Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 37 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:17 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I don't know if I'd frame it that way. I would say that if you're young or middle aged and in good health the chances of this virus killing you are extremely low. I read over the weekend that about  300 people 24 and under have died of COVID in the US and that there are about 55 million people in that age group.

And what are the chances of people in that age group and good health condition passing along the virus to others who might be in less stellar health or in higher risk age groups?

Focusing on the mortality rate for those least likely to die from this virus is nice if you are searching for positive spin, but not at the expense of keeping those people uninfected in the first place so they don't pass this deadly disease on to others.

If a college athlete or student is coming home for the weekend and wants to visit grandparents social distancing needs to be practiced and all parties need to be wearing masks obviously.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:23 pm

1668 new cases and 47,379 tests for Monday. Statewide positivity is 4.1%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 pm

Teetime wrote:So we are back to you guys arguing that the other 94% of the virus deaths in which the decedents were NOT perfectly healthy don't count because...you know...it is what it is.

This now completes the circle.

That is exactly were you same three or four guys started this thread back in February or March, 180,000 deaths and six and a half months ago.
Is this your way of telling us we were right? Thank you.

An unwanted consequence of living is death. It happens to us all. Especially if you're already hanging by a thread.

6 months ago I said (and got the ever present and super brave red mark of shame for)- how many of these deaths were going to die anyway? That's not pleasant to think about, but it's realistic. As I said then, years and years from now when the "experts" sort this all out, shutting the world down and potentially causing irreparable harm to the vast majority of people for this minute minority is going to prove stupid.

As the statistics show, I, and the overwhelming majority of people have far greater concerns that threaten us both short and long term than COVID.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Head Idiot wrote:6 months ago I said (and got the ever present and super brave red mark of shame for)- how many of these deaths were going to die anyway?

As the statistics show, I, and the overwhelming majority of people have far greater concerns that threaten us both short and long term than COVID.

Yes. 100% of the dead that are included in the 180,000 virus deaths were going to die anyway, we should lower the virus death count to zero.

What statistics show the overwhelming majority have far greater concerns, short term and long term, than COVID?

I want the statistics.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:36 pm

I spent 3 days in the hospital on Kankakee after the birth of my son and other than nurses and doctors always wearing masks, there was little evidence of COVID.

One Doctor said to be skeptical of the hospital statistics. There is a difference between being in the hospital WITH Covid and in the hospital FOR Covid, but that distinction is not made in many statistics. He also said they are seeing increased cases of Strep Throat, which could be from prolonged wearing of unwashed masks.

An ER nurse who has worked 16 hour shifts 4 or 5 days a week said she personally has not seen a single Covid patient.

All 3 pediatricians during our stay said they are more concerned about the flu than Covid in children. They all said treat it like any other sickness in regards to our newborn.

Once again, do I trust my doctors and personal experience (known 17 who have been infected, 3 were mild to severely sick) or what I see in the media?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:52 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:6 months ago I said (and got the ever present and super brave red mark of shame for)- how many of these deaths were going to die anyway?

Yes. 100% of the dead that are included in the 180,000 virus deaths were going to die anyway, we should lower the virus death count to zero.

What statistics show the overwhelming majority have far greater concerns, short term and long term, than COVID?

I want the statistics.
Lowering the virus death count to zero is impossible when continue to blame deaths that were probably happening without it, right then and there, on it.

For about the millionth time, all odds are you have a far greater chance of harm or death doing a number of things than from COVID. Driving, taking prescription drugs (that the "experts" we're told to wholeheartedly follow continue to dole out) living in Chicago (or Springfield or Decatur recently) a whole host of things.

Your odds of death in a car accident is 1 in 103. Your odds of dying SOLELY from COVID is .02%.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:I spent 3 days in the hospital on Kankakee after the birth of my son and other than nurses and doctors always wearing masks, there was little evidence of COVID.  

One Doctor said to be skeptical of the hospital statistics.  There is a difference between being in the hospital WITH Covid and in the hospital FOR Covid, but that distinction is not made in many statistics. He also said they are seeing increased cases of Strep Throat, which could be from prolonged wearing of unwashed masks.  

An ER nurse who has worked 16 hour shifts 4 or 5 days a week said she personally has not seen a single Covid patient.

All 3 pediatricians during our stay said they are more concerned about the flu than Covid in children. They all said treat it like any other sickness in regards to our newborn.  

Once again, do I trust my doctors and personal experience (known 17 who have been infected, 3 were mild to severely sick) or what I see in the media?
I've personally known two people who tested positive. One was the coworker who never got sick and never tested positive again (false positive?) and another coworkers HS Sr daughter. She was fluish sick for 3-4 days but is fine now. Never left home. No one else in the family of 6 has tested positive or gotten sick despite very close contact to her.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:39 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:04 am

The link above shows 153,504 deaths from covid. The number i've seen most commonly thrown around is over 180k. I'm confused but no surprise there...
The 6% thing shows that there is a specific group at a high risk. Put in protections for that group. Do not shut down the world.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:26 pm

I agree with TPS. cheers
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I spent 3 days in the hospital on Kankakee after the birth of my son and other than nurses and doctors always wearing masks, there was little evidence of COVID.  

