Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bears and Trubisky

+14
Bighitter11
tm
center
Horsefeather
19delta
newcom
OSUBucks
net
Teetime
Head Idiot
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
dusty7
tincup1215
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bears and Trubisky - Page 4 Empty Re: Bears and Trubisky

Post by 19delta Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Meh, if you play good enough defense, you can carry a mediocre QB for a 2-3 year run. To be truly great year in and out, you do need to have a great QB. The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Castle. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Rex Grossman. Peyton Manning his last season. The wonders of Nick Foles. The Vikings last year.

But after that 2-3 year run, the head coach is probably on his way to getting fired unless the front office brings in a legit QB. Denver does not have a good QB situation right now. Case Keenum appears to be regressing to the mean.
Outside Belichick and Payton they're all on their way to getting fired.

I'm not so sure about that. How about Mike Tomlin, Andy Reid, The Guys Who Coach the Rams and the Chargers, maybe the new Browns coach, Nagy. I think those guys are all safe mostly because they all have what appears to be a legitimate NFL QB.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Andy Reid's already been fired once. How many coaches has Phillip Rivers had? Tomlin is squarely on the hot seat next season. McVay loses Saturday and if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs next year, and I will be willing to be He Gone. I also think their QB isn't that good. A lot of really good talent can make an adequate QB look real good. Ask Dak Prescott.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Chuck Pagano will be the new Bears DC. IMO that's a solid hire.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:44 am

Yes...almost all coaches have been fired or eventually get fired. Even Belichick has been fired.

My point is that there are a lot of guys who have failed as NFL head coaches mostly because they took a job for a team that was not able to establish a consistent, legitimate presence at the most important position in all of pro sports.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:11 am

Few Super Bowl points-
1. If the future of the Rams lies solely on Jared Goff, they got problems.
2. What did Gurley do to get in that doghouse? I mean, if he's healthy, why such a limited workload? That was stupefying.
3. Man I was happy the Rams lost. What a bunch of jagaloons.
4. I don't know how anyone can argue the Belichick isn't the greatest ever. That was one of the most masterful defensive games I've ever seen. Their playoff run was surgical.
5. The Patriots need to draft a QB this year. Brady bas about 2-3 years at best left. Especially if Gronk calls it a career. A renewed rushing attack with Michel can prolong it a year though.
6. People calling that game boring is why I don't watch football with other people.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 am

Head Idiot wrote:Few Super Bowl points-
2. What did Gurley do to get in that doghouse?  I mean, if he's healthy, why such a limited workload? That was stupefying.
4. I don't know how anyone can argue the Belichick isn't the greatest ever. That was one of the most masterful defensive games I've ever seen. Their playoff run was surgical.
5. The Patriots need to draft a QB this year. Brady bas about 2-3 years at best left. Especially if Gronk calls it a career. A renewed rushing attack with Michel can prolong it a year though.
6.  People calling that game boring is why I don't watch football with other people.

It wasn't all Goff's fault but he didn't have a good game. If he wasn't a little late late on that one throw in the end zone or thrown a good ball instead of a wobbler he would have had a TD. On another occasion the Rams had a guy wide open for a walk in score but Goff didn't see him and threw to a guy who was covered. On the 3rd TD opportunity the WR dropped the pass. Despite Belichick's great defensive scheme the Rams could still have stolen that game if they had cashed in those opportunities.
Gurley was not near 100%, that's why he didn't play more.
Agree on Belichick being GOAT. This Patriot team does not have the talent level of a lot of their other Championship teams but Belichick made the most of his talent and won anyway. I don't think we'll ever see another collaboration in the NFL like Belichick and Brady.
That was an old school physical football game with great defense tonight. The Ram defense kept their team in the game but they were on the field too long thanks to their inept offense and they were fatigued late in the game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:49 am

I would not use the word "boring" but it certainly was not a well-played game, at least offensively, through the first 3+ quarters. Brady and Goff were not good. Brady snapped out of it in the 4th qt a little but Goff never did.

How the hell was Julian Edelman the MVP? It is absolutely ridiculous. Literally ANYONE on the Pat's defense would have been a better pick. Donta Hightower? Kyle Van Noy?

That defensive performance was masterful. That is just not supposed to happen in the modern NFL. Belichick is the greatest. It's not even an opinion. I would go as far to say that he is in his own zip code. No one else is even close, certainly not within walking distance.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:08 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Few Super Bowl points-
2. What did Gurley do to get in that doghouse?  I mean, if he's healthy, why such a limited workload? That was stupefying.
6.  People calling that game boring is why I don't watch football with other people.

It wasn't all Goff's fault but he didn't have a good game. If he wasn't a little late late on that one throw in the end zone or thrown a good ball instead of a wobbler he would have had a TD. On another occasion the Rams had a guy wide open for a walk in score but Goff didn't see him and threw to a guy who was covered. On the 3rd TD opportunity the WR dropped the pass. Despite Belichick's great defensive scheme the Rams could still have stolen that game if they had cashed in those opportunities.
Agree on Belichick being GOAT. This Patriot team does not have the talent level of a lot of their other Championship teams but Belichick made the most of his talent and won anyway. I don't think we'll ever see another collaboration in the NFL like Belichick and Brady.
That was an old school physical football game with great defense tonight. The Ram defense kept their team in the game but they were on the field too long thanks to their inept offense and they were fatigued late in the game.

1) He really struggles when they arent using play action. He needs to get alot better and McVay needs to get more creative or find a way to improve this aspect of the game because when the run game isnt working the play action pass isnt working.

2) He has to be hurt or somehow someway Jeff Fisher has to be back in Charge. This guy for a good chunk of the year was in discussion for MVP.

3) Didnt care who won or lost but I enjoy listening to people bitch about the Patriots so I guess im glad they did win again

4) He was 1 step ahead all night last night. This was a perfect opportunity with their offense not clicking to take them down and all he did was step up his game and take away everything from the Rams.

5) Def need to find his replacement. Should think about upgrading the weapons around him for the stretch run. Some guys that can go and make plays on their own on the outside. Seen some signs and throws of him slipping a bit this year.

6) Those complaining about the game are those who truely have no clue about football mostly Woman and Arm Chair QBs that are in their 40s still rocking their favorite players jersey at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am

Like Bighitter stated, I root for the Patriots only because I find the social media meltdown whenever they have success hilarious. I'm for the most part an offensive-minded coach, but I'll gladly take a game like last night's over the 54-52 (or whatever it was) Kansas City-Los Angeles game earlier in the year.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 am

OSUBucks wrote:
According to him, he was fine. At one point he was averaging over 4yds/carry. I think you probably should have at least kicked the tires a few more times. If you know Goff can't operate without play action, why not try to make the Pats honor it?

It was like McVay took Seattle's last play call of that Super Bowl and turned it into an entire game plan.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:59 am

wolverine55 wrote:Like Bighitter stated, I root for the Patriots only because I find the social media meltdown whenever they have success hilarious.  I'm for the most part an offensive-minded coach, but I'll gladly take a game like last night's over the 54-52 (or whatever it was) Kansas City-Los Angeles game earlier in the year.
People's reactions to the Pats winning are even more priceless. It's hilarious/disturbing how much people hate people who have success.

That game was a \"f\"ing nightmare, but our ADD/football stupid society ate it up.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:57 am

1) That game was a f'ing nightmare.
2) I was at BWW with my St Louis Rams jersey on and everyone there agreed with me.
3) The Patriots win entirely too much. And that name...what? the rest of us are unpatriotic?
4) Wait until Brady hears about Gisele and me. That will get him to retire.
5) Belichick had a system set up so that he was able to steal the play call even before the Ram's OC thought of the play.
6) I kept thinking....the Bears could have beat either of those teams last night.
7) I think it was Gurley's time of the month.
Cool The fact that HI wouldn't watch the game with any human contact surprises me very little.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm

1. Goff is a good QB but not an upper echelon QB. The Pats did a phenomenal job taking the run game away, especially on the edge, and made the Rams offense very predictable. It was the Bears who created the blue print in how to stop the Rams earlier in the season and all teams basically used the same scheme after that game.

2. He didn't look 100% to me but maybe it was just his lack of production is why the pulled him.

4. Belicheck is the greatest ever. Just the consistency in being successful for this long with so many different players. Has never been done and will never be done again.

5. Pats definitely need to find a QB but thier O-Line and Run game should be ok the next few years.

6. The game is what the Super Bowl should be. May not have been the most exciting offensively but seeing the adjustments the coaches made defensively on both teams and basically shutting down both top tier offenses pretty much for 4 quarters was fun for me. Also, the punters did a fantastic job of making almost every drive an 90+ in order to score.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 pm

It was a tie game in the 4th quarter. Good enough for me. Patriots Go on a drive Brady makes a clutch throw and great catch by Gronk. Rams respond by going down field with ease and then Billy B dials up that 0 Pressure and gets the INT.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Teetime wrote:1) That game was a f'ing nightmare.
2) I was at BWW with my St Louis Rams jersey on and everyone there agreed with me.
3) The Patriots win entirely too much. And that name...what? the rest of us are unpatriotic?
4) Wait until Brady hears about Gisele and me. That will get him to retire.
5) Belichick had a system set up so that he was able to steal the play call even before the Ram's OC thought of the play.
6) I kept thinking....the Bears could have beat either of those teams last night.
7) I think it was Gurley's time of the month.
Cool The fact that HI wouldn't watch the game with any human contact surprises me very little.
I watched it with my son. I just can't watch football with 90% of the people on earth. They know less than nothing about football.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:31 pm

SHG grad Bredan Daly is one of the defensive coaches for the Patriots.

It was probably his strategy that throttled the Rams on Sunday. Lets just cool it with the Belichick is the greatest of all time talk until we hear about Daly's role.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Teetime wrote:SHG grad Bredan Daly is one of the defensive coaches for the Patriots.

It was probably his strategy that throttled the Rams on Sunday. Lets just cool it with the Belichick is the greatest of all time talk until we hear about Daly's role.

He is their D line coach. I coached him and his little brother. He was my neighbor and my paperboy for a while. He got two Forest Gump photo ops in the 4th quarter.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:29 pm

While on the subject of former players- This kid was an all state O/DL for us on our 2011 team.  Great kid and one of those 5 or 6 kids you'll always be indebted to or are special to you- for me.  

https://www.wcia.com/ciliving/meet-2019-super-proposal-couple/1754815093

I was fast forwarding through ads and just caught a second of him and had to rewind.  My wife thought I was lying that it was him.  Pretty cool/crazy thing to happen during the game.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Rams HC McVay admitted the day after the game that he was out coached. He has a flair for the understatement. Son, you were taken to the woodshed by Belichick.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Rams HC McVay admitted the day after the game that he was out coached. He has a flair for the understatement. Son, you were taken to the woodshed by Belichick.
People will still fall all over themselves to hire guys who once had a beer with him. Look at the Cardinals and Bengals.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:37 am

So, if the Bears part ways with Jordan Howard, any thoughts on a replacement?

They don't draft until the 3rd round. Any hopes Bryce Love will still be lurking at that pick. I think he'd be a great pick up to go with Cohen.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 am

Id look at the free agent market right now and try to get back some more Draft Capital by Trading Howard.

Id look at Spencer Ware of KC who Nagy knows well as a short term bridge player at that RB position. Bears have to decide what to do with Amos and Callahan this offseason.

In the draft they should look to add young pieces to the secondary that can be starters in a few years. Another pass rusher should wouldnt hurt things either as well as a young OL to groom.

I dont think the Bears commit to the run enough to where they have to invest as much into that position now. They are in a position to win now and need to keep the pieces they have around or upgrade without subtracting another key piece.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pm

It's tough not being able to pick until the 3rd round and the Bears have some other needs too. If Miles Sanders from Penn State is still on the board then I'd be tempted.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:27 pm

The Bears have decided to part ways with embattled kicker Cody Parkey. Now they need to find someone more reliable. There's no guarantee, kickers are a fickle lot.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm

Boink.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content