Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 22 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by OSUBucks Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:50 am

Teven Jenkins, who was expected to be the Bears starting LT this year, is having back surgery. The Bears are hoping to have him back by end of the season. The Bears have signed Jason Peters to a one year contract and I’m guessing that he will be their LT. Peters was a great Tackle at one time in his career but he’s 39 now. He might do an adequate job but I’m not sure how much he has left in the tank at his age.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:15 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Teven Jenkins, who was expected to be the Bears starting LT this year, is having back surgery. The Bears are hoping to have him back by end of the season.  The Bears have signed Jason Peters to a one year contract and I’m guessing that he will be their LT.  Peters was a great Tackle at one time in his career but he’s 39 now. He might do an adequate  job but I’m not sure how much he has left in the tank at his age.

He will probably get injured in camp.

Jenkins had back issues all through college and I wonder if the Bears were even aware of this when they drafted him. Fields sat yesterday because of a groin issue and may not play vs. the Bills. Nothing major but definitely a cause for concern. The kids needs as many reps as possible.

Anybody else see the video of Fields throwing a ball about 20 yards into a trashcan and people going nuts over it on Twitter? Honestly not a very impressive feat for an NFL QB but the responses are hilarious. Such as "get used to throwing to garbage" and "the can is now signed to a 4 year contract."
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Last month one of the coaches bet Fields that he couldn’t hit the crossbar with a throw from 40 yards. First throw he hit it. That was impressive but the trash can not so much. Justin did get dinged up on occasion in college. That’s something I’m a bit concerned with going forward. Talent wise and what he has between the ears I have no concerns.
The Bears are really thin on the OLine.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:31 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Last month one of the coaches bet Fields that he couldn’t hit the crossbar with a throw from 40 yards. First throw he hit it. That was impressive but the trash can not so much. Justin did get dinged up on occasion in college. That’s something I’m a bit concerned with going forward. Talent wise and what he has between the ears I have no concerns.
The Bears are really thin on the OLine.

Me too. And thin depth on the O-Line often leads to a short career for a QB. If the O-Line is terrible, I am 100% okay with Dalton being the starter all season long.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:29 pm

So Fields finishes 9-19 for 80 yards, 59.1 QBR, and 46 yards rushing on 4 attempts, all were scrambles.

Trubisky goes 20/28 for 221 yards, 1 TD and a 106.4 QBR.

Bears fans gushing over just average QB play. Fields had 1 good throw on a play action but did have some bad throws as well. He did a nice job extending plays but that only works for so long and he may not be as successful against a 1st team defense. OLine needs to improve and the defense and special teams were pathetic.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Trubisky comes back to Chicago and lit up his old team. Bears looked bad most of the day. Fields wasn’t great but I counted 3 dropped passes by his receivers. Some guys at WR looking like they might not even make the practice squad. Buffalo was getting consistent pressure on the QB. Dalton or Fields probably won’t last the season with that OLine I’m afraid.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Nm
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:14 pm

Both Foles and Fields looked good in the game against Tennessee this past weekend. Fields QB rating in the preseason was 97 and Dalton’s was 82. Maybe Nagy doesn’t want Fields to get hurt playing behind a substandard OLine. That said Fields already brings more to the table than Dalton.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:37 pm

Should we start a new thread...How Long Until Fields Replaces Dalton?

Nagy and the Bears are using the Chiefs approach they used with Mahomes for Fields. Honestly I don't care what happens. Will Fields get the Bears the 3 or 4 extra wins they will need to make the playoffs?

They have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year with no consecutive home games and have a few games on short weeks with teams coming off of a bye.

Fields is good but it is best not to rush the process. Do not want a RG3 situation where he gets injured in year 2 or 3 and is never the same. Have patience and let the kid develop.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:02 am

Well, Fields was good for the few plays he was in but I would say it was more of the Rams being unprepared for the change up. Dalton was ok in regards to game management and giving tht Bears a chance, which is exactly why they got him.

Defense looked atrocious, especially the secondary and Eddie Jackson. I know the Rams offense is good but the Bears definitely didn't help themselves.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:30 am

Everyone begging for Fields but Dalton wasnt the problem last night. The Bears defense was God awful. Offensively the run blocking was good and Montgomery was a stud. They couldnt pass protect at all though everything had to be out of Dalton's hands quick. Rams were in a 2 High Shell most of the night there just wasnt time to take a deep shot and stretch the field.

Red Rockets INT in the endzone hurt. Kmet's false start the play before maybe hurts more as they might of pounded the ball there. A-Rob had a 3rd down drop and then got mugged with no PI called on another 3rd down.

Nagy needs to open the playbook more but maybe he is limited due to the OL situation. I did think he had good Run/Pass balance to the offense.

That being said the Bears are in 1st place!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:49 am

I did not think either team was particularly impressive. Both sides have major holes.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Bears defeat Bengals 20-17. If the Bears had one more stud receiver and a good OLine I think they’d be a good team but they don’t. Fields had to take over for Dalton and had mixed results. Mooney and Robinson both had dropped passes from Fields and Robinson’s cost them a TD. Fields threw a pick when he didn’t see a LB drop into the throwing lane. His late scramble on 3rd and long clinched the game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Field's may have had the scramble but damn near lost the game for the Bears. A Fumble and a and Int. He left a lot to be desired but he was likely a victim of the gameplan as well.

Dalton was slightly above average and did a nice job on the first drive.

Defense finally played like they we expect but then again the Bengals aren't exactly world beaters and probably should not have beat the Vikings week 1.

Today's game does not change my opinion of the Bears getting 7 or 8 wins.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:Field's may have had the scramble but damn near lost the game for the Bears.  A Fumble and a and Int.   He left a lot to be desired but he was likely a victim of the gameplan as well.  

Defense finally played like they we expect but then again the Bengals aren't exactly world beaters and probably should not have beat the Vikings week 1.  

I think 7 wins tops. Roquan Smith is a stud though.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 am

dusty7 wrote:Field's may have had the scramble but damn near lost the game for the Bears.  A Fumble and a and Int.   He left a lot to be desired but he was likely a victim of the gameplan as well.  

I disagree. Nagy almost lost the game for the Bears, not Fields. That possession at the end of the game where Fields threw the INT is 100% on Nagy. Run the ball, force Cincinnati to use timeouts, punt, and let your defense, which dominated all day, close out the game.

Nagy would rather lose a game 42-35 than win a game 13-7. He can't get out of his own way.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:04 am

Dont see this team winning alot of games unless they start getting some big plays down the field. Was nice to see the defense have a bounce back game. It seems the defense and offense can never both have great games its one or the other. Was not impressed with Fields. If Dalton is out long term Nagy but tweek some things and play to his strengths.

1st Place!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Fields will be starting Sunday and backed up by Foles. Dalton is banged up but will still be starter when healthy according to Nagy.  The Browns were -7.5 last time I checked. Their OLine is very good and will really test the Bears D.
One positive, as a starting QB playing in the state of Ohio, Fields has a record of 10-0. 😊
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Field's and the rest of the Bears (especially DBs and OL) leave a lot to be desired. I have a feeling it is going to be a very long season. All around pathetic today.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:28 pm

I think it’s 50/50 on whether Nagy will be back next year. Nine sacks in a game and that’s with a mobile QB. What a shitshow. I know Garrett and Clowney are freaky athletes but there’s no excuse for this weak OLine.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:18 pm

i bet foles starts this weekend.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 pm

net wrote:i bet foles starts this weekend.

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:01 pm

If you heard Nagy's presser today, it was a bunch of word salad, which is all this guy does. He never gives an explanation and talks around every single question. It pisses me off. The first change is he needs to stop calling plays. There is too much going on that he has to handle, he needs to focus on calling a damn play from his "Be You" bullshit play sheet, so they don't take 2 meaningless timeouts and kill a potential scoring drive.

Also, I hate how he answers every question with "Yeah, no....."
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Fields gets first win as a starter as Bears defeat Lions 24-14. He was 11-17 for 209 yards and had five completions of 20+ yards. He did a decent job managing the game and will only get better with more experience. I’m still not optimistic going forward looking at that schedule.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:47 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Fields gets first win as a starter as Bears defeat Lions 24-14. He was 11-17 for 209 yards and had five completions of 20+ yards. He did a decent job managing the game and will only get better with more experience.  I’m still not optimistic going forward looking at that schedule.

It was against the Lions. That is all I have to say.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ramblinman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next