One Doctor said to be skeptical of the hospital statistics.  There is a difference between being in the hospital WITH Covid and in the hospital FOR Covid, but that distinction is not made in many statistics. He also said they are seeing increased cases of Strep Throat, which could be from prolonged wearing of unwashed masks.  

I've personally known two people who tested positive. One was the coworker who never got sick and never tested positive again (false positive?) and another coworkers HS Sr daughter. She was fluish sick for 3-4 days but is fine now. Never left home. No one else in the family of 6 has tested positive or gotten sick despite very close contact to her.

Same thing happened with my sister and her family. She had it, not terrible but had some symptoms, close contact with husband and 3 kids, they never contracted the virus and were tested 3 times.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:37 pm

Basically it is saying exactly what I head doctors say last week about hospitalizations.

Dying WITH COVID is not the same as dying FROM COVID but the overall statistics do not differentiate between the two which is very misleading.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Here is Faucci on the 6% bone you have picked clean...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180-000-plus-deaths-in-u-s/ar-BB18B8of?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

"That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn't die of Covid-19. They did," Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the program. "So the numbers you've been hearing -- there are 180,000-plus deaths -- are real deaths from Covid-19. Let (there) not be any confusion about that."

Last edited by Teetime on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:36 pm

tps wrote:The link above shows 153,504 deaths from covid. The number i've seen most commonly thrown around is over 180k. I'm confused but no surprise there...
The 6% thing shows that there is a specific group at a high risk. Put in protections for that group. Do not shut down the world.

I'm told that the CDC death count is always going to lag behind the actual death count for several reasons but the main one is that the CDC doesn't include a death in the total until they get a copy of the death certificate. The other total is from accumulating the data provided to each State's health board (often from County Health Departments) via website data gatherings on daily totals provided electronically. So the paperwork takes a few weeks to catch up to the reported deaths on the internet.

I would argue that wearing a mask, washing your hands and sitting over six feet from another table in an eating establishment does not qualify as shutting down the world. The education decisions are left up to local school boards as far as I can tell...not the Federal or State government. If you don't like your school board or how they have made decisions, vote them out.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:44 pm

As of Tuesday positivity rate is 4.3%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Teetime wrote:Here is Faucci on the 6% bone you have picked clean...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180-000-plus-deaths-in-u-s/ar-BB18B8of?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

"That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn't die of Covid-19. They did," Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the program. "So the numbers you've been hearing -- there are 180,000-plus deaths -- are real deaths from Covid-19. Let (there) not be any confusion about that."

How can they prove they died of COVID? People seem to like the argument that you cannot prove COVID didn't cause death so you include it as a COVID death?

For example, I had a co-worker had a father who had a stroke in February, before COVID started. He was on hospice for about 6 weeks before he died at the end of March. He tested positive for COVID a week or so before he died, so according to Fauci, it isn't the stroke that killed him it was COVID? He had a stroke before COVID so COVID did not cause the stroke but he died because of COVID. Yeah, that makes sense.

It's like saying If you have a sore throat and have a heart attack, it's the sore throat that kills you. You can't prove the sore throat didn't cause the heart attack.

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:The link above shows 153,504 deaths from covid. The number i've seen most commonly thrown around is over 180k. I'm confused but no surprise there...

I'm told that the CDC death count is always going to lag behind the actual death count for several reasons but the main one is that the CDC doesn't include a death in the total until they get a copy of the death certificate. The other total is from accumulating the data provided to each State's health board (often from County Health Departments) via website data gatherings on daily totals provided electronically. So the paperwork takes a few weeks to catch up to the reported deaths on the internet.

I would argue that wearing a mask, washing your hands and sitting over six feet from another table in an eating establishment does not qualify as shutting down the world. The education decisions are left up to local school boards as far as I can tell...not the Federal or State government. If you don't like your school board or how they have made decisions, vote them out.

you should listen to different people.
i went ahead and looked it up myself  
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/?utm_source=morning_brew#cases    
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
CDC | Updated: Sep 1 2020 1:22PM

ha, that's funny, you are either very disingenuous or very uneducated (hard to say knowing you are so smart)

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Why such a low number of tests in Illinois today? Half as many as we have been producing for the last month or so.

Is JB trying not get positivity to increase so he can put more regions under the mitigation rules that have failed on the Metro east area?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 pm

tps wrote:ha, that's funny, you are either very disingenuous or very uneducated

I don’t even know what disingenuous means, so I think I’m uneducated.

I’m probably both.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 am

tps wrote:
ha, that's funny, you are either very disingenuous or very uneducated (hard to say knowing you are so smart)

Are you capable of giving an opinion without including a backhanded insult? I am fairly tolerant of posters, but this is extremely tedious.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:07 am

OldTitan wrote:
tps wrote:

Are you capable of giving an opinion without including a backhanded insult? I am fairly tolerant of posters, but this is extremely tedious.

of course i am, but it is a two way street, and i consider it light hearted banter.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:15 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:31 pm

For Wednesday statewide positivity rate is 4.5%. Sangamon County positivity is 5.0%
Also Fauci said today that we should have a safe and effective vaccine by the end of the year. cheers
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm

And today claims she was set up...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Another potentially effective treatment, well at least until Trump says it works and the libtards attack him for spreading false information.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2770279
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next