Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 28 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 28 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by 19delta Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:15 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:And this guy worked in the Obama administration and can now be seen pontificating as a talking head "expert" on CNN-

https://www.politico.com/story/2009/09/van-jones-resigns-amid-controversy-026797

Again...how does this equate to Greene?

Greene is still in Congress. She's not going anywhere. In the article you linked, Jones RESIGNED from the post (which, by the way, was some vague position with little influence) after it was revealed that he had associated with the truther group.

In other words, he was punished for his poor judgement.

Greene is still in Congress. If Jones had to resign from a middling bureacratic position for his irresponsibile embrace of a conspiracy theory, Greene should certainly have to resign from Congress, where she will have way more influence that Jones ever would have had.
Obviously the Democrat establishment and media has disowned him and punished him severely for his actions. You can see him wallow in his punishment nightly on CNN and his 6-7 figure salary.

So scandal-plagued Republicans have not gone to work for Fox News? C'mon, man!

The point is that Jones was in a government position, said something stupid, and had to resign. Greene should be held to the same standard. I don't see why that is even a mildly controversial statement.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:47 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
And didn't win.

Democratic voters resoundingly rejected her because she was nuts. Unlike Greene, who publicly espoused dangerously irresponsible conspiracy theories and violence and was elected by Republican voters.
She ran unopposed.

Nope, it was a crowded Republican primary. Lots of her opponents were sane people.

Republicans chose her.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:21 am

Teetime wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:Quite frankly, it was 1000 times worse than anything coltfan or HHS ever said on this board.

I just disagree with that, but you guys are welcome to that opinion. I love this country, it was being taken down the sewer by Trump, he had to go.

I was being honest, those other two guys got in trouble here for not being honest.

To even go down that road is absolutely vile and disgusting and I'm quite frankly disappointed the majority of this board isn't jumping your ass for it. Unfortunately, it's probably a good example of what a heaping pile of chit this board has become.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:18 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:And this guy worked in the Obama administration and can now be seen pontificating as a talking head "expert" on CNN-

https://www.politico.com/story/2009/09/van-jones-resigns-amid-controversy-026797

Greene is still in Congress. She's not going anywhere. In the article you linked, Jones RESIGNED from the post (which, by the way, was some vague position with little influence) after it was revealed that he had associated with the truther group.

Greene is still in Congress. If Jones had to resign from a middling bureacratic position for his irresponsibile embrace of a conspiracy theory, Greene should certainly have to resign from Congress, where she will have way more influence that Jones ever would have had.

is it punishment if you quit on your own?
https://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/06/obama.adviser.resigns/index.html

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:44 pm

tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

Yes. Self-punishment is still punishment. And has the added benefit of demonstrating a level of self-awareness than Greene obviously does not comprehend.

Is it possible that Jones, who showed support for a dangerous conspiracy theory, understood the damage he could do to Obama by staying in the administration? And could it also be possible that Obama, the consummate politician that he was, stayed above the fray by allowing Jones to fall on his sword?

The point is that Jones said something really stupid that could hurt his boss and his party. So yes...he absolutely did the right thing by resigning.

I guess what it comes down to with Greene is do you think she helps or hurts the Republican Party? I think that she hurts the party. I want her gone.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 pm

19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

Yes. Self-punishment is still punishment. And has the added benefit of demonstrating a level of self-awareness than Greene obviously does not comprehend.

Is it possible that Jones, who showed support for a dangerous conspiracy theory, understood the damage he could do to Obama by staying in the administration? And could it also be possible that Obama, the consummate politician that he was, stayed above the fray by allowing Jones to fall on his sword?

The point is that Jones said something really stupid that could hurt his boss and his party. So yes...he absolutely did the right thing by resigning.

I guess what it comes down to with Greene is do you think she helps or hurts the Republican Party? I think that she hurts the party. I want her gone.

but you said he had to resign, he was punished. self-punishment does not sound the same to me.

sure, she sends a bad message and it reflects poorly her. plenty of loons in congress. maxine watters, swalwell, AOC-smollett, on and on.

jones was not elected nor did he go through a confirmation process. he called himself a communist. he answered to one man who did not ask for his resignation.
green was elected.  big difference. the people who voted for her will hold her accountable by voting.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:39 pm

tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

but you said he had to resign, he was punished. self-punishment does not sound the same to me.

sure, she sends a bad message and it reflects poorly her. plenty of loons in congress. maxine watters, swalwell, AOC-smollett, on and on.

jones was not elected nor did he go through a confirmation process. he called himself a communist. he answered to one man who did not ask for his resignation.
green was elected.  big difference. the people who voted for her will hold her accountable by voting.

I don't care what it sounds like to you. The point is that Jones had a job in the Obama Administration. He said something stupid and embarrassing and either he was pressured from someone other than Obama to resign OR he realized the damage that staying on could do to Obama and the Democratic Party so he resigned. Seriously...how is that a hard concept to understand?

All those Democrats you mentioned...have they said anything even close to the incendiary statements made by Greene? Have they not only supported but embraced tinfoil hat-wearing to the extent that Greene has? Look...I get it. Those Democrats are all hard lefties. It's fair to criticize them for their policy advocacy. But advocating policies you don't support does not put them on equal footing with a nutcase like Greene.

Regarding the people of Georgia's 14th District...I hope you are right. I hope that when Greene runs for re-election in 2022 the voters come to their senses and choose a Republican candidate in the primary who is not a conspiracy-spewing moron. Better yet, the Republican House leadership sends her the message to not even bother running in 2022 because they are going to support a real candidate who is not so easily manipulated by crazy Internet shit and Greene slithers back under the rock from which she came.

Last edited by 19delta on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:43 pm

wolverine55 wrote:To even go down that road is absolutely vile and disgusting and I'm quite frankly disappointed the majority of this board isn't jumping your ass for it.

You understand that I didn't go down that road...right?

It was a hypothetical. I speculated that I would take the help of a pedophile (reluctantly) in order to get rid of Trump as President. Do I have TDS? Yes, no doubt about it. I came by it honestly, the former President drove me to it. I know people that are two or three times more affected by TDS than me.

As I said in my original post pedophilia is the most sickening thing I can think of, but, and this might really make you mad, I would also accept the help of a person suffering from schizophrenia, severe depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, or other mental disorders. Pedophilia is a mental disorder and sickening to all of us at the same time.

Should we take a position of having no association with people that have all mental disorders?

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia#1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:17 pm

TDS ( had to google it, btw) is literally the biggest copout I've ever read about. Seriously, we're just making chit up now if that's seen as a perfectly justifiable reason to support a pedophile. I'm out. It's been a nice run, but this board is literally a phuckin disgrace now. I'm done wasting my time with it.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:02 pm

wolverine55 wrote:TDS ( had to google it, btw) is literally the biggest copout I've ever read about.  Seriously, we're just making chit up now if that's seen as a perfectly justifiable reason to support a pedophile.  I'm out.  It's been a nice run, but this board is literally a phuckin disgrace now.  I'm done wasting my time with it.

I'm not coping out. I'm owning it.

I'll miss talking to you.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 pm

19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

I don't care what it sounds like to you. The point is that Jones had a job in the Obama Administration. He said something stupid and embarrassing and either he was pressured from someone other than Obama to resign OR he realized the damage that staying on could do to Obama and the Democratic Party so he resigned. Seriously...how is that a hard concept to understand?

All those Democrats you mentioned...have they said anything even close to the incendiary statements made by Greene? Have they not only supported but embraced tinfoil hat-wearing to the extent that Greene has? Look...I get it. Those Democrats are all hard lefties. It's fair to criticize them for their policy advocacy. But advocating policies you don't support does not put them on equal footing with a nutcase like Greene.

Regarding the people of Georgia's 14th District...I hope you are right. I hope that when Greene runs for re-election in 2022 the voters come to their senses and choose a Republican candidate in the primary who is not a conspiracy-spewing moron. Better yet, the Republican House leadership sends her the message to not even bother running in 2022 because they are going to support a real candidate who is not so easily manipulated by crazy Internet shit and Greene slithers back under the rock from which she came.

i consider these nutty, some even incendiary.
maxine watters has called for her supporters to get in the face of trump supporters. she said trump was not a legitimate president. she said she would take him out. she said - i say we take out trump and then go after pence.

swalwell had a personal relationship with a chinese spy and he's still on the intel committee.

AOC-smollett just flat out makes up shit about the capitol riots.

illan omar said some people did something when describing 9/11. she has also shown some antisemtic leanings.

talib said she was going to help "impeach the motherfucker"

ayanna pressley called for unrest in the streets

vp harris advocated for rioters by asking people to donate money for bail to get them out of jail.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
And didn't win.

Democratic voters resoundingly rejected her because she was nuts. Unlike Greene, who publicly espoused dangerously irresponsible conspiracy theories and violence and was elected by Republican voters.
She ran unopposed.

She ran unopposed in the general election, but she did come in first place in the Republican primary, AND she won a subsequent runoff election.

What does that say about the voters in her district? In a district as red as red can be, they couldn't find a single Republican candidate that they liked more than this nut job. Sheesh!
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
And didn't win.

She ran unopposed.

You understand that makes the voters in that district look even worse, right?

How? It's their fault the Dems didn't throw anyone against her? She could have won 1-0.

Her Dem opponent quit the race in mid Sept because he was moving out of the district.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:12 pm

tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

maxine watters has called for her supporters to get in the face of trump supporters. she said trump was not a legitimate president. she said she would take him out. she said - i say we take out trump and then go after pence.

swalwell had a personal relationship with a chinese spy and he's still on the intel committee.

illan omar said some people did something when describing 9/11. she has also shown some antisemtic leanings.

vp harris advocated for rioters by asking people to donate money for bail to get them out of jail.

Please post the actual quotes from these people along with context.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:28 am

19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

google is a great tool.
feel free to post a couple mtg links as well. I didn't see any of those either.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:09 am

tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

google is a great tool.

Nope. It doesn't work that way. You made the claim. You need to provide the evidence. I'm thinking that what you claimed these people said is not exactly what they said or exactly how they said it. Precision and context is really important.

Regarding your contention that Harris "advocated for rioters...". Interesting word choice. Do you think the people at the US Capitol on January 6th were rioters or protestors?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:30 pm

tps wrote:i consider these nutty, some even incendiary.

You are missing some context above.

Rep Waters made the comments about "taking out Trump" when discussing impeachment, not physical violence.
Rep. Swalwell had an affair with a beautiful young woman. She never told him she was a spy...how is that nutty or incendiary?
Rep. Cortez (AOC) didn't lie about her main point...she was afraid for her life. So was Rep. Mace, the republican down the hall.
Rep. Omar has shown some anti-semitic leanings. She has tried to explain it away, but not done very well. I am troubled by that.
Rep. Talib did just as she said. She should have addressed him as "President". Can you really equate that with Rep. Greene?
Rep. Pressley and then Sen Harris were supporting the "Floyd" rioters who were outraged that a white police officer could kneel on the neck of a black man in a black neighborhood for nine minutes until he had choked the life out of the black man and suffer few, if any, repercussions. Many, maybe most, black Americans and most non-white Americans as well as a good number of white Americans also supported the rioters. They saw their fight as a noble fight for social justice.

The Capitol building rioters were trying to overturn the results of an election that their guy lost.

See the difference there?

Admin

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 pm

You summed that up pretty neatly I think Tee. The GOP needs to find a good candidate in MTG’s District and provide that individual the necessary support to unseat this terrible excuse of a US Representative that MTG is.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:15 pm

19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

google is a great tool.

Nope. It doesn't work that way. You made the claim. You need to provide the evidence. I'm thinking that what you claimed these people said is not exactly what they said or exactly how they said it. Precision and context is really important.

Regarding your contention that Harris "advocated for rioters...". Interesting word choice. Do you think the people at the US Capitol on January 6th were rioters or protestors?

waters
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

hillary, john lews and others piled on with the 'not legitimate president' bullshit. Biden too. I'll 'walk back' the waters - legitimate claim.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/11/12/flashback-joe-biden-agreed-with-voter-who-called-trump-an-illegitimate-president-n1140340

A few more
https://www.wnd.com/2020/12/list-democrats-called-trump-illegitimate/

Waters said trump should be charged with premeditated murder.
https://cnsnews.com/blog/emma-riley/rep-waters-trump-absolutely-should-be-charged-premeditated-murder

omar -
https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-9-11-controversy-some-people-did-something-defense-1459327

pressley
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/08/22/pressley-calls-for-unrest-and-no-dem-will-call-her-out/

swalwell
https://www.axios.com/china-spy-california-politicians-9d2dfb99-f839-4e00-8bd8-59dec0daf589.html

talib
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics/rashida-tlaib-trump-impeachment-comments/index.html

vp harris bail support has been well documented on this forum. you should check it out.

