Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by OSUBucks Wed May 27, 2020 7:27 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
All is ignant hillbillies ain't t' ones who gots the problems wit infections.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-in-illinois/

On the Illinois hillbilly front, open the above link and scroll down about a quarter down the page to the graphic that shows infections per 100K of population by county.  Looks to me like this thing isn't just a Chicago area thing

Indeed it is not. It's a higher population density, higher minority population thing. Neither is a hillbilly thing.

If you had any knowledge of Illinois outside your Chicagoland bubble you could probably pretty easily notice that the only counties that even approach Chicagoland are the next highest population density and minority counties.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 pm

19delta wrote:We have already covered this, ad nauseum.

Yes we have, yet you keep bringing it up and I keep answering you. My answers aren't getting any different are they? So why keep bringing it up?

19delta wrote:People ARE spreading the disease. Yet, they are obviously not getting so sick that they are overwhelming hospitals. In fact, many of them are living their lives without interruption. There are probably millions of people who have or have had the disease but don't even know it. And they aren't requiring medical attention or dying in piles (you know, like the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic).

Again...I have asked you this on numerous occasions and you don't answer...if this virus is so serious and so deadly, why are there empty hospital beds? Ventilators lying idle? No mass graves or funeral pyres?

Must there be overloaded hospitals and funeral pyres and mass graves before you will sit up and take notice? Is that your pain threshold? I asked you yesterday how many deaths it would take for you to change your tune. You dodged the question like you always do.

Why are there empty beds and ventilators lying idle? Because of the very restrictions that you want to relax. We did flatten the curve. But, flattening the curve doesn't mean let down your guard. It doesn't mean business as usual. It means that we have begun to make progress in terms of mitigating the spread. If the restrictions have worked to mitigate the spread, why relax them at or near the top of the curve? Why not wait a while longer to ride the downward slope to substantially lower numbers?

I'll tell you why. Because you are weak and you can't take a few more weeks of sacrifice. Because you and folks like you want to let the people most at risk fend for themselves while everyone else who is at less risk engages in their own livelihoods and exercises their own civil rights.

People didn't die in piles when the 1918-19 pandemic first started. It took a while.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed May 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Head Idiot wrote:If you had any knowledge of Illinois outside your Chicagoland bubble you could probably pretty easily notice that the only counties that even approach Chicagoland are the next highest population density and minority counties.

I may be just a city slicker, but I can read a map. The map I pointed you to indicates that all but one or two Illinois counties are affected. Sure, maybe not to the same degree as Chicago, but it's there. It's there, and it has grown from zero not too long ago. Just hasn't grown as fast as in high population density areas. Time will tell.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 27, 2020 8:16 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:We have already covered this, ad nauseum.

Yes we have, yet you keep bringing it up and I keep answering you.  My answers aren't getting any different are they?  So why keep bringing it up?

19delta wrote:People ARE spreading the disease. Yet, they are obviously not getting so sick that they are overwhelming hospitals. In fact, many of them are living their lives without interruption. There are probably millions of people who have or have had the disease but don't even know it. And they aren't requiring medical attention or dying in piles (you know, like the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic).

Again...I have asked you this on numerous occasions and you don't answer...if this virus is so serious and so deadly, why are there empty hospital beds? Ventilators lying idle? No mass graves or funeral pyres?

Must there be overloaded hospitals and funeral pyres and mass graves before you will sit up and take notice?  Is that your pain threshold?  I asked you yesterday how many deaths it would take for you to change your tune.  You dodged the question like you always do.  

Why are there empty beds and ventilators lying idle?  Because of the very restrictions that you want to relax.  We did flatten the curve.  But, flattening the curve doesn't mean let down your guard.  It doesn't mean business as usual.  It means that we have begun to make progress in terms of mitigating the spread.  If the restrictions have  worked to mitigate the spread, why relax them at or near the top of the curve?  Why not wait a while longer to ride the downward slope to substantially lower numbers?  

I'll tell you why.  Because you are weak and you can't take a few more weeks of sacrifice.  Because you and folks like you want to let the people most at risk fend for themselves while everyone else who is at less risk engages in their own livelihoods and exercises their own civil rights.  

People didn't die in piles when the 1918-19 pandemic first started.  It took a while.  

And what have you sacrificed? Your arrogance and lack of empathy is jaw-dropping.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 pm

19delta wrote: And what have you sacrificed?

Do I have to quote Poopy to you again?

You have no idea what I have sacrificed. Nor will you. Ever.

So, what's your pain threshold? How many dead do you need before you will change your tune? You keep dodging.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 pm

ramblinman wrote:

You have no idea what I have sacrificed.  Nor will you.  Ever.

So, what's your pain threshold?  How many dead do you need before you will change your tune?  You keep dodging.

Right. Because you haven't sacrificed anything. You are sitting there safely and haven't lost a thing. So it's easy for you to sit in judgement of others.  

As far as a number goes, once again, context is everything. You ask a simplistic question and I refuse to give a simplistic answer. If I was about 20 years older, in poor health, and living in Cook County or NYC, I would be far more concerned than I am now. Unlike previous pandemics, Covid-19 seems to be highly localized in large, urban centers and, most importantly, seems to target elderly people, especially those with underlying health conditions. Until Covid-19 becomes a serious health threat to a wide swath of the human population across numerous demographics (like the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic), any talk about "numbers" is moot. Rather than crippling the American economy and destroying the lives of millions of people, I think a surgical approach involving quarantines for at-risk populations and selective shut-downs as needed (with government assistance provided to those who are affected) is the least intrusive and a far more effective strategy than a one-size-fits-all approach that devastates people who have far more to fear from socioeconomic dislocation than they do from Covid-19.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm

19delta wrote:
Right. Because you haven't sacrificed anything. You are sitting there safely and haven't lost a thing. So it's easy for you to sit in judgement of others.  

Says the guy who just judged me without knowing jack squat about me.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed May 27, 2020 9:33 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

So, what's your pain threshold?  How many dead do you need before you will change your tune?  You keep dodging.

As far as a number goes, once again, context is everything. You ask a simplistic question and I refuse to give a simplistic answer. If I was about 20 years older, in poor health, and living in Cook County or NYC, I would be far more concerned than I am now. Unlike previous pandemics, Covid-19 seems to be highly localized in large, urban centers and, most importantly, seems to target elderly people, especially those with underlying health conditions. Until Covid-19 becomes a serious health threat to a wide swath of the human population across numerous demographics (like the 1918-1919 influenza pandemic), any talk about "numbers" is moot. Rather than crippling the American economy and destroying the lives of millions of people, I think a surgical approach involving quarantines for at-risk populations and selective shut-downs as needed (with government assistance provided to those who are affected) is the least intrusive and a far more effective strategy than a one-size-fits-all approach that devastates people who have far more to fear from socioeconomic dislocation than they do from Covid-19.

Great post.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed May 27, 2020 9:36 pm

Well he did do a hell of a job removing those toilets. Rolling Eyes
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

Well, all I have to go on is the arrogant, judgemental, elitist, dickishness that is ubiquitous throughout your posts so yeah...I'm gonna roll with that! Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 27, 2020 10:13 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

That's comedy gold right there.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed May 27, 2020 11:07 pm

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...

I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

With the $600 weekly increase in unemployment some are bringing in more money to their households than they were working. Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales.

Some families of 4 just received $3400 from the stimulus while other families of 4 saw $0.

Some were concerned about getting a certain candy for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some have faith in God and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey.

Unknown author

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed May 27, 2020 11:11 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

100% correct! A one size fits all approach does not work for much of anything, especially this pandemic.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed May 27, 2020 11:16 pm

What happened to the rest of the thread?

Edit- nevermind, I see it.

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 27, 2020 11:24 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
So, how much longer do you think we should be in lockdown?

I don't know.  But, it makes no sense to me not to be in lockdown,

RM must still be collecting a check....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 pm

ramblinman wrote:Once again, I hope he is right.  You believe him, don't you?

Him, maybe. You, I don't believe.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed May 27, 2020 11:33 pm

2 More days to go

5/27 Numbers: (Change Using 5/15 as a Base)
Illinois:
Total New Cases - 1,111 (-1,321)
Total New Deaths - 160 (+30)
Positivity Rate - 1,111/17,179 - 6.47% (-2.68%)
New Infection Per Capita - 1,111/12, 500,000 - .009% (-.012%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 1,984 (-758)
1,031 of 3,729 ICU Beds In Use - 27.65% (-2.85%)
592 of 5,785 Vents in Use - 10.23% (-2.92%)

Wisconsin:
Total New Cases - 599 (+189)
Total New Deaths - 3 (-Cool
Positivity Rate - 599/9,731 - 6.15% (-.52%)
New Infection Per Capita - 599/5,822,200 - (.0001%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 436 (+137)
139 of 1,395 ICU Bed in Use - 9.96% (-.085)
318 of 1,273 Vents in Use - 24.98% (-.895)

Although there is an increase in the deaths in Illinois, Dr. Ezike stated yesterday and today that some of these deaths occurred over the Memorial Day weekend and may not have been reported until yesterday after 2:30 PM, which causes an increase.

Positive tests have increased in Wisconsin but pretty much at the same proportion as the total number of tests, but remember, the positivity rates don't mean anything to some people.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 am

dusty7 wrote:We don’t stop our lives at the threat of the flu, cancer, heart disease, which all have killed more since the beginning of this pandemic.

Perhaps you would live your life differently if you caught cancer and heart disease were highly contagious and you could catch them from other people.

[/quote]

First of all, this might be one of the stupidest comparisons that I have ever seen, you are comparing a disease that has been proven to be fatal to a very specific population to contagious cancer or heart disease?  Freaking ridiculous.  By the way, I am in fact a cancer survivor and I have had 2 family members, including my mother, die of cancer in 2020, and if it were contagious, which is stupid to even suggest, I would distance myself from others, but once again, you are comparing apples to oranges, which seems to be a trend with you.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 am

Here's more evidence about how many people are out there who test positive for COVID19 but are asymptomatic. As more evidence rolls in two facts emerge, that this virus is highly infectious but the fatality rate is very low, likely less than half of one percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/up-to-80percent-of-covid-19-infections-are-asymptomatic-a-new-case-report-says/ar-BB14GB3y
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Those hillbillies in Minneapolis need to learn about social distancing. Evil or Very Mad
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

Well, all I have to go on is the arrogant, judgemental, elitist, dickishness that is ubiquitous throughout your posts so yeah...I'm gonna roll with that! Laughing  

Go ahead and roll away.  Roll another one just like the other one for all I care.   I just find it brazenly two faced of you to call me out for sitting in judgement of others in the same effing paragraph that you judged me for not having sacrificed anything.  Obviously, sitting in judgement of others is easy for you, too.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 28, 2020 4:00 pm

dusty7 wrote:First of all, this might be one of the stupidest comparisons that I have ever seen, you are comparing a disease that has been proven to be fatal to a very specific population to contagious cancer or heart disease?  Freaking ridiculous.  By the way, I am in fact a cancer survivor and I have had 2 family members, including my mother, die of cancer in 2020, and if it were contagious, which is stupid to even suggest, I would distance myself from others, but once again, you are comparing apples to oranges, which seems to be a trend with you.

That is hilarious.  

YOU were the one who brought up other causes of death like heart disease and cancer etc.  YOU were the one who said we don't stop our lives for shut down for those things, which have killed more people that COVID19.  MY quite reasonable reply implied that YOU were the one comparing apples to oranges by suggesting that since we don't shut down our lives for more deadly diseases that we shouldn't shut down for something less lethal.  I simply pointed out that the more deadly diseases you listed were not contagious.   If they were, then we would be living our lives differently.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next