Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big10 Football

+17
Teetime
tm
general maximus
guerin
OldTitan
BirdWatcher
mc140
tps
center
19delta
newcom
Head Idiot
dusty7
wolverine55
net
lefty120
OSUBucks
21 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Big10 Football - Page 4 Empty Re: Big10 Football

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm hearing that the Presidents will do another vote Friday. I think they need 9 votes to play for it to pass but I'm not 100% on that. I have no idea how it will come out. It would like to see both Michigan schools on board. Their left wing Governor has said that she doesn't want any football played in Michigan this year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm hearing that the Presidents will do another vote Friday. I think they need 9 votes to play for it to pass but I'm not 100% on that. I have no idea how it will come out. It would like to see both Michigan schools on board. Their left wing Governor has said that she doesn't want any football played in Michigan this year.
A great many of them probably would like to see no football again.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:00 pm

This isn't related to Big 10 football but Lovie Smith's son Mikal has been arrested In Arizona and is accused of pimping. Can't make this shiite up.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:47 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I'm hearing that the Presidents will do another vote Friday. I think they need 9 votes to play for it to pass but I'm not 100% on that. I have no idea how it will come out. It would like to see both Michigan schools on board. Their left wing Governor has said that she doesn't want any football played in Michigan this year.
And then, in a completely mystifying turn of events, Michigan HS football is goint to start in 2 weeks-
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/09/03/michigan-high-school-football-season-reinstated-mhsaa/5693784002/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
And then, in a completely mystifying turn of events, Michigan HS football is goint to start in 2 weeks-
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/09/03/michigan-high-school-football-season-reinstated-mhsaa/5693784002/

Yep, I take that as a positive. I heard today from a source that may or may not be totally clued in that some Big 10 teams may not play. The teams mentioned as probably not playing were Illinois, NW, Maryland and Rutgers.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 am

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Yep, I take that as a positive. I heard today from a source that may or may not be totally clued in that some Big 10 teams may not play. The teams mentioned as probably not playing were Illinois, NW, Maryland and Rutgers.
That's so Illinois.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:28 pm

I'm hearing no vote today and it might be early next week. Some of the decision makers are still pushing for starting in November which would in effect eliminate the Big 10 from playoff consideration. October 17 is the latest date possible start date to make playoff opportunities possible. Feels like the Conference is just stalling for time.
I watched South Alabama play Southern Miss last night. Last weekend Austin Peay played Central Arkansas. Do these schools have tools at their disposal that the Big 10 doesn't? I think not. Most of the country is laughing at the incompetence of the Big 10. Maybe the Big 10 could make public evidence that shows playing in November is safer than October but they are in hiding.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:06 pm

I heard earlier this afternoon that Big 10 medical committee is still working on benchmarks for return to competition. What the hell have they been doing the last couple of weeks? What a cluster****. I suspect that they are looking to manufacture benchmarks that haven't yet been met, just more stalling.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:06 pm

In some of the emails that have been obtained by the lawyer representing Nebraska players via FOIA it was discovered that the Big 10 had agreed to cancel football back in July. The announcing of the schedule on August 11 was just a smokescreen.
The Conference is expected to contact the Trump administration tomorrow requesting assistance to address various safety protocols that need implemented before they agree to football. It just may be a stalling tactic, who knows. They've had months to do this why now? Apparently because they never intended to play.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:19 pm

I hope this just destroys the Big 10. They deserve it.

The transfer portal should be busy this spring.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:18 pm

If Jim Delany was still Commissioner this shi* wouldn't be happening. They'd be playing football.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 pm

OSUBucks wrote:If Jim Delany was still Commissioner this shi* wouldn't be happening. They'd be playing football.
Apparently Michigan's president is the key resistor to the season starting.

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-football-wolverines-mark-schlissel-stands-in-the-way-big-ten-football-2020-season-jim-harbaugh
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:10 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:05 pm

The Big 10 Commissioner Kevin Warren is big into the political side of this. He had a plan to get every athlete in the Big 10 registered to vote in an effort to help Biden. After Trump spoke with Warren a week ago about resolving this problem there was concern in the Big 10 hierarchy that if they relented and had football in October Trump would get the credit. It really sucks for the players, especially the ones who have a shot at getting drafted and could potentially lose their final audition for a potential pro career because of politics.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 pm

What really sucks is that roughly 50% of people feel that destroying American daily life is worth it to get rid of an elected official
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:53 am

I'm hearing some positive things about an announcement later this week about the Big 10 starting football mid October.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Just when you think you're heading for a solution the chancellors and presidents of the schools take a step backwards. Many of them still want to play in November (after the election) than October. Right now only half of the Big 10 schools want to play. The Big 10 has sent pages of redacted information to the lawyer representing Nebraska athletes. They are hiding something. Legislatures from 6 Big 10 states have sent letters to the Big 10 Commissioner advocating football. About all the signatures on those letters are from Republicans. Right now I'm not sure if there are any Democrat signatures.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:49 am

I'm hearing that the vote might be Monday and that the Big 10 could have football starting October 17. We'll see.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Head Idiot wrote:What really sucks is that roughly 50% of people feel that destroying American daily life is worth it to get rid of an elected official

American daily life is not being destroyed by social distancing and masks on our faces and the point is to save lives.

What a dick-headed thing to write.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:What really sucks is that roughly 50% of people feel that destroying American daily life is worth it to get rid of an elected official

American daily life is not being destroyed by social distancing and masks on our faces and the point is to save lives.

Enjoy the show
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Teetime wrote:

To quote Andy Dufresne- How can you be so obtuse?

Really? You think masks and social distancing are the only thing being done to Americans? How many millions are unemployed? Many with their jobs never to come back? How many millions of people struggled for decades to have their own business just to have a Governor shut it down so Wal-Mart can make millions to funnel back into the politicians "campaign fund"? How many kids haven't gotten a decent education in 6 months (with some not potentially going back for a year and a half)? How many of those same kids have been beaten or been forever altered because their one escape from a hellish home was closed to "protect them" from a disease that is no worse to them than any other they'll see every single year of school? How many cities have been burned, looted and left a bigger shit hole than they already were(I know, those are unrelated right?)? How many people have killed themselves or turned to drugs (many willfully handed out by the "experts" we're supposed to follow so blindly) to escape the "horrors" of 2020 were constantly having shoved down our throat by the "resistance" media? How much have we screwed over the economic future of this country to spend trillions giving handouts? What is the long term political fallout of this going to be? Will the American governmental system even be recognizable in a generation? How many people haven't seen loved ones in half a year? How has socialization been changed potentially forever? How much rage and hatred has been cultivated across social media? I could go on and on.

But, ya. It's just masks and social distancing.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:11 am

After Andy Dufresne said that he was thrown to the sodomites. Is that what you want?

The rest of that diatribe was a load of crap. You asked a lot of questions, three or four of which related to Covid 19 the rest were just social media hatred cultivation, but supplied no answers.

Where in God’s name did you get the idea that the riots that started with the George Floyd murder were COVID related? Is that a new theory on those right wing lunatic sites you visit? What about the child sex slave rings that operate in the tunnels under America and are run by Joe Biden and Barak Obama? You left those out.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 am

You're right. How can we possibly question this? WE'RE SAVING LIVES!!

How ignorant of me to question.

You really don't think this is having any affect on Americans lives long term do you?

PS- the red mark is from me for doing the standard Democrat argument thing and automatically assuming I'm some inbred that laps the balls of Qanon and that I couldn't possibly look around and make deductions based on observations and thoughts.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:23 am

The other day in my Econ class we were going over Cost/Benefit and Marginal Analysis. This is often how I look at things, are the costs worth the benefits?

Giving up some freedoms, as we have done with this since March, don't bother most people, but what scares me is when we are told that we get some of the freedoms back they can be taken away at any time. Now the govt has set the standard in how we the people are treated and there is very little we can do.

JB has entirely too much control of what is happening right now in our state. He continuously states he is following science but never provides any details on that science other than new cases and deaths, both of which are scary without context. Average deaths per week have been flat since May, no spike from the increase in cases. Same with hospitalizations, they have not increased much over the past few months. Of course some people will get sick but we are treating that situation like it is 100% preventable and all other illnesses do not matter anymore.

Sadly, looks like the Big 10 will be voting today and Illinois and Northwestern will not be playing Football, if anything this season. Those programs will be ruined for years to come if that is the case.

At the HS level, kids lives have been drastically altered and for many, they have lost opportunities to be successful at something, which many kids need something positive, especially in Chicago.

The governor is not listening to anyone and uses his own personal financial interests to guide his decisions. Should this fair tax pass, I will be moving my family out of Illinois, just like JB has moved his businesses to Wisconsin.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next