Kooky and incendiary. i don't recall a single committee removal.

Both were present

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:15 am

tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

google is a great tool.

waters
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

hillary, john lews and others piled on with the 'not legitimate president' bullshit. Biden too. I'll 'walk back' the waters - legitimate claim.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/11/12/flashback-joe-biden-agreed-with-voter-who-called-trump-an-illegitimate-president-n1140340

A few more

https://cnsnews.com/blog/emma-riley/rep-waters-trump-absolutely-should-be-charged-premeditated-murder

omar -
https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-9-11-controversy-some-people-did-something-defense-1459327

pressley
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/08/22/pressley-calls-for-unrest-and-no-dem-will-call-her-out/

swalwell
https://www.axios.com/china-spy-california-politicians-9d2dfb99-f839-4e00-8bd8-59dec0daf589.html

talib
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/politics/rashida-tlaib-trump-impeachment-comments/index.html

vp harris bail support has been well documented on this forum. you should check it out.

Both were present

Did you even read these comments? Or did you just post links? Look...I don't agree with some of these comments but they are far from incendiary. Are you really that much of a precious little snowflake that you can't tell the difference? Which of these comments specifically is on the level of Jewish space lasers and staged school shootings?

And I would like to know if you think the people at the Capitol on January 6th were rioters or protesters.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:29 am

19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:
tps wrote:
19delta wrote:

google is a great tool.

waters

A few more

omar -

pressley

swalwell

talib

Both were present

Did you even read these comments? Or did you just post links? Look...I don't agree with some of these comments but they are far from incendiary. Are you really that much of a precious little snowflake that you can't tell the difference? Which of these comments specifically is on the level of Jewish space lasers and staged school shootings?

And I would like to know if you think the people at the Capitol on January 6th were rioters or protesters.

insults, ok then. classy guy.
that is your opinion. i have my opinion. you say one is worse. i disagree.
both were present. for the reading challenged, that means both classifications were there. rioters and protestors were in attendance on january 6.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:30 am

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:i consider these nutty, some even incendiary.

You are missing some context above.

Rep Waters made the comments about "taking out Trump" when discussing impeachment, not physical violence.
Rep. Swalwell had an affair with a beautiful young woman. She never told him she was a spy...how is that nutty or incendiary?
Rep. Cortez (AOC) didn't lie about her main point...she was afraid for her life. So was Rep. Mace, the republican down the hall.
Rep. Omar has shown some anti-semitic leanings. She has tried to explain it away, but not done very well. I am troubled by that.
Rep. Talib did just as she said. She should have addressed him as "President". Can you really equate that with Rep. Greene?
Rep. Pressley and then Sen Harris were supporting the "Floyd" rioters who were outraged that a white police officer could kneel on the neck of a black man in a black neighborhood for nine minutes until he had choked the life out of the black man and suffer few, if any, repercussions. Many, maybe most, black Americans and most non-white Americans as well as a good number of white Americans also supported the rioters. They saw their fight as a noble fight for social justice.

The Capitol building rioters were trying to overturn the results of an election that their guy lost.

See the difference there?

i agree with wolverine

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 am

tps wrote:
i agree with wolverine

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll miss talking to you also.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm

A guy who was duped by a Chinese spy should no longer be on the homeland security committee. Is that a controversial take?

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:15 pm

mc140 wrote:A guy who was duped by a Chinese spy should no longer be on the homeland security committee. Is that a controversial take?

I don’t think he should be but Pelosi reappointed him to that committee as well as the Intelligence committee.

An increasing number of those arrested for their part in the January 6 riot at the Capitol are saying they were just following the instructions given them by their President. Our President told us that the election was stolen from us and said we needed to fight like hell to get it back. You could argue that now that they are in trouble they are throwing the former President under the bus on an attempt to receive leniency from the judge. In fact though Trump did say those things. For anyone who pays attention, Trump was a liar and a cheat long before he became President. When Obama became President Trump insisted that Obama wasn’t born in the US. For years Trump has tried to cheat people out of money owed them for services performed for him. Millions of people however continued to believe everything he said and he got them all fired up on January 6 and they marched to the Capitol to do his bidding. He won’t be convicted though. I see no way that 17 Republicans will vote to convict him.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 33 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum