Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by ging Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:04 am

OSUBucks wrote: My suspicions are that the CDC head is full of shit

so who DO you trust regarding this matter?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:28 am

ging wrote:

I have trust that many are trying to do the right thing but as far as predicting how bad this is going to get I trust no one. This is a new virus. A year from now we'll know a lot more about it than we do now. There is just so much panic right now. The CDC head not only said that this was as bad as influenza but much worse. That was a very irresponsible comment on his part because he doesn't know that. The government and media would do well to try to calm fears rather than inciting panic.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:47 am

OSUBucks wrote:
ging wrote:

I have trust that many are trying to do the right thing but as far as predicting how bad this is going to get I trust no one. This is a new virus. A year from now we'll know a lot more about it than we do now. There is just so much panic right now. The CDC head not only said that this was as bad as influenza but much worse. That was a very irresponsible comment on his part because he doesn't know that. The government and media would do well to try to calm fears rather than inciting panic.

Agree.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:47 pm

OSUBucks wrote:That was a very irresponsible comment on his part because he doesn't know that. The government and media would do well to try to calm fears rather than inciting panic.

This assumes that the most respected expert in his field doesn’t know what he is talking about.

I’m going to assume that he does.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:That was a very irresponsible comment on his part because he doesn't know that. The government and media would do well to try to calm fears rather than inciting panic.

This assumes that the most respected expert in his field doesn’t know what he is talking about.

I think when it's all said and done he will have missed his predictions on this disease by a mile. I'll leave it at that for now.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:21 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:

I think when it's all said and done he will have missed his predictions on this disease by a mile. I'll leave it at that for now.

You do agree that the media should report on the public statements of the director of the CDC, don’t you?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:22 pm

This info comes from the Stanford Hospital board:

. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

THE SYMPTOMS:

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Item #3 gives the temperature in Celsius which would be 78-80 Fahrenheit. That strongly suggests to me that this is going to be a seasonal virus and things will return to normal in other 6 weeks or so.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Teetime wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Teetime wrote:

You do agree that the media should report on the public statements of the director of the CDC, don’t you?

In hindsight I would say no. All the guy did was incite a lot of fear with his outrageously false statement. When this is all said and done I think the casualties will be about 1/10 of that of influenza if that. This expert said it would be a lot worse.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Just so I’m clear, if the media thinks the information they are given by the highest government spokesman on a subject is bullshit, they should not report it out to the public.

That is your position?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Teetime wrote:Just so I’m clear, if the media thinks the information they are given by the highest government spokesman on a subject is bullshit, they should not report it out to the public.

That is your position?
They take that stance on a whole number of other government spokespeople, why should they suddenly strictly report this one as the gospel?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

What a great rock song!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:46 pm

I hate it when my sputum gets runny. I prefer a firm, bulbous sputum.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:This info comes from the Stanford Hospital board:

3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

THE SYMPTOMS:

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Item #3 gives the temperature in Celsius which would be 78-80 Fahrenheit. That strongly suggests to me that this is going to be a seasonal virus and things will return to normal in other 6 weeks or so.

And yet people in states such as California,Florida,Texas and warm climate countries like Australia and islands have been affected

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 5 Empty ?

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:Just so I’m clear, if the media thinks the information they are given by the highest government spokesman on a subject is bullshit, they should not report it out to the public.

That is your position?
They take that stance on a whole number of other government spokespeople, why should they suddenly strictly report this one as the gospel?

Which spokespeople are ignorEd because the media thinks they are spewing bullshit?

Dr. Fauci was testifying before a Congressional committee. It was a live telecast. How could the media censor that?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:01 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:This info comes from the Stanford Hospital board:

THE SYMPTOMS:

And yet people in states such as California,Florida,Texas and warm climate countries like Australia and islands have been affected

I don't think they've had a lot of cases in Florida. A total of 4 in Central Florida as of today. It was 59 degrees in Los Angeles today. Let's be patient for a while with the weather warming up and I think the number of new cases will begin declining soon.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:11 pm

Teetime wrote:
Which spokespeople are ignorEd because the media thinks they are spewing bullshit?

Dr. Fauci was testifying before a Congressional committee. It was a live telecast. How could the media censor that?
ICE, anything having to do with immigration, anything involving the climate or warming, just as a couple.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:32 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
When this is all said and done I think the casualties will be about 1/10 of that of influenza if that. This expert said it would be a lot worse.

as with all things, time will tell. and i hope you're right! but, will that be due to chance or because we were proactive and took extreme measures to prevent the spread of the virus?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 pm

about to go from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE  to a "state of emergency".....

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:59 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:about to go from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE  to a "state of emergency".....
That's a pretty convenient edit there.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

ICE, anything having to do with immigration, anything involving the climate or warming, just as a couple.

Find me an ICE or Immigration spokesperson who said something before Congress that OSU thought was bullshit and the media ignored.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:07 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:about to go from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE  to a "state of emergency".....

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/11/fact-check-a-list-of-28-ways-trump-and-his-team-have-been-dishonest-about-the-coronavirus/

I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” And he said: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.

Last edited by Teetime on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Find me an ICE or Immigration spokesperson who said something before Congress that OSU thought was bullshit and the media ignored.
What? How does OSU's opinion play into this scenario. You asked what government entities are ignored by the media. I answered. Now I need to run it through OSU first?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

You're right he said/meant none of that...it's all made up right??? This is why the guy is a total idiot....supposed to be a leader of the free world,that other countries will follow his lead in times of crisis and yet he's a total \"f\"ing asshat......now today he's going to declare a state of emergency for something that despite being told by experts was coming,he kept downplaying and denying......

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Sure. OSU thought what Dr. Faucci said was bullshit and therefore should have gone unreported by the media. Read what he said.

Last edited by Teetime on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next