Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 35 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by net Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:53 pm

my wife's cousins who live across the alley us are both positive. they are very sick. they found out tuesday they were positive. we found out yesterday when my wife texted them about not seeing them all week.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:26 pm

net wrote:my wife's cousins who live across the alley us are both positive. they are very sick. they found out tuesday they were positive. we found out yesterday when my wife texted them about not seeing them all week.

Hope your wife's cousins pull through ok net. You stay safe too!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:08 pm

What lesson should we take from the Guantanamo testimonials?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:35 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
net wrote:my wife's cousins who live across the alley us are both positive. they are very sick. they found out tuesday they were positive. we found out yesterday when my wife texted them about not seeing them all week.

79 cases in the 62691. ridiculous.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Teetime wrote:

What lesson should we take from the Guantanamo testimonials?

lessons? hell, i have no idea. i'm not as smart as you, not even close. Biderman's Chart of Coercion is interesting though...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Convalescent plasma approved for treatment. Media coverage as unsafe coming soon.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:18 pm

My wife delivered our 2nd boy through C Section early this morning. I was allowed in the OR, she was tested, we have not heard results, assuming negative until we hear something.
Nurse said I can leave and come back but limited to once a day. I'm not planning on leaving until they do. But the rules change daily.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, OldTitan, tps and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:06 pm

dusty7 wrote:My wife delivered our 2nd boy through C Section early this morning.  I was allowed in the OR, she was tested, we have not heard results, assuming negative until we hear something.  
Nurse said I can leave and come back but limited to once a day.  I'm not planning on leaving until they do. But the rules change daily.

congrats! i hope all is well!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:My wife delivered our 2nd boy through C Section early this morning.  I was allowed in the OR, she was tested, we have not heard results, assuming negative until we hear something.  
Nurse said I can leave and come back but limited to once a day.  I'm not planning on leaving until they do. But the rules change daily.

Congrats, dusty.

I'm predicting that there are no Corona Virus restrictions on football play when he is ready.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Congrats Dusty!
1612 new cases and 36,115 tests for Monday. Statewide positivity is 4.2%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks everybody...

CDC changing testing guidelines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Congrats my friend! Enjoy them...before you know it you and the wife will be all teary eyed dropping them off at college. People always said that shit to me and I was like ‘meh, whatever’...but boy oh boy is it true. I’d pay good money to have to get a babysitter again to go out to dinner and a movie with the wife.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:43 pm

And just like that, poof, we're on our way to warning status with 33 positives Sunday and 54 today.

Congratulations!! You did it!!
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:43 pm

Congratulations dusty. Lefty's right, it goes fast.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Negative response to Trumps announcement last night about convalescent plasma only took about 12 hours.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/scientists-doubt-convalescent-plasma-touted-by-trump-is-a-breakthrough-coronavirus-treatment.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/dr-scott-gottlieb-covid-19-plasma-treatment-might-help-not-home-run.html

I know it goes fast, seem like yesterday we were here with my 3 year old.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:19 pm

dusty7 wrote:Negative response to Trumps announcement last night about convalescent plasma only took about 12 hours.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/scientists-doubt-convalescent-plasma-touted-by-trump-is-a-breakthrough-coronavirus-treatment.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/24/dr-scott-gottlieb-covid-19-plasma-treatment-might-help-not-home-run.html

How many people will die because CNN (CNBC, MSNBC, etc) want to garner a few more NeverTrump mouse clicks?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:02 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Negative response to Trumps announcement last night about convalescent plasma only took about 12 hours.

How many people will die because CNN (CNBC, MSNBC, etc) want to garner a few more NeverTrump mouse clicks?
If he held a press conference announcing the sky was blue, they'd dig up 10 scientists to say he was wrong. It's amazing.

#Resist
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:37 am

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:06 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

they have both been admitted to the hospital. whatever site my wife checks has a 'hospitalized' cass county count. there was only one yesterday so i'd assume that it'll say three tomorrow.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 am

I find this very peculiar. All we have heard for months in how we need to test more people and more often. Now 2 months removed from election, the guidance changed.

Is this the first step of this virus disappearing near the election?

Is there science saying that pre and asymptomatic spread is not as likely as previously thought?

The CDC changed the site on Monday. Here's what it says now: "If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms, you do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/health/cdc-guidelines-coronavirus-testing/index.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:37 am

I think the whole thing is messed up coach...and we've established that pretty soundly in this long thread.  I'd agree, there is a ton of misinformation out there that the government is guilty of sending out.  I do think this is a very new virus, and we are constantly learning new things every day about how it affects people, how it's transmitted etc.  I think that's what frustrates me is, as the general public, many have been very dismissive of the medical professionals in our nation who have had to contradict themselves as we've learned more.  They're not perfect, and are learning more and more every day just like us.  But yet the public seems to think that everything they do is politically motivated...which, by in large, you'd have a very hard time convincing me that's true.  Anyone who reads up on most of the doctors who are in a position of power right now, they're the furthest thing from political.  But now, here we have the CDC and the FDA under attack...why???  Because our president, instead of just staying the f*** out of it and letting them do their jobs, has touted plasma therapy and has put undo pressure on the CDC to do things for political gain.  

Have Democrats been guilty of the same things?  Absolutely.  But only Donald Trump would come out before the RNC and tout Convalescent Plasma therapy like he's God's gift to fighting COVID when our doctors and medical professionals have been doing this since April.  And there's more than one study that's been done in this short time that says it's really only been effective for a small percentage of people who have gotten sick. Bottom line, whichever side of this you're on...we are all doomed! Our world right now seems like it will never go back to anything remotely close to what we had before. The way things are going right now, I'll be shocked if we have anything close to a regular school year this year...no way we wrestle, play basketball, soccer, or football. And honestly, as we should be preparing for week 1 this friday, next fall worries me right now. All our nation is doing is simply spinning our tires in the mud...we aren't going anywhere just waiting for a vaccine to develop when, in reality, how much is that really going to help? Many won't get it and if they don't, they'll mock those that feel they should. That's where our country is right now unfortunately...i'm debbie downer right now.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:32 am

Very well said Lefty and I don't totally disagree with you. We are learning more every day and Trump should act more as a leader than an influencer.

But the FDA and CDC have made their share of mistakes in the process and put a lot of people non fear of infection and death and we are no where near what they expected. I did not post the article as a shot at the CDC, but it's a bit curious why the sudden change when we have been told more testing is the answer.

Everytime something positive comes out, whether it's a Rep or Dem saying, the opposite side immediately discounts it and finds a study against it. Everybody's view is 100% dependent on their source of news and there is very little factual and unbiased news available.

Politics runs everything in this country and that is the fault of the politicians. They don't care for the people, they care about the vote and the mighty buck. Until this changes, you are correct, COVID, racism, health care, you name it, we are just spinning our tires and not solving any of the problems our country faces.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 am

I agree that the politics has changed in the last 25 years or so. When Reagan was President he would invite the Speaker of the House, Democrat Tip O'Neill to the White House and they would work out compromises. It doesn't work that way any more. Andrew Johnson was impeached in 1868 and we went 130 years before we saw another impeachment in Clinton. Now we've had 2 impeachments in about 20 years. From day one of his presidency Republicans worked against Obama instead of for the betterment of the country, even threatening to default on the national debt. The Democrats never accepted Trump as president, whining about the fact the Hillary won the popular vote.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:31 pm

So Facebook took down the Kankakee County Coronor's Facebook account for posting false information. They put out weekly updates on the deaths in the county and have since the beginning of the pandemic. Complete Bullshit, one of the few sources of FACTUAL information out there.

Most recent post stated:
1. 70 individuals have died from COVID in the county
2. 100% had pre existing conditions
3. Total number of deaths, 967, is 54 higher than last year
4. 34% have been under the care of hospice
5. Average age is 81.

I guess these are all lies according to Facebook.

This is the type up bullshit censorship should not be happening.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 pm

dusty7 wrote:So Facebook took down the Kankakee County Coronor's Facebook account for posting false information.  They put out weekly updates on the deaths in the county and have since the beginning of the pandemic.  Complete Bullshit, one of the few sources of FACTUAL information out there.

Most recent post stated:
1. 70 individuals have died from COVID in the county
2. 100% had pre existing conditions
3. Total number of deaths, 967, is 54 higher than last year
4. 34% have been under the care of hospice
5. Average age is 81.

I guess these are all lies according to Facebook.

This is the type up bullshit censorship should not be happening.

Some friends of mine have complained about Facebook taking down some of their posts. These guys tend to be Conservative in their views and I think Facebook leans the other way. Wink
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next