Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by newcom Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 pm

I hope you are wrong Dusty but could very well happen. Sad
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Got this link from my wife's OB Doctor. Complies data from IDPH and shows where Illinois is in comparison with the rest of the US.

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/illinois?fbclid=IwAR0lZYqV15vkHF7c3SJSDyOt10uTq6XLpDmQTQfwJEwR34sec_7jAB96iWI#historical

His words verbatim, "remain cautious, there is a chance you may contract it and get sick but it is more likely you will be unaware you have it. Don't get worried if you have symptoms, it could be a wide range of other illnesses, however you should go get tested'.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:52 pm

dusty7 wrote:My parents and many of my friends and co-workers are skeptical because studies show that many of those who participated in the test developed COVID like symptoms, and who is to say individual with known or unknown underlying health conditions won't die from the vaccine?

As of today's date, there are over 165 different COVID19 vaccines being developed and 27 human trials underway. What studies are you referring to and what trial(s)?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:06 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:31 pm

1298 new cases for Monday and 28,475 tests. Positivity for 7/27-8/2 is 4.0%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:  Considering this diseases ability to stimulate a strong immuno response which results in the complications, who is to say that a small dose won't illicit the same response in those with underlying conditions?

Because it is unlikely that the COVID19 vaccine will contain a live, but weakened, version of the virus as some other vaccines have done.

"A handful of existing vaccines — including polio, chicken pox and the measles, mumps and rubella shot (MMR) — contain a weakened version of the live virus that causes the disease. Because it’s the closest thing to a natural infection, so-called live attenuated vaccines “are good teachers for the immune system,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains.

Few research teams are taking this approach with the coronavirus vaccine, however, since “it takes a lot of time to be sure [the virus used in the vaccine] is weak enough that it doesn’t cause disease,” Neuzil says. And in a pandemic, time is of the essence.

Instead, scientists are looking at different ways to introduce a piece of the virus to the body — whether it’s a protein from the virus or a genetic code that the body can use to make its own protein to stimulate an immune response. Some are also studying the possibility of introducing the coronavirus by way of a vector, where a gene for a protein of the coronavirus, for example, is inserted into a harmless form of another virus and delivered to the cells. The advantage of this approach, Neuzil says, is that the vector-carrying vaccine 'looks more like the real virus than perhaps just a piece of the protein does.'"

Source: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-vaccine-research.html
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:  Considering this diseases ability to stimulate a strong immuno response which results in the complications, who is to say that a small dose won't illicit the same response in those with underlying conditions?

Because it is unlikely that the COVID19 vaccine will contain a live, but weakened, version of the virus as some other vaccines have done.

"A handful of existing vaccines — including polio, chicken pox and the measles, mumps and rubella shot (MMR) — contain a weakened version of the live virus that causes the disease. Because it’s the closest thing to a natural infection, so-called live attenuated vaccines “are good teachers for the immune system,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains.

Few research teams are taking this approach with the coronavirus vaccine, however, since “it takes a lot of time to be sure [the virus used in the vaccine] is weak enough that it doesn’t cause disease,” Neuzil says. And in a pandemic, time is of the essence.

Instead, scientists are looking at different ways to introduce a piece of the virus to the body — whether it’s a protein from the virus or a genetic code that the body can use to make its own protein to stimulate an immune response. Some are also studying the possibility of introducing the coronavirus by way of a vector, where a gene for a protein of the coronavirus, for example, is inserted into a harmless form of another virus and delivered to the cells. The advantage of this approach, Neuzil says, is that the vector-carrying vaccine 'looks more like the real virus than perhaps just a piece of the protein does.'"

Source: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-vaccine-research.html

All good stuff here but research shows some people are getting sick from the test vaccines. Let’s say 1 person out of 2,000 experiences serious side effects to the vaccine, would you still get inoculated? What if 1 in 5,000 die?

I hope a safe and effective vaccine is developed and there is some promise that those that are in development will be effective in developing antibodies against COVID but what is the potential for long term side effects? Polio was identified in 1894, no vaccine until 1955, that’s a long time for development, research, and effects beyond just stopping the disease. I will not take it until long term studies are completed and the long term effects, if there are any, are identified.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 pm

I'm just glad that people are staying calm and not purposefully spreading fear.
Coronavirus II - Page 30 Eeajuu10
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:51 pm

dusty7 wrote:What if 1 in 5,000 die?
Aka roughly how many Americans have died from COVID. .0002% vs .0004%.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:What if 1 in 5,000 die?
Aka roughly how many Americans have died from COVID. .0002% vs .0004%.

