Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bears and Trubisky

+14
Bighitter11
tm
center
Horsefeather
19delta
newcom
OSUBucks
net
Teetime
Head Idiot
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
dusty7
tincup1215
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Bears and Trubisky - Page 5 Empty Re: Bears and Trubisky

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:02 am

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am

My brother and I talked about this this morning. Even if Howard isn't considered a good fit for your offense, I would think you could keep him and utilize him, especially as he's still on his rookie deal. But, for once, most things the Bears front office have done over the last couple years have worked out.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:34 am

Running backs are a dime a dozen in today's NFL.

Wish they could have gotten more, but Pace has earned some leeway for a little while IMO.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:01 pm

Howard was a 5th round pick so, if he has a good season, they are basically getting what they gave up to get him. And, the added bonus, at least for Nagy, is that he got rid of a player he really didn't want.

Howard was due $2 million. That is asswipe money by NFL standrads. I think it is a mistake. I like Cohen a lot but he is going to get broken in half. And if Trubisky doesn't get better or even regresses, they are going to wish they had a proven, veteran back who is probably going to rush for 1,000 yards if he gets 250 carries. Also, this is the final year of Howard's rookie deal, right? How about keeping him around for the season? He is going to be highly motivated to have a great season. Why not let him do that as a Bear?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:32 pm

I would have kept him around. Delta makes some valid points. Cohen isn't a 3rd and short back that can get those tough yards and keep the chains moving. You have to limit his touches or he will be beaten up by midseason. Howard is a proven commodity. He's not a superstar but he is productive. The Bears don't have early picks but if Miles Sanders is around in round 4 I'd take a hard look. He's not a high mileage back because he played behind Saquon Barkley for two years. He ran a nice 4.49 at the scouting combine, sixth fastest among running backs and is the heaviest of the 3 backs that ran that time.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

19delta wrote:Howard was a 5th round pick so, if he has a good season, they are basically getting what they gave up to get him. And, the added bonus, at least for Nagy, is that he got rid of a player he really didn't want.

Howard was due $2 million. That is asswipe money by NFL standrads. I think it is a mistake. I like Cohen a lot but he is going to get broken in half. And if Trubisky doesn't get better or even regresses, they are going to wish they had a proven, veteran back who is probably going to rush for 1,000 yards if he gets 250 carries. Also, this is the final year of Howard's rookie deal, right? How about keeping him around for the season? He is going to be highly motivated to have a great season. Why not let him do that as a Bear?
They basically signed that exact back with Mike Davis. Had 500+yds in 112 carries in Seattle. He can also catch.

I just hope this doesn't mean Mizell plays that much more.

I would wager that Howard was pretty vocal about his lack of touches last year and the Bears decided to move on. They're not a franchise to put up with Antonio Brown or Leveon stuff.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:Howard was a 5th round pick so, if he has a good season, they are basically getting what they gave up to get him. And, the added bonus, at least for Nagy, is that he got rid of a player he really didn't want.

They basically signed that exact back with Mike Davis. Had 500+yds in 112 carries in Seattle. He can also catch.  

I just hope this doesn't mean Mizell plays that much more.

I would wager that Howard was pretty vocal about his lack of touches last year and the Bears decided to move on. They're not a franchise to put up with Antonio Brown or Leveon stuff.  

Howard is a pretty damn good running back. I don't really consider Mike Davis in Howard's company, at least not yet. Howard had more carries last year than Davis did in his first two NFL seasons combined. Davis is going to need to do more than just show up to replace Howard.

With that being said, I agree with what you said about Pace. He has been right more than he has been wrong. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Better to trade a guy a year too early than a year too late.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:34 pm

wolverine55 wrote:My brother and I talked about this this morning.  Even if Howard isn't considered a good fit for your offense, I would think you could keep him and utilize him, especially as he's still on his rookie deal.  But, for once, most things the Bears front office have done over the last couple years have worked out.

But what about your brother....what did he think?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content