Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 6 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by 19delta Thu May 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Here's yet another example showing how full of shit Pritzker and the shut-downers are when they claim that everything being done to fight the virus is based on science and the best interests of public health:

https://week.com/2020/05/27/dmvs-to-reopen-in-illinois/

So, with all his finger wagging and admonishments over the past two and a half months about how dangerous and lethal this virus is, he's going to allow the DMVs to reopen? Has Pritzker ever BEEN to an Illinois DMV? Very Happy

I'm sure all those fees the DMV will be collecting starting on Monday has nothing to do with Pritzker's decison... Rolling Eyes
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 pm

19delta wrote:Here's yet another example showing how full of shit Pritzker and the shut-downers are when they claim that everything being done to fight the virus is based on science and the best interests of public health:

So, with all his finger wagging and admonishments over the past two and a half months about how dangerous and lethal this virus is, he's going to allow the DMVs to reopen? Has Pritzker ever BEEN to an Illinois DMV? Very Happy

I'm sure all those fees the DMV will be collecting starting on Monday has nothing to do with Pritzker's decison... Rolling Eyes  
Blah, you can't pack as many in as a church can, blah, science, blah...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:Here's yet another example showing how full of shit Pritzker and the shut-downers are when they claim that everything being done to fight the virus is based on science and the best interests of public health:

Blah, you can't pack as many in as a church can, blah, science, blah...

#Science

#Facts

#TopMen
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Damn...

J.B. sounds really optimistic! Him and ramblinman must be listening to different #TopMen! Laughing

From Pritzker's Facebook page:

It's official: Each of our four Restore Illinois health regions has hit our Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) health benchmarks for advancing into the next phase.
Because of your commitment to being #AllInIllinois, Phase 3 will begin tomorrow, May 29.
✔ 1. At or under a 20 percent positivity rate and increasing no more than 10 percentage points over a 14-day period
✔ 2. No overall increase — so stability or a decrease — in hospital admissions for COVID-19-like illness for 28 days
✔ 3. Available surge capacity of at least 14 percent of ICU beds, medical and surgical beds, and ventilators
Starting tomorrow, all areas of the state are eligible to reopen in accordance with Restore Illinois Phase 3 — including outdoor dining, outdoor recreation, manufacturing, retail, personal care services and offices, all with safety measures in place.
Our next health metrics calendar will restart tomorrow & run for the same 28-day period — meaning that regions meeting the metrics could move into Phase 4 possibly as early as Friday, June 26.
We'll all be watching the metrics closely in hopes we will move forward expeditiously.
As things open back up, it’s so important that we remain careful about continuing to wear face coverings, washing hands, maintaining 6 feet distance, wiping down surfaces, using hand sanitizer and other mitigations.
Let’s not move backward, but instead forward, together.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu May 28, 2020 7:37 pm

19delta wrote:
As things open back up, it’s so important that we remain careful about continuing to wear face coverings,wiping down surfaces
You know, despite those darn scientists pretty much saying those make no difference.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 28, 2020 8:12 pm

dusty7 wrote:2 More days to go

5/27 Numbers: (Change Using 5/15 as a Base)
Illinois:
Total New Cases - 1,111 (-1,321)
Total New Deaths - 160 (+30)
Positivity Rate - 1,111/17,179 - 6.47% (-2.68%)
New Infection Per Capita - 1,111/12, 500,000 - .009% (-.012%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 1,984 (-758)
1,031 of 3,729 ICU Beds In Use - 27.65% (-2.85%)
592 of 5,785 Vents in Use - 10.23% (-2.92%)

Wisconsin:
Total New Cases - 599 (+189)
Total New Deaths - 3 (-Cool
Positivity Rate - 599/9,731 - 6.15% (-.52%)
New Infection Per Capita - 599/5,822,200 - (.0001%)
New Infection 7 Day Average - 436 (+137)
139 of 1,395 ICU Bed in Use - 9.96% (-.085)
318 of 1,273 Vents in Use - 24.98% (-.895)

Although there is an increase in the deaths in Illinois, Dr. Ezike stated yesterday and today that some of these deaths occurred over the Memorial Day weekend and may not have been reported until yesterday after 2:30 PM, which causes an increase.  

Positive tests have increased in Wisconsin but pretty much at the same proportion as the total number of tests, but remember, the positivity rates don't mean anything to some people.  

Positivity rates mean something only when the number of people tested remain relatively constant.  To claim that lower positivity rates are signifcant success indicators during a period of days when the daily test count is anything other than constant or going down is a disingenuous argument.  If daily test counts are going up, or are fluctuating wildly from one day to the next, then the positivity rate going down is useful only to die hard open up apologists who will cite any downward data they can, no matter how flimsy, to "justify" their position.

"As of Wednesday, 413 coronavirus patients were hospitalized in Wisconsin. Fewer than 300 were hospitalized in early May."

"The state set new records for the largest single-day increases in coronavirus deaths, cases and tests Wednesday. Another 22 deaths were added to the state's count, bringing it to 539. The previous single-day high was 19, on April 4 and April 28."

"Newly confirmed cases in Wisconsin totaled 599, breaking the record of 528 set a week earlier. The state reported a record 10,330 new test results Wednesday, and the percentage of Wednesday's newly reported tests that came back positive for the coronavirus was lower, at 5.8%."

All of the above from here:  https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/05/27/wisconsin-coronavirus-hospitalizations-rising-wisconsin-marked-2-weeks-without-statewide-stay-home-o/5267618002/

Coronavirus II - Page 6 5ed01ffeac322.image

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri May 29, 2020 3:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri May 29, 2020 9:03 am

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri May 29, 2020 10:24 am

JUST IN: ABC looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH]

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 am

my 89yo mother has to get tested today. Crying or Very sad
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri May 29, 2020 11:03 am

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri May 29, 2020 12:38 pm

net wrote:my 89yo mother has to get tested today. Crying or Very sad

hope it turns out in her/your favor.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 pm

I hope your mother's test comes back negative net. Back in February my mom was hospitalized and they thought that she might only have a few weeks left. She has bounced back and is still with us but she resides in a nursing home now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 2:00 pm

ging wrote:

hope it turns out in her/your favor.

thank you.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

I hope your mother's test comes back negative net. Back in February my mom was hospitalized and they thought that she might only have a few weeks left. She has bounced back and is still with us but she resides in a nursing home now.

my mom's neighbor about 80 yds across the road thought she had diverticulitis, went to the dr and got a routine test. she's positive. my mother has been taking her food for the last few days. the good news is whenever my mom goes into her house she(neighbor) wears a mask.

my mom lives in the country. the neighbor 100yds to the west is my 99yo aunt(mom's sister). my mother takes her the mail and food everyday. so.........

and my mother was at my house on tuesday............................... Rolling Eyes

did your mother have covid? and now that she's in a nursing home, you can't see her. very sorry.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 29, 2020 2:15 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

my mom's neighbor about 80 yds across the road thought she had diverticulitis, went to the dr and got a routine test. she's positive. my mother has been taking her food for the last few days. the good news is whenever my mom goes into her house she(neighbor) wears a mask.

my mom lives in the country. the neighbor 100yds to the west is my 99yo aunt(mom's sister). my mother takes her the mail and food everyday. so.........

and my mother was at my house on tuesday............................... Rolling Eyes

did your mother have covid? and now that she's in a nursing home, you can't see her. very sorry.

There have been no COVID19 cases reported in mom's nursing home yet. We have been unable to visit mom since early March. I do talk to her on the phone regularly.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 29, 2020 2:51 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:JUST IN: ABC looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH]

JUST IN: The Daily Mail looked at weekly new cases rates for all states for this week as compared to last:  

Coronavirus II - Page 6 28973370-8369351-image-a-31_1590758931560

My brother lives in Arkansas.  He, and other sources, are telling a very different story.

Coronavirus II - Page 6 EY9uiBZXQAQDCaB?format=jpg&name=900x900

The hospitalization graph looks like hospitalizations haven't gone up much at all from their peak, right?  Until you realize how far down they were before they started to rebound recently.

https://katv.com/news/local/arkansas-sees-largest-single-day-jump-in-community-covid-19-cases

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-second-wave-coronavirus-1507288

The GOP Governor of Arkansas, which was one of the last states to shut down back in March/April, is now saying that a newer or higher peak may be on the way.  https://www.ksla.com/2020/05/26/watch-gov-hutchinsons-daily-covid-briefing-may/

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri May 29, 2020 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 29, 2020 2:55 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

There have been no COVID19 cases reported in mom's nursing home yet.

Hope it stays that way.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Hope she is negative.

Is she ill now? Or is the test precautionary?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm

1622 new cases today. At least we stayed well under 2000 every day this week. We're going to be out of this soon, at least the first wave.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm

an interesting study...
COVID19: A Controlled Study
In Colleen Huber by Colleen Huber, NMDMay 24, 2020
Lockdowns failed to reduce deaths in the US
https://colleenhuber.com/covid19-a-controlled-study/

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri May 29, 2020 4:31 pm

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri May 29, 2020 7:12 pm

good point, i'm not sure i believe the cdc numbers either.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Hope she is negative.

Is she ill now?  Or is the test precautionary?

precautionary but i'm not optimistic. thank you!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri May 29, 2020 8:32 pm

bars in jacksonville and here in virginia are very busy. i didn't go in(had multiple invites and saw you driving by texts) but i'm not ready. waiting for my mom's status.

mom got the call from cchd telling her she has to self quarantine, but 89yo ladies just don't get it. unfortunately she just doesn't get it. she's most worried about her hair. lol.

i could say more but don't want others to be in trouble.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next