Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 2 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Biden is going to have his hands full trying to unite the country after this. He has said before that he didn't favor prosecuting Trump after he leaves office because he thought it would hinder his efforts in bringing the country together.
As far as today's protesters go, they aren't patriots and today wasn't the Boston Tea Party.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
As far as today's protesters go, they aren't patriots and today wasn't the Boston Tea Party.
I don't disagree with you, but that's what the English said about the Boston Tea Party.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
I don't disagree with you, but that's what the English said about the Boston Tea Party.

True, but these guys right's aren't being infringed upon. Some were carrying guns which they have a right to own. At least half weren't wearing masks. Some were asked why they weren't wearing masks an replied that they thought it was an infringement on their rights. Americans have a lot of freedoms that residents of other countries don't have. This was all orchestrated by Trump, who is still being a dick about losing the election. He has two more weeks in office. That seems like a long time considering how unstable he appears to be.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Reminder that our nation's capital looked like this at the beginning of the summer and most Democrats/media shrugged it off as mostly peaceful...  

May 31, 2020

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 2 Dc_may10

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 pm

CNN's Chris Cuomo: "Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful."

In May.

Douche
Douche

tps and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Pretty poor comparison. In the Spring they were protesting injustices which unfortunately still exist in our country in how blacks are profiled and treated.
Today's protest were about a megalomaniac President who can't accept the fact that he was fired by the American people and incited his foolish supporters to march upon the Capitol.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:44 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Too bad she felt it was safe to engage in violent behavior against the police.
WOW
Her name was Ashli Babbit. rip
https://www.kusi.com/kusi-news-confirms-identity-of-woman-shot-and-killed-inside-us-capitol/

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Pretty poor comparison. In the Spring they were protesting injustices which unfortunately still exist in our country in how blacks are profiled and treated.
Today's protest were about a megalomaniac President who can't accept the fact that he was fired by the American people and incited his foolish supporters to march upon the Capitol.

Violence was wrong then and it was wrong today, right?
Which 'they'? Blm or antifa?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Pretty poor comparison. In the Spring they were protesting injustices which unfortunately still exist in our country in how blacks are profiled and treated.

Violence was wrong then and it was wrong today,  right?

Maybe we can try to stay on topic for a change. There was an ugly event in DC a few hours ago. We've got an old thread on here somewhere about George Floyd being suffocated by a cop and the ensuing protests.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:21 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
tps wrote:

Violence was wrong then and it was wrong today,  right?

Maybe we can try to stay on topic for a change. There was an ugly event in DC a few hours ago. We've got an old thread on here somewhere about George Floyd being suffocated by a cop and the ensuing protests.

You answered my question.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Violence is wrong. It’s wrong in May, June and January.

Violence was the only thing the “Floyd riots” and today’s attack on our nations capitol have in common.

Today, for the first time in 200 years, the capitol building was breached by an opposition force. It was domestic terrorism that caused today’s violence. Terrorists who act against their own country are guilty of treason.

Rioters who protest the mistreatment of their race are not terrorists, nor are they guilty of treason.

See the difference? It’s a huge difference. I’m hoping you see it.

Admin

general maximus, OSUBucks and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Teetime wrote:It was domestic terrorism that caused today’s violence. Terrorists who act against their own country are guilty of treason.
Isn't burning and looting and vandalizing police stations and other government buildings acting against domestic terrorism?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 am

Black Lives Matters protest because they are being murdered. Trump’s terrorists break into the Capital because they didn't get their way.

Treason is action in an attempt to overthrow the government. That is what happened today.

Occupying or even burning down the police station is not treason. It is an act of defiance following the murder of a black man by a police officer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 am

So, terrorism is acceptable in some instances, but not others?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:33 am

Violence is never acceptable. Lots of BLM rioters were arrested and jailed and rightfully so.

Today the Capitol Police let the domestic terrorists go free. I wonder why?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:38 am

The causes of the so called "protests" may be different but the actions were similar in nature. Both groups were looking for violence and wanted to create chaos.

Trump's actions today were idiotic but regardless of what he said today or any other day, there were people who had their minds set on what they were going to do just like the "protesters" during the summer. Their goal was not protesting injustice, it was to loot , riot, and create chaos. Today's "protesters" goal was to delay or prevent the official vote for president. They were successful in the delay but not the prevention.

If both groups want to see the change they want, they would be more successful going about it peacefully rather than violently. But both groups have bad apples (Antifa, Proud Boys, BLM) that take a peaceful movement and incite the violence we are now so used to seeing.

My nephew texted me asking what was happening, I was in school and had no clue so I just told him to turn on the news. His response, "eh, I really don't care that much, nothing will change anyway." And this 15 year old kid is probably 100% correct. Why bother getting heated on the situation because nothing is going to change. I think most Americans have become desensitized and apathetic about any meaningful change to occur.

However, I do believe that this election was somewhat of a cluster because we have such an antiquated system of voting. If mail in ballots are going to become the norm, the law needs to be changed to count those votes as they are received so we do not have the delay in the results from more densely populated areas. Like many things on our country, I think the situation with Trump challenging the results, which snowballed into what happened today, could have been prevented with updated election laws and counting the votes early rather than later. Also, when my step dad and dead mother each received 2 mail in ballots, that is a major issue. Would have been pretty easy for my step dad to fill them out and vote 4 times and if the election judge is a member of the party he voted for, all 4 votes may be counted. New systems need to be created to prevent this type of situation from happening. If not, we will start seeing these type of action every election.

Last edited by dusty7 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 am

Obviously because they're white.

Didn't a lot of the summer protestors go free initially too, but were later arrested due to video footage? There wasn't a single person arrested at the time that Minneapolis police station was burnt or when the Seattle one was occupied. Any arrests in those instances happened afterword. Both buildings were ordered vacated prior to the incidents.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:45 am

dusty7 wrote:My nephew texted me asking what was happening, I was in school and had no clue so I just told him to turn on the news.  His response, "eh, I really don't care that much, nothing will change anyway." And this 15 year old kid is probably 100% correct.  Why bother getting heated on the situation because nothing is going to change.  I think most Americans have become desensitized and apathetic about any meaningful change to occur.
I think the only way anything is ever going to change is through violence and revolution. The government DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US. That has not, nor will it change without a change in the system. They (Dems and Reps) have set the system up so that they'll maintain power indefinitely. There's been a lot of talk today about our "democracy", but what kind of "democracy" do you really have when you only have two choices that are usually decided by the elite members of each party?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:47 am

And for the record, Trump's comments and his supporters are completely wrong about this. In no way am I arguing this.

What I am saying is that you can't condone one use of violence as noble and justified and one as treasonous just because you support the cause behind it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 am

dusty7 wrote:However, I do believe that this election was somewhat of a cluster because we have such an antiquated system of voting.  If mail in ballots are going to become the norm, the law needs to be changed to count those votes as they are received so we do not have the delay in the results from more densely populated areas.  Like many things on our country, I think the situation with Trump challenging the results, which snowballed into what happened today, could have been prevented with updated election laws and counting the votes early rather than later.  Also, when my step dad and dead mother each received 2 mail in ballots, that is a major issue.  Would have been pretty easy for my step dad to fill them out and vote 4 times. New systems need to be created to prevent this type of situation from happening.  If no, we will start seeing these type of action every election.

Jesus Christ, dusty. The reason there was so much more mail in voting was the pandemic.

People tried to mimic the systems in place in states that have been mail in voting for years. In many Republican controlled states, the legislature wouldn’t let them count the mail in votes until after the same day vote was counted. The Trump administration insisted on that. They wanted to create the myth that fraud was being committed. They built the problem and did it on purpose. I don’t know where your relatives live but in Illinois you had to request a mail in ballot. Once your vote was accepted it was impossible to vote a second time.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 am

It kind of felt like an attempted coup d' etat orchestrated by Trump. He gave his followers their marching orders and they went straight to the Capitol. Is the US going to become a Banana Republic?  Smile  Luckily the protesters were pretty disorganized and order has been restored.
Tonight a majority of GOP members in the House voted yes to an objection to the Electoral vote count. None have offered any proof that the election was tainted. I guess they just fear Trump. The GOP has followed Trump down the rabbit hole.

Last edited by OSUBucks on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 am

Head Idiot wrote:What I am saying is that you can't condone one use of violence as noble and justified and one as treasonous just because you support the cause behind it.

Who did that?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am

OSUBucks wrote:The GOP has followed Trump down the rabbit hole.
This is 100% truth.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:52 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:What I am saying is that you can't condone one use of violence as noble and justified and one as treasonous just because you support the cause behind it.

Who did that?
Virtually every media organization in our country and many leading Democrat politicians.

Just like Trump sugar-coated conservative violence and freaked out this summer.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:56 am

Teetime wrote:Today, for the first time in 200 years, the capitol building was breached by an opposition force.

So the anti-Kavanaugh folks who occupied the Senate in 2018 weren't an 'opposition force?'  Cool

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 2 Antika10

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum