Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 12 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:If the Bears fire Nagy at the end of the season I hope they look at Eric Bieniemy or Joe Brady.

Take away Mahomes, Hill, Heleire, and the Chiefs O-Line, and Bieniemy might be very average or worse.   I don't know but would he even want the Bears job?  It's not a good situation.  Basically locked in with Foles unless they get a QB in the Draft and very few (if any) offensive weapons. I would think he would be more likely to go to Texans and continue to develop Watson and get a few players to help him out.  Hell, even Also, HCs from Reid's tree other than Harbaugh and Pederson (because he has a Super Bowl) have not done very well as HCs.  

I agree in part but not with you on the Chiefs OLine. They are slightly over average at best. Better in pass blocking but an average group in run blocking. A fairly athletic group but not among the more physical groups in the league. The Bears in the last 30 years hardly ever have an Offense that's above average, usually a group that's average at best but most years below average that relies on Defense. It's way past time to change that. I want a HC who is ahead of the game Offensively.
And that thinking is why you have Nagy.

So because the Bears brought in the wrong guy you condemn an entire group of Offensive minded coaches. Ok.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:If the Bears fire Nagy at the end of the season I hope they look at Eric Bieniemy or Joe Brady.

Take away Mahomes, Hill, Heleire, and the Chiefs O-Line, and Bieniemy might be very average or worse.   I don't know but would he even want the Bears job?  It's not a good situation.  Basically locked in with Foles unless they get a QB in the Draft and very few (if any) offensive weapons. I would think he would be more likely to go to Texans and continue to develop Watson and get a few players to help him out.  Hell, even Also, HCs from Reid's tree other than Harbaugh and Pederson (because he has a Super Bowl) have not done very well as HCs.  

I agree in part but not with you on the Chiefs OLine. They are slightly over average at best. Better in pass blocking but an average group in run blocking. A fairly athletic group but not among the more physical groups in the league. The Bears in the last 30 years hardly ever have an Offense that's above average, usually a group that's average at best but most years below average that relies on Defense. It's way past time to change that. I want a HC who is ahead of the game Offensively.
And that thinking is why you have Nagy.

So because the Bears brought in the wrong guy you condemn an entire group of Offensive minded coaches. Ok.
Not at all. But I think it's stupid to go out and say "We gotta get an offensive guy!" It is possible to hire a defensive minded coach that can hire a very capable offensive coordinator.

Hiring "offensive minds" has not played out real well for the Bears historically.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 pm

I just realized that 2 of the 3 franchises mentioned by dusty for having prolonged success are and have been fronted for a while by defensive coaches.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I just realized that 2 of the 3 franchises mentioned by dusty for having prolonged success are and have been fronted for a while by defensive coaches.

Well Belichick is a defensive guy so I'll give you that one. Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:17 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I just realized that 2 of the 3 franchises mentioned by dusty for having prolonged success are and have been fronted for a while by defensive coaches.

Well Belichick is a defensive guy so I'll give you that one. Smile
As is Tomlin and Cowher before him.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:28 pm

Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh were pretty good, Offensive guys.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:30 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh were pretty good, Offensive guys.
Vince Lombardi's been dead for 50 years.

The Bears should definitely look for a wing-t guy to run the power sweep. Very Happy
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:31 pm

As I watch the Seahawks and Pete Carroll- another former DC...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:42 pm

The honest answer is that you'll get great head coaches with both offensive & defensive backgrounds. If you look at the top 3 college programs currently two of the HC's are Offensive background guys, Swinney and Ryan Day. Saban is defensive.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:45 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The honest answer is that you'll get great head coaches with both offensive & defensive backgrounds. If you look at the top 3 college programs currently two of the HC's are Offensive background guys, Swinney and Ryan Day. Saban is defensive.
True. That's why it's ridiculous to just eliminate a guy because he coaches "the wrong side".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:34 am

Louis has worked for both the Redskins and the Eagles and was the Director of Pro Personel at both stops. Its not like he is some hot shot analyst with zero experience. I think he has a good head on his shoulders and would do a good job.

Im totally a fan of bringing in a defensive guy for the Bears. The only thing that worries me when you hire a Defensive guy is if they bring in a new OC who turns out to be worth a damn he probably will be moving on in a few years. Unless you get some OC who is an ex HC who isnt getting another sniff in the league.

If we go the defensive background route for Coach give me Robert Saleh from SF.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:08 am

As we are all coaches, I think we know that an HC must have a good staff in order to have any success. Nagy's staff consists of several coaches who have been fired in recent years. Need coaches that have the ability to develop players and not only the #1s but the #2s. Coaches who understand the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and are able to help develop and adapt schemes and game plans that use their strengths. Something the current staff has not done.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:51 am

dusty7 wrote:As we are all coaches, I think we know that an HC must have a good staff in order to have any success.  Nagy's staff consists of several coaches who have been fired in recent years.  Need coaches that have the ability to develop players and not only the #1s but the #2s. Coaches who understand the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and are able to help develop and adapt schemes and game plans that use their strengths.  Something the current staff has not done.

I thought firing OL coach, Harry Hiestand, was a poor move. Although I am not a Bears fan, I am a huge Harry fan. His firing was a solid indication to me that the Bears were purely in reactive mode with no long term offensive team strategy.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 am

OldTitan wrote:
dusty7 wrote:As we are all coaches, I think we know that an HC must have a good staff in order to have any success.  Nagy's staff consists of several coaches who have been fired in recent years.  Need coaches that have the ability to develop players and not only the #1s but the #2s. Coaches who understand the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and are able to help develop and adapt schemes and game plans that use their strengths.  Something the current staff has not done.

I thought firing OL coach, Harry Hiestand, was a poor move. Although I am not a Bears fan, I am a huge Harry fan. His firing was a solid indication to me that the Bears were purely in reactive mode with no long term offensive team strategy.

Scapegoat for the situation. Obviously Nagy wasnt going to fire himself. They signed Leno and Massie to real bad deals as what little skills they did have regressed. I think Juan Castillo is a good Coach as well. You know what they say you Cant make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Bears’ playcalling strikes again...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Oh, Mitch! Oh no!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Wow. That was a BRUTAL ending.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Head Idiot wrote:You can't blame Trubisky for that sack of shit. Foles isn't it either.

I really hope they lose out. I'm tired of Nagy's bullshit.
October 4th.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Trubisky is still a very young guy. If he gets his act together he could still at least be a reliable backup in the league and make some good money. If you're a skill player ball security is paramount. You can't blame it all on him though, the RT was badly beaten on the play which led to the ball being knocked out of his hand. Very bad loss, they should have gotten the W today. They need to clean house and rebuild.. again. If Denver fires Fangio the Bears could bring him back as DC. The McCaskey's need to blow it up. Pace and Nagy both need to go.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Mitch will get the brunt of the hate but he is far from the main reason they lost today. Played pretty well for 58 minutes. 30 Points vs Detroit should have been more than enough with this supposed Elite defense. Losing is a good thing. Keep moving up in the draft. They could still get as high as #5. Fire the front office though.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 pm

I thought the playcall was ridiculously bad on the fumble too. They could have run the ball with Montgomery to at least make Detroit call their last timeout. Could have done some sort of QB designed run, although it doesn't seem like Mitch likes running much anymore even though it's his strength. If you are going to throw the ball there, at least maybe go with some bootleg or rollout that they had a ton of success with all throughout the game.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Bighitter11 wrote: Fire the front office though.
Now I'm curious.

Do you not think the coaches should be gone too?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:07 pm

wolverine55 wrote: although it doesn't seem like Mitch likes running much anymore even though it's his strength.  
Would you be real enthusiastic to risk your life and possible career for a coach, organization and fan base that has blamed you and made you the scapegoat for the past three years as they kick your ass out the door?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 pm

wolverine55 wrote:I thought the playcall was ridiculously bad on the fumble too. They could have run the ball with Montgomery to at least make Detroit call their last timeout.  Could have done some sort of QB designed run, although it doesn't seem like Mitch likes running much anymore even though it's his strength.  If you are going to throw the ball there, at least maybe go with some bootleg or rollout that they had a ton of success with all throughout the game.  

Yep, I was thinking roll him out and give him a run/pass option. If you don't get the first down at least Detroit has to burn that TO. On the other hand the Bear's D hasn't been playing as well lately as they were earlier in the year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:I thought the playcall was ridiculously bad on the fumble too. They could have run the ball with Montgomery to at least make Detroit call their last timeout.  Could have done some sort of QB designed run, although it doesn't seem like Mitch likes running much anymore even though it's his strength.  If you are going to throw the ball there, at least maybe go with some bootleg or rollout that they had a ton of success with all throughout the game.  

Yep, I was thinking roll him out and give him a run/pass option. If you don't get the first down at least Detroit has to burn that TO. On the other hand the Bear's D hasn't been playing as well lately as they were earlier in the year.
Their backs and knees are probably pretty beat up from carrying the franchise for 3 years...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next