Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foles or Trubisky?

+16
niewi 24
Ghengis Khan
tm
general maximus
dusty7
ramblinman
19delta
net
lefty120
OldTitan
Bighitter11
newcom
wolverine55
Teetime
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
20 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Foles or Trubisky? - Page 8 Empty Re: Foles or Trubisky?

Post by Head Idiot Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 pm

This offense and team is better with Trubisky. No one will admit it, but it's true.

There's at least an upside to him. At worst, he's no worse than Foles.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Got beat by a punter. Rams showed the Bears what an offense is supposed to look like, good mix of run and pass, made plays when plays needed to be made.

Poor performances happen and Foles left some throws on the field. Defense looked average. Not a good game but I think they can get the Saints.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:14 am

Head Idiot wrote:This offense and team is better with Trubisky. No one will admit it, but it's true.

There's at least an upside to him. At worst, he's no worse than Foles.

It's like playing a game of "would you rather", but both choices are horrible.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am

I did not think Foles was that bad. The O-line on the other hand struggled. Granted, they were playing against one of the better D-lines. Still, with no running game and porous pass blocking I do not think the blame falls on the QB.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:00 am

I’d tend to agree on Trubisky. So I’ll admit it. I also think it’s abundantly clear Hiestand was not the issue last year in regards to the OL. They’re not good...and it’s not just ability. They’re not fundamentally sound.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 am

To be clear, I don't think Trubisky is good. However, in this seasons small sample size

Trubisky: 87.4 rating, 6TD, 3INT... 8 rushes for 87 yards
Foles: 77.6 rating, 6TD, 6INT... 11 rushes for -1 yards

and with the putrid mess that is the o-line, having a QB that can at least try to scramble is probably better than a stationary target
tm
tm
Bee-otch

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

You knew in advance this was a bad matchup given the strength of the Rams Defense and particularly their DLine lead by Aaron Donald matched up against the Bears weak OLine.
When you take a QB with the #2 overall pick you'd better get a guy who can become one of the best at his position for years. If you don't that pick will set your team back for years. Foles was under duress for most of the game. I don't think Foles is a long term answer, he is a backup at this point in his career. He's only playing because 3 years in, Trubisky still hasn't been a consistently good player. If Trubisky doesn't ever become a good starting NFL QB it's on Ryan Pace for using a #2 overall pick on him. It wasn't a particularly deep QB class that year but Watson and Mahomes were still on the board. Imagine the Bears with either of those guys.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:56 am

Just like all levels of football, it is all about matchups. The Bears did not match up well at any position against the Rams, especially the O-line and D-Line, which is where you win games, especially in the NFL.

The QB position is an issue but not the only issue. As long as the management and fans continue to focus on this issue, others issues will arise, just like what happened with the Oline.

I am still not sold on the defense.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:12 am

While by no means do I think he would be a Superstar but how much better would Mitch be in the Rams offense with his ability to move and all their boot action.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:While by no means do I think he would be a Superstar but how much better would Mitch be in the Rams offense with his ability to move and all their boot action.

Boot action works when you can run the ball...and I 100% agree with you. The rams get away with boots a ton...why couldn’t the Bears have done this when Mitch was starting?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:34 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:While by no means do I think he would be a Superstar but how much better would Mitch be in the Rams offense with his ability to move and all their boot action.

Boot action works when you can run the ball...and I 100% agree with you. The rams get away with boots a ton...why couldn’t the Bears have done this when Mitch was starting?  

I think thats what seperates the great Coaches from Nagy. The good coaches adapt to the Players strengths. The Ravens did it with Lamar Jackson, The 49ers with Kapernick. Cant remember the last time Nagy did anything to play to his abilities.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:

I think thats what seperates the great Coaches from Nagy.  The good coaches adapt to the Players strengths.  The Ravens did it with Lamar Jackson, The 49ers with Kapernick.  Cant remember the last time Nagy did anything to play to his abilities.

You mean like having Javon Wims try to one on one block an edge rusher while running a gimmick pitch play to the boundary to one of the fastest guys on the field; is that what you mean coach?? Smile

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:

I think thats what seperates the great Coaches from Nagy.  The good coaches adapt to the Players strengths.  The Ravens did it with Lamar Jackson, The 49ers with Kapernick.  Cant remember the last time Nagy did anything to play to his abilities.

I said this exact thing a few weeks ago. He does not have the offensive fire power he needs for his offensive scheme and I am not quite sure these guys are good enough for any offensive scheme.

To open up the short and mid routes you need to have a deep threat, they have one in Robinson, but the Oline is not giving Foles enough time for Robinson to get down field. On the one long reception last night (1st over 40 yards for the season), Robinson looked surprised that the ball was thrown. I bet he was thinking he was just a decoy and Foles had no chance of getting the ball off. Also, I think Foles is not stepping into his throws which is hurting his accuracy. Granted the pocket shrinks pretty quickly, but still think he has enough room to step up and throw here and there but he looks apprehensive. Hey, maybe he gets a cheap roughing the passer call and they get a first down! He seems to do a good job getting the underthrow play to get a PI call every game.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:09 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It wasn't a particularly deep QB class that year but Watson and Mahomes were still on the board. Imagine the Bears with either of those guys.
No hot take whatsoever, but i legitimately don't think they would be the players they are with Nagy as their coach.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 pm

This is a giant problem and in no way surprises me-
Brian Griese wrote: “We were talking to Nick Foles yesterday, and he said, 'You know, sometimes play calls come in and I know that I don’t have time to execute that play call. You know, I’m the one out here getting hit. Sometimes the guy calling the plays, Matt Nagy, he doesn't know how much time there is back here.
Fully supports the "I just have to call something I haven't called from my menu yet.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:24 pm

here is where I should have originally typed this. From the other thread.

On the other hand, does Nagy really have much to work with? Maybe for another thread, but

OLine is average......maybe
RBacks are decent, wait, they really only have one, so make that Running Back(singular) decent
WR Okay, but not stellar.
TE, Okay, but one is a rookie, and one was really good as a TE/WR about 6 years ago
QB, Backups are backups for a reason unless you are Kurt Warner or Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. Nick Foles is not those 3.

I am afraid their defense, in IMHO really good, is going to be wasted on this group of fish flopping offensive players. Fish Floppers make all kinds of futile movement and noise right before they die unceremoniously

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Nagy and his GM have had 3 years to get their guys in and this is what they've come up with. It should cost them both their jobs.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:27 am

Head Idiot wrote:This is a giant problem and in no way surprises me-
Brian Griese wrote: “We were talking to Nick Foles yesterday, and he said, 'You know, sometimes play calls come in and I know that I don’t have time to execute that play call. You know, I’m the one out here getting hit. Sometimes the guy calling the plays, Matt Nagy, he doesn't know how much time there is back here.
Fully supports the "I just have to call something I haven't called from my menu yet.

The announcers, I felt, sort of glossed over that comment during the game. I was so alarmed by it I rewound my DVR 3 times to make sure I was hearing it correctly.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am

wolverine55 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:This is a giant problem and in no way surprises me-
Brian Griese wrote:  “We were talking to Nick Foles yesterday, and he said, 'You know, sometimes play calls come in and I know that I don’t have time to execute that play call. You know, I’m the one out here getting hit. Sometimes the guy calling the plays, Matt Nagy, he doesn't know how much time there is back here.

The announcers, I felt, sort of glossed over that comment during the game.  I was so alarmed by it I rewound my DVR 3 times to make sure I was hearing it correctly.
Someone on on one of the post game call in shows (one of the perks of my current 90 day assignment is I have a radio to listen to) said that the majority of Foles' TDs have come on audibles where you can hear him yell "Kill, Kill" pre snap. I don't know if that holds true for all the games, but I distinctly remember it in the Falcons game during that comeback. I didn't watch the others that closely as I usually watch them in fast forward on my DVR.

Couple that idea, with the Monday night comment and the shouting match he and Nagy had on the sideline that one game and it makes me wonder if Foles doesn't agree with me about Nagy too. Also makes me rethink all the Trubisky sideline incidents too.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:28 pm

The turnaround in today's game can definitively be traced to a poor timeout used by Nagy at the end of the first half. Yes, players have to step up and make plays, but his timeout prolonged that NO scoring drive more than anything the Saints did.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Same shit, different week.

This defense is being wasted by an "offensive mastermind" that can't move the ball. Tear it down and start the rebuild. Again.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Javon Wims should never put a Bears jersey on again.

He should have been cut before he left the locker room.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Javon Wims should never put a Bears jersey on again.

I cannot think of but one reason something verbal would have created a situation like that. (Racial?, Personal??) Whoever the defensive player was must have done something egregious.

I totally agree he should be cut, traded, or whatever. Seriously, who does that? I know we ask players to be ferocious, but that was a movie like prison yard looking type hit.

Any word on what caused/started that???

general maximus
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:06 pm

I wonder what was going through Virginia McCaskey's mind when she saw that.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:25 pm

general maximus wrote:

I cannot think of but one reason something verbal would have created a situation like that. (Racial?, Personal??) Whoever the defensive player was must have done something egregious.  

I totally agree he should be cut, traded, or whatever.  Seriously, who does that?   I know we ask players to be ferocious, but that was a movie like prison yard looking type hit.

Any word on what caused/started that???

WR Michael Thomas got into it with the same DB in practice, that's what has led to Thomas' suspension. Not saying this dude was at fault for the Wims situation, but there's luggage here with this guy and others.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/11/chargers-saints-michael-thomas-suspended-nfl-week-5/

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next