Post by tincup1215 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:52 pm

um... this is pretty good so far.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Re: Bears and Trubisky

Post by dusty7 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Playing devil's advocate but they beat a Bucs team who was coming off a short week.

However, he looked better than he has all season but the other 10 looked better as well. Very impressed with the defense. . Hopefullyp this thing rolling.
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm

He threw 6 TDs against an NFL defense. I'm already super bowl shuffling over here
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:27 am

I'll take it.......they beat a team that beat both New Orleans and Philadelphia....as far as short weeks,the Bears won on the road after a Monday night game.Any win in the NFL is appreciated.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:01 am

All season long, I've been telling people to give this guy time.  I wasn't going to get bent out of shape over his looking ineffective early on, and neither am I going to hop on the Trubisky bandwagon because of an outlier performance.  He needs to demonstrate consistency and that can only happen over time.

Last week at Edgy's, I wrote:  
Trubisky has not impressed, but I'm willing to cut him a lot more slack. His top two receivers and his TE are off season free agent signings. He has had all of three full regular season games with them. Give them some more time together, and let's see if they start to click.
My biggest beef with the Bears? They need to give Cohen more touches. He is averaging 7 yards per catch and 6 per carry in very limited usage through the first three games.

Glad to see the Bears coaching brain trust reading Edgy and taking my advice about Cohen.  Wink   Yesterday, the Bears basically doubled his rushing carries from the first three games.  They also targeted him more frequently yesterday.  Half of his receptions this season came yesterday. Results? 174 yards from scrimmage and a TD. He has been targeted 16 times this season, caught 14, and is averaging 12 yards per reception. Hope they find more ways to include him in their game planning.
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:14 pm

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the Bears play the past couple games. They showed flashes in Weeks 1,2 and 3, but seemed to put it all together yesterday. I would hope they can keep it going, but being a Bears fan, it will be really hard to get me too excited. I've seen this movie before.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Are you guys talking about the CHICAGO Bears?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm

i'm not.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:35 am

It's too early for me to get on the Bear bandwagon yet. The Bear Defense looks legit. Khalil Mack is a monster. Bear opponents have to game plan for him. That creates more opportunities for others.
As far as Trubisky goes he is a work in progress and has a ways to go. You have to remember that he didn't start very many games in college, 13 starts in his college career. With more experience he could develop into what I would call a good NFL QB. There are times in which he misses throws that are pretty much automatic for a good NFL QB. Last Sunday he had a big game. The Tampa Bay secondary was depleted Sunday and there were some miscommunications back there. Trubisky made one TD throw in the left corner of the end zone which was a beauty in a tight window. The rest were pretty much to guys that were wide open. Let's see how it goes the next few games.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Never got off bandwagon....lifelong Bears fan...and Sox fan...and Hawks fan...thru good times and bad....lot of bad in my lifetime...lol

Just glad it's fun to watch a Bears game on Sundays again.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:49 pm

There's our Bears.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Head Idiot wrote:There's our Bears.

Yep, I thought the same thing. They run the ball 3 straight times in OT to set up a potential game winning 53 yard FG. Given the field position and two minutes left I figured Miami would win if he missed that kick and that's what happened. I think the TD that was nullified because the Bears were called for picking the defender was kind of a crappy call though. I wish the NFL would reexamine that one. I see worse examples than that one today which are not called. The refs miss it as often as not.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:There's our Bears.

Yep, I thought the same thing. They run the ball 3 straight times in OT to set up a potential game winning 53 yard FG. Given the field position and two minutes left I figured Miami would win if he missed that kick and that's what happened. I think the TD that was nullified because the Bears were called for picking the defender was kind of a crappy call though. I wish the NFL would reexamine that one. I see worse examples than that one today which are not called. The refs miss it as often as not.

I agree, it was a pretty bad call that you see all the time at all levels of football. However, I would not say that was the difference in the game. The Dolphins were basically handing the game to the Bears and the Bears didn't take advantage. The Bears never play well away from home but I look for them to continue to improve after this set back.
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm

dusty7 wrote:
I agree, it was a pretty bad call that you see all the time at all levels of football.  However, I would not say that was the difference in the game.  The Dolphins were basically handing the game to the Bears and the Bears didn't take advantage.  The Bears never play well away from home but I look for them to continue to improve after this set back.  
Very well could be just a bump in the road game in a hot environment against a QB you didn't prepare for.

But it was just frustrating to watch the same stupid mistakes, uninspired play, questionable calls and overall ineptitude that has been the hallmark of this franchise for about the last decade.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:24 am

What Head-Idiot said. cheers
That's 2 games they have given away on the road. Does not bode well for a "playoff" team. Twisted Evil
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 am

I'll take an OT loss on the road over watching ANY game with Cutler and Fox at the helm.
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm throwing far fewer things at the TV while watching the Bears this year.Hell,I'm even watching more than a quarter of the game these days.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:32 pm

IDK. If they were really bad, I just didn't watch them. I'd almost prefer that than being teased into watching them and then have them choke away 5-6 opportunities to put the game away. The Cohen fumble was my final straw last Sunday.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Sure....blame the jew.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:21 am

How about those Bears. Still waiting for that other shoe to fall though...

Is it just me, or does anyone else really enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers whine and overy react every play of every week?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:53 am

I thought you already had “your final straw” with regard to the Bears?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:57 am

Teetime wrote:I thought you already had “your final straw” with regard to the Bears?
I did, but I think I'm an addict.

Plus, it's a good distraction from my professional dilemma.

Have a friend who is a BIG Lions fan and I was going to see him Friday at Champaign. Fully planned on wearing as much Bears stuff as I have to annoy him. It was then I realized that I haven't bought a Bears T-shirt since 2007.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:08 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:I thought you already had “your final straw” with regard to the Bears?
I did, but I think I'm an addict.

Plus, it's a good distraction from my professional dilemma.  

Have a friend who is a BIG Lions fan and I was going to see him Friday at Champaign.  Fully planned on wearing as much Bears stuff as I have to annoy him.  It was then I realized that I haven't bought a Bears T-shirt since 2007.

Is it this one?

F**K it I'm Going Deep Fanclub (LINK)
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 pm

No, it's their Division Champ shirt from the Super Bowl year.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next