Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big10 Football

+17
Teetime
tm
general maximus
guerin
OldTitan
BirdWatcher
mc140
tps
center
19delta
newcom
Head Idiot
dusty7
wolverine55
net
lefty120
OSUBucks
21 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Big10 Football - Page 12 Empty Re: Big10 Football

Post by Teetime Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Teetime wrote:Minnesota was down 33 players today due to COVID and they went to Lincoln Nebraska and won anyway.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/gophers-come-to-lincoln-without-33-players-and-beat-huskers-24-17/article_f31deb0b-7ecb-5439-b173-bcbb087dec8f.html

I've got to give Minnesota credit for manning up and playing.
All I found out about OSU/Illinois was that OSU was in the Red Zone as per Big 10 testing protocols and were not eligible to play as per the Conference rules. On Tuesday when TTUN canceled they were not in the Red Zone and apparently weren't Friday either.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:32 pm

What is the red zone?

I thought that was if you were inside the 20 yard line.

I thought the conference rules were whatever OSU said they were? Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Teetime wrote:What is the red zone?

I thought that was if you were inside the 20 yard line.

I thought the conference rules were whatever OSU said they were?

I wish I was in charge of making the rules. I almost guarantee most of you would enjoy the game more. Twisted Evil
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Not you, Ohio State University.

They want a B1G football season....done.

They want a six game minimum...done

Oops, make that five....done

Don’t want to play Illinois....let’s create a red zone...done

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:48 pm

Time to talk about Big 10 Championship. What NW did today which was run for 400 yards against Illinois, would give them a shot at beating OSU. Control the clock Offensively and keep the ball away from the OSU offense, which is explosive. OSU has been good against the run this year but more vulnerable against the pass. Their Secondary was a little better better last week against MSU though. Tee sounds a little like Trump, he thinks it’s already rigged for an OSU win. Go Bucks!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:43 am

I'll take Ohio State by 17.

Too much offensive talent for the guys on NW to tame. I was looking, over the last six years or so NW has never had a five star recruit. They average about two or three four star guys a year. They get a bunch of two and three star guys looking for an education (no doubt). I'm not looking up OSU's recruiting, it would make me sick.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:13 pm

i'm not sure NW will score vs osu.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:49 pm

What happens if one team has a covid outbreak? Postpone? I thought i heard on the broadcast yesterday that nw has zero positive covid tests in their program. Impressive if true.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:53 pm

tps wrote:What happens if one team has a covid outbreak? Postpone?  I thought i heard on the broadcast yesterday that nw has zero positive covid tests in their program. Impressive if true.

There will be a meeting of the athletic directors in Columbus Ohio and OSU will be awarded the championship unanimously. I think that is the procedure outlined to the conference by OSU earlier.

Admin

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:What happens if one team has a covid outbreak? Postpone?  I thought i heard on the broadcast yesterday that nw has zero positive covid tests in their program. Impressive if true.

There will be a meeting of the athletic directors in Columbus Ohio and OSU will be awarded the championship unanimously. I think that is the procedure outlined to the conference by OSU earlier.

Even if OSU/NW play Saturday that's only 6 games played for the Bucks. I think OSU needs to play and win big (by more than 17) to give themselves a high probability to get in the playoffs. ESPN has network agreements with the SEC and ACC and their talking heads will continue to push the narrative towards 2 teams from each of those Conferences. I do think that OSU is the best team in the Big 10 this year and I don't think it's even close. I'm not going to engage in hypothetical situations like not having a game next Saturday.
Dan Mullen was pretty salty when his Florida team blew a home game against a 3-5 LSU team last night which likely knocked them out of the playoffs. He used the post game interview to take a cheap shot at OSU. Dabo Swinney recently did too. It's great when your favorite team is loved by so many. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Last edited by dusty7 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I would contact Jamey Chadwell immediately after their season concludes. I doubt that he'd take it as I think bigger things are coming his way. It's not going to be easy to build a winner in Champaign IMO.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:51 pm

dusty7 wrote:Good Riddance!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/illinois-fires-lovie-smith-as-football-coach-after-illini-post-17-39-record-in-last-five-seasons/

First guess is that the one that got away, Kevin Dunkin, may be the new HC.  
Maybe he knew and that's why he didn't participate in the clinic?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:28 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Even if OSU/NW play Saturday that's only 6 games played for the Bucks. I think OSU needs to play and win big (by more than 17) to give themselves a high probability to get in the playoffs. ESPN has network agreements with the SEC and ACC and their talking heads will continue to push the narrative towards 2 teams from each of those Conferences. I do think that OSU is the best team in the Big 10 this year and I don't think it's even close. I'm not going to engage in hypothetical situations like not having a game next Saturday.
Dan Mullen was pretty salty when his Florida team blew a home game against a 3-5 LSU team last night which likely knocked them out of the playoffs. He used the post game interview to take a cheap shot at OSU. Dabo Swinney recently did too. It's great when your favorite team is loved by so many. Laughing

While it sounded like sour grapes coming from Mullen after a loss, his point was extremely valid. By playing less games, Ohio St. hasn't been in position for that "inexplicable loss" nearly as often. You can play the "us against the world" card if you want, but the fact is Ohio St. being in the playoffs would be a pure gift. They literally haven't done enough on the field to justify a spot.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:29 pm

dusty7 wrote:Good Riddance!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/illinois-fires-lovie-smith-as-football-coach-after-illini-post-17-39-record-in-last-five-seasons/

First guess is that the one that got away, Kevin Sumlin, may be the new HC.  

It literally doesn't matter who the Illini hire. It'll be another coach that will win 4-6 games over the next 3-5 years, and then we'll get to have this conversation again.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:40 pm

wolverine55 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:

While it sounded like sour grapes coming from Mullen after a loss, his point was extremely valid.  By playing less games, Ohio St. hasn't been in position for that "inexplicable loss" nearly as often.  You can play the "us against the world" card if you want, but the fact is Ohio St. being in the playoffs would be a pure gift.  They literally haven't done enough on the field to justify a spot.

Well they would have had at least one more game if your boys wouldn't have backed out yesterday. They wanted no part of it.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:45 pm

I'm not disagreeing. I knew as soon as the Maryland game was canceled, the Ohio game wouldn't be played either.

Also, since Illini fans are always so realistic with who their candidates will be, I'll throw out that apparently Gus Malzahn is available...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Yeah Gus just got fired. His buyout is reported as 21 million, half which is due to be paid in 30 days. He won't feel pressed to look for work right away. Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:24 pm

The Illini freeing up Lovie makes him available to the Bears!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:54 pm

I forgot about Huge Freeze at Liberty. The man can coach. He won't come cheap though. Now that I think of it Liberty probably has better facilities than Illinois. You don't have to worry about any recruiting shenanigans with Freeze either, he's learned his lesson. Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:05 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Yeah Gus just got fired. His buyout is reported as 21 million, half which is due to be paid in 30 days. He won't feel pressed to look for work right away. Smile

They won't admit it publicly, but for most of these guys getting fired is the best thing to happen to them.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:20 pm

For some of our Coaches who'd prefer Defensive guys a couple of good DC's who could very well take the job are Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin and Marcus Freeman at Cincinnati. I don't know if Cincy HC Luke Fickell would be interested. He turned down the Michigan State job last year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Cincinnati is a better job.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Cincinnati is a better job.

I don't think there are many jobs worse than Illinois. Facilities are crap and Lovie really did a number on recruiting.

Whoever they hire, they need to understand that a Conference Championship is not the first goal, that will take 3-4 years and likely longer. Need to establish an identity, improve recruiting, improve coaching, and get to a reputable bowl.

As life long Illini fan, I would be happy if they were just competitive with the top tier BIG teams and get to a bowl every season. If they can get a coach to do that, they will have a lifetime job.

https://footballscoop.com/news/leipold-monken-expected-among-top-candidates-at-illinois/
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next