Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 14 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Dont know how anyone couldnt like Mac Jones from Alabama. The only downfall is he plays at Alabama and where he goes will have less at WR than he had at Bama. He has taken huge strides since last year can throw with accuracy and the deep ball. Not the athlete that Fields, Lawrence and Lance are but thats ok with me.

Ian Book is just the next in a long line of turd ND QBs he wont be in the NFL long
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:46 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Dont know how anyone couldnt like Mac Jones from Alabama.  The only downfall is he plays at Alabama and where he goes will have less at WR than he had at Bama.  He has taken huge strides since last year can throw with accuracy and the deep ball.  Not the athlete that Fields, Lawrence and Lance are but thats ok with me.  

Ian Book is just the next in a long line of turd ND QBs he wont be in the NFL long

I'll bet you a case of Bud Light on that one...or Busch Light, or Miller Lite, whatever your drink is.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:20 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Dont know how anyone couldnt like Mac Jones from Alabama.  The only downfall is he plays at Alabama and where he goes will have less at WR than he had at Bama.  He has taken huge strides since last year can throw with accuracy and the deep ball.  Not the athlete that Fields, Lawrence and Lance are but thats ok with me.  

I'll bet you a case of Bud Light on that one...or Busch Light, or Miller Lite, whatever your drink is.  

How do we judge the NFL success of Ian Book. Years holding Clipboard, Starts, W/L record. Very interested in this wager.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:45 pm

2 years, established starter who's on the verge of taking team to the playoffs in December 2022. If not I'll pay up at IHSFCA clinic 2023. Really a no lose proposition for you.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Deal
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Piggy backing off of Ian Book....

What about Kelly at HC? He's done a fantastic job at Norte Dame.

Last edited by dusty7 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:52 pm

dusty7 wrote:Piggy backing off of Ian Book....

What about Chip Kelly at HC? He's done a fantastic job at Norte Dame.

Brian Kelly is a heck of a good coach. As for Book he is a very good college QB. He has a great ability to improvise when necessary and a good runner. Arm talent wise he isn't on the level as a Lawrence, Fields or Jones. I don't see him as a day one draft pick but a mid to later round pick.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:33 pm

OSUBucks wrote: As for Book he is a very good college QB. He has a great ability to improvise when necessary and a good runner. Arm talent wise he isn't on the level as a Lawrence, Fields or Jones. I don't see him as a day one draft pick but a mid to later round pick.

I remember when you said that about Tom Brady. Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm

dusty7 wrote:Piggy backing off of Ian Book....

What about Kelly at HC? He's done a fantastic job at Norte Dame.
Can he kill kids again with the Bears?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Bears lead Texans 30-7 at half. The play calling is definitely looking better the last 2 weeks now that Nagy isn't calling plays. Trubisky played as good a half as I've ever seen him play. I like that they are moving him around and not sitting in the middle pocket every play.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:39 pm

I enjoy that it appears at least in the stats that on this day Mitch outplayed Watson. Sidenote- I've never really got the infatuation with Watson. Is he better than Mitch? Ya. He's more consistent. But, by no means, has the guy been worthy of the fawning he gets over the course of his career. He's not close to the same plane as Mahomes and I've said my piece on Mahomes.

This is a pure Bears move too. They'll win some of these last few meaningless games for no reason and just put themselves again in perpetual draft purgatory.

Last edited by Head Idiot on Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I enjoy that it appears at least in the stats that on this day Mitch outplayed Watson. Sidenote- I've never really got the infatuation with Watson. Is he better than Mitch? Ya. He's more consistent. But, by no means, has the guy been worthy of the fawning he gets over the course of his career. He's not close to the same plane as Mahomes and I don't I've said my piece on Mahomes.

This is a pure Bears move too. They'll win some of these last few meaningless games for no reason and just put themselves again in perpetual draft purgatory.

The Bears have been doing this for years. Win a couple meaningless games toward the end of the season, come up short on making the playoffs but mess up their draft position. As I said last week I still feel that Trubisky could end up being a solid NFL backup and make some good money.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:32 pm

Bears effed up winning today they would be sitting with 10th pick now with a 6 way tie behind them with 4 wins. The could of lost out and had the 4th pick in the draft potentially.

I thought once again Bill Lazor called a great game further proving how obvious it was that Nagy was trying to Sabotage Trubisky from the start this year. He without a doubt jumped at the first sign of trouble to put his guy Foles in the lineup and that blew up in his face. Now whatever small chance he has to remain in Chicago as HC is probably in Mitch's hands.

Mitch was great, efficient, bought time with his legs and most of all took care of the football. The interior of the Bears line continues to play well led by Sam freaking Mustipher. Juan Castilo should get some love for molding the heaping pile of crap he was dealt into something. If this is the Mitch they can get on a consistant basis then this team can put themself in a position to contend in the playoffs and not have to tear the whole thing down. Obviously they need 2 New OTs, and probably help at ILB, CB, S but Nicols and Edwards on the DL were great today they get Eddie Goldman back next year. Maybe you let Hicks walk or restructure and try to piece together the missing parts.

Or Mitch has not shot to game manage and make a run at things and you tear things down alot more. They could win the next two and face a Green Bay team fighting for the #1 seed on week 17. Also good Chance Bears vs Packers 3 in the 1st round of playoffs. Really interested to see how they finish the season out now.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 am

houston's o line play is horrendous. they acted like they'd never seen a stunt before.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 am

They beat a shit show of a team that organizationally is as poor or poorer than the the Bears. Was fun to watch at least. Smile
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:36 pm

The Bear defense is not all that it’s cracked up to be.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Trubisky starting off well today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Teetime wrote:The Bear defense is not all that it’s cracked up to be.

Not so fast, the Bears just stuffed the Vikings on a 4th and 1.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:33 pm

Mitch 10/14 for 109 yards and a TD and averaging over 4 yards a carry through first 28 minutes. Absolutely zero reason he could not have been doing this the last couple years.

The PA has been great for the Bears today. Mitch looks confident. He's not a pocket passer!

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Get Trubisky on the move? Give Montgomery the ball more? Who could have ever seen these offensive solutions?

I hereby submit my name for Bears HC. Cool
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:28 pm

Boy when you can run the ball a bit it opens up the passing game. Who knew! As Delta mentioned you can see the confidence in Trubisky now. He'll sign with someone next year if not the Bears.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:32 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Boy when you can run the ball a bit it opens up the passing game. Who knew! As Delta mentioned you can see the confidence in Trubisky now. He'll sign with someone next year if not the Bears.
Mitch has never been the problem. I'd like to see him sign to a 2 year, incentive laden contract.

I don't think he comes back if Nagy's still there though.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:05 pm

I've seen some mock drafts with the Bears drafting a QB with their 1st round pick. I'm thinking that maybe the Bears have a QB. Typically if NFL teams use a 1st round pick on a QB they want a guy with at least 30 starts in College. Trubisky had about half that. Use that 1st round pick on a Tackle.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:27 pm

After watching how poorly Ian Book played yesterday when Clemson kept him in the pocket, I do not think he is the answer if they go with a QB.

If they stick with Mitch another year, they will be in the same situation as the last few years. He almost pissed the game away today with tht INT in the 4th.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:After watching how poorly Ian Book played yesterday when Clemson kept him in the pocket, I do not think he is the answer if they go with a QB.

If they stick with Mitch another year, they will be in the same situation as the last few years.  He almost pissed the game away today with tht INT in the 4th.  

Mitch tried to force that one, that was a mistake especially when you are in the red zone, he took points off the scoreboard there. He played well overall though, made some good decisions too and some good throws.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next