Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 19 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by Bighitter11 Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:11 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:Strong rumors tonight on Twitter that the Bears and Eagles "almost" have a deal done.  The most reliable sources say it's Wentz in exchange for Foles, a first-round pick, and "another offensive player."  Further digging, but less reliable accounts, say that other offensive player is Tarik Cohen.

If the Bears would only have to give up a single 1st rounder it would be worth it to get a talent of Wentz’s caliber. Keeping fingers crossed.

Fresh start might be good for Wentz, his confidence is a bit shook and the Eagles OL might of been worse than the Bears. You could still get a Starting Tackle for both sides of the line in Rounds 2 and 3 of a pretty deep OL draft. I think his Cap hit for the Bears would only be around 22 million or something like that and after this year his contract is non guaranteed. If he works out great you have a good NFL QB under control for 4 more years if not your drafting in the Top 5 and hopefully still have your pick.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:Strong rumors tonight on Twitter that the Bears and Eagles "almost" have a deal done.  The most reliable sources say it's Wentz in exchange for Foles, a first-round pick, and "another offensive player."  Further digging, but less reliable accounts, say that other offensive player is Tarik Cohen.

If the Bears would only have to give up a single 1st rounder it would be worth it to get a talent of Wentz’s caliber. Keeping fingers crossed.

Fresh start might be good for Wentz, his confidence is a bit shook and the Eagles OL might of been worse than the Bears. You could still get a Starting Tackle for both sides of the line in Rounds 2 and 3 of a pretty deep OL draft. I think his Cap hit for the Bears would only be around 22 million or something like that and after this year his contract is non guaranteed. If he works out great you have a good NFL QB under control for 4 more years if not your drafting in the Top 5 and hopefully still have your pick.

I'm okay with tht move as long as they don't give up too much. It's a lateral move and if it's the wrong move Pace and Nagy are gone so it's a win win situation.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:19 pm

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:14 am

So this guy was fired from Green Bay and the Bears pick him up? Typical. Seems like they always get the guys that can't cut in other places.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:41 am

I like the hire he has always been a good defensive coach in the league. Lots of expereince and someone for new DC to lean on if needed. Overall pretty good run in GB.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:23 am

I think it was 1999 or 2000ish ESPN did a thing where they followed his team...he was the HC at North Penn HS in Pennsylvania I believe. He was the tech guy in the school as well. Their big rival was his father's team, Central Bucks West (a documentary was also done on his father's season that year). Rex Ryan as I recall got him into the NFL because of his ability to use technology in creating game plans. He's been around the NFL, that's for sure. I'd tend to agree with BigHitter, I think it'll be a good sounding board for the new DC. That's my die-hard Bears fan glass half full guy mentality talking of course Smile

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:39 am

lefty120 wrote:I think it was 1999 or 2000ish ESPN did a thing where they followed his team...he was the HC at North Penn HS in Pennsylvania I believe.  He was the tech guy in the school as well.  Their big rival was his father's team, Central Bucks West (a documentary was also done on his father's season that year).  Rex Ryan as I recall got him into the NFL because of his ability to use technology in creating game plans.  He's been around the NFL, that's for sure.  I'd tend to agree with BigHitter, I think it'll be a good sounding board for the new DC.  That's my die-hard Bears fan glass half full guy mentality talking of course Smile

I can understand the enthusiasm for a new hire but I guess my glass is half-empty. I don't have time to do the research but I remember hearing on Waddle and Silvy that many of the assistants were fired from their previous jobs. I know that happens in the NFL but quality coaches tend to move on to new jobs before they get fired.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:48 pm

The TD before the end of the half was bad on his part and in the end somebody had to be the fall guy for the Packers failures and it was him. LeFluer wasnt going to step down even though is offense couldnt cash in on 3 Brady turnovers and awful Redzone offense.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:25 pm

What does a "senior assistant coach" do? Did the new DC want/ask for Petrine, or will he view Petrine as someone looking over his shoulder and second guessing him?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:45 pm

lefty120 wrote:I think it was 1999 or 2000ish ESPN did a thing where they followed his team...he was the HC at North Penn HS in Pennsylvania I believe.  He was the tech guy in the school as well.  Their big rival was his father's team, Central Bucks West (a documentary was also done on his father's season that year).  Rex Ryan as I recall got him into the NFL because of his ability to use technology in creating game plans.  He's been around the NFL, that's for sure.  I'd tend to agree with BigHitter, I think it'll be a good sounding board for the new DC.  That's my die-hard Bears fan glass half full guy mentality talking of course Smile

The Last Game. Such a good documentary. You can find it on YouTube now I believe.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Wentz to the Colts, I'm fairly happy he did not end up with the Bears. I think he may actually have some success in Indy due to them having a pretty effective run game and one of the top defense, something he definitely did not have in Philly.

As for the Bears, I am hearing the potential of Sam Darnold because the Jets have their eye on Zach Wilson for their second pick. Honestly, I think this would not be a bad route. Won't have to give up too much and he might have a better chance to be successful for the Bears rather than the Jets.

The QB that the Bears need (or can even get) does not exist right now. Better to make a lateral move and not give anything up rather than give up a ton for a world beater (or potential world beater) and not fix the other issues with the team such as O-Line and an aging defense.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:55 pm

I like the possible Darnold move alot. Still on rookie deal if he doesnt work out you let him walk and your drafting a QB in 2022. Shouldnt cost too much to aquire him either.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:43 pm

dusty7 wrote:Wentz to the Colts, I'm fairly happy he did not end up with the Bears. I think he may actually have some success in Indy due to them having a pretty effective run game and one of the top defense, something he definitely did not have in Philly.

As for the Bears, I am hearing the potential of Sam Darnold because the Jets have their eye on Zach Wilson for their second pick. Honestly, I think this would not be a bad route. Won't have to give up too much and he might have a better chance to be successful for the Bears rather than the Jets.

The QB that the Bears need (or can even get) does not exist right now.  Better to make a lateral move and not give anything up rather than give up a ton for a world beater (or potential world beater) and not fix the other issues with the team such as O-Line and an aging defense.    

Agree with your point on the Colts being a good fit for Wentz. I think Frank Reich might be able to bring out the best in him too. Darnold has a good enough arm to be successful. It might not be a bad move.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Former Texas HC Tom Herman joining the Bears as an Offensive Analyst. Interesting. He was 32-18 in four years at Texas. He was OC at OSU in 2014 when they won the NC.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:15 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Former Texas HC Tom Herman joining the Bears as an Offensive Analyst. Interesting. He was 32-18 in four years at Texas. He was OC at OSU in 2014 when they won the NC.

Wasn't there a thread not long ago about the amount of douchebag very this guy was responsible for at Texas? Didn't he have the weird Pee Chart for hydration?

He must be a great collaborator for the Bears to go out and get him.

Just another guy that got fired because he couldn't cut it at his previous job so the Bears have to hire him. It's the new standard.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:24 pm

He’s a douchebag all right. I know a few stories about both him and his wife. He has a fertile offensive mind too.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Bears sign QB Andy Dalton one year contract. Boy am I excited.🙁
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:22 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears sign QB Andy Dalton one year contract. Boy am I excited.🙁

Better than giving up half the team for one player!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:32 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears sign QB Andy Dalton one year contract. Boy am I excited.🙁

Better than giving up half the team for one player! In my opinion. Get a guy in the Draft and hopefully you get lucky. Not holding my breath on that one.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:43 pm

The Bears are also shopping slot receiver Anthony Miller. I would guess that Pace is on a short leash by now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:18 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The Bears are also shopping slot receiver Anthony Miller. I would guess that Pace is on a short leash by now.

Naw, the Dalton deal bought him and Nagy 3 more years.

Year 1: Use Dalton as a mentor for a QB you draft this year after using Foles and others as trades to move up in the Draft.

Year 2: Let's see what this new guy can do. Maybe even win some games.

Year 3: What is he made of, can he be thr QB of the future? If so, keep and build a team around them, of not, Nagy and Pace are goners.

Honestly, nothing will change until the ownership changes and that will only happen if people stop going to games, stop buying jerseys, and stop supporting the team. But these are also the same people that believe every free agent QB is a must have for the Bears.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Trubisky to the Buffalo Bills!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:21 pm

I don’t think Dalton is any better than Trubisky. At least Trubisky has good mobility and can pick up a few 1st downs with his feet when he is forced out of the pocket.
It’s not Trubisky’s fault that the Bears were dumb enough to use the #2 overall pick on him.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 pm

Saw on Twitter Fuller may be gone to free agency.

Looks like they are trying to tank with these moves.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:46 pm

dusty7 wrote:Saw on Twitter Fuller may be gone to free agency.  

Looks like they are trying to tank with these moves.  

Yep, Fuller gone but it looks like Robinson will be back.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next