Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 10 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 pm

lefty120 wrote:That tweet was sent out well after the violence had began.  

"well after".... and was deleted. Mmmm. I wonder why....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:52 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Here is what Trump told his January 6th crowd of people who were gathered peacefully and behaving admirably:

Near the end of his speech, he told his supporters, “We’re going [to] walk down to the Capitol.”

“You’ll never take back our country with weakness,” he added. “You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:37 pm

tincup1215 wrote:Any attempt to rationalize or defend what happened on Wednesday... jfc people

I agree.

This whole Twitter tirade is just meant to deflect from the harm that was done by Trump and his supporters to the Capitol and to our fragile republic.

They murdered a police officer. Now the same people that bitched and moaned for two months about Colin Kaepernick taking a knee and how that was disrespectful can't bear to mention that the Trump supporters beat and injured 52 police officers and killed one. Instead it's about Trump losing his Twitter handle.

Admin

OSUBucks and tincup1215 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Here is a Trumpster beating a cop with an American flag (not taking a knee):

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/01/10/capitol-riot-officer-beating-trump-go-home-message-sot-vpx.cnn

Here are some Trumpters trying to crush cops and forcibly remove their gas masks:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/video-shows-officer-being-crushed-by-violent-pro-trump-mob-in-deadly-capitol-riot-99210309545

Here the Proud Boys were planning their strategy on Parlor before the main event on January 6th:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/several-well-known-hate-groups-identified-at-capitol-riot/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Teetime wrote:Here is a Trumpster beating a cop with an American flag (not taking a knee):

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/01/10/capitol-riot-officer-beating-trump-go-home-message-sot-vpx.cnn

Here are some Trumpters trying to crush cops and forcibly remove their gas masks:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/video-shows-officer-being-crushed-by-violent-pro-trump-mob-in-deadly-capitol-riot-99210309545

Here the Proud Boys were planning their strategy on Parlor before the main event on January 6th:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/several-well-known-hate-groups-identified-at-capitol-riot/

And the individuals shown commiting crimes in those links should be prosecuted.

tps
Bee-otch

general maximus and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 am

tps wrote:And the individuals shown commiting crimes in those links should be prosecuted.

I agree with tps on the prosecuting individuals.... but I also noticed in that same CNN video (at 0:41) a man with a CAT sweatshirt.... should Caterpillar, as a company, be canceled because an individual wore their merch? Did Caterpillar condone that violence? Was the individual a Trump guy? Maybe. I don't know. Do you? But I also know that one of the guys arrested for carrying a gun was a BLM/antifa guy from Portland.....

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:31 am

lefty120 wrote:That tweet was sent out well after the violence had began.  

The Capitol PD Chief requested the National Guard at 1:09pm. Trump was still speaking a mile away at 1:15pm.

Trump tweeted at 2:38pm "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

Trump tweeted at 3:13pm "I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"

Yes. WELL after......

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:34 am

Teetime wrote:Here the Proud Boys were planning their strategy on Parlor before the main event on January 6th:

Proud Boys. The only "white nationalists" with a Black/Puerto Rican leader..... meh.

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 am

I don't know who needs to hear this but the fact someone planted pipe bombs at the RNC and DNC means this was planned long before the President even began speaking

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 am

This looks like a riot? To us it looks like a field trip.

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 10 Dcvelv10

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 am

Nevermind. Have a nice day.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:36 am

biden compared cruz and hawley to goebbels with regard them repeating 'the big lie' of election fraud. didn't hear many biden supporters condemn that comment. that is not a healing and uniting message.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:48 am

according to the transcript he said "...you have to show strength..." around 17-18 min mark. the speech lasted over an hour. here is some additional context.

"After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period. We’ve set it on a much straighter course, a much … I thought four more years...."

in no way does this dismiss the violent actions of the individuals who committed crimes.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 pm

I'm personally get a big kick out of watching people and politicians who for years have been saying an assortment of pretty inflammatory things about our country calling people Un-American. It's comedy gold.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Since the election Trump had been repeating over and over the lie that he really won the election in a landslide but the election was rigged for Biden. Then on the day of the rally he urged his supporters to March down to the capitol and take our country back. Our country is more divided than ever because Trump wanted it that way..
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tincup1215 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:34 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Since the election Trump had been repeating over and over the lie that he really won the election in a landslide but the election was rigged for Biden. Then on the day of the rally he urged his supporters to March down to the capitol and take our country back. Our country is more divided than ever because Trump wanted it that way..

You are definitely not incorrect in this statement but at some point, we have to move on as a country and figure out to overcome the division. All of the "insurrectionists" will have their day in court. Trump has already taken some responsibility for what happened and people can argue for years on how accountable he is for the actions of those who stormed the Capitol, but it won't to anything to help the division. There are those out there who will never accept the Biden victory just as those who never accepted the Bush victory, but eventually, they will move on, and likely will more quickly if people would stop drawing attention to them. .

Biden is going to have his hands full walking a thin line between uniting a country and not upsetting those in his party. His VP and her squad definitely do not help the whole idea of UNITY and could possibly create even more division. It's obvious that he won the election, fairly handily, but when you look at the electoral maps, the division we have in our country is clear as day.  It's not rich vs. poor, it's not minority vs. majority, it's not even liberal vs. conservative. The biggest division in our country is RURAL vs. URBAN.  This may tie in with political and economic ideologies but it is a pretty large difference between these two groups and their beliefs in the role of government in their lives. Also, it is worth noting that the trust in our governments is extremely low, which is the fault of ALL politicians.  The past 4 years have been very decisive and neither side has done much extend a hand in compromise to the other side, they have both been in attack mode since 2015 and the problems that plague our nations continue to get worse.  

It is also worth noting that the younger generations (Gen Z, Millenials, etc.) have little to no faith in the government and the past few years have not helped. The government has made decisions without the foresight of the impact their decisions will have on the younger generations, and this goes well beyond COVID. In a discussion yesterday in my US History class on what happened at the Capitol, I was blown away by the overwhelming majority of the students saying, "it doesn't matter," "nothings going to change," "they don't listen to the people," and things along those lines. Probably the most telling statement a kid made after I stated that people were killed, his response, "people die from drug overdoses every day, people are murdered every day, kids commit suicide every day, students get shot in schools every year, cops kill bad people every day, and the government doesn't do anything to stop it, so why should we even listen to them if they don't listen to us?" Sadly, it's hard to find an argument against this but this is very indicative of how the youth view government.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus, newcom and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Trump has already taken some responsibility for what happened

Really?  I've been watching CNN and visiting their website pretty exclusively in the past week. I would think they would be all over this if Trump took responsibility for what happened. I can't believe I missed it!

Would you mind quoting him or providing a link where he took "some responsibility for what happened."
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Really?   I've been watching CNN and visiting their website pretty exclusively in the past week.  I would think they would be all over this if Trump took responsibility for what happened.  I can't believe I missed it!

Would you mind quoting him or providing a link where he took "some responsibility for what happened."

Posted last evening.
"I asked him personally today if he holds responsibility for what happened, if he feels bad about what happened. He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened."
https://news.yahoo.com/mccarthy-says-trump-accepts-responsibility-034305059.html

It's not a direct quote but I do see that he is saying today he is no responsible. Pretty typical of him.

And he accepted defeat.
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-acknowledges-election-defeat-capitol-violence/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 pm

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Really?   I've been watching CNN and visiting their website pretty exclusively in the past week.  I would think they would be all over this if Trump took responsibility for what happened.  I can't believe I missed it!

Posted last evening.
"I asked him personally today if he holds responsibility for what happened, if he feels bad about what happened. He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened."
https://news.yahoo.com/mccarthy-says-trump-accepts-responsibility-034305059.html

It's not a direct quote but I do see that he is saying today he is no responsible.  Pretty typical of him.

And he accepted defeat.
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/trump-acknowledges-election-defeat-capitol-violence/

Some politician friend of Trump's says that Trump acknowledges "some responsibility" for what happened. Pretty sure the lawyers call that hearsay.

Even if he PUBLICLY states that he accepts responsibility, which he hasn't done so far, I'd have to take what he says with a mountain of salt since it is abundantly clear that lying is something that comes easily to him.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Posted last evening.

It's not a direct quote but I do see that he is saying today he is no responsible.  Pretty typical of him.

And he accepted defeat.

Some politician friend of Trump's says that Trump acknowledges "some responsibility" for what happened. Pretty sure the lawyers call that hearsay.

Even if he PUBLICLY states that he accepts responsibility, which he hasn't done so far, I'd have to take what he says with a mountain of salt since it is abundantly clear that lying is something that comes easily to him.

A released video isn't public? So he has to do it in person to mean anything? Either way, the Dems can keep dragging this on but as I said, it's not doing any to help the larger situation in fixing the flaws in our government that them, Trump, the Republicans, and all members of Congress are responsible. Would be nice to see them take some responsibility for their constant attacks on each other accepting lobbyist's campaign contributions to guide their legislative decisions.

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Trump said today that this impeachment thing that Pelosi and Schumer are doing is a terrible thing for this country and will make many people angry. He’s right about making a lot of Trump supporters angry. If there are more attacks at various state capitols I don’t think it would bother Trump. He loves those folks.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Trump said today that this impeachment thing that Pelosi and Schumer are doing is a terrible thing for this country and will make many people angry. He’s right about making a lot of Trump supporters angry. If there are more attacks at various state capitols I don’t think it would bother Trump. He loves those folks.

Exactly, why continue to stir the pot? Just to prove a point that has already been proven? I've seen where an impeachment will take away his pension, secret service detail, both of which he likely doesn't even care. But no matter how hard they try, he was still the President and they will never take that away from him.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Trump said today that this impeachment thing that Pelosi and Schumer are doing is a terrible thing for this country and will make many people angry. He’s right about making a lot of Trump supporters angry. If there are more attacks at various state capitols I don’t think it would bother Trump. He loves those folks.

Exactly, why continue to stir the pot? Just to prove a point that has already been proven? I've seen where an impeachment will take away his pension, secret service detail, both of which he likely doesn't even care. But no matter how hard they try, he was still the President and they will never take that away from him.

I agree , I don’t think they have the votes anyway. A week from today Trump plans on leaving Washington.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Can't make this shit up.....

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 10 Twitte10

Douche
Douche