Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 24 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by OSUBucks Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Sure seems like Fields is getting a free pass for sucking worse than Mitch right now.....

Fields played poorly against Tampa Bay. I expected a tough game for him against the defending champs with his weak pass protecting OLine but it was even worse than I expected.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:15 pm

Bears fall to 49ers 33-22. The Bears D was gashed in both the run and pass the second half. Fields actually had a good game going 19-27 for 175 and 1 TD. He also ran for 103 yards and a score.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:35 pm

The Bears are just not a good football team to begin with. Then add in missing a few key players on defense and an inadequate offense and you get the result you saw on Sunday. Fields is making strides, which is all you can hope for, but overall as a team they are a sub-par team, 7-10 as I have stated in previous posts.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:35 pm

The Bears were flagged for 12 penalties for 115 yards last night. Pittsburgh 5-30. One penalty in particular really caught my attention. A Bear player walking off the field. As he’s walking by the official the official sticks his hip out just enough to draw slight contact with the player then promptly throws his flag on the player for touching an official. That ref should be suspended.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:17 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:51 pm

I don't remember the last time I screamed at my TV like I did last night.

After two or three "lined up in the neutral zone" calls against the Bears they just kept right on lining up in the neutral zone. Time after time after time. It was crazy. I lost my voice.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:53 pm

If the Bears would have scored more than 3 points in the 1st half, the officiating wouldn't have been a factor.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:21 pm

Nm
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:03 pm

There’s some buzz out there that Leslie Frazier, a member of the 85’ Bears and current DC of the Buffalo Bills, will be the next HC of the Bears. Regardless of who the coach is they need to rebuild the OLine before they can expect to get back to the playoffs.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 pm

Maybe all of us Turksters should make a call up to Halas Hall and offer up our coaching skills pro bono.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32882992/all-chicago-bears-coordinators-covid-19-protocols-coach-matt-nagy-says

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Let’s do it. I’ll take the OLine. I’ll teach those guys how to hold without getting caught. 😉
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 am

A good buddy of mine and I have had the stance for a great many years that the NFL and College guys are no different than us high school guys...they just may have had a few different connections at the beginning of their careers to get them where they currently are. On pretty much every Saturday and Sunday during the fall, he and I text the same message back and forth. Between poor game management to concepts that simply make no sense, I think the dudes on this board would have a heck of a shot to make the Bears better...and have a ton of fun doing it!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 am

lefty120 wrote:A good buddy of mine and I have had the stance for a great many years that the NFL and College guys are no different than us high school guys...they just may have had a few different connections at the beginning of their careers to get them where they currently are.  On pretty much every Saturday and Sunday during the fall, he and I text the same message back and forth.  Between poor game management to concepts that simply make no sense, I think the dudes on this board would have a heck of a shot to make the Bears better...and have a ton of fun doing it!

I agree with this statement 100%. There are very few great coaches in the CFB and NFL. I bet the best coaches you see are at the DII, DIII, and NAIA colleges. Those guys can coach.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:02 pm

The points raised by the previous posters make sense to me. My thinking is that some of these guys are really good when it comes to being interviewed. They know the right buzzwords to use to impress the interviewer. You would think that at the NFL level these coaches would be the best of the best That is not the case.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:37 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The points raised by the previous posters make sense to me. My thinking is that some of these guys are really good when it comes to being interviewed. They know the right buzzwords to use to impress the interviewer. You would think that at the NFL level these coaches would be the best of the best That is not the case.

If you want to see the best coaching possible my suggestion is to watch the College Bowl Games. This past Saturday is one of my favorite days of the year because of the Bowl Games. These teams only had a few weeks to prepare and the adjustments you see from drive to drive are always amazing to me. Kids play their tails off and the coaches do all that they can win. I know people knock on the bowl games because the lack of the crowd and what not but I really think it is some of the best coaching you see. For example, take UAB, the program was shut down a few years ago but won conference USA in 18, 20, and Bowl appearances in 17, 18, 19, and 21. That's coaching right there.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Its a shame the Bears switched back to Mitch last year to end the season. They were going to be picking in the Top 10 and could of got Fields without trading away this years pick which is looking more and more like possible Top 5 everyday. I hate ND but id take the FS from there and send Eddie J on his way if they still had the pick. Things are about to get real interesting in the front office for the Bears cant wait to see how it all plays out.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:17 pm

We all know that the Bears aren’t a good team. One thing I’ve noticed during this losing streak though is that there isn’t a lack of effort by the players. Today the Bears come from behind at Seattle on a snowy field to win 25-24. Bears score in the final minute and go for two for the win. As tough as this season has been it almost feels like a playoff game win.
I imagine that the Bears will clean house with the coaching staff as well as management once the season is over.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 pm

Who thinks the Beats will look at the last two weeks and extend Nagy and Pace?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:Who thinks the Beats will look at the last two weeks and extend Nagy and Pace?

I think it is a possibility for 2 reasons. First, regardless of the dearth of talent on the roster, the team has played hard the last few weeks. They don't look like a typical 10-loss team just playing out the string. That probably counts for something. Second, the entire Bears football operation needs to burned down. The ashes need to be buried in a deep hole and then the hole needs to be covered in about 3 feet of concrete. Then the football operations need to be built from scratch. The people currently in charge don't even know where to begin. It's probably easier for the McCaskey Lucky Sperm Club members who make the decisions to simply bring back Pace and Nagy than it is to the do the hard work of establishing an actual, functioning football operations department.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:42 pm

19delta wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Who thinks the Beats will look at the last two weeks and extend Nagy and Pace?

I think it is a possibility for 2 reasons. First, regardless of the dearth of talent on the roster, the team has played hard the last few weeks. They don't look like a typical 10-loss team just playing out the string. That probably counts for something. Second, the entire Bears football operation needs to burned down. The ashes need to be buried in a deep hole and then the hole needs to be covered in about 3 feet of concrete. Then the football operations need to be built from scratch. The people currently in charge don't even know where to begin. It's probably easier for the McCaskey Lucky Sperm Club members who make the decisions to simply bring back Pace and Nagy than it is to the do the hard work of establishing an actual, functioning football operations department.

I agree with you but I honestly think some changes will be made.  The Giants are a bad football team and the Vikings were decimated due to COVID.  Change will happen but all of the hires will be mediocre or they will underperform based on the expectations of the fans.  A total rebuild from the ground bup needs to happen and that will take years. Use KC, Buffalo, Rams, Comcy, or hell even Miami as your examples on how to rebuild.  Whether bit takes years or decades, it needs to be done.  

New management, new coach, new stadium, and they will be a top tier franchise by 2030, but I bet they find a way to screw it up.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:02 am

I’m hearing Nagy is gone for sure and front office changes are a good possibility. The Trubisky fiasco alone really set this team’s fortunes back. When healthy Mack can be great but we’re still paying the price with all those lost draft picks.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:18 pm

I read and saw alot of stuff after the Bears Giants game about the Mike Glennon signing alone was enough reason to fire Pace. While it didnt work out the Glennon signing was far from the worst transaction by Pace. Glennon signed a 3 year 45 Million dollar contract with 18 million guaranteed. He was nothing more if he panned out than a Gap QB as they looked for another. He wasnt the answer and they moved on from him the following year with any major hits against the cap.

One can argue with his lack of production and ability to stay on the field that Khalil Mack was an awful signing. The guy has been a shell of himself since 2018 and will carry a 30 million cap hit for next year.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:29 pm

What if you have to keep Pace in order to get Sean Payton?

If it were up to me, I would tell Pace, of you want to keep your job as a Bear, you will get us Payton, if not , sayonara.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:40 am

dusty7 wrote:What if you have to keep Pace in order to get Sean Payton?

If it were up to me, I would tell Pace, of you want to keep your job as a Bear, you will get us Payton, if not , sayonara.

I would not find that particularly exciting unless Payton has a time machine and can go back and get Drew Brees circa 2011 and bring him with to Chicago.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:23 am

Payton would be nice but will cost too much to get him. Bears cant afford to give away any more future assets. They have gone defensive in 6 of last 8 HC hires. I like what Desei (sp) has done on defense this year and you know what would help their numbers even more....an offense that can keep them off the field.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next