Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by dusty7 Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Won't see this reported but 10 straight days of of the 7 day rolling average of positive cases decreasing across the US.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Further evidence that it's all about the election. This has nothing to do with an unsafe vaccine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-want-expert-panel-to-ok-coronavirus-vaccine-before-mass-use/ar-BB17EzN2?ocid=Peregrine
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:57 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Further evidence that it's all about the election. This has nothing to do with an unsafe vaccine.

You don't think the Trump Administration would force the CDC and FDA to bring a vaccine to market before it's safety had been determined?

I think they would do it in a second if it meant having a vaccine to brag about prior to election day.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Thousands and thousands of people across the country have been vaccinated in test trails these past couple of months. Guess what, no one has died or gotten seriously ill. The doom and gloom will continue until after the election. Once Biden is elected the Democrats will be giddy for the vaccine.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 pm

OSU - Exactly!!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 pm

The fact that the Trump admin has continually tried to undermine not just the top doctors in our country, but in the world during this time tells me all I need to know. I love reading all the true Trumpers out there who call Fauci and Birx all kinds of names...what none of them want to admit is if Trump was really truly against their advice and didn’t believe in them, he’d fire them. Look how many people he’s gone through in not even one term for Christ sakes...it’s a joke. But he hasn’t...there’s a reason for that. So he will just continue to say stupid shit in the media to question them, but when it comes down to nut cutting time, he won’t fire them...cause he knows their right. And if he did fire them, he’d lose one of the ways he reaches his audience...by finding an enemy to blame shit on.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:48 pm

2084 new cases and 46,869 tests for Friday. Positivity rate for 7 day period ending 8/6 is 4.1%. There are now 13 counties at the warning level for COVID19, among them for Central Illinois is Cass county. net warned us last week that this was coming.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:14 am

OSUBucks wrote:2084 new cases and 46,869 tests for Friday. Positivity rate for 7 day period ending 8/6 is 4.1%. There are now 13 counties at the warning level for COVID19, among them for Central Illinois is Cass county. net warned us last week that this was coming.

i know 4 more people who are positive and 4 more that have self-quarantined. i'm supposed to go to a cookout this evening. 2 of those positives were initially attending.

not sure i want to go.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:35 am

I have found that drinking beer through my face mask is more difficult than it sounds.

If I tilt the beer bottle up at a 120 degree angle to the earth's core and suck as hard as I can I can get about 72% of the beer in my mouth. The other 28% usually is absorbed by my shirt. If any beer makes it past my shirt it gets a little embarrassing. It starts to look like I wet my pants. Usually after about 72% of three or four beers I sneak out before I'm soaking wet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone1 Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Teetime wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:The theory that just wearing a mask is going to solve everything is pretty laughable, but it's gaining traction.

I’m not sure who is a proponent of that theory, but that is certainly not what the Decatur school AD said.

“Just wearing a mask” Is the theory that you invented from his remarks. That is not what he said.

My wife is a hairstylist, she was positive but follows the protocol put in place by Public Health for Salons, she wears a mask all day and requires clients to wear a mask as well.  She had 8 people test after she was positive and ZERO tested positive.  I was not much of a believer before but I do think Mask really help.
Cyclone1
Cyclone1
Bee-otch

Teetime, OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:15 pm

2190 new cases and 48,016 tests for Saturday. Positivity rate for seven day period ending 8/7 is 4.2%.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:27 pm

12 straight days with decreasing numbers Nationally. Daily numbers hovering around 50,000, that's about where we were before Florida and Arizona had their spikes.

About 1.5% of the US population has been proven to be infected by positive tests.

Let me say that again, 1.5% has been infected. What is the panic all about? I remember the experts saying we would see 200,000 cases a day. Either we are doing a phenomenal job of slowing the spread or they are way off on their numbers.

Last Oct to April there was between 39,000,000 and 56,000,000 cases of the flu, and we have a vaccine. That is between 11.8% and 17%.

An expert from the U of I developed a model on what campus woul like like if students return.
https://www.news-gazette.com/coronavirus/ui-scientists-modeling-covid-19-say-campus-can-safely-reopen/article_3ef87d58-462f-5efc-9fa6-f5f0692a0312.html

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:02 pm

1382 new cases and 41,354 tests for Sunday. Positivity rate for 7 day period ending August 8 is 4.1%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:18 pm

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/09/ncaa-cardiac-inflamation-coronavirus-myocarditis-concerns

I realize there's a lot of arguments on both sides of this, and honestly, I find myself going back and forth depending on the day and where my emotions are at that particular moment. But lately, I've found myself more on the side of this is more serious than many want to admit or realize. This is not the flu, and it is not something that many of the people who are sick with this, get over very quickly. There are a vast number of lingering affects, many of which we are still learning about. And it seems to me, that with every passing day, we are seeing more information about how this does affect young people. The article above I came across today; I sure wouldn't want any of my sons to get this and have those symptoms lingering on them as all 3 are very active young men.

The CDC estimates at the high end from 10/1/19 - 4/1/20 there were 62,000 deaths from the flu...we've way more than doubled that in just under a similar 6 month period. But hey, some people discredit the CDC, the WHO, and the top doctors in our country and the world simply because it interferes with their daily lives.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:11 pm

That is a concerting article and I think that every individuals perspective in this issue is based upon where they get their news. I try not to let the media persuade my stance on this and do my best to use statistics and statistics only even though the stats with COVID cannot always be trusted. Also, I try to use my experience in knowing 15 people who had the virus, although 3 were determined to be positive without ever testing, and only 2 showed any signs of the virus. I don’t discount the CDC, WHO, or IDPH but all entities have some type of political motive which make me somewhat skeptical of the information they release. It’s also staring to get hard to believe what doctors say because it seems their statements are political as well, take the hydroxychloroquine debate, which is a drug many individuals take on a daily basis for RA.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Things are never going back to normal if we keep losing it over the effects something has on maybe 100 people out of 340 million.

I posted this out of the article about the Into the Wild bus, but it's applicable to this deal and our sense of "safety"-
 But at a time when personal freedom seems being put to a hard test, it is difficult to see this event as a simple move. Such a symbol, removed because it became a danger, gives us food for thought and inevitably leaves a lot of questions about a world increasingly obsessed with pursuing its ambiguous sense of security.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm

So our most vocal teacher for doing absolutely no in person learning and does not want to even be in the building for E-learning cannot attend our meeting tomorrow because the is on vacation...in Florida.

This is the kind not crap that pisses me off, people fighting tooth and nail to keep kids out of school and say how scared they are to go back, but go on vacation 1 week before we start school. Also, he is putting his kids in a private school this year so they can have in person learning.

If you are that fearful of the virus and it's effects, you and your entire family need to go about your life in manner that is safe and does not create any added risk of infection such as parties, games, vacation, eating at restaurants, and going to school
This is also the same guy that asked how will we social distance if there is an active shooter in the building.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:05 pm

dusty7 wrote:So our most vocal teacher for doing absolutely no in person learning and does not want to even be in the building for E-learning cannot attend our meeting tomorrow because the is on vacation...in Florida.

This is the kind not crap that pisses me off, people fighting tooth and nail to keep kids out of school and say how scared they are to go back, but go on vacation 1 week before we start school. Also, he is putting his kids in a private school this year so they can have in person learning.  

If you are that fearful of the virus and it's effects, you and your entire family need to go about your life in manner that is safe and does not create any added risk of infection such as parties, games, vacation, eating at restaurants, and going to school
This is also the same guy that asked how will we social distance if there is an active shooter in the building.
Psssst- He doesn't care. He just doesn't want to be around kids, or do his job. He just wants to earn a paycheck doing nothing.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:23 pm

On a recent paper posted in all our housing units, there are guidelines on how to protect YOURSELF from getting the Rona. One is cover your cough and sneeze and then immediately wash your hands.

WTF? Are you giving it to yourself?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Checking in from the great state of Wyoming.....

All the parks, campgrounds and horse camps we've been at over the past 6 weeks have been full. Booming. Record years. The guy who owns Ten Sleep RV says his business will be double last year's. And, many of his customers are arriving in brand new RV s, towed by brand new trucks with dealer tags still on.
How's the recession going in Illinois?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Glad to hear that you haven't been victimized by COVID19. Unemployment rate is 14% in Illinois which is spiking our budget deficit. We're counting on Federal money coming our way next year after Sleepy Joe becomes President. Wink
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:01 pm

Head Idiot wrote:On a recent paper posted in all our housing units, there are guidelines on how to protect YOURSELF from getting the Rona. One is cover your cough and sneeze and then immediately wash your hands.

You are opposed to washing your hands?

See you get germs on your hands when you cover your mouth to cough or sneeze, then you touch a doorknob or a countertop or anything else that is in a common area and spread those germs.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:13 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Checking in from the great state of Wyoming.....

All the parks, campgrounds and horse camps we've been at over the past 6 weeks have been full.   Booming.   Record years.   The guy who owns Ten Sleep RV says his business will be double last year's.   And,  many of his customers are arriving in brand new RV s, towed by brand new trucks with dealer tags still on.

RV sales are booming all across the country. Home swimming pool sales also.

Nobody wants to stay in a hotel or motel or ride in a train or bus or plane, so RVs solve all of those problems for the people that still feel the need to travel.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:On a recent paper posted in all our housing units, there are guidelines on how to protect YOURSELF from getting the Rona. One is cover your cough and sneeze and then immediately wash your hands.

You are opposed to washing your hands?

See you get germs on your hands when you cover your mouth to cough or sneeze, then you touch a doorknob or a countertop or anything else that is in a common area and spread those germs.
Perhaps you missed where it was guidance to keep YOURSELF safe. Your own sneeze isn't going to make you sick.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:07 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Checking in from the great state of Wyoming.....

All the parks, campgrounds and horse camps we've been at over the past 6 weeks have been full.   Booming.   Record years.   The guy who owns Ten Sleep RV says his business will be double last year's.   And,  many of his customers are arriving in brand new RV s, towed by brand new trucks with dealer tags still on.
Where about in Wyoming? Just left there on July 30th myself as you can see in my picture (my wife took that at Yellowstone). Love it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next