Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big10 Football

+17
Teetime
tm
general maximus
guerin
OldTitan
BirdWatcher
mc140
tps
center
19delta
newcom
Head Idiot
dusty7
wolverine55
net
lefty120
OSUBucks
21 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Big10 Football - Page 15 Empty Re: Big10 Football

Post by Head Idiot Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:54 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:What the hell is OSU doing?

All you gotta do is wear your damn mask...

Right, if all you had to do is wear a mask we would have had this under control months ago. Once we all get vaccinated they will still require us to wear that damn mask.
Nah. All those Trumpers not wearing their masks on OSU is the obvious problem...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:28 am

OSUBucks wrote:Nothing released to the public yet but I'm hearing that OSU will be missing a few starters including one prominent offensive player for the Conference Championship game Saturday. Yes it is related to positive Covid19 tests.

What about that red zone thing?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:12 am

What I’m hearing is OSU is well below the red zone though they will be tested again Friday before leaving for Indy. Besides Chris Olave their #1 receiver, there may be a few other guys out.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:34 am

OSUBucks wrote:What I’m hearing is OSU is well below the red zone though they will be tested again Friday before leaving for Indy. Besides Chris Olave their #1 receiver, there may be a few other guys out.

As someone who is admittedly completely biased and trying to figure out some way for a 9-2 Iowa State (fingers crossed they win tomorrow) to make the playoffs, would Ohio State still be in the top 4 with 5 games played and no conference championship? For the record, I think Ohio State is a double digit favorite against Iowa State. Seems like at some point they need to play games though.

Iowa State beats Oklahoma
Alabama beats Florida
Sally N D beats Clemson.....
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:50 am

I know Coach Monken. I played against him and played with his younger brother. He is a great guy and a great coach. He is not a great fit for Illinois.

There are a lot of reasons the service academies run triple option schemes, besides the obvious - their recruiting limitations - there are a couple of other factors most people do not consider:

1. Service academies are exempted from the maximum practice hours rules of the NCAA; and
2. Service academies are exempted for the maximum roster sizes.

I remember Coach Johnson and his staff bemoaned the difficulties of installing the triple in the limited time they had for practice at GA Tech.

I enjoy watching the triple. However, the hire would not excite the fan base (such as it is).

I like the guy at Buffalo - he's been a winner everywhere he has gone. I'll take that over a big name retread every day. Why not take a chance? It's not like he would destroy a program at this point.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime, general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:29 am

tm wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:What I’m hearing is OSU is well below the red zone though they will be tested again Friday before leaving for Indy. Besides Chris Olave their #1 receiver, there may be a few other guys out.

As someone who is admittedly completely biased and trying to figure out some way for a 9-2 Iowa State (fingers crossed they win tomorrow) to make the playoffs, would Ohio State still be in the top 4 with 5 games played and no conference championship? For the record, I think Ohio State is a double digit favorite against Iowa State. Seems like at some point they need to play games though.

Iowa State beats Oklahoma
Alabama beats Florida
Sally N D beats Clemson.....

To get in the playoffs OSU would need to play tomorrow and win. It would probably be helpful to win pretty convincingly. I favor OU to beat ISU but what do I know.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:34 am

OldTitan wrote:I know Coach Monken. I played against him and played with his younger brother. He is a great guy and a great coach. He is not a great fit for Illinois.

There are a lot of reasons the service academies run triple option schemes, besides the obvious - their recruiting limitations - there are a couple of other factors most people do not consider:

1. Service academies are exempted from the maximum practice hours rules of the NCAA; and

I remember Coach Johnson and his staff bemoaned the difficulties of installing the triple in the limited time they had for practice at GA Tech.

I enjoy watching the triple. However, the hire would not excite the fan base (such as it is).

I like the guy at Buffalo - he's been a winner everywhere he has gone. I'll take that over a big name retread every day. Why not take a chance? It's not like he would destroy a program at this point.

I agree with you on Lance Leipold.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:39 am

OldTitan wrote:I know Coach Monken. I played against him and played with his younger brother. He is a great guy and a great coach. He is not a great fit for Illinois.

I could not agree with you more. I love the Triple Option and it can be run at the collegiate level but not in the way the service academies run it. Coastal Carolina has some semblance of Triple Option but it totally different.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:26 am

Sounds like Bielema is a done deal.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Just saw the OSU active list. It's worse than I thought. Hit particularly hard at DE and WR. One starting LB as well as Punter out. Just win, style points may be out.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:01 pm

The B1G "red zone" is the zone established by the Big Ten, which forces a team to shut down all activities when the total test positivity rate exceeds 5% and the population rate exceeds 7.5%.

What are those metrics in Columbus?

I just want to confirm that the "Red Zone" was not something that only applied to the Illinois game, but not the conference championship.

If they are missing eight guys for COVID the roster would have to be 160 kids to be under 5%.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Teetime wrote:The B1G "red zone" is the zone established by the Big Ten, which forces a team to shut down all activities when the total test positivity rate exceeds 5% and the population rate exceeds 7.5%.

What are those metrics in Columbus?

I just want to confirm that the "Red Zone" was not something that only applied to the Illinois game, but not the conference championship.

If they are missing eight guys for COVID the roster would have to be 160 kids to be under 5%.

They have already set the precedent that they will change the rules to give OSU a shot at the CFB. If OSU is over 5% it doesn't matter, like a lot of things with COVID, safety is important but not as important as $$$$, and the B1G and NCAA will make more money with OSU playing than if they aren't.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:03 pm

OSU rallies from a 10-6 halftime deficit to defeat NW 22-10 and likely punch their ticket to the playoffs. Ryan Day was pass happy in the first half and Fields wasn't playing well. The run was there the whole time. In the 2nd half they started running the ball and took control of the game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:17 pm

OSUBucks wrote:OSU rallies from a 10-6 halftime deficit to defeat NW 22-10 and likely punch their ticket to the playoffs. Ryan Day was pass happy in the first half and Fields wasn't playing well. The run was there the whole time. In the 2nd half they started running the ball and took control of the game.

Do you think he was trying to hard to get up big early in the game? Once they started running NW didn't have an answer.

As for Bielema, I think thr IllinI realize they are not a hot commodity and need to take what they can get. I'm sure they made many calls and we're told not interested
I'm not saying they are settlling but being realistic and getting what they can get before being forced to hire the wrong guy.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:36 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:OSU rallies from a 10-6 halftime deficit to defeat NW 22-10 and likely punch their ticket to the playoffs. Ryan Day was pass happy in the first half and Fields wasn't playing well. The run was there the whole time. In the 2nd half they started running the ball and took control of the game.

Do you think he was trying to hard to get up big early in the game?  Once they started running NW didn't have an answer.  

As for Bielema, I think thr IllinI realize they are not a hot commodity and need to take what they can get.  I'm sure they made many calls and we're told not interested
I'm not saying they are settlling but being realistic and getting what they can get before being forced to hire the wrong guy.

NW defensively did what I thought they'd do. They didn't want to get beat deep over the top. They forced OSU to be patient offensively. NW was ranked #6 in the country on run defense and once OSU committed to running their OLine took them apart. This OSU team isn't as good as last years team. I don't see them beating an Alabama or Clemson. They would be better if they had more game reps and more practices. This year has just turned everything on it's head. I do think they can play better with all their players back.
Barry Alvarez said the Bielema hire was a home run hire for Illinois. Obviously he likes Bielema who won several Big 10 titles for him. I agree with you in that it was probably the best they could get. For years Wisconsin has had a knack for spotting big athletes who can be developed into good OLinemen. It'd be nice if Bielema could bring that element to Illinois.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:41 pm

I hope he gets time. And what i mean by that is, while Illinois is in a far better place than they were after Beckman, I'm going to wager that there won't be many Lovie recruits that play much of a role in the Bielema regime. I think Illinois will look a lot different in 2024 than they will in 2021.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Bielema mentioned yesterday that one of the traditions they had at Arkansas was a Sunday victory meal. Smile
In other news TTUN fired their DC Don Brown. I don't think he will be the last assistant to go. For now I still stand by what I posted on here a month ago, that Harbaugh will be retained.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:20 pm

If they don't win on Saturday I guessing Bielema will have a meal anyway.

He just may have to come up with another name.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Teetime wrote:If they don't win on Saturday I guessing Bielema will have a meal anyway.

He just may have to come up with another name.

Exactly, that boy is going to eat!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bielema mentioned yesterday that one of the traditions they had at Arkansas was a Sunday victory meal. Smile
In other news TTUN fired their DC Don Brown. I don't think he will be the last assistant to go. For now I still stand by what I posted on here a month ago, that Harbaugh will be retained.

It sounds like when the restructured his contract it made more money available to hire better assistants.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bielema mentioned yesterday that one of the traditions they had at Arkansas was a Sunday victory meal. Smile

Well those meal might be few and far between for a couple of years.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:48 pm

dusty7 wrote:

It sounds like when the restructured his contract it made more money available to hire better assistants.

That's what I heard too. All kidding aside I think he's a nice guy.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:21 pm

The dude once was banging Erin Andrews. His current wife may be more attractive.

He's doing something right.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The dude once was banging Erin Andrews. His current wife may be more attractive.

He's doing something right.

When a dude who looks like that consistently bangs hot girls, I think we all know what's going on!

He's got lots of money and probably big shoes.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 am

Head Idiot wrote:The state of Illinois hasn't produced a 5 star recruit since 2017 and only has 7 of the top 500 college football recruits this year.

Keeping Illinois kids home isn't the answer.
Just saw the All Big 10 1st and 2nd teams. 3 of the 50 honorees came from the state of Illinois. One goes to Illinois and 2 go to Northwestern.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next