Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 13 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by net Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:01 am

45 staff and residents at aperion health care in jacksonville have tested positive plus 155 more tests pending, almost doubling the current number of positive cases(58 as of wednesday) in morgan county.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:28 am

net wrote:45 staff and residents at aperion health care in jacksonville have tested positive plus 155 more tests pending, almost doubling the current number of positive cases(58 as of wednesday) in morgan county.

That is terrible news. I'm afraid that the end result is going to be similar to that of The Villas in Sangamon County. Most of Sangamon County's COVID19 deaths are from that one facility.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 pm

What is the point of wearing a mask if you're supposed to be 6ft apart at all times?

Asking more specifically about the restarting sports stuff.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:What is the point of wearing a mask if you're supposed to be 6ft apart at all times?

Because other people don't observe the 6ft rule.

For example...if I go to the hardware store every hot chick in there starts following me around and accidentally bumping into me.

In sports, the damn DTs are going to try and get close to my QB whenever he drops back to pass. My OTs are going to get right up in their faces to stop them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:What is the point of wearing a mask if you're supposed to be 6ft apart at all times?

https://footballscoop.com/news/every-coach-planning-to-re-open-their-weight-room-should-read-this-study/
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:05 pm

Teetime wrote:

Because other people don't observe the 6ft rule.

For example...if I go to the hardware store every hot chick in there starts following me around and accidentally bumping into me.

In sports, the damn DTs are going to try and get close to my QB whenever he drops back to pass. My OTs are going to get right up in their faces to stop them.
You can't do position specific drills.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:35 pm

595 new cases in Illinois today. We continue to move in the right direction while there are spikes in new cases in some other states.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm

The Governor canceled the State Fair. I don't have a problem with his decision.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Governor canceled the State Fair. I don't have a problem with his decision.

springfield hotels and restaurants may disagree with you. not to mention local attractions and gas stations and numerous other vendors.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:03 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The Governor canceled the State Fair. I don't have a problem with his decision.

springfield hotels and restaurants may disagree with you. not to mention local attractions and gas stations and numerous other vendors.

Oh I know Springfield businesses are going to take a hit. I don't think it's worth the risk given what we are seeing in some other states right now. Of course who knows where we will be at in late July. A lot of unknowns at this time.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 pm

I think the easy part is over. The next 12-18 months are going to be hard. Hard in the sense that we are going to have to learn to live with the virus. Everything about the way society operates is going to change.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:54 pm

I think at some point we're going to need another stipend from the Federal government. Many of the unemployed won't be going back to work any time soon. My daughter had to furlough 3 people in her group at the Hospital today and there are jobs still being lost in other industries too.
It will be at least Spring of 2021 before there will be a vaccine in the quantities necessary for most of us to obtain one. Millions of more people who are now working from home will end up working from home permanently. That means they won't be going out to lunch like they did when they went to the office every day. Like Delta said there are lots of changes coming.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:40 am

Our hospitals are so overrun with cases that they are laying people off? I understand being cautious but the fear that we have is starting to get out of hand. You are more likely to stay at home for a few days with this virus and never be more sick than a cold or flu, if at all. But yeah, continue to keep everything shut down and ruin millions of livelihoods but make sure to go out and stand arm and arm to protest for your beliefs, that's ok.

A positive test does not mean certain death, but if we are going to continue to live in fear, just cancel everything now instead of dragging us along. All of the so called experts, who have been wrong multiple times, say a spike and 500,000 deaths will happen by December, so just close up now. Cancel sports, school, funerals, weddings, medical procedures, business meetings, backyard cookouts, substance abuse rehab, and other events until 2021. What harm could it do? We simply can't risk the possibility of what may happen but we must completely disregard what may not happen.

As long as nobody else dies from this virus it will all be worth it. Don't worry, the government will make it all better, remember, they are the experts and have solved many a crisis, health care costs, mental health, race relations, inner city crime, national debt, corruption, just to name a few. The government has a great track record on solving these issues.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.". This quote explains most of the problems our nation is facing. Who can honestly tell me they trust anything the government is doing in regards to anything right now?

Oh yeah, and no spike from protests yet and numbers nationwide for deaths and positive cases continue to drop with the exception of a few not spots.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:14 am

dusty7 wrote: All of the so called experts, who have been wrong multiple times, say a spike and 500,000 deaths will happen by December, so just close up now.
If that's as close to the 2.2 million that were going to die from this first go around, we'll be real well off.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:37 am

The expert speaks again, story changed a little bit, again.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:53 am

dusty7 wrote:The expert speaks again, story changed a little bit, again.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Dr Fauci did say a couple months ago that he was sure that there would be a 2nd wave.
Also going back to your question to why hospitals are laying off people when they're busy managing a Pandemic that's not the case. Here in Springfield they've never been overwhelmed with COVID19 patients. On top of that people who need to have non emergency procedures done at a hospital are putting those procedures off for now because they're scared.
A couple weeks ago NBC was showing pictures of some of the people we've lost to COVID19. They were showing pictures of babies as well as kids under the age of 10 as well as middle aged people but only one picture of an elderly person. The majority of victims of this are elderly folks but that's not how it's being spun by the media.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:34 am

Big drop off in deaths in Illinois yesterday. Just. Few weeks ago the experts said we would be experiencing a spike.

A quote from a supposed expert basically saying they have no clue why new increases are happening.

“This virus is much more spotty,” said Arnold Monto, professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan School for Public Health. “It is so complicated that when people give you a simple answer to this, it’s probably not right.”

USA TODAY: Why are states seeing a spike in COVID-19 cases? Here's what experts say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/06/11/coronavirus-experts-explain-why-covid-19-cases-spike-these-states/5333309002/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:05 pm

672 new cases and only 19 deaths for Illinois today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:08 pm

I can't speak for all of Central Illinois, but after my trip to Lowe's yesterday and Walmart today, I'd estimate mask wearing to be about 33%.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:22 pm

I’d say that’s about the same in my neck of the woods.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:48 pm

Macon County currently has 1 person in the hospital for COVID.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:49 pm

If a headline said 100k people with serious health conditions died since March, would we as a country even bat an eye?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:16 pm

About the only place I saw everyone wearing masks was at the DMV and that was only because you weren't allowed into the building without one. They had an employee at the door and when they came outside to call your number, they said you needed a mask.

But every private business I have been to, mask use is way down. Not non-existent, but certainly down from a few weeks ago.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:04 am

went to county market in jacksonville saturday. i'd say 90% of us were wearing masks.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 am

I only go to the Microbrew in Jamestown TN. Saturday night was the most packed I've ever seen it. Maybe two masks? But lotsa social distancing... it's huge place with outdoor seating. Even the one-man band was outside.

We're headed to Nashville in a couple weeks. Be interesting to see how many people are masked downtown...

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next