Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm

ramblinman wrote:Of the roughly 1.85 million confirmed cases in the U.S., a total of 714,035 people have either been recovered/discharged or they have died.

With 106,582 deaths, that's a fatality rate of 15% of those confirmed cases that have been closed.
This lesson in creative mathematics to prove a point is brought to you by ramblinman and Debbie Downer.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:16 pm

ramblinman wrote:Of the roughly 1.85 million confirmed cases in the U.S., a total of 714,035 people have either been recovered/discharged or they have died.

With 106,582 deaths, that's a fatality rate of 15% of those confirmed cases that have been closed.

For every confirmed case there's at least 20 cases that haven't been confirmed. The real fatality rate is likely under 1%, probably not more than .5%. Unless every person has a serology test you just don't know.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Last year though, he was sixth in the American League in hitting right-handers he was facing for the first time...after the seventh inning...at home!
Movie?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Last year though, he was sixth in the American League in hitting right-handers he was facing for the first time...after the seventh inning...at home!
Movie?

Not sure but I'm guessing Major League
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:15 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Movie?

Wrong.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:05 pm

The Governor has declared several counties disaster zones, including Sangamon county so that they can receive additional support from ISP and National Guard in an effort to keep protests peaceful and eliminate the vandalism and looting we saw last night. Good job Governor.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Governor has declared several counties disaster zones, including Sangamon county so that they can receive additional support from ISP and National Guard in an effort to keep protests peaceful and eliminate the vandalism and looting we saw last night. Good job Governor.

prickzker is what is wrong with everything in il. he is the biggest jagbag ever. (besides my middle brother).

i think hp said i can call skies blue and kitties are cute and he'd get dinged. same thing.

he needs to be gone!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:13 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The Governor has declared several counties disaster zones, including Sangamon county so that they can receive additional support from ISP and National Guard in an effort to keep protests peaceful and eliminate the vandalism and looting we saw last night. Good job Governor.

prickzker is what is wrong with everything in il. he is the biggest jagbag ever. (besides my middle brother).

i think hp said i can call skies blue and kitties are cute and he'd get dinged. same thing.

he needs to be gone!

I'm reserving judgement for now but you may end up being right about him. I like his chances for a second term right now. Former Governor Rauner set the ILGOP back years and it will take them some time to recover. I don't know of any Jim Edgar's waiting in the wings to rescue them.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:38 pm

net wrote:

he needs to be gone!

If he is gone, I have no idea who the next best option would be. Not sure there are too many people clamoring to be the Governor of Illinois.

My biggest issue with him is the censorship and the lack of transparency with his press conferences. All of the questions are monitored and he has even removed some people from asking questions because they were stirring the pot. His COVID response and been okay other than grouping the entire state with Chicago, but from the outside, he looks very unwilling to listen to the people (unless you are an epidemiologist or science), and cooperate with others. Also, whether you agree or disagree with Trump, he uses every opportunity to bash the President which ultimately shows he is stooping down to the President's level and playing the Trump game.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 pm

6/1 Numbers: (Change Using 5/15 as a Base)
Illinois:
Total New Cases - 974 (-1,458)
Total New Deaths - 23 (-107)
Positivity Rate - 974/20,014 - 4.87% (-4.28)
New Infection Per Capita - 974/12, 500,000 -.0078% (-.0132%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 1,316 (-1,426)
902 of 3,793 ICU Beds In Use - 23.78% (-6.72%)
547 of 5,845 Vents in Use - 9.36% (-3.79%)

Wisconsin:
Total New Cases - 140 (-270)
Total New Deaths - 3 (-Cool
Positivity Rate - 140/3492 - 4.01% (-2.67%)
New Infection Per Capita - 140/5,822,200 - .00024%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 423 (+124)
136 of 1,395 ICU Bed in Use - 9.75% (-.29%)
320 of 1,271 Vents in Use - 25.17% (-.7%)

Looking at these numbers, Ramblin, you were correct that opening would result in an increase in positive cases for Wisconsin. These might not be the best numbers considering it is a Monday but even looking back, when Wisconsin saw their highest increases, they also had the highest days of testing, with the highest total number was 5/29 with 733 new cases, but they also test 12,389, which was the most they tested and resulted in a 5.4% positivity rate, which was slightly above their 7 day average of 3.9%.

