Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 18 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Since the 1990s, the pharma industry has largely ploughed most of its campaign fundraising into the Republican party. However, interestingly, in this year’s US election, they bucked the trend; according to the Centre for Responsive Politics’ Open Secrets, the industry gave significantly more to Biden and the Democrats. Biden received $6.3m from pharma, compared to $1.6m for Trump, while the Democrats in total received $32.6m, while Republicans received $19.8m.
https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/why-is-president-elect-joe-biden-a-good-pick-for-the-pharma-industry/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Since the 1990s, the pharma industry has largely ploughed most of its campaign fundraising into the Republican party. However, interestingly, in this year’s US election, they bucked the trend; according to the Centre for Responsive Politics’ Open Secrets, the industry gave significantly more to Biden and the Democrats. Biden received $6.3m from pharma, compared to $1.6m for Trump, while the Democrats in total received $32.6m, while Republicans received $19.8m.
https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/why-is-president-elect-joe-biden-a-good-pick-for-the-pharma-industry/

It's about the money. Did you expect something different from the Soros Party?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

It's about the money. Did you expect something different from the Soros Party?
I don't expect any different from either party, but I would wager most other people do.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:04 am

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:20 am

tps wrote:Amazon is against mail in voting...
https://www.outkick.com/jeff-bezos-amazon-mail-in-votes/

Hypocrite...just like every other government official
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:31 pm

Great idea by Ted Cruz! He’s proposing term limits for the US Congress. Two terms for Senators and 3 terms for Representatives. It won’t go anywhere though.

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Great idea by Ted Cruz! He’s proposing term limits for the US Congress. Two terms for Senators and 3 terms for Representatives. It won’t go anywhere though.

It's a fantastic idea that is dead before arrival.

Nancy Pelosi- Representative since 1987- 33 years
Chuck Schumer- in Congress since 1981- 39 years

They aren't limiting crap. And neither would the Republicans. They aren't cutting off that honey hole.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus, tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 am

dusty7 wrote:

jeff bezos also owns the washington post
recall signatures to oust the governor in california must be done in person.

biden has been busy.  in less than a week - sent troops into harms way, shutdown keystone pipeline causing thousands of layoffs - i'm sure they'll all find some green jobs next week, allow biological boys to play girls sports, ended deportations.

33 executive orders so far. i think thats a record. some would describe that as tyrannical. the mask one does not apply if you are celebrating. one was a travel restriction - what a xenophobe.
12 of these were because orange man bad.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Just my opinion but I’d take Harriet Tubman all day over the pro slavery Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:17 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Great idea by Ted Cruz! He’s proposing term limits for the US Congress. Two terms for Senators and 3 terms for Representatives. It won’t go anywhere though.

As a second term senator whose term expires in 2024, he probably sees the writing on the wall that he won't be re-elected to third term (or he doesn't want a third term). Either that, or he will try to run for President in 2024 (or be someone else's VP nominee) and will have to allow a different Republican to run for senator.

I do like the idea of term limits, though. I'd like them even more if senators and representatives both had three or four year terms. Two year terms for representatives result in them being in a constant re-election mode. Six year terms are too long for senators, IMO.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 pm

In my first post in this thread that I created back on January 6, I spoke about wanting a four party system. Check out this story from NBC just two days ago regarding four parties: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/what-if-america-s-four-political-parties-n1255450
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:27 pm

I don't remember you commenting about the inanity of the Trump administration dropping their support for the Tubman $20 in 2019 or during their 2016 presidential campaign.

How hypocritical.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:55 pm

tps wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

jeff bezos also owns the washington post
recall signatures to oust the governor in california must be done in person.

biden has been busy.  in less than a week - sent troops into harms way, shutdown keystone pipeline causing thousands of layoffs - i'm sure they'll all find some green jobs next week, allow biological boys to play girls sports, ended deportations.

33 executive orders so far. i think thats a record. some would describe that as tyrannical. the mask one does not apply if you are celebrating. one was a travel restriction - what a xenophobe.
12 of these were because orange man bad.

another EO revokes a trump EO that keeps foreign adversaries, like china, out of our power grid. why would joe want to allow china to mess in our power grid? maybe he likes china?
Joe calls it "Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis"

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:09 pm

I think we are to a point in American politics that whatever old president did that the new president didn't like, it will warrant an executive order to reverse the policies.

In my opinion, the Executive Order is being abused and has been abused by many presidents in the past. So now, we essentially have created an avenue for the sitting president to do whatever the hell they want by creating these Executive Orders. This is not how it is supposed to be. But Biden is being celebrated for basically reversing everything that Trump did and whoever is the next Republican president will do the same to reverse everything Biden did.

This SNL skit does a good job of summarizing the issue...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDSeb2zHQ0&t=8s
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Teetime wrote:

I don't remember you commenting about the inanity of the Trump administration dropping their support for the Tubman $20 in 2019 or during their 2016 presidential campaign.

How hypocritical.
I do not care one way or the other. Although I find two things interesting-
1. That a week after being inaugurated during the terrible pandemic we choose this as a thing we need to tackle and

2. That Andrew Jackson who pushed and succeeded in killing the federal bank is the figure that is being removed from the new bank's money while the creator of the first bank- Alexander Hamilton- has become a pop culture phenomenon thanks to a terribly historically inaccurate and biased Broadway musical.

I do remember this much about this type discussion- I remember at one point asking if we go after Jackson, where do we stop?  Are Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington next? And IIIRC, you said I was being overdramatic- as people said about Trump. Now, four years later, we're removing those people's names and statues because they're "problematic".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 pm

tps wrote:another EO revokes a trump EO that keeps foreign adversaries, like china, out of our power grid. why would joe want to allow china to mess in our power grid? maybe he likes china?
Joe calls it "Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis"
Couldn't possibky be because of his family's investments in one of China's power companies could it?
After his father left office in 2017, Hunter Biden worked on securing a deal with CEFC China Energy to invest in US energy projects, according to documents released by Republicans.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm

While we are worried about who is on our currency and not knowing what we are signing, China will be taking the lead on economic recovery after the pandemic. And looks like the US is just going to sit by and let them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/economy/china-xi-economy-intl-hnk/index.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:22 pm

Biden has been President for one week. Maybe some guys on here should relax a bit and give him several months before jumping to conclusions. Just a thought.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Biden has been President for one week.  Maybe some guys on here should relax a bit and give him several months before jumping to conclusions. Just a thought.
Nah. Turnabout is fair play.

Besides, we were told that someone competent behind the wheel was all we needed and then, BOOM, it would all go right.

#Resist
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
1. That a week after being inaugurated during the terrible pandemic we choose this as a thing we need to tackle and

If this were the one and only thing that we were focused on, your point would be well taken.

Although some women would like to have us think otherwise, men can multitask as well.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

If this were the one and only thing that we were focused on, your point would be well taken.

Although some women would like to have us think otherwise, men can multitask as well.
So, this is worthy of a top 25 problems in America then?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Biden has been President for one week.  Maybe some guys on here should relax a bit and give him several months before jumping to conclusions. Just a thought.
Nah. Turnabout is fair play.

Besides, we were told that someone competent behind the wheel was all we needed and then, BOOM, it would all go right.

#Resist

I’m just glad that the head insurrectionist has been removed from office.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum