Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 6 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 am

On another note...the wife and I were talking last night; this is exactly where are nation is right now; Dems, instead of just letting this dumbass leave and walk out in less than two weeks and moving on, they're doing exactly what politicians do in our nation; play to the ignorant electorate in order to get re-elected. Just like Trump knows he's got a bunch of people who support him that don't understand how our government works and get riled up when he makes any type of stupid comment; Dems are doing the same thing pleading for the cabinet to invoke the 25th. That process would take so long and drag out it wouldn't even be worth it. Just let this moron go quietly and be done with him. But no, Pelosi and Schumer are pleading and telling everyone this is the answer...just to get people riled up. There's really no reason for that. Again, further proof none of them are any good!

lefty120
Bee-otch

BirdWatcher, general maximus, tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:22 am

Trump said a month ago that he couldn't guarantee a peaceful transition to the next administration. We know now what he was talking about.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:28 am

lefty120 wrote:Completely agree H.I...but that tweet still made me laugh out loud.  

That's because it was funny.

Humor is missed badly at times.

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:34 am

lefty120 wrote:On another note...the wife and I were talking last night; this is exactly where are nation is right now; Dems, instead of just letting this dumbass leave and walk out in less than two weeks and moving on, they're doing exactly what politicians do in our nation; play to the ignorant electorate in order to get re-elected.  Just like Trump knows he's got a bunch of people who support him that don't understand how our government works and get riled up when he makes any type of stupid comment; Dems are doing the same thing pleading for the cabinet to invoke the 25th.  That process would take so long and drag out it wouldn't even be worth it.  Just let this moron go quietly and be done with him.  But no, Pelosi and Schumer are pleading and telling everyone this is the answer...just to get people riled up.  There's really no reason for that.  Again, further proof none of them are any good!  

Part of me agrees with this.

But part of me says "Impeach him". "Do it now and end the chance that he can run again in 2024".

I'm thinking that second part of me is smarter than the first.

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:39 am

Teetime wrote:President-elect Biden insisted yesterday that the Capitol invasion force not be called “protestors”, but rather “domestic terrorists”.

The Capitol police officer who was beaten with a fire extinguisher died yesterday so now they are also cop killers.

But he said nothing when our cities were being destroyed, rather hid in his basement..

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

general maximus and wolverine55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:40 am

lefty120 wrote:On another note...the wife and I were talking last night; this is exactly where are nation is right now; Dems, instead of just letting this dumbass leave and walk out in less than two weeks and moving on, they're doing exactly what politicians do in our nation; play to the ignorant electorate in order to get re-elected.  Just like Trump knows he's got a bunch of people who support him that don't understand how our government works and get riled up when he makes any type of stupid comment; Dems are doing the same thing pleading for the cabinet to invoke the 25th.  That process would take so long and drag out it wouldn't even be worth it.  Just let this moron go quietly and be done with him.  But no, Pelosi and Schumer are pleading and telling everyone this is the answer...just to get people riled up.  There's really no reason for that.  Again, further proof none of them are any good!  

I've been saying this for a long time. Stop drawing attention to him. It is pointless at this point to try and remove him. He has very little of his Cabinet left and a very small amount of support. Pelosi and crew just want to be able to say that they achieved their goal of the past 4 years and removed him from office before his tenure was up.

The more I think about it, the more I do not thin Trump even wanted to win. When he was elected, I think he believed that he would be able to create change in Washington DC but once he took office, he realized how difficult it would be to "drain the swamp" because of the substantial amount of corruption. Whenever he tried to do something he was attacked by all sides, something that I do not think he was expecting. As time went on he grew more and more frustrated with the system and liked the title of president but didn't like the job. Also, he quickly realized that he was not qualified to even do the job. Hell, I think he was even surprised when he won back in 2016.

But given his nature, when the 2020 campaign started he did not want to appear weak so he started acting solely for his base. He did very little in this election to appeal to anyone other than his base. His thinking was basically, "let me put something crazy on Twitter that my base will love but not appeal to anyone to vote for me." He did very little to get any moderates on his side because he didn't want them on his side. What happened this week was his appeal to his supporters. And let's get one thing straight, just because people voted for him doesn't exactly mean they supported all of his motives. He didn't care what the outcome was but he just did not want to appear weak.

Sounds a bit crazy I know but given his character and his past, I wouldn't put it past him.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and newcom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:43 am

Teetime wrote:

Part of me agrees with this.

But part of me says "Impeach him". "Do it now and end the chance that he can run again in 2024".

I'm thinking that second part of me is smarter than the first.

He has zero chance of being the GOP nominee, much less winning the election

The Democrats are just looking stupid with their crap.. Biden needs to stop trashing Trump, Democratic leadership in Congress needs to just let the impeachment crap go, its 12 days and its all over..

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

wolverine55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:43 am

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:But he said nothing when our cities were being destroyed, rather hid in his basement..

Untrue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/07/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-several-times/6576824002/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:44 am

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:He has zero chance of being the GOP nominee, much less winning the election..

Exactly what I said in 2015.

Admin

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:45 am

I agree with that. Most Republicans are jumping off that ship. No way he would be the GOP candidate in 2024. I told someone back in October I wish the Republicans had ran Pence in this election...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 am

Teetime wrote:
HHSTigerFan2 wrote:But he said nothing when our cities were being destroyed, rather hid in his basement..

Untrue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/07/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-several-times/6576824002/

Huge difference in responses, MUCH harsher on the mess two days ago... over the summer was just a few mild comments despite there being riots every day..

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:Huge difference in responses, MUCH harsher on the mess two days ago... over the summer was just a few mild comments despite there being riots every day..

I agree. He also wasn't the President during the summer.

In contrast...our actual president, upon hearing that his supporters had ransacked the Capitol, issued a statement on twitter that was mostly about how he had won the election.

We need to make sure he can never run again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Howard Stern did an interview with Hillary back in December 2019...say what you will about either of those individuals, but it was a pretty good interview. She said that the night she lost, she called Trump on the phone to concede, and that he couldn't hardly talk he was so shocked. This goes to prove much of what Dusty has said and I tend to agree with.

lefty120
Bee-otch

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:12 pm

The death toll in the attack on the Capitol has risen to 5. The Capitol police officer who was beaten with a fire extinguisher has died.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Teetime wrote:

We need to make sure he can never run again.

Do you really think that will happen?  First, there is no way he will have any backing from the Republican Party and he has lost most of his supporters, other than his base. I don't think he ever expected to be president and I don't think he has any aspirations to run for President again. Going through the impeachment process is a waste of time and resources.  We have bigger problems to solve in our country and instead of wasting time and resources on a political power struggle, why not sit down and solve the other problems in our country.

But I'm sure the liberal media is going to put the fear in people that he is going to run again. I am not buying into that narrative and I believe 100% his political career is over. Both he and the American people will be happier with him golfing at Mar-A-Lago.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone1 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:43 pm

One of the reasons I like this board is because it doesn't get too political.  But since the Idiot Governor will not allow us to play sports I guess there is not much else to talk about but politics.  

The attack on the Capitol made me sick to my stomach.  I was not so much afraid for our Congressmen and women, but for their staffers.  They were left unprotected and their offices are easy to get to.  As a Trump supporter and Republican, Trump went WAY overboard on his speech and I was surprised he did not have the FBI arresting him that evening.

The crowd that stormed the capitol did not reflect the Republican values of the party I support, but when you look at the people who were leading the assault, they seemed to have backpacks, riot shields and gas mask.  I don't believe the guy that had the Horned Buffalo hat with no shirt, stood out in the cold for 6 hours dressed that way.  DC has Cameras everywhere so it will be interesting if/when we ever see the report of what happened and the backgrounds of many of the people

As far as the GOP being dead, I don't think so.  If you look at history when a party gains control Executive and Legislative bodies, they eat their own and usually lose one of the legislative bodies in the next cycle.

My final thought on this is what we witnessed in Georgia was nothing short of a Legal Bribe for votes.  When the Senate stopped the $2000 checks, the Democrats campaigned on vote us in and we will get you your $2000.  It was brilliant and cost the Republicans the Senate.  The next two years will be interesting.  

I cannot wait for Football to start back up.

Cyclone1
Cyclone1
Bee-otch

general maximus, lefty120, tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Gov Reynolds in Iowa just released a statement saying she was lifting attendance restrictions on our sporting events. Personally, I'm beyond thrilled we're still playing in Iowa but do hope we as a school decide to keep our restrictions in place. Before she released this, two tickets per participant was the attendance guideline.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:41 pm

Cyclone1 wrote:One of the reasons I like this board is because it doesn't get too political.  But since the Idiot Governor will not allow us to play sports I guess there is not much else to talk about but politics.  

The attack on the Capitol made me sick to my stomach.  I was not so much afraid for our Congressmen and women, but for their staffers.  They were left unprotected and their offices are easy to get to.  As a Trump supporter and Republican, Trump went WAY overboard on his speech and I was surprised he did not have the FBI arresting him that evening.

The crowd that stormed the capitol did not reflect the Republican values of the party I support, but when you look at the people who were leading the assault, they seemed to have backpacks, riot shields and gas mask.  I don't believe the guy that had the Horned Buffalo hat with no shirt, stood out in the cold for 6 hours dressed that way.  DC has Cameras everywhere so it will be interesting if/when we ever see the report of what happened and the backgrounds of many of the people

As far as the GOP being dead, I don't think so.  If you look at history when a party gains control Executive and Legislative bodies, they eat their own and usually lose one of the legislative bodies in the next cycle.

My final thought on this is what we witnessed in Georgia was nothing short of a Legal Bribe for votes.  When the Senate stopped the $2000 checks, the Democrats campaigned on vote us in and we will get you your $2000.  It was brilliant and cost the Republicans the Senate.  The next two years will be interesting.  

I cannot wait for Football to start back up.

I pretty much agree with all this. The Democrats will be in control for a while and we will become dissatisfied and put the GOP back in. We will get dissatisfied with them and repeat the cycle. The two party system doesn't work any more.
The FBI has already received 4000 phone calls identifying rioters in the Capitol. There will be justice.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Cyclone1 wrote:My final thought on this is what we witnessed in Georgia was nothing short of a Legal Bribe for votes.  When the Senate stopped the $2000 checks, the Democrats campaigned on vote us in and we will get you your $2000.  It was brilliant and cost the Republicans the Senate. .

Except both of the Republican candidates also supported the $2,000 checks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531948-georgia-senators-throw-support-behind-2000-stimulus-checks

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:55 pm

The rioter who was filmed sitting in Pelosi's office with his feet propped up has been arrested and charged with 3 Federal counts. I'll bet he isn't laughing now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone1 Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Teetime wrote:
Cyclone1 wrote:My final thought on this is what we witnessed in Georgia was nothing short of a Legal Bribe for votes.  When the Senate stopped the $2000 checks, the Democrats campaigned on vote us in and we will get you your $2000.  It was brilliant and cost the Republicans the Senate. .

Except both of the Republican candidates also supported the $2,000 checks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531948-georgia-senators-throw-support-behind-2000-stimulus-checks

I agree, but the word was out on the campaign trail that if they wanted their checks they needed to vote the Dems in. I am not saying it was the only cause of them winning, (Trump didn't help them either) but from people I know down there working, it was a big factor. They were trying to push McConnell to allow the vote and he would not budge.
Cyclone1
Cyclone1
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:09 pm

OSUBucks wrote:The rioter who was filmed sitting in Pelosi's office with his feet propped up has been arrested and charged with 3 Federal counts. I'll bet he isn't laughing now.

Yes.

He said he wasn't Antifa or BLM, just a regular Trump supporter...oh, and he identifies himself as a white nationalist.

Here the terrorists are after Sen. Lindsey Graham.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/01/08/trump_supporters_heckle_lindsey_graham_at_airport_traitor_you_wont_be_able_to_walk_down_the_street.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:The rioter who was filmed sitting in Pelosi's office with his feet propped up has been arrested and charged with 3 Federal counts. I'll bet he isn't laughing now.

Yes.

He said he wasn't Antifa or BLM, just a regular Trump supporter...oh, and he identifies himself as a white nationalist.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/01/08/trump_supporters_heckle_lindsey_graham_at_airport_traitor_you_wont_be_able_to_walk_down_the_street.html

I noticed one of them was wearing a Q anon T shirt. Laughing Trump has appointed two men with White Nationalist ties since losing the election.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Teetime wrote:

Yes.

charged with entering and remaining on restricting grounds, violent entry, and theft of public property. lock up that terrorist. i'll sleep better tonight...
nice of biden voters to call the town he's from making threats...i'm sure biden and his supporters with condemn that...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Teetime wrote:

Yes.

Man, that is crazy video to watch (among many of them this week). These people truly believe it was stolen, I just don't understand how people believe anything Trump says no matter how much evidence there is out there otherwise. What has he done for them that make them worship him so much? It blows my mind.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum