Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 3 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:06 am

Teetime wrote:
Jesus Christ, dusty. The reason there was so much more mail in voting was the pandemic.

People tried to mimic the systems in place in states that have been New in voting for years. In many Republican controlled states, the legislature wouldn’t let them count the mail in votes until after the same day vote was counted. The Trump administration insisted on that. They wanted to create the myth that fraud was being committed. They built the problem and did it on purpose. I don’t know where your relatives live but in Illinois you had to request a mail in ballot. Once your vote was accepted it was impossible to vote a second time.

I know that there was more mail in ballot due to the pandemic but I can see this become the norm or the "new" way of voting. The Dems certainly favor this approach and the Reps not so much.

All of your statement is exactly what needs to be solved. It needs to be the same for every state, or at least similar, for how votes are counted and the incumbent party, opposing party, or either candidate should not be involved. For a truly fair and democratic system, political parties should not be involved in how the election is administered. Each party will do what they can to sway the vote in their favor, just like they do when they draw district lines. All in all, our process for electing our leaders is bullshit.

Last edited by dusty7 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 am; edited 3 times in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 am

Those women do look angry. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:My nephew texted me asking what was happening, I was in school and had no clue so I just told him to turn on the news.  His response, "eh, I really don't care that much, nothing will change anyway." And this 15 year old kid is probably 100% correct.  Why bother getting heated on the situation because nothing is going to change.  I think most Americans have become desensitized and apathetic about any meaningful change to occur.
I think the only way anything is ever going to change is through violence and revolution. The government DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US. That has not, nor will it change without a change in the system. They (Dems and Reps) have set the system up so that they'll maintain power indefinitely. There's been a lot of talk today about our "democracy", but what kind of "democracy" do you really have when you only have two choices that are usually decided by the elite members of each party?

You make some good points here. The 2 party system stinks. Both parties take in tons of money from powerful special interests. Their priorities get taken care of first. Occasionally a few scraps are thrown to the average working man or woman.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:35 am

Is there a legit chance that Trump won't last two more weeks? I can't say for sure but I doubt that we'll ever see the likes of him again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-leaders-float-invoking-25th-amendment-to-remove-trump-from-office/ar-BB1cxgX6?ocid=Peregrine
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:42 am

OSUBucks wrote:Is there a legit chance that Trump won't last two more weeks? I can't say for sure but I doubt that we'll ever see the likes of him again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-leaders-float-invoking-25th-amendment-to-remove-trump-from-office/ar-BB1cxgX6?ocid=Peregrine

Yeah, I don't know if he will completely go away. If Congress wants to deal with the entire impeachment process for two weeks it will likely be a complete waste of time and would likely create another situation like we saw yesterday. But, I think that Trump will be very quiet for the next two weeks. Congress approved the electoral count very early this morning and Trump stated there will be a peaceful transition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/01/06/congress-count-electoral-college-votes-biden-win/6556555002/

I am hoping that he realizes that the fight is over, he lost, and time for him to move on to his future endeavors. As a country, we need to stop letting the issues divide us and come up with solutions on how to solve the problems. The first solution would be a paradigm shift (i hate this phrase) in the media and becoming more honest, truthful, and to eliminate the obvious bias that has created the mess we are in.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:04 am

dusty7 wrote:the media and becoming more honest, truthful, and to eliminate the obvious bias that has created the mess we are in.  

Well, that ain't gonna happen.

On a positive note, with Dem's taking all three pieces and talking about spending another TRILLION dollars we don't have, Caterpillar stock rose 7% to an all-time high of $194. The DOW closed at another record, closing on 31,000.

Mrs. BW, sadly, panicked on election day and totally cashed out her 401k and investments. Cost her a pretty penny since she missed the 10% post-Trump Bump. No new truck for her in 2021.... Laughing She should've followed me into bitcoin.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am

What an effed up country we live in where the President has access to the codes to rain nuclear weapons down on other countries but he has been denied access to his social media accounts.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:48 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:Today, for the first time in 200 years, the capitol building was breached by an opposition force.

So the anti-Kavanaugh folks who occupied the Senate in 2018 weren't an 'opposition force?'

Correct.

They were not trying to overthrow the government, and those people in the picture were not at the Capitol Building.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 am

I'm hearing that 4 people died at the Capitol yesterday, not one. Besides the 1 woman who died while charging the police there were 3 medical emergencies that resulted in deaths.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:11 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:They were no longer protesters when they reached the Capitol grounds and used a chemical agent to disperse Capitol police and then scale the fence and force their way into the Capitol. They are rioters at that point.

Associated Press disagrees.....
APStylebook

Sep 30, 2020
Protest and demonstration refer to specific actions such as marches, sit-ins, rallies or other actions meant to register dissent. They can be legal or illegal, organized or spontaneous, peaceful or violent, and involve any number of people.

NPR guidance: we won’t be calling the people who stormed the Capitol ‘protestors’ - they are ‘pro-Trump extremists’ and what they are doing is ‘insurrection’.

NPR just moved into the #FakeNews ranks.

Insurrection. Meh. 52 arrests, 47 for 'curfew violation.'

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

The FBI is asking the public for information in identifying the rioters in the Capitol yesterday. Some of these guys will be identified and brought to justice if that's any consolation.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:15 pm

Leftists are just mad that right wingers actually went after the government itself instead of a small family owned shoe store.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Leftists are just mad that right wingers actually went after the government itself instead of a small family owned shoe store.

Not mad.

Thankful that the protestors on the left have more respect for the Constitution and principals on which our country was founded.

But you knew that. You are just trying to get a rise out of some of us.

The snowflakes that attacked the Senate and House chambers yesterday were upset that they lost an election. They were trying to overturn the will of the people with force.

Admin

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:39 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Leftists are just mad that right wingers actually went after the government itself instead of a small family owned shoe store.

It was an attempted coup and it failed miserably. The electoral vote count was accomplished.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Teetime wrote:
The snowflakes that attacked the Senate and House chambers yesterday were upset that they lost an election. They were trying to overturn the will of the people with force.  

As I stated earlier, I do not think it is far fetched to see this happening again. Especially if a "Squad" member ends up getting elected for 1 term then losing a 2nd term election.

You have a small but very loud group that supports their cause.

But why is it that whenever one side loses an election they are crying foul? Dems did it '16 and not Trump in 20. The discourse on both sides is pathetic. As upset as people were with Bush/Gore, neither side cried foul. They accepted the results and waited until the next election.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:55 pm

dusty7 wrote:As upset as people were with Bush/Gore, neither side cried foul. They accepted the results and waited until the next election.  
This is inaccurate as Dems have complained for years that Jeb "stole" that election for W.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Steal-Election-Brother-Miscalled/dp/1560259299

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/jun/06/uselections2000.usa

https://www.theunion.com/opinion/all-know-bush-stole-the-presidential-election/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Teetime wrote:
Thankful that the protestors on the left have more respect for the Constitution and principals on which our country was founded.  
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:03 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm hearing that 4 people died at the Capitol yesterday, not one. Besides the 1 woman who died while charging the police there were 3 medical emergencies that resulted in deaths.

i disagree with your description of charging the police
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1347076676342185984

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:07 pm

how would one describe a violent group of people and their actions who are trying to storm the white house that causes the president to be moved to a bunker?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm

So that is very graphic.

I think it shows a crowd pushing against a door that has been barricaded with furniture. Then a cop pops out of an area behind the door that the crowd was pushing on and fires one shot. The lady goes down. I'm assuming that was the lady that died.

Is that what you see?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 pm

tps wrote:how would one describe a violent group of people and their actions who are trying to storm the white house that causes the president to be moved to a bunker?

Do you mean this "storming''?

https://apnews.com/article/a2326518da6b25b4509bef1ec85f5d7f

That was the one where Trump "inspected" the bunker, and then called for an investigation into who leaked that he was in the bunker?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Teetime wrote:So that is very graphic.

I think it shows a crowd pushing against a door that has been barricaded with furniture. Then a cop pops out of an area behind the door that the crowd was pushing on and fires one shot. The lady goes down. I'm assuming that was the lady that died.

Is that what you see?

That lady and the others who were with her all put themselves in potentially dangerous situations. From videos I've seen I'm surprised by the restraint showed by the capitol police. They didn't make much of an effort to prevent the mob from entering the capitol. She might have been a good person who just got caught up in the emotions of that mob action. Her decision to follow the rest of the mob who forced there way in the capitol cost her her life.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

Well the principles of the Constitution are
1. Judicial Reivew
2. Separation of Power
3. Limited Government
4. Popular Sovereignty
5. Federalism
6. Checks and Balances
7. Individual Rights

Looking at the protests from the summer, I would say the protestors on the left did not respect Individual Rights when they were rioting, burning cars, looting businesses.

The actions of yesterday, I do not think it was a way to overthrow the government but rather a failed attempt to overthrow one of the processes in our government which is a violation of the principles. If it was a real attempt to overthrow the government, they would still be out there today and would not have given up so easily and they would use arms to protect themselves. Hell, by 11pm they were all gone and some individuals were able to escape with some memorabilia.

There has been some talk of the individual who was arrested being the same people who were arrested over the summer in the BLM protests. I guess that will all come out in time but not sure I am buying into that.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:37 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:So that is very graphic.

Is that what you see?

That lady and the others who were with her all put themselves in potentially dangerous situations. From videos I've seen I'm surprised by the restraint showed by the capitol police. They didn't make much of an effort to prevent the mob from entering the capitol. She might have been a good person who just got caught up in the emotions of that mob action. Her decision to follow the rest of the mob who forced there way in the capitol cost her her life.

Why didn't the capitol police make more of an effort to prevent the mob from entering the Capitol? Is it possible that some wanted this to happen but it got out of hand? Maybe Pence so that he could get away from dealing with the Trump BS? Maybe the Dems as a way tarnish Trump and his supporters? Maybe Reps and Dems to take the focus off of their failed COVID relief?

The mob basically walked right into our nation's Capitol, to me, something about the "restraint" by the Capitol police is very questionable.

I know this is far fetched, but is it?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:56 pm

tps wrote:how would one describe a violent group of people and their actions who are trying to storm the white house that causes the president to be moved to a bunker?

Less effective terrorists.  

Remember, they didn't get past the fence.  Didn't even step foot on the WH lawn.  By contrast, the ones from yesterday successfully forced their way past law enforcement officers into the Capitol building and proceeded to vandalize and desecrate the place.

Oh, and I thought that Trump didn't go to the bunker because of the protestors. Said Trump to Fox talking head Brian Kilmeade, “I was there for a tiny, short little period of time... two or three times, all for inspection”

Last edited by ramblinman on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum: