Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 17 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by net Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:28 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:On June 6 in Florida the positivity rate was just under 3%, now it's just over 12%. A lot can change in two weeks. If everyone who went out in public wore a mask COVID19 would be about gone in the US now. SMH

What if the "positivity rate" goes to 100% but the death rate goes to zero?  Positivity rate, without context or related death rate, is a meaningless
stat.

That is a very big if. Fatality rate is going up in Florida too, even though the virus only kills a very small percentage of those infected.

In other news the Governor confirms that we are going to Phase 4 on Friday.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg-hinz-politics/pritzker-makes-it-official-were-going-phase-4

was craving some good old springfield tavern chill last week. went to joe roger's on wednesday and they decided that day, 'screw it we are going phase 4 today!' i had food inside a restaurant for the 1st time since everything was shut down in march. it felt pretty good.

and it tasted even better. Wink
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:29 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:On June 6 in Florida the positivity rate was just under 3%, now it's just over 12%. A lot can change in two weeks. If everyone who went out in public wore a mask COVID19 would be about gone in the US now. SMH

What if the "positivity rate" goes to 100% but the death rate goes to zero?  Positivity rate, without context or related death rate, is a meaningless
stat.

That is a very big if. Fatality rate is going up in Florida too, even though the virus only kills a very small percentage of those infected.

In other news the Governor confirms that we are going to Phase 4 on Friday.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg-hinz-politics/pritzker-makes-it-official-were-going-phase-4

was craving some good old springfield tavern chill last week. went to joe roger's on wednesday and they decided that day, 'screw it we are going phase 4 today!' i had food inside a restaurant for the 1st time since everything was shut down in march. it felt pretty good.

and it tasted even better. Wink

I went to Coz's yesterday and had some wings and pizza. It was only the 2nd time out to eat for me since March and it was dining outside. I love Darcy's chili and might head over there Friday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Google any 3-digit number followed by "new cases" and see what comes up.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm

i have said (a lot) recently that in 3+ months i have known ZERO people who have tested positive for COVID19.

today i got a call from the county health department informing me that i was with someone over the weekend who tested positive for COVID19.

so, i (and my immediate family) have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  as of right now, none of us have any symptoms. nor does the person who tested positive.  *fingers crossed*
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:26 pm

ging wrote:i have said (a lot) recently that in 3+ months i have known ZERO people who have tested positive for COVID19.

today i got a call from the county health department informing me that i was with someone over the weekend who tested positive for COVID19.

so, i (and my immediate family) have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  as of right now, none of us have any symptoms. nor does the person who tested positive.  *fingers crossed*

Stay safe ging, I'm sure it will work out ok for you and your family.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:30 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ging wrote:i have said (a lot) recently that in 3+ months i have known ZERO people who have tested positive for COVID19.

Stay safe ging, I'm sure it will work out ok for you and your family.

thanks bucks. i'm not concerned for me or my family. but the person who tested positive is in the "higher risk" group. my concern is for that person and their immediate family.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:16 pm

good luck to you and your family going.

i know 7 people who've tested positive. only 2 got really,really sick. the were a man and his wife.(i teach with her).
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:40 pm

net wrote:

good luck to you and your family going.

i know 7 people who've tested positive. only 2 got really,really sick. the were a man and his wife.(i teach with her).

thanks net
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:50 pm

2/8 people I know had symptoms.

Unless you were really close or face to face for an extended period of time you will most likely be okay.  My sister had to quarantine and was told if no symptoms are present, get tested 5-7 days after contact with that individual, and if it is negative your quarantine can be lifted.

I am positive all of you will come out of this with little to no effect. 80% of people experience little to no symptoms.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:59 pm

462 new cases
18,219 tested
2.5% Positivity Rate - which means nothing
26 deaths (14 individuals shot and killed in Chicago)

250 of 5,937 in use (96% available)
419 of 3871 ICU beds in use (89% available)

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 pm

dusty7 wrote:462 new cases
18,219 tested
2.5% Positivity Rate - which means nothing
26 deaths (14 individuals shot and killed in Chicago)

250 of 5,937 in use (96% available)
419 of 3871 ICU beds in use (89% available)

More good news for Illinois today. Florida had 2926 new cases today, Arizona 2196, Texas 1061 and California 2006. Those numbers aren't good but were all lower than their numbers last week. I still think that round 1 of COVID19 is on its last legs. 258 new deaths in US today after 267 yesterday. We were losing 1000+ a day at one point during this Pandemic. I imagine that when you watch the evening news tonight they will spin it differently.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Good article with statistics to support their argument. I support the 1st Amendment rights of Protesters. That said it will contribute somewhat to the overall casualty count, that is unavoidable. I doubt that anyone on the major networks will ever state that fact though. They will rant and rave about the handful of states that opened early though.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:07 pm

What if you don't?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

What if you don't?

what if we don't quarantine?  first of all, we will, so the question is moot.  and i don't know what, if anything, the health department could do about it if we went against their directive.

it's not an issue for us as it will not impact any of us financially or any other way other than some minor inconveniences. i hope i can same about the person who tested positive.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Just wondering.

Maybe it's me, but I always ask that question when someone tells me to do something. I like options.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Just wondering.

Maybe it's me, but I always ask that question when someone tells me to do something. I like options.

i would have preferred having an option. we were not given one.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 pm

ging wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Just wondering.

i would have preferred having an option. we were not given one.
I mean you have some, but I just wondered what the consequences of that would be. No worries.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:47 pm

20,507 tests in Illinois in last 24 hours and 601 new cases today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:59 pm

In a private call to Governors yesterday Dr Birx recommended more testing to find asymptomatic individuals, contradicting Trump.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:02 pm

I always like to listen to what Dr Fauci has to say. I hope I can carry myself as well as he does when I'm 79. Today he said that blacks have been victims of racism for a long time and that they have every right to be out there protesting. He also said that's a big reason why we're seeing spikes in infections in some of the states and why were seeing more younger people infected, being that most of the protesters are younger people.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:30 pm

i now know 8 people with covid. my brother-in-law's 100yo grandma tested positive. she's a sweetie and still has her wits about her.

19 new cases in cass county, 39 in 4 days.

19 workers and 20 residents all from walker nursing home. drove by there on monday. what is usually a parking lot of 20 some cars had 5 max.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

715 new cases today, an increase but there were more tests in the last 24 hours, 29,331. Hospitalizations and ICU usage continues to decline.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next