Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus III

+18
Dawgdad
ging
ramblinman
mc140
4a(6afornet)north
Huck
19delta
OldTitan
tm
dusty7
net
wolverine55
lefty120
Head Idiot
tps
OSUBucks
Teetime
BirdWatcher
22 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus III - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus III

Post by Horsefeather Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am

So, my wife tested positive on Nov. 9, I quarantined immediately & although I never was tested, I'm 99.9% I had it as well. Never been more sick in my life. The level of fatigue is indescribable. Hallucinations, cold sweats... not fun. I'm still not 100%, I've napped every day (except yesterday) for at least 2 hours as I just don't have the stamina to do much of anything.

I can't imagine my parents or in-laws, both of whom have some health issues, dealing with this if they get it.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:21 am

Horsefeather wrote:So, my wife tested positive on Nov. 9, I quarantined immediately & although I never was tested, I'm 99.9% I had it as well.  Never been more sick in my life.  The level of fatigue is indescribable.  Hallucinations, cold sweats... not fun.  I'm still not 100%, I've napped every day (except yesterday) for at least 2 hours as I just don't have the stamina to do much of anything.

I can't imagine my parents or in-laws, both of whom have some health issues, dealing with this if they get it.  

Wow, sorry to hear this. Hope you are back to 100% soon. Were your wife's symptoms similar to yours?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:49 am

Horsefeather wrote:So, my wife tested positive on Nov. 9, I quarantined immediately & although I never was tested, I'm 99.9% I had it as well.  Never been more sick in my life.  The level of fatigue is indescribable.  Hallucinations, cold sweats... not fun.  I'm still not 100%, I've napped every day (except yesterday) for at least 2 hours as I just don't have the stamina to do much of anything.

wow. has it been that long since we talked?

how's kelly? did keaton or kedzie get it?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Horsefeather wrote:I've napped every day for at least 2 hours...

And this is different how?  Laughing

So my son & his wife tested positive for anitbodies, had no symptoms, didn't know they had it.  Her dad and mom and entire family had it (tested pos) with symptoms.

Did your wife have symptoms?

Talked my my sister yesterday about coming up for Xmas... still no decision.

The in-laws are hunkered down waiting for the Trump vaccine to save the day.  My mom says "she ain't takin' no vaccine, no-how..."     This from a woman who didn't take Novacaine at the dentist for years....  meh.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Real sorry to hear this. Hope you both are feeling 100% soon.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Horsefeather likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Yikes!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your wife both get better soon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:36 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Get well soon Horse.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 pm

They're just now finding this out? Makes you wonder what else they're wrong about.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:52 pm

I think every American should send a pair of flip flops to Fauci

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/here-are-faucis-biggest-flip-flops-and-backtracks-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I'm not saying the guy is flat out wrong but his guidance was based upon one goal, stopping the virus, with little consideration on the effects of the policies not related to COVID. I'm also not saying we don't do anything but I think the negative effects of lockdowns, shutting down schools, closing businesses, etc., have more impact on the lives of more people than COVID.

I hope all those who get sick have a fast and safe recovery and I feel for those who have lost loved ones. But I also hope that our children, business owners, long-term care residents, and people who put off medical exams and procedures are able to recover over time.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:41 am

dusty7 wrote:I think every American should send a pair of flip flops to Fauci

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/here-are-faucis-biggest-flip-flops-and-backtracks-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I'm not saying the guy is flat out wrong but his guidance was based upon one goal, stopping the virus, with little consideration on the effects of the policies not related to COVID.  I'm also not saying we don't do anything but I think the negative effects of lockdowns, shutting down schools, closing businesses, etc., have more impact on the lives of more people than COVID.  

I hope all those who get sick have a fast and safe recovery and I feel for those who have lost loved ones.  But I also hope that our children, business owners, long-term care residents, and people who put off medical exams and procedures are able to recover over time.  

he sounds alot like a politician...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:02 pm

hmmmm...covid has been here since Dec 2019 (confirmed) and probably before that.
where was the hysteria, lockdowns, school closures, et al ?
i guess that impeachment thing was more important...because, science.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Wow, sorry to hear this. Hope you are back to 100% soon. Were your wife's symptoms similar to yours?

My wife had massive headaches and got hit really, really quick. She was down and out by day 2 of her quarantine. I was tired for my first 6 days, but I have had colds that were worse. Day 7 to day 9 it kicked my ass. Hardcore. I never had headaches or body aches, just fatigue that is indescribable.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:05 pm

net wrote:
wow. has it been that long since we talked?

how's kelly? did keaton or kedzie get it?

I think we talked just before I got it. Kelly is doing fine. She was about two days ahead of me with symptoms, although we're both still dealing with fatigue. Kids never got it. Our quarantine worked.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:42 pm

"His administration still keeps coronavirus predictive modeling that determines pandemic policy a state secret. And when faced with a Greek chorus of skeptics, the governor warned of the dangers of continued disobedience, stoking fear of the certain catastrophic consequences as the coronavirus crisis intensifies."

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/amp/29114697/did-pritzkers-pandemic-science-preaching-erode-public-trust?

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:44 pm

I'm not saying the guy is flat out wrong but his guidance was based upon one goal, stopping the virus, with little consideration on the effects of the policies not related to COVID.  I'm also not saying we don't do anything but I think the negative effects of lockdowns, shutting down schools, closing businesses, etc., have more impact on the lives of more people than COVID.  

I hope all those who get sick have a fast and safe recovery and I feel for those who have lost loved ones.  But I also hope that our children, business owners, long-term care residents, and people who put off medical exams and procedures are able to recover over time.  

I think Dr. Fauci is like a lot of people...the more they and he learned about this new virus, the more he changed what his initial beliefs were. He's made mistakes just like everyone else in charge has.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:53 pm

My college age son tested positive last Friday. Symptoms started Thanksgiving day. He was pretty sick Friday and Saturday, but seems to be bouncing back now. The whole family is under quarantine dating back to Thursday. We've isolated him in the basement and didn't have any real contact with him leading up to his symptoms starting so we are hoping next Friday we will be out of jail, barring any of us getting it...which, knock on wood, we haven't. I will say from the limited first hand experience we've had, he was pretty sick those couple days but the last few he seems to just have mild cold type symptoms and he has had none of the cough / upper respiratory congestion that many say is a trademark of the virus. He's 18 and an athlete who's in pretty good shape though so I'd have to assume that's got something to do with it.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 pm

tps wrote:

You guys don't like Fauci? Fine, find someone else you will wind up ignoring anyway. There are lots of public health officials and epidemiologists out there who are contributing to the public debate on this issue.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:31 pm

ramblinman wrote:
tps wrote:

You guys don't like Fauci?  Fine, find someone else you will wind up ignoring anyway.  There are lots of public health officials and epidemiologists out there who are contributing to the public debate on this issue.  

I've never said I don't like him but when you see the flips and flops and the constant changing of policy and guidelines it's hard to see him as credible. Many of the decisions have been made with tunnel vision with the only goal of stopping the virus at ALL COSTS. Remember, it was supposed to be 14 days.

Look around our state, look at the closed businesses, look at the developmental delays our children will face for decades (many will never recover from the lost year of school), look at the decreasing mental health of all ages (especially the elderly), look at the live saving medical procedures that have been delayed, just take a look at the effects other than the deaths and positive cases. In 10 years, when we are still seeing the negative impacts of the tunnel vision decision, will we be saying, "hey, it was all worth it, we saved lives." But look at all the lives lost due to these decisions that are not because of COVID, or are they just necessary to save the rest of us from getting sick.

There's no right answer to how this was handled and nobody made the correct decision. I am just seeing the elderly in my family and my students really starting to struggle and are losing things that they should never have been forced to lose. Like my grandma said, "she would rather risk getting COVID and dying than living like she is now." Many kids have just given up trying to have any semblance of childhood, and this goes beyond HS kids, elementary kids are starting to show signs of depression and social anxiety. But I guess to some people this is just an unwanted but necessary.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 pm

dusty7 wrote:
I've never said I don't like him but when you see the flips and flops and the constant changing of policy and guidelines it's hard to see him as credible. Many of the decisions have been made with tunnel vision with the only goal of stopping the virus at ALL COSTS. Remember, it was supposed to be 14 days.

Fauci doesn't make policies or decisions impacting the entire country.  He ADVISES.  People up the food chain from him decide whether or not to accept and create policy based on his advice, or ignore it.

Please explain the 14 days comment.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:11 pm

tps wrote:

hmmmm...covid has been here since Dec 2019 (confirmed) and probably before that.
where was the hysteria, lockdowns, school closures, et al ?
i guess that impeachment thing was more important...because, science.

What has one got to do with the other?

The President was impeached for acts committed in May or June. What was he thinking with CV-19 just about to occur that he would violate the law like he did? See, that makes no sense at all.

So there was COVID two months earlier than previously thought...who gives a shit. We didn't know then and we didn't know two months later.

I think HI says he got COVID-19 in 2018!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Fauci doesn't make policies or decisions impacting the entire country.  He ADVISES.  People up the food chain from him decide whether or not to accept and create policy based on his advice, or ignore it.

Please explain the 14 days comment.

Yes he advises but some people seem to think that those who don't follow his every word deny the science and the data.

The 14 Days Comment, this is quote taken from the article I posted. The lockdown was supposed to only be 14 days long
"
Days later on March 15, he changed positions and said he was open to a national 14-day shutdown to help stop the spread. In April, when pressed in a CNN interview on why social distancing and lockdowns weren't implemented sooner, he sparked confusion when he said more lives “obviously” could have been saved if there hadn't been "pushback" to lockdowns at the start of the pandemic. The very next day, he backtracked, saying that he used “the wrong choice of words."
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:21 pm

dusty7 wrote:Yes he advises but some people seem to think that those who don't follow his every word deny the science and the data.  

And some people think that it's okay to throw around words like policies and decisions in association with Fauci when he makes neither.  It reminds me of the Gomers who were getting all bent out of shape a week or so ago and saying things like, "I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the government or anybody else dictate how I can celebrate Thanksgiving."  No, Gomer, nobody was dictating anything.  They were advising, but they weren't ordering you to do anything.  

dusty7 wrote:The 14 Days Comment, this is quote taken from the article I posted.  The lockdown was supposed to only be 14 days long

"Days later on March 15, he changed positions and said he was open to a national 14-day shutdown to help stop the spread."

There was no national shutdown.  The states all went their own ways with restrictions to varying degrees.  So right there is an example where Fauci's advice (if you want to call his comment of being "open to" the concept of a national shutdown to be "advice") was NOT TAKEN.

And your point is?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:11 pm

ramblinman wrote: And some people think that it's okay to throw around words like policies and decisions in association with Fauci when he makes neither.  It reminds me of the Gomers who were getting all bent out of shape a week or so ago and saying things like, "I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the government or anybody else dictate how I can celebrate Thanksgiving."  No, Gomer, nobody was dictating anything.  They were advising, but they weren't ordering you to do anything.

So if the government isn't "dictating" our behavior and just advising, why can't restaurants "choose" to be open? Why can't parents "choose" to send their kids to school? Why family members "choose" to their loved ones in nursing homes in a safe setting? If these are all just "advice" or "suggestions," why are we not able to choose? If all of the restrictions are just advice, why can't we have the choice to follow or not follow the advice?

State governments are already imposing stricting restrictions because of Thanksgiving and as stated earlier in a few above threads, Fatboy JB has said there we will be in Phase 3 for the foreseeable future even if regions are meeting Phase 2 metrics. I guess the common people are too stupid to listen to advice. I don't know about many of you, but I don't know of many people who did not celebrate Thanksgiving with only those in their household or family they already see frequently.    

The advice for the 14 days may not have been taken nationally but was definitely taken by many states (mostly blue, sounds somewhat political to me or are the Democratic states just smarter than the Republican?) based upon the ideas that 14 days would slow the spread and flatten the curve. It was an easy "one size fits all" solution that was expected to work and, in my opinion, and did not account for all of the other negatives caused by their decisions. A decision was made based upon one criterion with little to no regard of the long-term impact it has and will have, in the future.  

I'm not sure how much this entire pandemic has impacted you personally, financially, or mentally but I am going to assume it has not impacted you negatively the way it has millions of Americans. I'll be honest, it hasn't impacted my life that much but I have seen the negative impacts first hand and when you see once happy and motivated children completely give up, you really start to see the true impact this will have on the future. But I'm sure you just think they should "buck up, deal with it, and learn what it is like to sacrifice something for other people."
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Head Idiot, wolverine55 and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:21 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Yes he advises but some people seem to think that those who don't follow his every word deny the science and the data.  

And some people think that it's okay to throw around words like policies and decisions in association with Fauci when he makes neither.  It reminds me of the Gomers who were getting all bent out of shape a week or so ago and saying things like, "I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the government or anybody else dictate how I can celebrate Thanksgiving."  No, Gomer, nobody was dictating anything.  They were advising, but they weren't ordering you to do anything.  

dusty7 wrote:The 14 Days Comment, this is quote taken from the article I posted.  The lockdown was supposed to only be 14 days long

"Days later on March 15, he changed positions and said he was open to a national 14-day shutdown to help stop the spread."

There was no national shutdown.  The states all went their own ways with restrictions to varying degrees.  So right there is an example where Fauci's advice (if you want to call his comment of being "open to" the concept of a national shutdown to be "advice") was NOT TAKEN.

And your point is?
Americans don't like to be told by their rulers what to do. It's kind of why we're a country.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next