might have cost a life or two, but who cares.

"Republicans were murderers and worse", you said. I don't think they were worse...what would be worse?
I don't what could be worse, but I'm sure the media will figure it out and then use it to describe Republicans. I mean, they're already murderers, racists, fascists, Nazis, misogynists, and white supremacists. What's one more thing?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I don't what could be worse, but I'm sure the media will figure it out and then use it to describe Republicans. I mean, they're already murderers, racists, fascists, Nazis, misogynists, and white supremacists. What's one more thing?

I’m honestly not trying to be argumentative, but most republicans from my part of the state are racist...they just hide behind the church and their religion. The men are also extremely misogynistic. Again, they hide behind the whole ‘men are the leaders of the family’ crap that is mostly from whatever church they attend. These again are just my observations from the populous that lives in my area.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I still would like to see Biden debate Trump.

Me too.  

It's one of the few things that can help Trump at this point.  If I were Biden, I would agree to debate Trump only if Trump releases his tax returns.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:08 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I’m honestly not trying to be argumentative, but most republicans from my part of the state are racist...they just hide behind the church and their religion. The men are also extremely misogynistic. Again, they hide behind the whole ‘men are the leaders of the family’ crap that is mostly from whatever church they attend. These again are just my observations from the populous that lives in my area.
NM
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Me too.  

It's one of the few things that can help Trump at this point.  If I were Biden, I would agree to debate Trump only if Trump releases his tax returns.

While I think anyone running for President should release his returns I don't think one has anything to do with the other. If Biden wants to be President he should be willing to debate the Incumbent. Biden is ahead and might feel that he has nothing to gain by debating and would like to run out the clock.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:49 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:38 pm

1639 new cases and 39,809 tests for Saturday. Positivity rate for 7/25-7/31 is 3.9%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:48 am

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Me too.  

While I think anyone running for President should release his returns I don't think one has anything to do with the other. If Biden wants to be President he should be willing to debate the Incumbent. Biden is ahead and might feel that he has nothing to gain by debating and would like to run out the clock.

Of course the two things are unrelated, but I feel that not enough pressure has been put on Trump in this regard. He really is getting a pass on the tax return issue.

I just think it would be very interesting to see how badly Trump wants to debate Biden.  If he really wants to debate, then he will release his returns.  Unless, of course, he has something he doesn't want to the electorate to see about him in those returns...
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:07 am

Another promising treatment for those that get critically ill from the virus.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/02/relief-neurorx-rlf-100-helps-critical-covid-19-patients/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Just sad that the expectation is that things can not get back closer to normal without a vaccine. I have yet talked to anybody who is even willing to take the vaccine when it becomes available.

Also, there are already vaccine boosters that have shown promise in prevention of COVID and serious symptoms, why isn't there more talk about using these?Also may explain the limited impact on children.

https://asm.org/Press-Releases/2020/MMR-Vaccine-Could-Protect-Against-the-Worst-Sympto
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:47 am

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Me too.  

While I think anyone running for President should release his returns I don't think one has anything to do with the other. If Biden wants to be President he should be willing to debate the Incumbent.

I think they ARE related.

I agree, if Biden wants to be President he should be willing to debate the incumbent (who is willing).
If Trump wants to be re-elected he should disclose whichever of his tax returns that his opponent is willing to disclose.

If Biden has a glaring weakness that the Republicans would like to expose in a debate, Trump has a glaring weakness that the Democrats would like to expose in tax returns, fair is fair.

There is no law that says anyone has to disclose tax returns and no law says the candidates must debate, see the symmetry in these arguments?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 am

dusty7 wrote:Another promising treatment for those that get critically ill from the virus.  

https://nypost.com/2020/08/02/relief-neurorx-rlf-100-helps-critical-covid-19-patients/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Just sad that the expectation is that things can not get back closer to normal without a vaccine.  I have yet talked to anybody who is even willing to take the vaccine when it becomes available.  

Also, there are already vaccine boosters that have shown promise in prevention of COVID and serious symptoms, why isn't there more talk about using these?Also may explain the limited impact on children.

https://asm.org/Press-Releases/2020/MMR-Vaccine-Could-Protect-Against-the-Worst-Sympto

Dusty, I for one think it's fantastic that they may have discovered a treatment for the critically ill. I hope it provides relief to many. I hadn't heard anything about it and I'm glad you posted it.

On the vaccine, you can't find anyone that would take it? Really? I would. I think OSU said he would. Why would people refuse it if it had gone through all of the required testing? Who are you talking to?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Another promising treatment for those that get critically ill from the virus.  

Just sad that the expectation is that things can not get back closer to normal without a vaccine.  I have yet talked to anybody who is even willing to take the vaccine when it becomes available.  

Dusty, I for one think it's fantastic that they may have discovered a treatment for the critically ill. I hope it provides relief to many. I hadn't heard anything about it and I'm glad you posted it.

On the vaccine, you can't find anyone that would take it? Really? I would. I think OSU said he would. Why would people refuse it if it had gone through all of the required testing? Who are you talking to?

Count me in for the vaccine. Can't get that stuff in my body fast enough as far as I am concerned.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Yes, I absolutely would get a vaccine as soon as it's available.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

My parents and many of my friends and co-workers are skeptical because studies show that many of those who participated in the test developed COVID like symptoms, and who is to say individual with known or unknown underlying health conditions won't die from the vaccine?

I honestly think if there is truth in the boosters helping alleviate symptoms, we should be going that route.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/covid-19-vaccines-may-cause-mild-side-effects-experts-say-stressing-need-for-education-not-alarm/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/covid-19-vaccines-with-minor-side-effects-could-still-be-pretty-bad/amp

Regardless of a vaccine, we are not going to ever kill this disease and even so, another one will be right behind it whether it is as severe or not, the government and people will panic now that the precedent has been set. I honestly do not think it will be long until there are laws about mask wearing regardless of COVID, it is going to be the norm for a very long time.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next