Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa HS Football

2 posters

Go down

Iowa HS Football Empty Iowa HS Football

Post by center Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:08 pm

How is Iowa HS football practice going? Anyone know, Wolve?

Are they on a normal schedule as far as shells/pads?

Can they make it through the year?

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Iowa HS Football Empty Re: Iowa HS Football

Post by wolverine55 Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:17 pm

So far, so good.  I have not heard of a team that has had to shutdown due to a positive test, but I can't guarantee none have.  There is a school in northeast Missouri that has had to shutdown due to a positive case.

Normal schedule as far as shells/pads goes.  We could have had a full padded practice Saturday but decided to keep it light and we'll go full pads tomorrow.  

I'm still predicting no on making it through the year as I"m sure cases will spike when school starts.  Most are starting teacher workdays this week and then students will show up a week from Monday or Tuesday.

There are at least a couple teacher unions taking, or threatening to take, the governor to court as they don't feel it's safe to be starting in-person school right now.  I don't know the status of what's going on there.  The Iowa Department of Education just yesterday released that no school that goes 100% virtual will be allowed to participate in fall sports...but by law, I don't think any school can go 100% virtual at this point.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:03 pm

At almost the same time I made the above post, someone posted on Iowapreps.com that the “derecho” is for now having a bigger impact. Cedar Rapids area teams probably didn’t practice all week based on how much damage the town and schools specifically sustained.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:19 pm

College friend from Iowa City texted and said they were full pads yesterday.

He did mention the battle with the governor regarding a ban on 100% remote learning.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down