Well we're approaching 160,000 deaths out of 330 million. I'm not suggesting that anyone get reckless but if you use your head you're probably not going to die. If you are under 50 the odds, which are already extremely low, are even lower. Regardless of who was President our country was woefully unprepared to handle a Pandemic. By comparison the 1918 H1N1 flu killed 3% of the world population.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Well we're approaching 160,000 deaths out of 330 million.
330 million without illegal immigrants.😉

That's still only .00048%

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 pm

We've reached new levels of disgusting in the past 6 months-
Coronavirus II - Page 30 Obit_w10
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/viral-coronavirus-obituary
David W. Nagy didn't usually like it when his wife talked politics, but when he died last month from COVID-19 she channeled her devastation and anger into his short obituary
So, he didn't like it, so you used his OBITUARY to make a public statement. I bet he is so proud.

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40 pm

That's pretty bad when you can't even leave politics out of an obituary. Tonight on the evening news NBC saw fit to show the George Floyd video again. Got to keep stoking the flames. Is there still anyone out there that thinks the November election isn't influencing the media?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:48 pm

OSUBucks wrote:That's pretty bad when you can't even leave politics out of an obituary. Tonight on the evening news NBC saw fit to show the George Floyd video again. Got to keep stoking the flames. Is there still anyone out there that thinks the November election isn't influencing the media?
It's been influencing them since November 2016. #Resist
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:08 pm

OSUBucks wrote:That's pretty bad when you can't even leave politics out of an obituary. Tonight on the evening news NBC saw fit to show the George Floyd video again. Got to keep stoking the flames. Is there still anyone out there that thinks the November election isn't influencing the media?

I do not think there are many people out there who even trust the media anymore. For the better part of two weeks, I have tried my best to not look at much media unless it pertained to IHSA, Sports, and the important COVID Numbers and Updates. I have stayed away from any commentary on any issue and it is quite nice.

I have actually found myself watching entire baseball games, that is something I have never done in my life, but unlike the NBA, there is little to no social commentary throughout the broadcast. Watched 1 NBA game and every timeout, and even in the middle of play, there was a social commentary, took me about 1/2 a quarter to move on.

On a side note, I thought it was cool how Butler had no name plate on his jersey, he said he wanted to be known for his play not his name or a cause, but the NBA made him put his name on his back. I guess he just isn't woke enough.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:07 am

dusty7 wrote:All good stuff here but  research shows some people are getting sick from the test vaccines.  Let’s say 1 person out of 2,000 experiences serious side effects to the vaccine, would you still get inoculated?  What if 1 in 5,000 die?

Many vaccines have side effects; most of which are mild.  If being under the weather for a short time is the price I have to pay for a vaccine that will keep me from becoming infected with a virus that has killed hundreds of thousands of people, then that's a risk I am probably going to take.  We are in the early stages of COVID19 vaccine development and human trials.  Let's hold off until those are completed before we base decisions on "some people" and "getting sick."  I'm planning on getting a safe and effective vaccine that has been thoroughly tested with substantial data behind it.  

dusty7 wrote:I hope a safe and effective vaccine is developed and there is some promise that those that are in development will be effective in developing antibodies against COVID but what is the potential for long term side effects?  Polio was identified in 1894, no vaccine until 1955, that’s a long time for development, research, and effects beyond just stopping the disease.  I will not take it until long term studies are completed and the long term effects, if there are any, are identified.

Then you are deciding that becoming infected with the virus is preferable over your concerns about possible long term side effects of a vaccine (which, of course, you won't know if those concerns are well founded or not until long after the vaccine is developed).  The problem with that approach is that you will quite likely become infected yourself and, given the highly infectious nature of the virus, you will likely infect other anti-vaxxers with it.  While you might think that works for you, I think it is being socially irresponsible.

Last edited by ramblinman on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:29 am

Yes Ramblin, until a study has been done on long term side effects, I will take my chances of getting COVID as it seems to have minimal effect on a majority of the population. I know 15 people who have tested positive, 3 had mostly build symptoms, and 4 tested positive without been taking a test. I know 1 individual who supposedly died of COVID but they were on Hospice for 6 weeks prior and had Glioblastoma, so not killed by COVID in my opinion.

So far the studies, that I posted, some are experiencing more than mild side effects. Sorry if it offends you of if I take my chances with a disease with over 95% recovery rate and 99% for my age group.

You never answered, what of the vaccine kills 1 in 5,000, would you still take it?

Something not being mentioned in the media, the 7 day rolling average of cases for the US has decreased for 7 days.

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:30 am

I believe we are all going to get it or have have had it no matter what we do.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 am

Graph showing date of COVID deaths on the day death occurred not when it was filed as a COVID death. People who died up to 6 weeks ago can still be classified as a COVID death. So even after death you can still test positive.

Coronavirus II - Page 30 Screen11
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am

dusty7 wrote:Yes Ramblin, until a study has been done on long term side effects, I will take my chances of getting COVID as it seems to have minimal effect on a majority of the population. I know 15 people who have tested positive, 3 had mostly build symptoms, and 4 tested positive without been taking a test. I know 1 individual who supposedly died of COVID but they were on Hospice for 6 weeks prior and had Glioblastoma, so not killed by COVID in my opinion.  

So far the studies, that I posted, some are experiencing more than mild side effects.  Sorry if it offends you of if I take my chances with a disease with over 95% recovery rate and 99% for my age group.  

You never answered, what of the vaccine kills 1 in 5,000, would you still take it?

Something not being mentioned in the media, the 7 day rolling average of cases for the US has decreased for 7 days.  

I'm not offended. I do question, though, your decision to "take your chances" because the impact of the virus on your age group is worth the risk. I'm not questioning your logic, but I am questioning your sense of social responsibility. You are focused inward, on yourself. No mention at all of the potential for you to infect others and what impact doing so might have on them. I firmly believe that the every man for himself approach will cause us more illness and death than if we all banded together for the common good.

If the vaccine kills 1 in 5000, are you saying 1 in 5000 people in general or 1 in 5000 people who become vaccinated? Regardless, I would have to weigh that against my own personal risk factors of the impact of the virus relative to my age and health history. I would further have to weigh it against my strong desire not to become infected and infect others.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 am

ramblinman wrote:

I'm not offended. I do question, though, your decision to "take your chances" because the impact of the virus on your age group is worth the risk. I'm not questioning your logic, but I am questioning your sense of social responsibility. You are focused inward, on yourself. No mention at all of the potential for you to infect others and what impact doing so might have on them. I firmly believe that the every man for himself approach will cause us more illness and death than if we all banded together for the common good.

Ramblin, sorry but you have no clue who I am or what I am about. To say that I don't care about those around me because no don't want to take an unproven vaccine is utter bullshit but exactly what I expect out of you. I do all I can to keep me, my family, my students, and my athletes safe in a multitude of ways, not just COVID. So please don't even try to lecture me on social responsibility and not caring about others. Didn't you take a trip to see your son play lacrosse in Maryland back when they were seeing high numbers and come back to Illinois? Talk about social responsibility.

If I am so God damn careless, why has my pregnant wife or my child, not gotten sick? Why have the people I am around the most not gotten sick and those who did had no contact with me? According to you everyone around me should be dead because am so selfish and I only care about myself.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:25 am

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I'm not offended.  I do question, though, your decision to "take your chances" because the impact of the virus on your age group is worth the risk.  I'm not questioning your logic, but I am questioning your sense of social responsibility.  You are focused inward, on yourself.  No mention at all of the potential for you to infect others and what impact doing so might have on them.  I firmly believe that the every man for himself approach will cause us more illness and death than if we all banded together for the common good.

Ramblin, sorry but you have no clue who I am or what I am about.  To say that I don't care about those around me because no don't want to take an unproven vaccine is utter bullshit but exactly what I expect out of you.  I do all I can to keep me, my family, my students, and my athletes safe in a multitude of ways, not just COVID. So please don't even try to lecture me on social responsibility and not caring about others.  Didn't you take a trip to see your son play lacrosse in Maryland back when they were seeing high numbers and come back to Illinois?  Talk about social responsibility.

If I am so God damn careless, why has my pregnant wife or my child, not gotten sick?  Why have the people I am around the most not gotten sick and those who did had no contact with me? According to you everyone around me should be dead because am so selfish and I only care about myself.

I have tried to keep this civil. You are freaking out. Take a chill pill and come back to me when you aren't frothing at the mouth.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 am

I am not freaking out, just defending myself against someone who traveled at the height of this deadly pandemic to watch sports?

Did you even think about the referees and their families?

The players, the coaches and their loved ones?

If you are going to call me out and hold me to a standard, I'm going to do the same to you.

For the record, just as you did, I would travel to watch and support my kid and I assume you took all the proper precautions to keep yourself safe and those around you safe, which is what most of us are doing.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm

list of HCQ studies.
https://c19study.com/
how long before "they" take down this site?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

1471 new cases and 42,598 tests for Tuesday. Positivity rate for 7/28-8/3 is 3.9%. We dropped a tenth of a percent so let's hope that continues.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next