The number of deaths did not increase significantly either on a daily basis. Lost 150 lives with a peak of 14 and a low of 0.

Hospitalization did not see a significant change in either in Wisconsin but Illinois has seen steady decreases for about 10 days now.

To me, the picture currently shows that the virus is still out there and social distancing probably staved off a large peak that would be difficult for our health care to system to handle, once again, you are correct on that. If a second wave is going to hit, I would expect to see that in 14 - 21 days after what we have seen transpire over the past few days.

Bottom line, our health care system and our leaders have shown we can adapt to a surge in cases and there is not 100% proof that a peak that we cannot handle is looming in the coming months and we must not fear the peak, our leaders and hospitals have shown we are more than capable of adjusting and adapting to the situation, regardless of if you agree with the methods or not.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am

I predict today's numbers for Illinois will be outstanding.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:57 am

OSUBucks wrote:

For every confirmed case there's at least 20 cases that haven't been confirmed. The real fatality rate is likely under 1%, probably not more than .5%. Unless every person has a serology test you just don't know.

I was simply providing the fatality rate for confirmed cases that have had documented outcomes. Just like there are more cases that haven't been confirmed, so must there more deaths due to the disease that have not been documented.

Can you cite a source for your statement that the real fatality rate is likely between .5% and 1%?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:03 am

Head Idiot wrote:I predict today's numbers for Illinois will be outstanding.

I predict that today's numbers will be impacted by the rioting in our urban areas of the past several days. Testing should be down.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

I was simply providing the fatality rate for confirmed cases that have had documented outcomes.  Just like there are more cases that haven't been confirmed, so must there more deaths due to the disease that have not been documented.  

Can you cite a source for your statement that the real fatality rate is likely between .5% and 1%?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/28/863944333/antibody-tests-point-to-lower-death-rate-for-the-coronavirus-than-first-thought
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:05 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Movie?

Little Big League

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

I was simply providing the fatality rate for confirmed cases that have had documented outcomes.  Just like there are more cases that haven't been confirmed, so must there more deaths due to the disease that have not been documented.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/28/863944333/antibody-tests-point-to-lower-death-rate-for-the-coronavirus-than-first-thought

Thank you. That's encouraging.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:04 pm

I just got back from the DMV. Getting permits for a couple kids. There was about 100 people lined up outside the door and approximately zero of them were practicing social distancing.

Coronavirus II - Page 8 Covid-blowing-a
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 pm

19delta wrote:I just got back from the DMV. Getting permits for a couple kids. There was about 100 people lined up outside the door and approximately zero of them were practicing social distancing.

]

Delt, what DMV was that?  Freeport?

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 pm

center wrote:
19delta wrote:I just got back from the DMV. Getting permits for a couple kids. There was about 100 people lined up outside the door and approximately zero of them were practicing social distancing.

]

Delt, what DMV was that?  Freeport?

Chadwick.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm

lefty120 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Movie?

Little Big League
Winner

Last edited by Head Idiot on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I predict today's numbers for Illinois will be outstanding.

I predict that today's numbers will be impacted by the rioting in our urban areas of the past several days.  Testing should be down.

All testing sites in the state were closed.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Somehow they came up with 1614 new cases. I don't get it.
I ran an errand this afternoon to the store. I had my mask on as always. The 2nd person I came across wasn't wearing a mask. Shortly afterward a store employee told him that they require a mask and the customer complied and went out to his vehicle to get it. A lot of people are acting out like this is over. We are on a downward slope but it's not over yet.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:54 pm

"An interesting side note; that's the 14th one-run game for the Tigers already this season. Tops for any team north of the Mason-Dixon Line, whose home games are not played in a dome.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:16 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Somehow they came up with 1614 new cases. I don't get it.
Now, that's interesting.

Doesn't do a lot to calm the reservations of the nay sayers.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:19 pm

AFSCME wrote: The raw outrage we see in the streets comes as a pandemic has needlessly killed more than 100,000 of our loved ones and more than 40 million Americans are out of work, afraid they won’t be able to provide at the dinner table let alone next month’s rent or mortgage….
This is from an email sent out by the union today.

I'm astonished by the political ploy of suggesting COVID was avoidable.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next