Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 5 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:Violence is wrong. It’s wrong in May, June and January.
we agree on this. i think we also agree they should not have been in that building

Teetime wrote:Today, for the first time in 200 years, the capitol building was breached by an opposition force.  

Not so much
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/01/06/6-other-times-people-broke-into-the-u-s-capitol-n1310385

Like I said...no opposition forces since the War of 1812
Yesterday was not an opposition force either. They were American citizens. Whether you like it or not.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

BirdWatcher, wolverine55, lefty120 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote: What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:51 pm

It's pretty sorry that some on here are defending the violence that occurred in the capitol yesterday. Not surprising because I know Trump is your President, but not for very much longer. It's not the 18th century and those morons aren't patriots. Many have already been identified and will be wearing orange jumpsuits soon enough. Our country and system of Government aren't perfect but this is still a pretty good country to live in.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:   What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.  

The key here...."The remedy is to set them right as to facts". The Trumpsters here and the ones in Washington yesterday don't seem to be able to absorb facts.

That is what Mitt Romney told the Senate and all of us last night. He earned a standing ovation....

The objectors have claimed they are doing so on behalf of the voters. Have an audit, they say, to satisfy the many people who believe that the election was stolen. Please! No Congressional led audit will ever convince those voters, particularly when the President will continue to claim that the election was stolen. The best way we can show respect for the voters who are upset is by telling them the truth. That is the burden, and the duty, of leadership. The truth is that President-elect Biden won this election. President Trump lost. Scores of courts, the President’s own Attorney General, and state election officials both Republican and Democrat have reached this unequivocal decision."

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-condemns-insurrection-us-capitol

Admin

OSUBucks, lefty120 and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It's pretty sorry that some on here are defending the violence that occurred in the capitol yesterday. Not surprising because I know Trump is your President, but not for very much longer. It's not the 18th century and those morons aren't patriots. Many have already been identified and will be wearing orange jumpsuits soon enough. Our country and system of Government aren't perfect but this is still a pretty good country to live in.
Not defending anything from yesterday or from Trump.

I will however support any attempt to ouster this government. Where I will run into issues is with what people want to replace it with it. Replacing a corrupt, self interested government with more government with more theft of your money to line their pockets with is not the answer.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Yesterday was not an opposition force either. They were American citizens. Whether you like it or not.

It was an opposition force. They were domestic terrorists. Like the terrorists that blew up the federal building in Oklahoma City.

They pictured themselves as the saviors of what is right... what an odd picture that must have been.

They ended up as common criminals who are now being hunted.

Admin

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Yeah, that was a mistake. I guess that's part of the reason that the head of the Capitol police is stepping down.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Our country and system of Government aren't perfect but this is still a pretty good country to live in.

Of course, we live in a good country but why can't we fix what is broken? We need to find ways to make it "more perfect." Just like the Founding Fathers did with the Articles of Confederation. They realized it was a broken system, got together to fix it in a civilized manner, after Shays's Rebellion, and created the Constitution. The events and actions within our government in the past 30 years has been disgraceful. They have done little to solve the problems that plague our nation and somehow seem to make the problems worse.

We are all football coaches or fans here, when you have a team that you know is not going to be very good do you just stop coaching them?  Do you accept mediocrity? No, you work your ass off trying to make them better. You install schemes that put your players in a position to win a ballgame or at least compete.  That is where I see our country right now, we are not at the level we want to be at and definitive changes need to be made at all levels of government and WE THE PEOPLE need to go about it in the appropriate manner. I have said it before that our government has become an Oligarchy where those with money and power create rules so that they can remain in power.  

Joe Biden was first elected in 1970

These are the longest current members of Congress. Have these people helped create great change in our country? What have they done to make our country better than the 1980s? I'm not so sure we are in a better place now than we were back then but one thing is for sure, they have done all they can and made all of the backroom deals to remain in power.  That is not a democracy.  This list is not a democracy.    
Dick Durbin (D) - 1982
Mitch McConnell (R) - 1985
Chuch Grassely (R) - 1981
Patrick Leahy (D) - 1975
Richard Shelby (R) - 1987
Marcy Kaptur (D) - 1983
Nancy Pelosi (D) - 1987
Don Young (R) - 1973
Steny Hoyer (D) - 1981
Peter DeFazio (D) - 1987
Hal Rogers (R) - 1981
Chris Smith (R) - 1981

Last edited by dusty7 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Dick Durbin)
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus, newcom and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:24 pm

This just supports my wacky idea that they wanted this to happen.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Our own Dick Durbin was first elected in 1982.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:29 pm

dusty7 wrote:

This just supports my wacky idea that they wanted this to happen.  
Easier to assert the dominance of the system as all that is right with our "democracy" and demonize anyone that questions it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 pm

tps
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:47 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Our country and system of Government aren't perfect but this is still a pretty good country to live in.

Of course, we live in a good country but why can't we fix what is broken? We need to find ways to make it "more perfect." Just like the Founding Fathers did with the Articles of Confederation. They realized it was a broken system, got together to fix it in a civilized manner, after Shays's Rebellion, and created the Constitution. The events and actions within our government in the past 30 years has been disgraceful. They have done little to solve the problems that plague our nation and somehow seem to make the problems worse.

We are all football coaches or fans here, when you have a team that you know is not going to be very good do you just stop coaching them?  Do you accept mediocrity? No, you work your ass off trying to make them better. You install schemes that put your players in a position to win a ballgame or at least compete.  That is where I see our country right now, we are not at the level we want to be at and definitive changes need to be made at all levels of government and WE THE PEOPLE need to go about it in the appropriate manner. I have said it before that our government has become an Oligarchy where those with money and power create rules so that they can remain in power.  

