Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 23 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:45 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Oh no. Red marks.

I should now issue a complete bullshit apology where I read a prepared statement without looking up and beg for forgiveness. I will then use social media to virtue signal every cause so that my brand will not be harmed.

5/5 eye rolls
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

FWIW, I never give you a -1 for a post that you direct at me.  I have given you several over the years when you have been a dick towards other posters.  Smile
No worries, that was more aimed at the stupidity of the +/- system.

What we need in the world is more ways to secretly dislike people while hiding behind a facade of love and acceptance. It's working so well for us as a whole.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:49 pm

I’m curious what everyone thinks about the fact that hospitals now have to report statistics directly to the White House instead of the CDC. Maybe I’m misunderstanding something, and I’m sure someone can help me if I am, but that seems like another dipshit move by the Trump Administration. I mean really...did Chuck Woolery make that suggestion?

lefty120
Bee-otch

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:51 pm

lefty120 wrote:I’m curious what everyone thinks about the fact that hospitals now have to report statistics directly to the White House instead of the CDC.  Maybe I’m misunderstanding something, and I’m sure someone can help me if I am, but that seems like another dipshit move by the Trump Administration. I mean really...did Chuck Woolery make that suggestion?  
Meh. Does it make a difference?

I mean, I've got a pretty good headache right now and I have a sore throat from sleeping with a fan on. Some states, I count as a COVID "case".

Maybe it's because of this- https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 pm

lefty120 wrote:I’m curious what everyone thinks about the fact that hospitals now have to report statistics directly to the White House instead of the CDC.  Maybe I’m misunderstanding something, and I’m sure someone can help me if I am, but that seems like another dipshit move by the Trump Administration. I mean really...did Chuck Woolery make that suggestion?  

Yeah it was a dipshit move by Trump. He definitely makes more than his share of those. He has shown that he's totally in over his head in managing this crisis.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:04 pm

After reading the article, I think the headline is a bit misleading. After reading the article, this was a move to streamline the process between the CDC and Dept of Health and Human Services, which thrnCDC is part of.

A few quotes from the article.
"The CDC, an operating division of HHS, will certainly participate in this streamlined all-of-government response. They will simply no longer control it."

Redfield indicated the change would not be detrimental, saying the new system would streamline the process, reduce duplication and the reporting burden on medical providers and "enable us to distribute the scarce resources, using the best possible approach," he said.

“Placing medical data collection outside of the leadership of public health experts could severely weaken the quality and availability of data, add an additional burden to already overwhelmed hospitals and add a new challenge to the U.S. pandemic response,” Dr. Thomas File, president of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, said in a statement.

I’m sure there was some politics in this move but the article title assume Trump will personally get the data with hope of manipulating it. The biggest complaint is the removal of National Healthcare Safety Network that tracks national bed use but is that really an essential metic for for a virus that is being experienced differently around the country? I think the State health departments would receive more timely and accurate data that would be of better use to those who need that information. The CDC is still involved but the title suggests they are no longer involved. This is the issue I have with the media. Most people will assume they know the story from the title without reading the article. The Dept of Health and Human Services has plenty of public health officials who are just as capable as the CDC officials as both entities are tied together.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/15/trump-administration-orders-hospitals-not-send-covid-19-data-cdc/5441730002/

Last edited by dusty7 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Unlike the CDC site, the HHS database gathering the COVID19 data will not be open to the public. Why the need for secrecy? Trump has been critical of his own experts in his administration since this crisis started so nothing he does would surprise me at this point.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:26 pm

I have seen nothing about the data not being open to public but I have seen quotes that it “could be less transparent” but not a definitive yes. I think there is enough reporting of the information at the state and local level that there is enough transparency at those levels for us to get the data we want and create our own opinions. Not saying this is a smart move on Trumps part or that I agree with it but the titles of the articles are misleading.

Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said “the data is still going to be shared with CDC.” He said Wednesday that there has been frustration over the CDC’s data reporting, but that the administration may have been better off fixing those issues within the CDC, rather than trying “to re-create the wheel.”

“I think they would have been better served probably investing in what CDC is doing and the CDC systems because CDC is a better repository for information,” he said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” “They have the scientific expertise to cull this data in a way that no other agency does.”

Dr. Bill Winkenwerder, who served as assistant secretary of Defense for health affairs under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2007, said the decision is a function of an outdated data reporting system that has been under-invested in for year. He said he doesn’t think it’s fair to characterize the decision as necessarily political.

“The key point is the HHS and the White House need this data quickly to coordinate a whole host of decisions that are not made at the CDC level,” Winkenwerder told CNBC. “The one-week lag that was described — that is a long time. Every day counts, so I can understand why they need and want that information.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/trump-administration-changes-its-process-for-collecting-and-reporting-us-coronavirus-hospital-data.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:41 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Meh. Does it make a difference?

I mean, I've got a pretty good headache right now and I have a sore throat from sleeping with a fan on. Some states, I count as a COVID "case".

Maybe it's because of this- https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

Maybe there isn’t a difference I guess...I’m just frustrated and tired of the constant appearance that there needs to be this cloak and dagger with the Trump Administration. And lay off Fauci for Christ sakes. The guys resume speaks for itself...and so does Trumps.

lefty120
Bee-otch

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Monmouth just made their Homecoming "virtual". It was supposed to be October 9-11.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Oh no, another 1,257 new cases in Illinois, the highest number in 7 days, oh wait, we set another record in number of tests with 43.006 which results in a 2.9% positivity rate.  Had 25 new deaths.

Overall hospital bed usage:
4/15 - 23,192 total, 1,454 COVID Patients, and 13,322 open beds
4/16 - 21,718 total, 1434 COVID Patients, and 13,152 open beds

ICU Bed Usage
4/15 - 1,757 open, 324 COVID patients
4/16 - 1709 open, 311 COVID patients

All regions below thresholds for staying in Phase 3, even Chicago.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Illinois continues to do a lot better than a lot of states. I'd like to see the positivity rate get down to 2% in another 7-10 days. It could just save our football season.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:01 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm

dusty7 wrote:Why is this even news?  I guess there isn’t anything important to report today.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEMneZK99vzhw5O9RWxSNG4IqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMJ_d7gU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Because we've elevated him to God like status for some reason?

If he ran for president he'd be up 10+ points on both candidates right now.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:08 pm

He's just a likeable guy who has served 6 Presidents but none like the guy he's working for now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:56 pm

1384 new cases in Illinois today and 43,692 tests, the most yet. Positivity rate from 7/10-7/16 is 3.0%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:14 pm

the number of daily deaths in illinois due to covid19 have been very low lately (like fewer than 50 per day statewide for several days in a row). i don't know much, but that has to be a good thing, right?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:28 pm

ging wrote:the number of daily deaths in illinois due to covid19 have been very low lately (like fewer than 50 per day statewide for several days in a row). i don't know much, but that has to be a good thing, right?

I would think so. Lots of testing going on now also.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:12 pm

1276 new cases and 46,099 tests, the most tests yet for Illinois today. Positivity rate for 7/11-7/17 is 2.9%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 pm

2.9% is too high, there is still the fear that those people will spread it to the rest of the world. The only acceptable number is 0%. Nothing will be like 2019 until this disease goes away completely, that's what the new standard seems to be.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:22 pm

dusty7 wrote:2.9% is too high, there is still the fear that those people will spread it to the rest of the world.  The only acceptable number is 0%.  Nothing will be like 2019 until this disease goes away completely, that's what the new standard seems to be.  
Until it is 0%. Then we'll have to be at 0% for ___ number of months. Which will then get extended.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:06 pm

If Trump wins the election, then we will need 0% of any illness for 6 months and we will need to constantly fear a possible occurrence of a new pandemic but the focus of our government will be an endless string of investigations into how Trump won, which would obviously be by stealing the election. However, if Biden wins, the trials of the vaccines will all show some level of success but most Americans will take a wait and see approach to getting a vaccine and those who don’t will be chastised and by 2021, we will forget all about the important progress that needs to be made in violent crimes, racism, you name it, just to focus on why the vaccine, which will likely be minimally effective.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 pm

965 new cases and 32,113 tests for Sunday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:41 am

10 new cases in cass over the weekend. it's really strange. the hd is refusing to release age and sex. lots of people are talking, speculating and upset.

bars were closed in virginia yesterday-that's really strange. they were open in chandlerville though.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:54 am

Our confirmed case was back at work this morning. 10 days after they confirmed he had it. That seemed weird to me.

We still have a number of people self quarantining because they came in contact with him. Seems odd the guy who had it is back to work and they're not.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 am

Head Idiot wrote:Our confirmed case was back at work this morning. 10 days after they confirmed he had it. That seemed weird to me.

We still have a number of people self quarantining because they came in contact with him. Seems odd the guy who had it is back to work and they're not.

Can't think of where right off the top of my head, but I heard someone talking about returning to work after his 10-day quarantine...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next