Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 23 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:53 pm

ramblinman wrote:

I wish that former Ohio Gov John Kasich had more staying power on the national Republican scene.

I've been saying this for a long time.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm

dusty7 wrote:This may explain the lack of pressers with Biden. I know he has a stuttering problem and had a problem articulating his words but come on. "We will have enough to vaccinate 300 Americans by the end of summer."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10224939699389316&id=1520775449

we could ask her instead.
https://twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1355210356092760064?s=19

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 pm

anti-trump fbi guy gets probation, $100 fine and community service for falsifying a FISA warrant. he was trying to take down a sitting president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-lawyer-kevin-clinesmith-sentenced-john-durham-probe

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:19 pm

If a person voted for trump are they automatically domestic terrorists?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 pm

tps wrote:If a person voted for trump are they automatically domestic terrorists?
Of course not. But never let a good crisis go to waste.

This is their burning of the Reichstag moment. They now get the opportunity to mold the Republican party as they see fit by getting rid of "the bad ones". Or, go for the jugular and just eliminate it altogether.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:11 pm

hey, joe, wake up - you and hunter need to go talk to your buddies.
https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-bombers-simulated-attack-us-024043018.html

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:15 pm

tps wrote:If a person voted for trump are they automatically domestic terrorists?

No. Certainly not.

Just the ones that commit acts of terrorism.

I can see how republicans feel that way when the leader of their party incited violence against the government of the United States. The weight of the shame must be very heavy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:29 pm

Teetime wrote:Have we discussed Rep. Greene R-Georgia and her wishing a bullet into the head of Speaker Pelosi?

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-threats-pelosi-mccarthy-qanon-parkland-163725291.html

Nothing AOC has ever said is as bad as this. I think this is the same congressperson who introduced articles of impeachment on his Inauguration Day.

Media all up in arms about Reps not calling her out but I also don't see the Dems calling out Cuomo for his "Who cares" statement on the over 12,000 nursing home deaths in NY.

I'm not condoning the behavior by Rep Greene one bit.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:33 am

dusty7 wrote:
Media all up in arms about Reps not calling her out but I also don't see the Dems calling out Cuomo for his "Who cares" statement on the over 12,000 nursing home deaths in NY.

I agree. Cuomo’s order to have Covid patients thrown into nursing homes made no sense at all. He seems to have tried to blame others for that decision instead of taking responsibility and apologizing.

It’s almost as if he felt the lives of those older members of society who were unhealthy and therefore in nursing homes were less important than the lives of others in our society.

Let’s go back and read the threads “Coronavirus I” and Coronavirus II” and see who else thought those lives unimportant.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:11 am

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

I agree. Cuomo’s order to have Covid patients thrown into nursing homes made no sense at all. He seems to have tried to blame others for that decision instead of taking responsibility and apologizing.

It’s almost as if he felt the lives of those older members of society who were unhealthy and therefore in nursing homes were less important than the lives of others in our society.

Let’s go back and read the threads “Coronavirus I” and Coronavirus II” and see who else thought those lives unimportant.
No one said their lives were any less important.

We did certainly say there lives weren't more important than the other 70% of the country's.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:24 am

Head Idiot wrote:
We did certainly say there lives weren't more important than the other 70% of the country's.

Many here also criticized the fact that the mitigation efforts did very little to help the elderly, especially in LTCs. Don't even get started on the states terrible vaccine efforts for the elderly which has been piss poor this far.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:47 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

No one said their lives were any less important.

Of course no one used those words, neither did Cuomo. People said things like “sure it’s deadly, but look who is dying...... it’s 71% people over 70 and only 2% people under 30”. (I’m paraphrasing with quotation marks).

That must have been exactly what Cuomo was thinking when he sent the virus into those nursing homes.

Last edited by Teetime on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:54 am

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Many here also criticized the fact that the mitigation efforts did very little to help the elderly, especially in LTCs.

I thought the main criticism of the mitigation efforts here at Turks Place was that these older people were dying in loneliness as a result of the strict mitigation efforts used at nursing homes.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:17 pm

Yes that is a criticism I have, there is a safe way to do things

It really depends on the nursing home. My grandmother can afford a top of the line nursing home and they have only had 2 deaths. My sister runs a privately funded home and they have had 3 deaths. Both started to allow distanced visitations at various times. Whereas the govt funded homes, at least in my area, have almost 70% of the total deaths in our county. I believe that the govt, which you seem to love and trust so much, could have done and should be doing more for the low income elderly.

It's not so much of an age issue rather than an economic issue. The wealthy have not suffered much at all through this whole pandemic while the poor have but little is being done to truly help them.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:14 pm

dusty7 wrote:Yes that is a criticism I have, there is a safe way to do things  

It really depends on the nursing home. My grandmother can afford a top of the line nursing home and they have only had 2 deaths. My sister runs a privately funded home and they have had 3 deaths. Both started to allow distanced visitations at various times.  Whereas the govt funded homes, at least in my area, have almost 70% of the total deaths in our county.  I believe that the govt, which you seem to love and trust so much, could have done and should be doing more for the low income elderly.  

It's not so much of an age issue rather than an economic issue.   The wealthy have not suffered much at all through this whole pandemic while the poor have but little is being done to truly help them.

Except for the VA, I wasn't aware that there were government run nursing homes. What agency runs those?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:23 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Many here also criticized the fact that the mitigation efforts did very little to help the elderly, especially in LTCs.

I thought the main criticism of the mitigation efforts here at Turks Place was that these older people were dying in loneliness as a result of the strict mitigation efforts used at nursing homes.

I'm not trying to be difficult...but it seems like you are saying out of one side of your mouth that the mitigation efforts were too lax and out of the other side that they were too strict when it comes to long term care facilities. Are you saying it was BOTH depending on if you were at a nice place or a crappy place?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:26 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

I'm not trying to be difficult...but it seems like you are saying out of one side of your mouth that the mitigation efforts were too lax and out of the other side that they were too strict when it comes to long term care facilities. Are you saying it was BOTH depending on if you were at a nice place or a crappy place?

I can see how you could say that and in a way yes. I think there could be a happy medium towards all of the mitigation effort rather than knee jerk decisions. If cases are high in an area limit visitors, if community spread is minimal allowing visitors can be done in a safe way.

I understand protecting the elderly and it should be done but it can be done safely and it has been in my previous examples. Those facilities could afford the extra PPE, sanitizing equipment, additional staff, and likely better paid staff than the govt funded facilities. They likely already had stock piles and my grandmother stated they were already wearing masks last Dec and Jan due to a flu outbreak at the facility. The govt could have quickly provided more $$$ for their facilities but we're slow to respond.

I'm not sure what your experience has been with nursing homes and I have seen both private and govt run facilities. There is a stark difference in the treatment of patients and the pleasantness of the staff. Maybe this is just my experience. Maybe my examples are anomaly's but it is what I have seen first hand.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:Wall street is losing their shit today because a bunch of gamers got together and messed up hedge fund short sales ($GME). How long before biden changes those rules to help his wall street buddies?

A bunch of gamers?  You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  As usual.

Educate yourself:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/27/gamestop-stock-market-retail-wall-street

wrong how? because i used the term 'gamer' instead of 'small investor" (wallstreetbets   https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/).  per usual you jump on semantics or punctuation or grammar to try to discredit this dumb hick's post.

Words matter.  You chose the wrong one.  

Now you are being pedantic.
C'mon man, gimme a break.

Pedantic is a pretty impressive word for a dumb hick.  How is it that you know its proper use, yet you had to use the word gamers to describe those individual investors who are influencing the Game Stop stock price?

Why,thank you.  I must be a quick learner.

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 23 Trollsgonnatroll

i'm confused, is that a picture of me thinking you are a troll or is it a picture of you thinking i am a troll?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:14 pm

Teetime wrote:

No. Certainly not.

I can see how republicans feel that way when the leader of their party incited violence against the government of the United States. The weight of the shame must be very heavy.

bad mind reading. lefty's are calling trump supporters terrorists.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:35 pm

dusty7 wrote:I'm not sure what your experience has been with nursing homes and I have seen both private and govt run facilities.  There is a stark difference in the treatment of patients and the pleasantness of the staff. Maybe this is just my experience. Maybe my examples are anomaly's but it is what I have seen first hand.  

I put my mom in a nursing home and went almost every day (Alzheimer's). I put my uncle (her brother) in a home and went once a week. Both of those homes had religious affiliations.

I audit a nursing home that is owned by a non-profit (fraternal) organization and spend about four days a year at that home.

I have a lot of respect for the mission of nursing homes and the dedication of the staff people with whom I have personally interacted.

Aside from VA what nursing homes are government run? Or are you talking about a VA facility?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:58 pm

tps wrote:
Teetime wrote:

No. Certainly not.

bad mind reading. lefty's are calling trump supporters terrorists.

Most Trump supporters aren’t. Certainly the group that attacked the Capitol had some terrorists. If they had gotten their hands on some members of Congress or VP Pence for that matter they may well have been killed. They did kill a couple cops who tried to stop them.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I'm not sure what your experience has been with nursing homes and I have seen both private and govt run facilities.  There is a stark difference in the treatment of patients and the pleasantness of the staff. Maybe this is just my experience. Maybe my examples are anomaly's but it is what I have seen first hand.  

I put my mom in a nursing home and went almost every day (Alzheimer's). I put my uncle (her brother) in a home and went once a week. Both of those homes had religious affiliations.

I audit a nursing home that is owned by a non-profit (fraternal) organization and spend about four days a year at that home.

I have a lot of respect for the mission of nursing homes and the dedication of the staff people with whom I have personally interacted.

Aside from VA what nursing homes are government-run? Or are you talking about a VA facility?

Yes VA, which is downright atrocious in Illinois, but I guess government-run was the wrong term homes or facilities where payment for the resident is based upon medicare/medicaid.

I have a ton of respect for these facilities as well but some are definitely better than others and the quality of care can vary greatly. The facility my grandmother is in runs somewhere around $45,000 out of pocket. I am not sure on what benefits she receives but this is her out-of-pocket expense. The quality of care is outstanding and our family could not be happier that she is in the position to pay for this care.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

Welp...I guess we could say the Lincoln Project is no more

https://news.yahoo.com/young-men-accuse-lincoln-project-190153486.html
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass