Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:44 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
dusty7 wrote:So Facebook took down the Kankakee County Coronor's Facebook account for posting false information.  They put out weekly updates on the deaths in the county and have since the beginning of the pandemic.  Complete Bullshit, one of the few sources of FACTUAL information out there.

Most recent post stated:
1. 70 individuals have died from COVID in the county
2. 100% had pre existing conditions
3. Total number of deaths, 967, is 54 higher than last year
4. 34% have been under the care of hospice
5. Average age is 81.

I guess these are all lies according to Facebook.

This is the type up bullshit censorship should not be happening.

Some friends of mine have complained about Facebook taking down some of their posts. These guys tend to be Conservative in their views and I think Facebook leans the other way. Wink
The crazy thing is, there are several people I've talked to that firmly believe Facebook is a conservative institution.

Then again, I once talked with a fellow teacher who thought CNN was extremely pro Trump...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 pm

As of today we are back to 4.0% positivity statewide. We were 4.4% a couple weeks ago. Today new restrictions were put in place by the Governor when at a bar or restaurant. Any time a server comes to your table you are to put your mask on. If you are in the middle of your meal and a server comes over to check to see if you need anything you have to put your mask back on until she leaves. I wonder how heavily this will be enforced.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:25 pm

OSUBucks wrote:As of today we are back to 4.0% positivity statewide. We were 4.4% a couple weeks ago. Today new restrictions were put in place by the Governor when at a bar or restaurant. Any time a server comes to your table you are to put your mask on. If you are in the middle of your meal and a server comes over to check to see if you need anything you have to put your mask back on until she leaves. I wonder how heavily this will be enforced.
How could you enforce it?

How can you enforce any of this? Threatening businesses with their licenses?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm

3 positives today hospitalized today in cass? yes, my neighbors and wife's family.

the extra two cases.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 pm

OSUBucks wrote:As of today we are back to 4.0% positivity statewide. We were 4.4% a couple weeks ago. Today new restrictions were put in place by the Governor when at a bar or restaurant. Any time a server comes to your table you are to put your mask on. If you are in the middle of your meal and a server comes over to check to see if you need anything you have to put your mask back on until she leaves. I wonder how heavily this will be enforced.

We were out West for 2 months, masks optional mostly, even for servers. When we had a server who didn't wear a mask, my wife told me to up the tip. If we had a mask-wearer, I was to keep it at 15%.....

I do what I'm told. Laughing

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:51 pm

There are 30 Counties in Illinois at Warning Level for COVID19, including Cass and Sangamon. Statewide positivity rate is 4.1%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:00 pm

OSUBucks wrote:There are 30 Counties in Illinois at Warning Level for COVID19, including Cass and Sangamon. Statewide positivity rate is 4.1%

cass county is out of control. teresa armstrong, a friend of mine, is head of ccdph. she's overwhelmed with calls and requests for info. multiple people with symptoms are refusing to be tested and are visiting multiple bars. i don't visit ANY of my usual haunts. sucks.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:There are 30 Counties in Illinois at Warning Level for COVID19, including Cass and Sangamon. Statewide positivity rate is 4.1%

cass county is out of control. teresa armstrong, a friend of mine, is head of ccdph. she's overwhelmed with calls and requests for info. multiple people with symptoms are refusing to be tested and are visiting multiple bars. i don't visit ANY of my usual haunts. sucks.

That sounds like a bad situation. Those folks with symptoms still going out in public are morons.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:53 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Those folks with symptoms still going out in public are morons.

Aren't the symptoms flu-like? Fever, achy bones, nausea, diarrhea ? Who wants to go out an party like that?

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:00 am

Certainly a person who has an alcohol dependency would.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:53 pm

For Saturday 1880 new cases and 48,784 tests. Statewide positivity rate is 4.0%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:32 pm

scott county requiring masks. third time I've said positive cases just ignoring everything and going on with their daily lives.

on jjc website again.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:33 pm

reminder: scott county was the last county in il to report a case.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:09 pm

This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid.

That's 9,210 deaths.

The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2HL5zhlkAChbRJ1gs0REsL4Zll55XrakjQcPiroHCmesjqZG6087W5Wrg#Comorbidities

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 pm

I just read that a Democrat Senator said that Trump is deliberately killing people. My first reaction was wondering if the polls have tightened up. I checked and found that Biden is still ahead but the polls have tightened.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democratic-senator-says-trump-deliberately-killing-people-by-holding-rallies/ar-BB18vs2u?ocid=Peregrine

Also I agree that most of the fatalities of COVID are elderly and people with multiple preexisting conditions.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:00 am

OSUBucks wrote:Also I agree that most of the fatalities of COVID are elderly and people with multiple preexisting conditions.

I'm glad you "follow the science...." Twisted Evil

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 am

BirdWatcher wrote:This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid.

That's 9,210 deaths.  

The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age; 90% in nursing homes.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2HL5zhlkAChbRJ1gs0REsL4Zll55XrakjQcPiroHCmesjqZG6087W5Wrg#Comorbidities

6%. Hmmmm...9000+ deaths is alot and may the rest in peace - but not enough to shut down the world - because 'science', right?. I'm not very smart, what am I missing? I'm sure someone on here can help me. Thanks in advance.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 am

In an average year, the US would have seen around 14,000ish automobile deaths in the amount of time we've been in COVID restrictions. (36000 last year)

22,000 since March 13th would have died from opioid overdoses in an average year (128/day).
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:13 am

net wrote:

cass county is 14.9%. over 5 weeks on warning list.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 am

I went out to eat Saturday evening (outdoor dining) and the new restrictions put in place by the Governor last week were not being enforced.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:19 am

So we are back to you guys arguing that the other 94% of the virus deaths in which the decedents were NOT perfectly healthy don't count because...you know...it is what it is.

This now completes the circle.

That is exactly were you same three or four guys started this thread back in February or March, 180,000 deaths and six and a half months ago.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:49 pm

I don't know if I'd frame it that way. I would say that if you're young or middle aged and in good health the chances of this virus killing you are extremely low. I read over the weekend that about 300 people 24 and under have died of COVID in the US and that there are about 55 million people in that age group.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:33 pm

My concerns for young people that catch Covid-19 are the unknown and lingering consequences. It seems to increase myocarditis in a small group, and certain young people, even non-symptomatic, seem to have damaged lung capacity. They are certainly less vulnerable to death - that seems provable beyond a doubt - but, should resultant death be our only measurement?
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:03 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I don't know if I'd frame it that way. I would say that if you're young or middle aged and in good health the chances of this virus killing you are extremely low. I read over the weekend that about  300 people 24 and under have died of COVID in the US and that there are about 55 million people in that age group.

And what are the chances of people in that age group and good health condition passing along the virus to others who might be in less stellar health or in higher risk age groups?

Focusing on the mortality rate for those least likely to die from this virus is nice if you are searching for positive spin, but not at the expense of keeping those people uninfected in the first place so they don't pass this deadly disease on to others.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:14 pm

OldTitan wrote:My concerns for young people that catch Covid-19 are the unknown and lingering consequences. It seems to increase myocarditis in a small group, and certain young people, even non-symptomatic, seem to have damaged lung capacity. They are certainly less vulnerable to death - that seems provable beyond a doubt - but, should resultant death be our only measurement?

There is some evidence that covid19 can cause myocarditus. At worst it is a minor cause of viral myocarditus. I think an athlete needs weigh all the risks before playing college football but I think ultimately it should be his decision.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next