Joe Biden was first elected in 1970

These are the longest current members of Congress. Have these people helped create great change in our country? What have they done to make our country better than the 1980s? I'm not so sure we are in a better place now than we were back then but one thing is for sure, they have done all they can and made all of the backroom deals to remain in power.  That is not a democracy.  This list is not a democracy.    
Mitch McConnell (R) - 1985
Chuch Grassely (R) - 1981
Patrick Leahy (D) - 1975
Richard Shelby (R) - 1987
Marcy Kaptur (D) - 1983
Nancy Pelosi (D) - 1987
Don Young (R) - 1973
Steny Hoyer (D) - 1981
Peter DeFazio (D) - 1987
Hal Rogers (R) - 1981
Chris Smith (R) - 1981

I'm all for term limits and would be happy to see age limits too. Diane Feinstein is 87 years old and still serving in the Senate. Strom Thurmond was still serving in the Senate when he died at age 100. Storming the Capitol wasn't about changing our Government for the better. It was about keeping Trump in power. Trump wanted to hang on to the Presidency by any means and he orchestrated the event that occurred yesterday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm all for term limits and would be happy to see age limits too.  Diane Feinstein is 87 years old and still serving in the Senate. Strom Thurmond was still serving in the Senate when he died at age 100. Storming the Capitol wasn't about changing our Government for the better. It was about keeping Trump in power. Trump wanted to hang on to the Presidency by any means and he orchestrated the event that occurred yesterday.

Do you really think that Trump thought it was going to work, that he would maintain power? Quite possible given the way his brain works, but I think once again, he wanted to go out all guns blazing, wanted to go down in history, and what happened escalated quickly and went further than he thought it would. I very well might be wrong and please do not think I am a die-hard Trump supporter by this statement. I'm just looking at it with a skeptical lens and with an understanding of how people react in a mob, they do things they wouldn't normally do. I am sure some people, especially those that stormed into the Capitol had the goal of doing so and probably thought they would have met more resistance than they did.  This allowed them to continue their behavior and go further than they ever thought they would. Whether it went off as planned or not, it was not the right approach and I don't condone the behavior in any way. Trump and Guiliani's rhetoric during the rally certainly did not help the situation, much like Kamala's statments over the summer didn't help stop the rioting and looting.

A few things that jump out to me in this whole situation are 1). the Capitol Police refused help and did little to stop the mob from entering the Capitol. There were numerous missteps but when there are thousands (maybe hundreds) of protestors outside of the Capitol, you think they would be more prepared and have additional security. 2). There were two bombs found near the Capitol and there is little to no talk about that.  I get that this happened and I am not a conspiracy theorist but there is some sketchiness going on with this situation. Part of me even thinks Trump just wants out of the Presidency, he wanted no part in winning the election but he doesn't want to appear weak so he actually undermined himself. The first debate and his Proud Boys statement is a great example of him wanting to lose but not wanting to appear weak to his supporters. Likely, I am way off on this as well but his behavior is almost like he hasn't wanted to be President for some time.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:42 pm

I think eventually we'll have answers to some of your questions but we may never know everything. Several people in Trumps circle resigned today as well as a cabinet member. His best ally in the Senate Lindsay Graham said today that he's done with him. Trump has gotten more erratic and dangerous as his tenure in office is winding down. He still has 13 more days to do whatever enters his deranged mind at any given moment. I don't think they'll be able to remove him before then.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:33 am

President-elect Biden insisted yesterday that the Capitol invasion force not be called “protestors”, but rather “domestic terrorists”.

The Capitol police officer who was beaten with a fire extinguisher died yesterday so now they are also cop killers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:56 am

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 5 D2fbhqtulu961
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime, general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:08 am

Anyone who thinks the Capitol protests were a coup or an attempt to overthrow the government must be watching different news than I am. "We're going to overthrow the government. Bring your viking horns."

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 am

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 5 Outrag10

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:18 am

ramblinman wrote:R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 5 D2fbhqtulu961
None of that money is spent on the capital building, but that's not the point of this tweet.

But, keep acting like the right is the only side that believes inaccurate garbage thrown at them by their party and media.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 am

Encouraged only by fringe political groups...like Senator Ted Cruz and the President of the United States. There were way more than 14 officers injured as well. meh, fake news.

Listen, I was never in favor of how the BLM protests went down and still am not today. Is it safe to say that their message, albeit communicated completely poorly and wrong, is rooted in 200+ years of racial injustice? None of us have ever been a black person in our country...we've never known what it was like to truly have the deck stacked against us in almost every facet of life. And to have a President who has made numerous racial overtures. People can say what they want, but when the situation in St. Louis occurred between Michael Brown and the officer from Ferguson, Obama immediately came out and pleaded for peace and calmer heads to prevail. Our President does nothing remotely close to that.

No, this is not all on Trump by any means...our country has been heading this direction for a long time; but here's what many fail to understand...HE'S THE ONE AT THE MICROPHONE RIGHT NOW. What he says matters, and what he doesn't say matters more.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:33 am

Completely agree H.I...but that tweet still made me laugh out loud.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 am

Head Idiot wrote:None of that money is spent on the capital building, but that's not the point of this tweet.

But, keep acting like the right is the only side that believes inaccurate garbage thrown at them by their party and media.

Forget about the text accompanying that tweet.  Just the picture alone is worth a thousand words. Here is another gem:

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 5 ErNR4sgXMAY33i2?format=jpg&name=small

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 am

With the events at the capitol, lets not forget the phone call made the day before to the GA Secretary of State...that was pure comedy gold! That in and of itself is the event that should usher this shithead out the door.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime and ramblinman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum