Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what do the Bears do now?

+4
19delta
Doctor D
ramblinman
Teetime
8 posters

Go down

So what do the Bears do now? Empty So what do the Bears do now?

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Lots of smart people say thy ought to trade Fields for a first and a third round pick and take the Alabama QB with the first pick. They think Bryce Young will be better than Fields and they will get to reset the salary to year one on their QB as well as getting five years of a talented QB with talent around him.

Others say keep Fields and continue to build around him.

What say you?

Admin

Back to top Go down

So what do the Bears do now? Empty Re: So what do the Bears do now?

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:31 pm

Teetime wrote:Lots of smart people say thy ought to trade Fields for a first and a third round pick and take the Alabama QB with the first pick. They think Bryce Young will be better than Fields and they will get to reset the salary to year one on their QB as well as getting five years of a talented QB with talent around him.

Others say keep Fields and continue to build around him.

What say you?

Maybe Young will be better than Fields, and maybe he won't. Fields is a known commodity, with lots of upside potential, and I say keep him.

He made progress this year. He'll make more progress in the second year of the system and his third as a player.

I feel that they just need to surround him with a line that can give him time to go through his progressions and receivers who can run good routes and can catch. They can do that with the picks then can get by trading the #1 draft pick and through free agency.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime, Doctor D and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:41 pm

I think (and hope) ultimately they stick with Fields and trade the pick down for more picks. The pick has more inherent trade value. They can still get the DL or DE if they trade with Houston or the Colts.  There’s possibility to even trade down twice and still get Skoronski.

Previous regime left the coffers bare.  Gotta get better in most every area.  

I don’t think you’ll hear Poles make any definitive statements on the subject in order to maintain his poker face.  He should consider everything.  If someone completely blows the doors off with a trade for Fields, it might actually be the prudent thing to do, but personally, I hope that doesn’t happen.  Fields is the most exciting thing about the Bears in quite some time.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:23 pm

Trade the pick for Tom Brady.
😂
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:30 am

It sounds like the Bears will stick with Fields and trade away the #1 pick to a team that needs a QB. I agree with this, the Bears have a lot of holes to fill.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:14 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It sounds like the Bears will stick with Fields and trade away the #1 pick to a team that needs a QB. I agree with this, the Bears have a lot of holes to fill.

Since 2000, QBs have been #1 picks 16 times. QB is not a huge need for the Bears, and they need so much help in other areas that they need to maximize the potential of that top pick as much as they can. I say trade down to a team with a top five pick and then trade down again. Load up on picks as much as possible in this year's and next year's draft.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:48 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:It sounds like the Bears will stick with Fields and trade away the #1 pick to a team that needs a QB. I agree with this, the Bears have a lot of holes to fill.

Since 2000, QBs have been #1 picks 16 times.  QB is not a huge need for the Bears, and they need so much help in other areas that they need to maximize the potential of that top pick as much as they can.  I say trade down to a team with a top five pick and then trade down again.  Load up on picks as much as possible in this year's and next year's draft.

I’d love to see the Bears trade down twice, acquire firsts for 2023 and 2024. Then, if I am really greedy, whoever they trade with is terrible again next season, resulting in a top three pick. I can only imagine the kings ransom they could get with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye available.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Horsefeather likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:02 pm

The Bears have a lot of holes to fill. They used their 1st round pick last night on Darnell Wright, a tackle from Tennessee. This guy is a beast and I won’t be surprised if he comes right in and takes over the RT position.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ramblinman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue May 02, 2023 11:39 am

To repeat the original title line of this thread, so what do the Bears do now?   Since Tee started the thread back in January much has happened.  Now what?  What's the next big thing that the Bears need to address before the next season begins?

I'm liking the new additions through trades, FA, and the draft, but the Bears still have a pressing need for at least one more impact player on the DL, preferably on the outside.  That's where I would like to see them focus their efforts before too much time passes.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue May 02, 2023 12:28 pm

I tend to agree with RM here. Other than the QB, you could argue that in football today having an edge defender who can get after the QB is the next most impactful player.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

To repeat the original title line of this thread, so what do the Bears do now? Since Tee started the thread back in January, much has happened. Now what? If Poles were allowed only one more move to make before next season, what should it be?

I'm liking the new additions through trades, FA, and the draft. I especially like what they have done to protect and provide options for Fields. I do think, though, that their most pressing need is for an experienced impact player on the DL, preferably on the outside.

What would your one move be if you were Poles?

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Wed May 03, 2023 9:29 am

ramblinman wrote:To repeat the original title line of this thread, so what do the Bears do now?   Since Tee started the thread back in January, much has happened.  Now what?  If Poles were allowed only one more move to make before next season, what should it be?  

I'm liking the new additions through trades, FA, and the draft.  I especially like what they have done to protect and provide options for Fields.  I do think, though, that their most pressing need is for an experienced impact player on the DL, preferably on the outside.  

What would your one move be if you were Poles?

I'd agree with this assessment Ramb. I'd like to see at least one player with a bit of presence and experience on the edge. Or, another offensive lineman. You can never have enough good offensive linemen.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu May 04, 2023 1:56 pm

Horsefeather wrote:You can never have enough good offensive linemen.

So true, Charlie. Would love to see a stud at center. I'm not sold on Patrick.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 04, 2023 4:33 pm

I would have liked to see the Bears grab a top shelf receiver to play in the slot who could be a reliable guy to go to in those 3rd and 6 situations and keep the chains moving.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri May 05, 2023 9:17 am

Cant fill every need in one draft. I know everyone wanted a Center selected but the combo of Whitehair/Patrick will do for a year. Have a rookie RT, 2nd year left tackle and 3rd year player moving to 3rd spot on the OL. A little veteran leadership cant hurt.

Defensive End was also a need but a huge run on pass rushers happened early in the 2nd round. Id expect to possibly be addressed with one of their 1st round picks next year.

OSU Bucks I think they got that 3rd and 6 guy between Mooney and the Scott kid from Cincy. Big year for the WR room both Claypool and Mooney are free agents at the end of the year if they dont get extended. With full offseason for Claypool and both healthy they could wait until the end of the year to resign and let walk. Possibly draft a Marvin Harrison Jr.

Like what they are doing in Chicago. Should be much improved and really take that jump in 2024
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime, OSUBucks and ramblinman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down