Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 23 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:08 am

Fields did throw some nice balls and was nice to see them stretch the field. Like Dusty said though this is against the Detroit Lions. The defense really bailed them out with Redzone stops. How would the offense perform with more pressure on themselves. A-Rob still a no show this year and they got to get Kmet involved somehow. Mooney was Aweseome nice piece to build around moving forward.

Robert Quinn also earning his pay this season
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:15 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Fields did throw some nice balls and was nice to see them stretch the field.  Like Dusty said though this is against the Detroit Lions.  The defense really bailed them out with Redzone stops.  How would the offense perform with more pressure on themselves.  A-Rob still a no show this year and they got to get Kmet involved somehow.  Mooney was Aweseome nice piece to build around moving forward.

Robert Quinn also earning his pay this season

Is this a contract year for Quinn?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 am

No he still has 3 years left on his deal. Scheduled for a 16 Million dollar Cap hit next year. Could cut next year and save 6.7 Million with a 9 million cap hit or Cut after June 1st and save 13 million with only a 3 million dead cap hit.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Fields gets first win as a starter as Bears defeat Lions 24-14. He was 11-17 for 209 yards and had five completions of 20+ yards. He did a decent job managing the game and will only get better with more experience.  I’m still not optimistic going forward looking at that schedule.

It was against the Lions.  That is all I have to say.  

Thank God the Lions are what we thought they were.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 am

Montgomery expected to be out 4-5 weeks with knee injury. That’s going to hurt.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm

And the Bears give away another draft pick.. this time for a returner. Stupid stupid stupid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32342863/miami-dolphins-agree-trade-wr-jakeem-grant-chicago-bears-23-pick
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:05 pm

The Bears need a 3rd receiver to emerge behind Robinson & Mooney. I don’t know how it will work out but that has a lot to do with why the Bears made the move IMO. Grant did put the ball on the ground more than you would like while at Miami.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:00 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Bears need a 3rd receiver to emerge behind Robinson & Mooney. I don’t know how it will work out but that has a lot to do with why the Bears made the move IMO. Grant did put the ball on the ground more than you would like while at Miami.

So they must not trust the current staff to develop the talent they have. Robinson has been a non factor and there are 6 or 7 other WRs on the roster and none of them are a possible 3rd option? That is both shitty coaching and shitty drafting. Instead of developing what you have you waste another draft pick on Stone Hands from Necessary Roughness.

We fans wonder why it has gotten so bad and this is the perfect example. Rather than giving up a draft pick why not give away 2 or 3 of the WRs who aren’t good enough to be on the field anyway and save the draft pick?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 pm

I totally get what you’re saying. It’s either not good talent evaluating or a coaching failure to develop that talent or a combination of both. Not only that but they have some potential issues next year with unrestricted free agents and salary cap space. Among the UFA’s are Akiem Hicks and Roquan Smith. Hicks still is a player with a lot of value and Smith is their best player on the D.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:53 am

OSUBucks wrote:I totally get what you’re saying. It’s either not good talent evaluating or a coaching failure to develop that talent or a combination of both. Not only that but they have some potential issues next year with unrestricted free agents and salary cap space. Among the UFA’s are Akiem Hicks and Roquan Smith. Hicks still is a player with a lot of value and Smith is their best player on the D.

One of the issues the organization has is they seem to go all in for a 2 or 3 year window then completely screw up the future for 5-8 years. Just like a HS program that is solely focused on one or two classes that there is little focus on development of the lower levels.

An organization wins a championship not just the team and the Bears do not have a championship organization. They are ok with making the playoffs and getting the extra revenue from that game. Ownership does not have Super Bowl aspirations.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:39 am

^^^
100% the above.

Bears problems are organizational. Top down type stuff. Definitely a common thread between unsuccessful sports franchises.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Nagy announced that Fields is the starting QB going forward. I hope he can get thru the season without getting hurt. They have some good teams on their schedule and the pass protection leaves something to be desired.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:53 am

I wrote the following in this thread back in March before the NFL draft:

"why not just stick with Trubisky and Foles and save themselves $7.5 million in salary next year? Trubisky signed a one year deal for $2.5 million with the Bills, and Dalton's one year deal with the Bad News Bears will pay him $10 million.

Is Dalton really $7.5 million better than Mitch? Time will tell. Hope he gets the same kind of O-line that Mitch had so we can have a true apples to apples comparison."

Now they are spending $10 million for a second string QB that they picked up as insurance. Was Trubisky that bad that they couldn't have paid him $2.5 million to stand on the sideline?

Talk about a clown show.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Doctor D and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Bears beat the Raiders 20-9 on the road. Bears used a conservative offensive game plan and a stout defense to get the win. Bears are a surprising 3-2 but have Green Bay next week.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:15 pm

I am surprised by the win. Good things happen when an HC acts as an HC and not a coordinator. Better overall decisions in all facets of the game and no stupid delay of game penalties that have plagued quality drives. Defense played better than I expected but I do not think the Raiders are really that good.

Worried about Fields being able to withstand the hits and maintain his health throughout the season. He may have handled it last year at OSU but that wasn't 17 games.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:34 pm

dusty7 wrote:I am surprised by the win.  Good things happen when an HC acts as an HC and not a coordinator.  Better overall decisions in all facets of the game and no stupid delay of game penalties that have plagued quality drives.  Defense played better than I expected but I do not think the Raiders are really that good.

Worried about Fields being able to withstand the hits and maintain his health throughout the season.  He may have handled it last year at OSU but that wasn't 17 games.  

If the Bears can stack some wins, it will be really hard for Nagy to not take play calling duties back. He needs it to be about him.

I hope Pace takes that choice away from him.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:46 pm

Bears fall to the Packers 24-14. The Bear D wasn’t that bad only giving up 24 to Rodgers and a good offensive team. Fields had a few good moments but overall I wasn’t impressed with his performance. Particularly in the 1st half he didn’t show good vision downfield. Hopefully with more playing time the game will slow down for him.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:57 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears fall to the Packers 24-14. The Bear D wasn’t that bad only giving up 24 to Rodgers and a good offensive team. Fields had a few good moments but overall I wasn’t impressed with his performance. Particularly in the 1st half he didn’t show good vision downfield. Hopefully with more playing time the game will slow down for him.

All of the reps now will pay off on the future. The D was impressive on the 1st drive after that Jones and Rodgers had their way with them.

If I had to guess, Lazor was calling plays in the 1st and 4th and Nagy in the 2nd and 3rd because they is when they actually moved the ball. What in the hell was the last series of the 2nd quarter?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 am

Aaron Rodgers owns the Bears.

Just ask him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:53 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears fall to the Packers 24-14. The Bear D wasn’t that bad only giving up 24 to Rodgers and a good offensive team. Fields had a few good moments but overall I wasn’t impressed with his performance. Particularly in the 1st half he didn’t show good vision downfield. Hopefully with more playing time the game will slow down for him.

Is it me or is Fields not throwing quickly enough when he drops back or rolls out? I haven't reviewed any time to throw stats, but this is just my gut saying that he is holding on to the ball for too long. Either he isn't finding an open receiver or there are no open receivers as he is going through his options. I suppose his decision making on what constitutes an open receiver could also be an issue.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:What in the hell was the last series of the 2nd quarter?

Fugly.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Is it me or is Fields not throwing quickly enough when he drops back or rolls out?  I haven't reviewed any time to throw stats, but this is just my gut saying that he is holding on to the ball for too long.  Either he isn't finding an open receiver or there are no open receivers as he is going through his options.  I suppose his decision making on what constitutes an open receiver could also be an issue.  

Good observation. He was good at OSU but my biggest critique on him while he was there was sometimes he held the ball too long. Sometimes he took unnecessary sacks as a result.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm

So Nagy has tested positive for Covid and presumably will be away from the team for a while. Maybe someone else running the team next week will be a good thing.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:47 pm

OSUBucks wrote:So Nagy has tested positive for Covid and presumably will be away from the team for a while. Maybe someone else running the team next week will be a good thing.

I will definitely be taking the Bears vs SF next week.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Sure seems like Fields is getting a free pass for sucking worse than Mitch right now.....
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

ramblinman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next