Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Republican Party

+17
19delta
general maximus
Dawgdad
Huck
tincup1215
Cyclone1
wolverine55
HHSTigerFan2
Ghengis Khan
BirdWatcher
tps
Head Idiot
dusty7
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
ramblinman
21 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

R.I.P. Republican Party - Page 9 Empty Re: R.I.P. Republican Party

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:everyone should tell the truth but i'm not waiting for politicians to be truthful, including top-of-his-class-plagiarist joe.

i disagree with biden lumping the bad cops in with the good cops. single out the bad ones. president's words matter.
yes, the status quo needs improvement.

you are a bad mind reader.

Joe Biden thinks white people are treated better than black people by the police and he said so.

You don’t have to wait for Biden to tell the truth...he already is. You found fault, you think he needs to discover exactly which of the Capitol Police force are the racist ones and single them out. That’s ridiculous, and you should know it.

You are in the early stages of Biden derangement syndrome. See a doctor.

Because things will be so much better with him as President. Our country is more divided than it has ever been and it's going to take a lot more than a President.

People, especially minorities, do not trust our governments leadership and it goes a lot further than just Trump. Pelosi, Schumer, McConnel, you name the 70+, 30+ year politician, and a majority of Americans , especially minorities,have little faith that they will do anything to improve the state of our nation. Little substantial change will happen and as much as I hate to say it, the status quo will prevail until we get new leadership.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:59 am

dusty7 wrote:Because things will be so much better with him as President.

What's the over-and-under (in months) before we invade some backwater brown country under Biden? I'm guessing 17.....

No matter, the excuse for the invasion will be "Trump did [fill in the blank] so we had to..."

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:02 am

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:everyone should tell the truth but i'm not waiting for politicians to be truthful, including top-of-his-class-plagiarist joe.

i disagree with biden lumping the bad cops in with the good cops. single out the bad ones. president's words matter.
yes, the status quo needs improvement.

you are a bad mind reader.

Joe Biden thinks white people are treated better than black people by the police and he said so.

You don’t have to wait for Biden to tell the truth...he already is. You found fault, you think he needs to discover exactly which of the Capitol Police force are the racist ones and single them out. That’s ridiculous, and you should know it.

You are in the early stages of Biden derangement syndrome. See a doctor.

Biden is a 47 year politician. He was caught plagiarising. He lies.
I didn't say he should discover them. I said he shouldn't lump them all together. He could have said something like "we all know the bad cops out there would have treated blm differently".
You're still a bad mind reader.
Biden derangement syndrome - that's rich

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:35 am

tps wrote:Biden derangement syndrome - that's rich

BDS is a thing. But it doesn't mean what he thinks it means.... Laughing

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm

tps wrote:Remeber that back and fourth on here a while back about the left silencing trump and supporters? Its happening. Trump and many of his supporters permanently suspended from facebook. I'm seeing reports of  Parler removed from google play store and apple store. Welcome to china.
You know, I just was thinking about this- if Trump would have suspended himself from social media in January of 2017, he'd probably be readying himself for his second term right now.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 pm

tps wrote:Remeber that back and fourth on here a while back about the left silencing trump and supporters? Its happening. Trump and many of his supporters permanently suspended from facebook. I'm seeing reports of  Parler removed from google play store and apple store. Welcome to china.

With one huge difference. InChina it’s the government shutting down political speech. These are private businesses.

Think of Twitter and Google as Christian bakeries. Think of Trump as a gay wedding cake. That issue was decided by a conservative SC.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Teetime wrote:
With one huge difference. InChina it’s the government shutting down political speech. These are private businesses.

Think of Twitter and Google as Christian bakeries. Think of Trump as a gay wedding cake. That issue was decided by a conservative SC.

I agree with you that private businesses can do what they want but if this were reversed, Dems would be throwing just as big of a fit as they did with the wedding cakes.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:48 pm

Teetime wrote:These are private businesses.

Think of Twitter and Google as Christian bakeries.

I agree they are private businesses, but are getting a huge pass via the Section 230 clause.

They are either publishers (they claim not to be) and can choose to censor/limit/ignore anyone.... just like the NYT has ignored every Opinion piece I've sent them.

Or they are platforms.... and since they are monopolies, they can be subject to government oversight re: their choices to censor.  Just as Ameren Electric can't "decide" not to provide power to certain parts of a city because of racial mix.

I'm fine either way it works out.... I dropped off FB on Dec 31st and haven't missed the drama one bit.   Twitter is still a hoot for comedy, but I joined Parler.... assuming Amazon let's it live past this weekend....

Douche
Douche

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:52 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:[Twitter is still a hoot for comedy,
Twitter is the most miserable place on Earth for my money.

I still log on every now and then to make sure someone hasn't stolen my account. I think my record for looking at is about 5 minutes.

I should just delete my account, but there's some old pictures of my kids on there I like to look at every now and then.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:23 pm

Trump is a lousy excuse as a POTUS. Biden is a nicer person but I think he’s in early stage dementia. I won’t be shocked if Harris is POTUS at some point. I’m not real optimistic about our future, the two political parties will continue to fight each other and won’t get anything substantial accomplished to improve our country I’m afraid.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus, lefty120, tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:31 pm

So there is a law that favors Christian bakeries and other private businesses and there is a law that favors Google, Facebook and Apple.

It sounds like you guys need to see about changing the laws so that Christian bakers have to make gay cakes and citizen Don Trump will get to bitch and moan on Twitter from his private toilet at 4:00am in the future.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:09 pm

"Private businesses can do what they want."

There you go. Open up Illinois businesses!!!!

Douche
Douche

general maximus, tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Teetime wrote:So there is a law that favors Christian bakeries and other private businesses and there is a law that favors Google, Facebook and Apple.

It sounds like you guys need to see about changing the laws so that Christian bakers have to make gay cakes and citizen Don Trump will get to bitch and moan on Twitter from his private toilet at 4:00am in the future.

I could give 2 you know what's about bakeries and social media. Let private businesses do what they want. People don't like it, then the free market will sort it out.

But you are walking a fine line denying services to one group but allowing others. Any form of discrimination is illegal and should not be tolerated. However, in social media, if you violate terms of use, then it's fair game to delete accounts but it should be universal and not based on the views you support. Go ahead and shut down Parler, another app will be developed. Imagine if conservatives just took over Twitter, would Twitter boot them or keep them?

Last edited by dusty7 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Teetime wrote:So there is a law that favors Christian bakeries and other private businesses and there is a law that favors Google, Facebook and Apple.

It sounds like you guys need to see about changing the laws so that Christian bakers have to make gay cakes and citizen Don Trump will get to  bitch and moan on Twitter from his private toilet at 4:00am in the future.
Maybe we should file a lawsuit that ends up in the Supreme Court over it...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:55 pm

Teetime wrote:

With a slight difference. There are many, many alternative bakeries to use. Not so much for social media companies. But Parler is an alternative. Their app was removed from apple and google stores. Amazon is de-platforming parler servers. Gab is another who already weathered big tech's onslaught. Smells like collusion. And sounds illegal. So I'll stand by my original opinion. Should private business ask potential customers who they voted for and refuse their business based on that answer?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:22 pm

The Ayatollah of Iran is still on Twitter. He supports throwing gays off roofs.

O.J. Simpson is still on. He cut a woman's head clean off.

Just saying

Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:06 am

Head Idiot wrote:

It sounds like you guys need to see about changing the laws so that Christian bakers have to make gay cakes and citizen Don Trump will get to  bitch and moan on Twitter from his private toilet at 4:00am in the future.
Maybe we should file a lawsuit that ends up in the Supreme Court over it...

Exactly. They will come down on the side of the businesses just like they did for the bakery that wouldn’t bake a gay wedding cake.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:10 am

tps wrote:With a slight difference.  There are many, many alternative bakeries to use. Not so much for social media companies.  But Parler is an alternative.  Their app was removed from apple and google stores. Amazon is de-platforming parler servers. Gab is another who already weathered big tech's onslaught. Smells like collusion. And sounds illegal.

There are a zillion social media outlets. Turks place is a social media outlet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:15 am

BirdWatcher wrote:The Ayatollah of Iran is still on Twitter.  He supports throwing gays off roofs.

O.J. Simpson is still on.   He cut a woman's head clean off.    

Just saying

I’m not on Twitter much, does the Ayatollah support throwing gays off roofs on the Twitter outlet or does he give that opinion in Sunday services but behave himself on Twitter?

I really have no idea.

If he is supporting killing anyone on Twitter they ought to knock him off the site. Let’s work together to get all the maniacs off Twitter.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am

Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:The Ayatollah of Iran is still on Twitter.  He supports throwing gays off roofs.

O.J. Simpson is still on.   He cut a woman's head clean off.    

Just saying

I’m not on Twitter much, does the Ayatollah support throwing gays off roofs on the Twitter outlet or does he give that opinion in Sunday services but behave himself on Twitter?

I really have no idea.

If he is supporting killing anyone on Twitter they ought to knock him off the site. Let’s work together to get all the maniacs off Twitter.

Using this rationale...

Did Trump specifically use Twitter to tell people to storm the Capitol? Did he Tweet those words? I don't know. Or are we assuming because he keeps stating a lie (he won the election) that it would drive people to storming the Capitol? Kamala specifically told rioters and looters not to stop and to continue their behavior.

Trump lost fair and square but unless his Tweets actually condoned violence, is it a violation of the terms of use? I see people spreading lies on Twitter all the time. The people that did this had the plan and were going to act regardless of what he said.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:24 am

dusty7 wrote:
Kamala specifically told rioters and looters not to stop and to continue their behavior.

I think that is false.

She was addressing the protestors (not rioters or looters) against police treatment of blacks, and told them they should not give up.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am

dusty7 wrote:Did Trump specifically use Twitter to tell people to storm the Capitol? Did he Tweet those words?

Well, Twatter deleted the tweet, but here's what he said:
“We have to have peace, we have to have law and order, we have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened, where they could take it away from all of us, from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you, you’re very special.”

Pretty insurrectionist, no?

From Trump's speech at the Jan 6th rally:
“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard”

Another view of the DC Riot
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/11/what-i-saw-at-the-save-america-rally-in-washington-dc-on-jan-6

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am

Any attempt to rationalize or defend what happened on Wednesday... jfc people
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am

I guess we are adding "questioning an election" to "yelling fire in a crowded theater" as exceptions to free speech. I don't see how that could go wrong.

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:56 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Did Trump specifically use Twitter to tell people to storm the Capitol? Did he Tweet those words?

Well, Twatter deleted the tweet, but here's what he said:
“We have to have peace, we have to have law and order, we have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened, where they could take it away from all of us, from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you, you’re very special.”

Pretty insurrectionist, no?

From Trump's speech at the Jan 6th rally:
“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard”

Another view of the DC Riot
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/11/what-i-saw-at-the-save-america-rally-in-washington-dc-on-jan-6

That tweet was sent out well after the violence had began.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum