Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 21 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:33 am

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:It's went up 10-20 cents in some spots in Decatur in the past 2 weeks.

But we have seen those type of price fluctuations pretty regularly over the past 4 years. Biden has been President for a week.
The price of crude has been on the rise since Biden's election. Shortening supply isn't going to cut prices.
Crude was $36 on October 26. It is $53 today.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am

Teetime wrote:

I don't think you will see a lot of Biden holding press briefings every time he walks out of the White House like Trump did. Many things will be different from the Trump administration.

Why not hold press briefings? Isn't it important that we see our leader and have the ability to speak to our leader? The press briefings provide some transparency to the president and the decision he decides to make. The longer he chooses to stay away from the media the less likely the American people are going to trust his decisions.

Right now we are in the honeymoon phase where everything he does is golden but what is going to happen when some of these policies begin to fail? Not all of the EO's are going to be successful and solve the problems and how will the people react when he continues to dodge the presses and the media?

As many on this board have said, the President is the most powerful man in the world and his words mean something and have a significant influence on the actions of people. Maybe if he spoke up, more people would listen.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am

tps wrote:Wall street is losing their shit today because a bunch of gamers got together and messed up hedge fund short sales ($GME). How long before biden changes those rules to help his wall street buddies?

A bunch of gamers? You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. As usual.

Educate yourself: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/27/gamestop-stock-market-retail-wall-street
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:37 am

tps wrote:Wall street is losing their shit today because a bunch of gamers got together and messed up hedge fund short sales ($GME). How long before biden changes those rules to help his wall street buddies?

Well, the President didn't change the rules but the rules did change. Didn't see this happen when COVID started, oh that because it involved high-ranking members of Congress.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/gamestop-speculation-is-danger-to-whole-market-massachusetts-regulator.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:It's went up 10-20 cents in some spots in Decatur in the past 2 weeks.

But we have seen those type of price fluctuations pretty regularly over the past 4 years. Biden has been President for a week.
The price of crude has been on the rise since Biden's election. Shortening supply isn't going to cut prices.
Crude was $36 on October 26. It is $53 today.

Gas prices will average $4.00 here before too long if this keeps up. And if this pipeline in Michigan gets shut down, prices in Illinois could go even higher.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/enbridge-rejects-michigans-demand-to-shut-down-oil-pipeline
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:47 am

tps wrote:leahy will preside - but first had to take a special oath to be impartial - because that will make a difference. lol

All senators, including the likes of Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, took an oath of impartiality.

Here is what Mitch McConnell said during the first Trump impeachment process: "I'm not an impartial juror. This is a political process. There's not anything judicial about it. Impeachment is a political decision."

And here is what he is saying now: “It is absolutely imperative that we do not allow a half-baked process to short-circuit the due process that former President Trump deserves, or damage the Senate or the presidency.” This from the same man who wouldn’t allow any testimony at all at Trump’s first impeachment trial. What a sick joke.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:48 am

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

I don't think you will see a lot of Biden holding press briefings every time he walks out of the White House like Trump did. Many things will be different from the Trump administration.

Why not hold press briefings?  Isn't it important that we see our leader and have the ability to speak to our leader?
Remember when the White House stopped doing daily press briefings and the press said they were ending a time honored tradition and how horrible it was?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/23/stephanie-grisham-white-house-press-briefings-1507288

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/22/us/politics/white-house-press-briefing.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 am

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:leahy will preside - but first had to take a special oath to be impartial - because that will make a difference. lol

All senators, including the likes of Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, took an oath of impartiality.

Here is what Mitch McConnell said during the first Trump impeachment process:  "I'm not an impartial juror.  This is a political process. There's not anything judicial about it.  Impeachment is a political decision."

And here is what he is saying now:  “It is absolutely imperative that we do not allow a half-baked process to short-circuit the due process that former President Trump deserves, or damage the Senate or the presidency.”   This from the same man who wouldn’t allow any testimony at all at Trump’s first impeachment trial.  What a sick joke.

You leave out that the House of Representatives didn't allow any Trump defense or involvement in their "investigation" into the first charges of impeachment. McConnell's quote from the first trial has a bit different meaning when seen in that context.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

ramblinman wrote:

A bunch of gamers?  You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  As usual.

Educate yourself:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/27/gamestop-stock-market-retail-wall-street

wrong how? because i used the term 'gamer' instead of 'small investor" (wallstreetbets   https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/).  per usual you jump on semantics or punctuation or grammar to try to discredit this dumb hick's post.

Last edited by tps on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Here is what Mitch McConnell said during the first Trump impeachment process:  "I'm not an impartial juror.  This is a political process. There's not anything judicial about it.  Impeachment is a political decision."

And here is what he is saying now:  “It is absolutely imperative that we do not allow a half-baked process to short-circuit the due process that former President Trump deserves, or damage the Senate or the presidency.”   This from the same man who wouldn’t allow any testimony at all at Trump’s first impeachment trial.  What a sick joke.

ya, but leahy took a special oath so he could preside...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The price of crude has been on the rise since Biden's election. Shortening supply isn't going to cut prices.

The price of crude was $53.49 p/b on February 19, 2020. Today it is at $53.27 p/b.

It goes up, it goes down...it has very little to do with the president.

It did spike up on January 6th as news of the Capitol building being sacked by domestic terrorists spread throughout the world.

Admin

ging and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The price of crude has been on the rise since Biden's election. Shortening supply isn't going to cut prices.

The price of crude was $53.49 p/b on February 19, 2020. Today it is at $53.27 p/b.

It goes up, it goes down...it has very little to do with the president.

It did spike up on January 6th as news of the Capitol building being sacked by domestic terrorists spread throughout the world.
It was 49.93 on January 5th. It was 50.63 on January 6th. It was 50.83 on January 7th.

I'm failing to see a "spike".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Why not hold press briefings?  Isn't it important that we see our leader and have the ability to speak to our leader?
Remember when the White House stopped doing daily press briefings and the press said they were ending a time honored tradition and how horrible it was?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/23/stephanie-grisham-white-house-press-briefings-1507288

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/22/us/politics/white-house-press-briefing.html

You are confusing press briefings by the Press Secretary (those are ongoing in the Biden admin.) with Presidential meetings with the press (which won't occur much with Biden).

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:

You are confusing press briefings by the Press Secretary (those are ongoing in the Biden admin.) with Presidential meetings with the press (which won't occur much with Biden).
True, but those Trump meetings were in part to take the place of those other briefings.

Let's also be honest- the media will not ask as many questions should the Biden White House go dark for extended periods of time.

Besides, any time they ask him a tough question all they get is "C'mon man".

Last edited by Head Idiot on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Head Idiot wrote:You leave out that the House of Representatives didn't allow any Trump defense or involvement in their "investigation" into the first charges of impeachment. McConnell's quote from the first trial has a bit different meaning when seen in that context.

You don't remember the House hearings on impeachment and all of the testimony with both sides doing equal amounts of questioning? (Col. Vindman et.al.)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
It was 49.93 on January 5th. It was 50.63 on January 6th. It was 50.83 on January 7th.

I'm failing to see a "spike".

West Texas Crude:

$47.62 1/4/21
$50.63 1/6/21
$52.25 1/11/21

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Let's also be honest- the media will not ask as many questions should the Biden White House go dark for extended periods of time.

Let's be honest...Trump rarely spoke much truth when he met with the press, he was an expert at getting the gullible to believe oft repeated lies.

"Come on man" is much more refreshing than a lie.

Admin

tincup1215 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:27 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Let's be honest...Trump rarely spoke much truth when he met with the press, he was an expert at getting the gullible to believe oft repeated lies.

"Come on man" is much more refreshing than a lie.
Pssst- they all lie. The press is just much more motivated to investigate a Republicans'.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=barack-obama
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You leave out that the House of Representatives didn't allow any Trump defense or involvement in their "investigation" into the first charges of impeachment. McConnell's quote from the first trial has a bit different meaning when seen in that context.

I didn't leave out jack sh!t.  Didn't allow?  Talk about revisionist history!

In a letter dated Oct 9, 2019 to the Speaker of the House, Trump's attorney said that they would not take part in the proceedings.  He basically labeled those proceedings a sham and said that they could not participate in them.

About that letter, a former chief nominations counsel for Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Gregg Nunziata, tweeted: “Wow. This letter is bananas. A barely-lawyered temper tantrum. A middle finger to Congress and its oversight responsibilities. No member of Congress should accept it.”

George Conway, a lawyer and husband to then Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, said on Twitter: “I cannot fathom how any self-respecting member of the bar could affix his name to this letter. It’s pure hackery, and it disgraces the profession.”
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:53 pm

ramblinman wrote:
George Conway, a lawyer and husband to then Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, said on Twitter: “I cannot fathom how any self-respecting member of the bar could affix his name to this letter. It’s pure hackery, and it disgraces the profession.”
You had me until you included this "hackery".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:01 pm

general maximus wrote:I look forward to his plan on helping fix the Serious Issues he campaigned on (CoVid, Poverty, Social Justice, BLM, De-Funding the Police, 2nd Ammend Antifa... Mental Health, Job Stability, Long Term Economic Growth,  and UNITING THE COUNTRY)

Here is his plan on COVID. https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

It's about 194 pages long. Since you said you were looking forward to reading it, perhaps you could do so and report back to the board on what you learned. When do you think we will be hearing back from you on that?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:09 pm

ramblinman wrote:
general maximus wrote:I look forward to his plan on helping fix the Serious Issues he campaigned on (CoVid, Poverty, Social Justice, BLM, De-Funding the Police, 2nd Ammend Antifa... Mental Health, Job Stability, Long Term Economic Growth,  and UNITING THE COUNTRY)

Here is his plan on COVID.  https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

It's about 194 pages long.  Since you said you were looking forward to reading it, perhaps you could do so and report back to the board on what you learned.  When do you think we will be hearing back from you on that?

So far 22 million have been vaccinated, should we start celebrating Biden for that accomplishment yet?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/28/covid-19-vaccines-cdc-safety-data-pfizer-moderna-coronavirus/4281434001/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 pm

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Here is his plan on COVID.  https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

It's about 194 pages long.  Since you said you were looking forward to reading it, perhaps you could do so and report back to the board on what you learned.  When do you think we will be hearing back from you on that?

So far 22 million have been vaccinated, should we start celebrating Biden for that accomplishment yet?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/28/covid-19-vaccines-cdc-safety-data-pfizer-moderna-coronavirus/4281434001/

Considering how Trump's Warp Speed goal was to have 20 million vaccinated by the end of December, but only 2.8 million were vaccinated by 12/31, I suppose it stands to reason that the a fair portion of the other 19 million vaccinated has come under Biden's 8-day watch.  But, he isn't to be celebrated for that, and neither is Trump to be crucified for falling so short.  

In my opinion, the problem lies primarily in this constitutional republic of ours.  

The federal government took responsibility to deliver vaccines to the states and states are determining how to administer them.  What should have happened, IMO, is for the feds to have set up vaccination centers in every single one of the over 34,000 post offices around the country.   Mobilize the state national guards and the reserves and use their medical personnel/corpsmen to administer the vaccine.  Train others within those services to administer it.  Just get it done.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Did you know the federal government doesn't own, nor insure a good portion of those post offices?

Edit- 73% of US Post Offices are privately owned and insured.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum