Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party Empty R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by ramblinman Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Today in the hallowed halls of Congress, the nails start getting pounded into the casket into which the Republican party as we once knew it is being laid to rest.  All that remains is for the final nails to be pounded and for the casket to be lowered into the earth and be covered up.  It may take up to several years for the whole process to take place, but take place it will.

I will miss the GOP as it was prior to its hijacking by Tea Partiers and Trumpians.  

Moving forward, I would like nothing better than for the whole two party "system" to implode and what emerges be something along the lines of four parties -- one far left, one center left, one center right, and one far right; none of which having a majority in either the Senate or the House.  Force them to work together to build coalitions. In this regard, perhaps the GOP is ahead of the Dems.  Perhaps The Squad will take a page from the Trumpians and drive a wedge into the Democratic Party and cause it to split apart as well.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime, OSUBucks and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:44 pm

What I saw on TV when I was home at lunch was absolutely ridiculous. People actually forcefully entering the Capitol building with nothing other than the intent to do harm. This has become a joke. And lets not forget yet another episode in our President's inability to understand the Constitution and basic law in our nation.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

This is NOT a joke.

This is what happens when a President foments violence. There has never been a more incompetent, corrupt man that has held that office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/trump-protesters-storm-capitol-triggering-lockdown

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Trump has been pining for this for weeks. He's convinced a lot of people who support him that the election was stolen from him. When you think about this you really shouldn't be surprised. Trump got what he wanted. It's always been all about him and screw the country. His massive ego still can't accept that the American people fired him.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:Today in the hallowed halls of Congress, the nails start getting pounded into the casket into which the Republican party as we once knew it is being laid to rest.  All that remains is for the final nails to be pounded and for the casket to be lowered into the earth and be covered up.  It may take up to several years for the whole process to take place, but take place it will.

I will miss the GOP as it was prior to its hijacking by Tea Partiers and Trumpians.  

Moving forward, I would like nothing better than for the whole two party "system" to implode and what emerges be something along the lines of four parties -- one far left, one center left, one center right, and one far right; none of which having a majority in either the Senate or the House.  Force them to work together to build coalitions. In this regard, perhaps the GOP is ahead of the Dems.  Perhaps The Squad will take a page from the Trumpians and drive a wedge into the Democratic Party and cause it to split apart as well.

You are correct in you assessment on the American political system here. A two-party system only works if the two parties are willing to work together and since the 90s, I guess you could argue it started with Clinton's impeachment, they are moving further and further apart and are less willing to accept compromise from the other side. This situation has been steadily declining over the past 20+ years and ow we are at a point where they will change their ideology and beliefs just to disagree with the other side. Neither side is more guilty than the other, both are responsible for the mess they have created.

As for Trump, many people saw him as a solution to the corruption in Washington but were not privy to who the Don really was. He is a public figure and is more about attention to himself and he has been since the 70s. I have said this many times on this board. He is doing exactly what he has always done but he does have a high amount of support from certain groups of people who refuse to accept the change that occurred in November.

The sad thing is I can see this happening again. People are so divided among so many issues and we are rarely told the truth of the matter by the media which contributes more to the division. Luckily, my source of news is usually from this board and I belive I learn more about the other side from the posters that disagree with me than I would ever learn from the nightly news.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:09 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Moving forward, I would like nothing better than for the whole two party "system" to implode and what emerges be something along the lines of four parties -- one far left, one center left, one center right, and one far right; none of which having a majority in either the Senate or the House
This would require a near total rewrite of election law. The two parties have legislated this into near impossibility.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Trump just released a taped statement. He's telling his supporters to go home. He's also telling them that we were all robbed, that the election was fraudulent, that they won in a landslide. Not sure how much this will help.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

They have a right to peacefully protest, right?
I'm seeing the vast majority of the people in attendance peacefully protesting.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:36 pm

A President can be Impeached after leaving office. I'm not sure he will be but it would be wise if Trump were prohibited from running for Federal office again.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:40 pm

tps wrote:They have a right to peacefully protest, right?

They forcefully stormed the capital and they stopped the electoral vote count. No, they don't have a right to do that.

Last edited by OSUBucks on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:41 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

They forcefully stormed the capital an they stopped the electoral vote count. No, they don't have a right to do that.

did you read line 2?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:42 pm

I almost never give a dislike on this site, but that earned one.

Have you seen the assholes inside the Capitol breaking windows chasing back police officers who were trying to keep them out of the chambers of Congress?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:45 pm

Teetime wrote:

Have you seen the assholes inside the Capitol breaking windows chasing back police officers who were trying to keep them out of the chambers of Congress?

they broke the law and should face justice.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

They were no longer protesters when they reached the Capitol grounds and used a chemical agent to disperse Capitol police and then scale the fence and force their way into the Capitol. They are rioters at that point.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:

they broke the law and should face justice.

i wonder if media outlets will report one of the trump supporters who was trespassing was shot in the neck. reports so far saying it was an unarmed woman.
i also wonder how many will now condemn these actions but were silent or promoted the arson, looting and riots from this summer?
i've read a few 'reports' that there are a few 'ideas', sorry, i mean antifa mixed in the protesters who entered the capital building. i have not seen this confirmed.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Too bad she felt it was safe to engage in violent behavior against the police.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:40 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Too bad she felt it was safe to engage in violent behavior against the police.
WOW

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:50 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Too bad she felt it was safe to engage in violent behavior against the police.
WOW

I just learned that the women has died. She was shot in the chest. She was shot in the Capitol building.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Teetime wrote:

Just to play devils advocate and understand I do not approve of the actions of these protesters but is this behavior any different than what we saw in the protests over the summer? Or what happened in Seattle and Portland? They took over a police precinct, should they be prosecuted as well?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:01 pm

OSUBucks wrote:They were no longer protesters when they reached the Capitol grounds and used a chemical agent to disperse Capitol police and then scale the fence and force their way into the Capitol. They are rioters at that point.

Associated Press disagrees.....

APStylebook

Sep 30, 2020
Protest and demonstration refer to specific actions such as marches, sit-ins, rallies or other actions meant to register dissent. They can be legal or illegal, organized or spontaneous, peaceful or violent, and involve any number of people.

I'd say, like CNN, that these protest were "mostly peaceful.'

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:03 pm

I also want to say, I don't agree with ramblin' very often, but I do agree that I'd prefer to see 4 strong, independent parties run this country. Preferably Democrats, Republicans, Progressive Libertarians & Conservative Libertarians.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:24 pm

A group of up to 10k people basically sought to overturn the results of a legal and honest election. Apparently they believed the lie the President has been parroting for months that the election was rigged and that he really won. If not for that lie the woman who was killed would still be alive.
I don't support violence against police whether it be those protesting the death of George Floyd or those who can't reconcile with the fact that their man lost an election. Some of those folks at the Capitol today were armed, guns have been confiscated by police. There were a bunch of right wing nuts who really embarrassed our country today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:27 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:They were no longer protesters when they reached the Capitol grounds and used a chemical agent to disperse Capitol police and then scale the fence and force their way into the Capitol. They are rioters at that point.

Associated Press disagrees.....

APStylebook

Sep 30, 2020
Protest and demonstration refer to specific actions such as marches, sit-ins, rallies or other actions meant to register dissent. They can be legal or illegal, organized or spontaneous, peaceful or violent, and involve any number of people.

I'd say, like CNN, that these protest were "mostly peaceful.'

I disagree, they were there to stop the process of certifying an election that their guy had lost. That's not legal.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Just to play devils advocate and understand I do not approve of the actions of these protesters but is this behavior any different than what we saw in the protests over the summer? Or what happened in Seattle and Portland?  They took over a police precinct, should they be prosecuted as well?

You bet. And I said so then.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:03 pm

The Vice President had to order the National Guard into DC.

The President was too busy watching TV.

Here is Sen. Josh Hawley egging on the “ protesters”

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article248316415.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum