Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 22 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Did you know the federal government doesn't own, nor insure a good portion of those post offices?

Edit- 73% of US Post Offices are privately owned and insured.

Fascinating.

Even if they just used the 27% that they do own, that's 9,315 locations. I'll take that over what we've got now.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Did you know the federal government doesn't own, nor insure a good portion of those post offices?

What does that have to do with giving out vaccines in the buildings?

If the Postal Service rents them and wants to give out vaccines or ice cream cones or fake mail-in ballots they can do so.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:10 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
general maximus wrote:I look forward to his plan on helping fix the Serious Issues he campaigned on (CoVid, Poverty, Social Justice, BLM, De-Funding the Police, 2nd Ammend Antifa... Mental Health, Job Stability, Long Term Economic Growth,  and UNITING THE COUNTRY)

Here is his plan on COVID.  https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/National-Strategy-for-the-COVID-19-Response-and-Pandemic-Preparedness.pdf

It's about 194 pages long.  Since you said you were looking forward to reading it, perhaps you could do so and report back to the board on what you learned.  When do you think we will be hearing back from you on that?

So far 22 million have been vaccinated, should we start celebrating Biden for that accomplishment yet?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/28/covid-19-vaccines-cdc-safety-data-pfizer-moderna-coronavirus/4281434001/

Considering how Trump's Warp Speed goal was to have 20 million vaccinated by the end of December, but only 2.8 million were vaccinated by 12/31, I suppose it stands to reason that the a fair portion of the other 19 million vaccinated has come under Biden's 8-day watch.  But, he isn't to be celebrated for that, and neither is Trump to be crucified for falling so short.  

In my opinion, the problem lies primarily in this constitutional republic of ours.  

The federal government took responsibility to deliver vaccines to the states and states are determining how to administer them.  What should have happened, IMO, is for the feds to have set up vaccination centers in every single one of the over 34,000 post offices around the country.   Mobilize the state national guards and the reserves and use their medical personnel/corpsmen to administer the vaccine.  Train others within those services to administer it.  Just get it done.

Had you done that in the post office in my town, it can hold 1 person safely if social distancing is required.  In a town of 10,000+ that would take a very long time. It's a good idea in theory and if that is the process we used, I bet we would be nowhere close to where we are today.

The creation of the phases and who can and who cannot get vaccinated is a complete joke. I am a teacher, mostly healthy, a bit overweight, drink a bit too much, and will be vaccinated here very soon, my wife is a teacher and got hers yesterday. Yet my aunt, who is 60, diabetes and other health complications, who needs the vaccine more than me has to wait until the next phase. Just plain stupid.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Teetime wrote:

If the Postal Service rents them and wants to give out vaccines or ice cream cones or fake mail-in ballots they can do so.
No, no they can't. That would probably exceed the the insurance agreements most of those owners have. Those owners are not taking that liability themselves.

The federal government can't change the light bulbs in the buildings due to liability issues.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm

biden up to around 40 eo's now.
he's lost the NYTimes editorial board.
I heard that joe's reply was - c'mon man, gimme a break

"But this is no way to make law," the board wrote. "A polarized, narrowly divided Congress may offer Mr. Biden little choice but to employ executive actions or see his entire agenda held hostage. These directives, however, are a flawed substitute for legislation.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-white-house-cries-foul-after-new-york-times-editorial-board

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:Had you done that in the post office in my town, it can hold 1 person safely if social distancing is required.  In a town of 10,000+ that would take a very long time. It's a good idea in theory and if that is the process we used, I bet we would be nowhere close to where we are today.  

First of all, not all people in a town of 10K are going to be vaccinated in the first place.  The Moderna vaccine, for example, is only authorized to be given to adults 18 and older.   Also, there will be people who just don't want to be vaccinated under any circumstances because, well, you know.  Once you whittle down those who are eligible and who want the vaccine in a town that size, you are probably talking less than 8,000 people.

Secondly, the CDC advises that a single vaccination station can vaccinate 30 people per hour.  That's 240 in an eight-hour day and 1440 in a six-day week operating at peak efficiency.  Given that not everyone in a town of 10K would be vaccinated in the first place, I don't think it would take all that long at all for a single vaccination station in a community that size to vaccinate everyone who was eligible and who wanted the vaccine.  Five weeks, six tops, assuming a ready supply and efficient use of the operation.  Less if the vaccine is administered every day instead of six days a week.

Thirdly, if demand for the vaccine outstrips the ability to supply it quick enough in a community with a small post office, hop in the car and drive to a larger one.

dusty7 wrote:The creation of the phases and who can and who cannot get vaccinated is a complete joke.  I am a teacher, mostly healthy, a bit overweight, drink a bit too much, and will be vaccinated here very soon, my wife is a teacher and got hers yesterday.  Yet my aunt, who is 60, diabetes and other health complications, who needs the vaccine more than me has to wait until the next phase.  Just plain stupid.

Agreed.  Even more stupid is vaccinating educators who have already had the virus before your aunt gets hers.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

No, no they can't. That would probably exceed the the insurance agreements most of those owners have. Those owners are not taking that liability themselves.

Ever heard of a piece of paper called a liability waiver? No waiver, no vaccine.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Had you done that in the post office in my town, it can hold 1 person safely if social distancing is required.  In a town of 10,000+ that would take a very long time. It's a good idea in theory and if that is the process we used, I bet we would be nowhere close to where we are today.  

First of all, not all people in a town of 10K are going to be vaccinated in the first place.  The Moderna vaccine, for example, is only authorized to be given to adults 18 and older.   Also, there will be people who just don't want to be vaccinated under any circumstances because, well, you know.  Once you whittle down those who are eligible and who want the vaccine in a town that size, you are probably talking less than 8,000 people.

Secondly, the CDC advises that a single vaccination station can vaccinate 30 people per hour.  That's 240 in an eight-hour day and 1440 in a six-day week operating at peak efficiency.  Given that not everyone in a town of 10K would be vaccinated in the first place, I don't think it would take all that long at all for a single vaccination station in a community that size to vaccinate everyone who was eligible and who wanted the vaccine.  Five weeks, six tops, assuming a ready supply and efficient use of the operation.  Less if the vaccine is administered every day instead of six days a week.

Thirdly, if demand for the vaccine outstrips the ability to supply it quick enough in a community with a small post office, hop in the car and drive to a larger one.

dusty7 wrote:The creation of the phases and who can and who cannot get vaccinated is a complete joke.  I am a teacher, mostly healthy, a bit overweight, drink a bit too much, and will be vaccinated here very soon, my wife is a teacher and got hers yesterday.  Yet my aunt, who is 60, diabetes and other health complications, who needs the vaccine more than me has to wait until the next phase.  Just plain stupid.

Agreed.  Even more stupid is vaccinating educators who have already had the virus before your aunt gets hers.

Well, I've never had the virus but being an educator I understand being somewhat of a priority but there are people who need it more than myself.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm

tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:Wall street is losing their shit today because a bunch of gamers got together and messed up hedge fund short sales ($GME). How long before biden changes those rules to help his wall street buddies?

A bunch of gamers?  You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  As usual.

Educate yourself:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/27/gamestop-stock-market-retail-wall-street

wrong how? because i used the term 'gamer' instead of 'small investor" (wallstreetbets   https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/).  per usual you jump on semantics or punctuation or grammar to try to discredit this dumb hick's post.

Words matter. You chose the wrong one.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:51 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Ever heard of a piece of paper called a liability waiver?  No waiver, no vaccine.
And any HS athletic director, those don't hold a single ounce of authority in a lawsuit.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:59 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:Wall street is losing their shit today because a bunch of gamers got together and messed up hedge fund short sales ($GME). How long before biden changes those rules to help his wall street buddies?

Educate yourself:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/27/gamestop-stock-market-retail-wall-street

wrong how? because i used the term 'gamer' instead of 'small investor" (wallstreetbets   https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/).  per usual you jump on semantics or punctuation or grammar to try to discredit this dumb hick's post.

Words matter. You chose the wrong one.

Now you are being pedantic.
C'mon man, gimme a break.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:13 pm

tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Words matter.  You chose the wrong one.  

Pedantic is a pretty impressive word for a dumb hick. How is it that you know its proper use, yet you had to use the word gamers to describe those individual investors who are influencing the Game Stop stock price?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Ever heard of a piece of paper called a liability waiver?  No waiver, no vaccine.
And any HS athletic director, those don't hold a single ounce of authority in a lawsuit.

False.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Depends entirely on who drafts the waiver and the wording used- https://www.macelree.com/are-liability-waivers-enforceable/#:~:text=So%2C%20if%20an%20accident%20happens,preclude%20legal%20claims%20for%20injuries.

So, more than likely, most waivers used for trips, camps, movies, etc are completely useless unless drafted by the school's lawyer.

Now all we need is the owners of all those post offices (23,649) to get a waiver drafted by their lawyers and agree to hire a lawyer to defend themselves form any lawsuit that they can still incur and we're on our way.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Pedantic is a pretty impressive word for a dumb hick. How is it that you know its proper use, yet you had to use the word gamers to describe those individual investors who are influencing the Game Stop stock price?

Why,thank you. I must be a quick learner.

tps
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Biden is not off to a great start in creating unity. This oped does a great job explaining my viewpoints on the issues with Executive Orders by all presidents

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/opinion/biden-executive-orders.amp.html

Would the younger Biden approve of his current actions? Would he consider his actions as that of a dictator?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/white-house/536317-by-his-own-definition-biden-is-already-governing-like-a-dictator%3famp

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Not entirely, but to a large degree.

Head Idiot wrote:Now all we need is the owners of all those post offices (23,649) to get a waiver drafted by their lawyers and agree to hire a lawyer to defend themselves form any lawsuit that they can still incur and we're on our way.

Or the President could use his emergency or pardon powers and create some sort of immunity from prosecution or liability pardon related to vaccination centers held in their buildings. I certainly can think of worse examples of pardon powers.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:57 pm

tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Pedantic is a pretty impressive word for a dumb hick.  How is it that you know its proper use, yet you had to use the word gamers to describe those individual investors who are influencing the Game Stop stock price?

Why,thank you.  I must be a quick learner.

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 22 Trollsgonnatroll
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:02 pm

This may explain the lack of pressers with Biden. I know he has a stuttering problem and had a problem articulating his words but come on. "We will have enough to vaccinate 300 Americans by the end of summer."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10224939699389316&id=1520775449

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:59 am

dusty7 wrote:This may explain the lack of  pressers with Biden. I know he has a stuttering problem and had a problem articulating his words but come on. "We will have enough to vaccinate 300 Americans by the end of summer."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2009/01/the-top-25-bushisms-of-all-time.html
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am

dusty7 wrote:This may explain the lack of  pressers with Biden. I know he has a stuttering problem and had a problem articulating his words but come on. "We will have enough to vaccinate 300 Americans by the end of summer."

Another true statement uttered by the new president. What is the problem?

If Trump had sad that....it would have been 300 gazillion and nobody would have said "boo".

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:31 am

Teetime wrote:

Another true statement uttered by the new president. What is the problem?

If Trump had sad that....it would have been 300 gazillion and nobody would have said "boo".

Well, the left probably would have said boo.

It's not the statement he made or the mistakes in numbers and stats but at times he is really struggling to put words together. Bush may have said stuff that did not make sense and was at times pretty comical, Biden looks to be really struggling to put sentences together in a prepared speech. Without a teleprompter he really struggle much more than Trump, Obama, and Bush.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Have we discussed Rep. Greene R-Georgia and her wishing a bullet into the head of Speaker Pelosi?

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-threats-pelosi-mccarthy-qanon-parkland-163725291.html

Nothing AOC has ever said is as bad as this. I think this is the same congressperson who introduced articles of impeachment on his Inauguration Day.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Teetime wrote:Have we discussed Rep. Greene R-Georgia and her wishing a bullet into the head of Speaker Pelosi?

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-threats-pelosi-mccarthy-qanon-parkland-163725291.html

Nothing AOC has ever said is as bad as this. I think this is the same congressperson who introduced articles of impeachment on his Inauguration Day.

There aren’t many moderates left in the GOP. The number of wackos in the party gets worse every year. As I said before the party is going to continue to shrink. This is no longer the party that good Illinois Governors like Thompson and Edgar belonged to. I could see a new party coming soon which in part will consist of former GOP members who no longer want to identify with the increasing number of wackos.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and ramblinman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:26 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:Have we discussed Rep. Greene R-Georgia and her wishing a bullet into the head of Speaker Pelosi?

There aren’t many moderates left in the GOP. The number of wackos in the party gets worse every year. As I said before the party is going to continue to shrink. This is no longer the party that good Illinois Governors like Thompson and Edgar belonged to. I could see a new party coming soon which in part will consist of former GOP members who no longer want to identify with the increasing number of wackos.

I wish that former Ohio Gov John Kasich had more staying power on the national Republican scene. Ben Sasse, a GOP senator from Nebraska, is looking pretty reasonable to me.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum: